The best GT5 cars according to stormbringer!

I see a RUF CTR2 '96 at the used car lot for 201k and am almost sold as you enjoy driving it the most. But is it effective for events? Its lap time places it in the middle of the road car group.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I see a RUF CTR2 '96 at the used car lot for 201k and am almost sold as you enjoy driving it the most. But is it effective for events? Its lap time places it in the middle of the road car group.

Thanks!

Depends on the event. it will easily beat AI supercars. probably not effective against race cars.
and i think its the only 4WD RUF!

Last edited:
A fully tuned up/broken in Sauber Mercedes tops out at around 1013hp. Its a hairy ride, but unbeatable if driven in the right hands. My BoBs love it too...it slays Like The Wind and Dream Car Championship

I got 1017 out of it, but man does it know how to put all of them down, and it corners even slightly better than my furai in my hands

WHAT?! The Tuscan handles AMAZING after completely modifying it. That car grips like no other car Ive owned in the game. It accelerates like arocket too. 550 hp and about 850 KG. How can that not accelerate great? I took it around the nurburgring and it demolished all of my other cars times.

The LFA is a piece of crap though. Hated it, sold it.

you are right. That is a good car 👍 Its one of the ones i tested on my first day and never looked back at it. my bad. thanks for pointing that out.
did some more suspension tweaks and she gave me a much better lap time this time around. handled much better too.

What setup did you have for the HKS? I just got it yesterday, but it understeers like hell .... and you rated the handling 9 ;)

Ok i had problems with this car until i realized its a 4WD. i set torque to 50/50 and it solved most of the handling problems. It has great handling, very solid.
just wish it had a little more power..

torque 50/50
ride height -14
springs 8.9/8
dampers 4
anti roll 2

Last edited:
Hey Stormbringer, fantastic thread you have here! It's really helped me make car buying decisions.

How do the stealth cars compare to fully modded standard versions?

Have you tried the Audi R10? I'm quite happy with my R10 stealth and i'm wondering if it'll be still be worth it to buy another race car such as the R92C or C60. Or should I save my money for something else?

Hey Stormbringer, fantastic thread you have here! It's really helped me make car buying decisions.

How do the stealth cars compare to fully modded standard versions?

Have you tried the Audi R10? I'm quite happy with my R10 stealth and i'm wondering if it'll be still be worth it to buy another race car such as the R92C or C60. Or should I save my money for something else?

Glad it helped. Dont have any stealth cars. Maybe someone here reading this knows the difference.

and i havent had the chance to try out the R10 yet. someone on this thread said that its pretty much the same as a peugeot 908.
I opted to buy the 908 first because of its slightly better stats. its a great car.
Will get the R10 eventually.

Assuming that the R10 performs the same as the 908, Id say if you were to get the R92C you would be upgrading. I didnt like the C60. She doesnt brake or handle as well as the other 3 ive tested.

get a formula turismo yet? if not, save up for that. no regrets guaranteed.

Great thread...thanks for the time it took to make this.

cheers :)

Last edited:
^ I seem to get better times on the Indy speedway with my r10 than the minolta due to better high speed cornering.

Re: gran turismo, I'm still level 21. Will definitely get it when I can. Is it true it can't be used in A spec though?

^ I seem to get better times on the Indy speedway with my r10 than the minolta due to better high speed cornering.

Re: gran turismo, I'm still level 21. Will definitely get it when I can. Is it true it can't be used in A spec though?

u can use the FGT in quite a few Aspec events.
The Ferrari f1s and redbull X1 u can't use in Events, from what I've read.

21-Impreza Super Touring car (good grip, slow acceleration)

I think you need to look at this one again, particularly in regard to acceleration. Within its class (ie up to its max BHP) it has very favourable acceleration, which only starts to slow once you get to around the 160mph mark.

This is my current Nurburgring car (it's good for a 6.2x.xxx lap time), and I have found that the more I tinker with it, the more awesome this car becomes! Maxed tuned it has around 527bhp, and it can pull off the line like a superstar, if you drop the hammer! Several times last night, I launched past JGTC class cars, and launched almost equally as fast as the RM'd Camaro '69.

So fantastic is this car, I would rate it against a car with 100bhp more in a race on the ring! 👍

I think you need to look at this one again, particularly in regard to acceleration. Within its class (ie up to its max BHP) it has very favourable acceleration, which only starts to slow once you get to around the 160mph mark.

This is my current Nurburgring car (it's good for a 6.2x.xxx lap time), and I have found that the more I tinker with it, the more awesome this car becomes! Maxed tuned it has around 527bhp, and it can pull off the line like a superstar, if you drop the hammer! Several times last night, I launched past JGTC class cars, and launched almost equally as fast as the RM'd Camaro '69.

So fantastic is this car, I would rate it against a car with 100bhp more in a race on the ring! 👍

I definately remember it feeling kind of slow when i drove it, compared to...lets say, Toms supra, S2000gti. she has very impressive cornering which makes up for that. have to brake very little with her. Her lap time beats both the cars i mentioned. It is a great car, acceleration and speed just isnt her best quality.

Still, I agree she is a more than a great car for her class. Ill remove the word "slow" from there 👍

Last edited:
Did you try the Calsonic Nissan R89C LM race car maybe?

I see yo uwere delighted by the Nissand R92C, so i was wandering about his older brother...
Cheers!

Did you try the Calsonic Nissan R89C LM race car maybe?

I see yo uwere delighted by the Nissand R92C, so i was wandering about his older brother...
Cheers!

Not yet. need to find one.

Just wanted to leave message to say thanks to you Stormbringer!!

Nice list and well done...it helps a lot with me progress of GT life.

Cheers

welcome dude, im happy it helped

Added just 1 car today

ARTA NSX'06--something has to be off. I cant believe this car did so well. didnt expect it at all.

Last edited:
wonderfull list of cars and info top notch.my fav car sauber c9 top 5 in my book if you set it up right. its best for me in the ring.....

Really great work. I have a suggestion though. Perhaps you could update the first post with a log style set of updates each time you add cars? For example, at the bottom of the post just put "December 21st: Tested the Gallardo, got 1:30.xxx"

It's hard to keep track of what cars are new on your test list.

Really great work. I have a suggestion though. Perhaps you could update the first post with a log style set of updates each time you add cars? For example, at the bottom of the post just put "December 21st: Tested the Gallardo, got 1:30.xxx"

It's hard to keep track of what cars are new on your test list.

ya, I thought about doing that way too late into testing. Had already tested 50 to 60 cars by then. its a good idea. I couldve used that info when i was retesting some of the cars.

I post the names of some of the cars i test as i go along, in a new post.
So some of that date info is there. but im too lazy to compile it all.

Ill keep that in mind if i ever do another one of these. going to end this testing soon. just have a few more cool cars to get.

Great work :)

Have you tried any of the GT-R JGTC cars?

apparently i havent, which is weird. I will get. ive tested the GTR LM concept. but i think thats it.

wonderfull list of cars and info top notch.my fav car sauber c9 top 5 in my book if you set it up right. its best for me in the ring.....

thats one of the cars im patiently looking around for.

The sauber mercedes is again one of those cars i really need to save up money for. my race car inventory is really crap. Will get it soon hopefully.

You need this car!!!

My personal best around Deep Forest is a 59.8 with the C9. TC 1, Skid on, no ASM, ABS 1

1013 Hp 900kg

I do feel the R92 and Minolta are faster than it, but not by much. It is fun driving something few others have just yet.

how about that suzuki escudo monster thing? haven't read too much about it but seems like it would be fast around a small windy track like this

To be honest: I think you are better now then when you started this list. I know that the Tommy Kaira is very good, but the GT-R is better in my opnion. Just my thoughts :)

how about that suzuki escudo monster thing? haven't read too much about it but seems like it would be fast around a small windy track like this

tested it today. monster is the right word for it

To be honest: I think you are better now then when you started this list. I know that the Tommy Kaira is very good, but the GT-R is better in my opnion. Just my thoughts :)

I agree, i know this track like the back of my hand now. Will give the GTR specV another shot when i get a GTR JGTC

Back