The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
i'm having a problem with gt6. i start up the game and go to time trails. when the game finished loading the screen, the music stops and it wont load the track. please help.

Game assets not loading, music breaking or not playing, sounds like your blu ray is dying or your disc is becoming unreadable /scratches,dirt .../.If you got any other game, try it and see if there's any kind of loading/playing problem with other games too. If not, check disc for scratches, dirt ..., if so, try to clean it with some soft cloth.

The Jaguar XJ220 '92 doesn't appear to gain any HP from Dealership to after oil change. PP goes from 563 to 571 but the HP remains at 542. Please verify if you can. Thanks.

I've noticed when driving on other peoples course creator tracks in open lobbies, that sometimes the game will freeze for a fraction of a second, if it happens when your under braking, it can really throw you off. Something they'll hopefully fix during the next server maintenance.

Multiplayer is broken in so many ways and according to patch notes nothing has been done about it, I wouldn't be surprised if this stays the way it is. I remember micro freezes on Sierra, but I'm not sure if they were patched. Weren't there also micro freezes on all tracks every time someone in a new car enters the track? Can't remember if those got fixed.

Posted this in another thread, the brightness seems to be screwed up on the Eiffel Flat sample track.
Pics were taken with the in-game exposure value set to 0.
Last corner before the main straight
3opgY9K.jpg

Main straight (back to normal)
Sbx3GOi.jpg

Not as bad as on the final corner, but still WAY too bright
LRHjRo9.jpg
Cockpit view is impossible to use on the sample tracks too. It's too dark, even with the in-game exposure turned all the way up.

Multiplayer is broken in so many ways and according to patch notes nothing has been done about it, I wouldn't be surprised if this stays the way it is. I remember micro freezes on Sierra, but I'm not sure if they were patched. Weren't there also micro freezes on all tracks every time someone in a new car enters the track? Can't remember if those got fixed.
I don't usually have probloms with them. Only when a player enters the room usually. This is the first time i've seen them like this.

I've noticed when driving on other peoples course creator tracks in open lobbies, that sometimes the game will freeze for a fraction of a second, if it happens when your under braking, it can really throw you off. Something they'll hopefully fix during the next server maintenance.
Those little freezes are really annoying :indiff:

Last edited:
Looked back through the last few pages ( back to people talking about 1.18 at least ) and haven't noticed this being mentioned, although maybe it is something that has always been the case even in GT5 ?

Headlights don't show up on the track, when driving any user made tracks. Both in Standard and Premium cars. The headlights symbol shows up and I can even switch betwixt high and low beam, so I know they're on. But there is no effect on the track itself, which can make for some hairy driving when it's dark ! In replays and looking at the front of the car in exterior view, during the race, the headlights are on, on the car. But nothing affects the road ahead.

I checked to see if it was in-game official tracks too ( like an overall headlights bug for me alone ) but the headlights work fine on all of the in-game tracks i have driven on.

Anyone having them show up fine in their gameplay on user-made tracks ?

Looked back through the last few pages ( back to people talking about 1.18 at least ) and haven't noticed this being mentioned, although maybe it is something that has always been the case even in GT5 ?

Headlights don't show up on the track, when driving any user made tracks. Both in Standard and Premium cars. The headlights symbol shows up and I can even switch betwixt high and low beam, so I know they're on. But there is no effect on the track itself, which can make for some hairy driving when it's dark ! In replays and looking at the front of the car in exterior view, during the race, the headlights are on, on the car. But nothing affects the road ahead.

I checked to see if it was in-game official tracks too ( like an overall headlights bug for me alone ) but the headlights work fine on all of the in-game tracks i have driven on.

Anyone having them show up fine in their gameplay on user-made tracks ?
No lights, and sometimes the user tracks will lose my car settings!

I believe any setting altered in the Track testing process is lost on exit as there appears to be no data save event triggered like leaving a career race series.

The latest update has improved the game further, it's much better to play now (lightyears ahead of when it first came out, and a positive improvement over previous updates) as they've worked out even more of the previous weird kinks in vehicle driving dynamics.

Last edited:
DO NOT REPORT THIS BECAUSE THIS IS TO GOOD TO FIX!!!!!!

Found an awesome glitch where I got to drive five laps of my user created track in the group GT3 series races, after I finished the Monza race with my Mclaren F1 I suspended the tournament and left for a little while, when I reloaded the save it showed the Nurburgring, and it was still five laps and the still picture of it before the race loads was still there, but the tracks logo was changed to the Sierra one and the picture of the Nurburgring was replaced with the custom track. The race loaded like usual, I won and I got payed. (160,000 for login bonuses)
Here is my proof:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

After that I saved the replay and the final at Suzuka loaded normally... So that happened I guess. I'll try it again and see if I can get it in a point to point track

EDIT:
I was unable to get it to work, but I was able to capture some more pictures of the glitch and I have proved that it always works with looped tracks instead of point to point. I also have some more pictures from the menu screens aswell
Here you go:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This view glitches out
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Twice in a row now in an online endurance race I have pulled into the pits only for my crew not to serve me and then result in me being stuck in the pits for the rest of the race. The first time as Lexus VGT's at Monza and the second time was today at Circuit De La Sarthe 2013 in the Zytek Z11SN's. Really frustrating especially because in both cases I was leading :|
Strike?

Set any race car suspension on highest and tires on neutral and damping on 1 ...loosey goosey. Downforce maxed out.

You will have a winner car every time offline

Got to be a glitch

I'd like to jump in and report my bug. There's something horribly wrong with the brake system of GT6. It totally slows me down and I can't do anything about it. I think it may have something to do with the ABS. In some cases, the car automaticly slows down. It feels like there are still some hidden driving aids enables of which I don't know about. I have disabled all driving aids including the ABS. I am using the DS3 controller and use the buttons L2 for braking and R2 for accelerating which is commonly used for racing games. Here's a shot for a better understanding.

GT6 bug.jpg

Sometimes my L2 Button get's stuck a bit and stay just like in the screen you posted...i had to force the button out (pulling it out) to fix it.

Just saying...

I'd like to jump in and report my bug. There's something horribly wrong with the brake system of GT6. It totally slows me down and I can't do anything about it. I think it may have something to do with the ABS. In some cases, the car automaticly slows down. It feels like there are still some hidden driving aids enables of which I don't know about. I have disabled all driving aids including the ABS. I am using the DS3 controller and use the buttons L2 for braking and R2 for accelerating which is commonly used for racing games. Here's a shot for a better understanding.

View attachment 467600
Try remapping your controller configuration and see if the problem still occurs.

Yes- Bug
No- L2 button

View attachment 467600
Back when I ran a DS3, My left trigger was unusually sensitive. I would sometimes just rest my finger on the button, and suddenly I would be braking and I wouldn't even know it.

Check if your analog sticks are in neutral positions. They like to get a bit loose after long use.

EDIT: I mean, as default, the sticks are assigned to steering and accelerating/braking, and from what I remember you can assign the same function to more than just one button...?

I had that happen with my Driving Force pedals. I took the bottom off and used canned air to blow it out. (Cat hair and carpet lint!) Then I sprayed the rheostats with "Electronic Cleaner" (available at auto parts stores). I put some silicone grease on a few moving parts and put it back together. This was over a year ago and no further problems. My wife and I still have the cats. The biggest problem was them chewing on the wheel and headset wires. Ask if you want my easy solution which also works on your cel ph charger wire.

The above really doesn't belong on this thread but it might help someone.

Any way:
I didn't take a picture of the screen, but on the current 600PP Seasonal Event, I finished first and on the finish time screen at the end, the third place car had a shorter time behind me than the second place car. ???

Last edited:
Repeatable weird stunt:

I had created a 6+ mile track in the Eifel hills where I could race the 800+ PP cars. Wide, high banking with some regular and wide sweeping turns. It includes long gentle bends over the hills and down into the valleys that can be run wide open. I was running the Tomahawk X Vision Grand Turismo at top speed with R3 pushed to bring the flaps in and -----} I PASSED THE RACING LINE!!! :eek:

The game or the PS3 couldn't generate the Racing Line fast enough!!!

After playing with it I determined that the Racing Line can run about 337 mph and if I was faster, I would out run it and as I slowed, it would eventually catch up with me. If I was running really fast, like 400 mph for a while, it would take quite awhile for it to catch up. This is easy to duplicate at the Special Stage Route X in Single Player Arcade Mode Running the 964 PP Tomahawk with R3 held in. :cool:

Last edited:
I keep getting backed out of the open lobby. I can only be in the open lobby for a few seconds, then it backs me out, no error message. My back button is not stuck, either. Also, when I join a server, I get signed out of PSN. This only happens in GT6 servers, not in any other game.

Your controller is shot. It happened with me on GT5 with a practically new controller after only a few months, and my current paddle is almost shot. The triggers and facebuttons are moving parts, of course they'll become loose.

Also, you contradict yourself. You say it has something to do with ABS, but obviously it can't have anything to do with ABS since you've disabled it. It's just your controller.

Yes I just fixed it. It was the controller. It works fine now. Thanks :)

I keep getting backed out of the open lobby. I can only be in the open lobby for a few seconds, then it backs me out, no error message. My back button is not stuck, either. Also, when I join a server, I get signed out of PSN. This only happens in GT6 servers, not in any other game.
I am experiencing the same exact thing, today November 7, 2015 at 2:00pm PST. I got on a server, had to do a few chores and forgot I was still online, then 2 hours later I came back with the lobby empty, so I exited the lobby to join a different one and it suddenly backed out. I re-entered the open lobby menu and 10 seconds later it backed out again. I thought I was being hacked so I turned off my PS3, waited a minute, then turned on GT6 again. As soon as I got to the main menu, I tried to enter the open lobby, looked through the lobbies just to 3 seconds later be automatically backed out. I tried again and again 3 more times, all with failure, so I quit.

I am experiencing the same exact thing, today November 7, 2015 at 2:00pm PST. I got on a server, had to do a few chores and forgot I was still online, then 2 hours later I came back with the lobby empty, so I exited the lobby to join a different one and it suddenly backed out. I re-entered the open lobby menu and 10 seconds later it backed out again. I thought I was being hacked so I turned off my PS3, waited a minute, then turned on GT6 again. As soon as I got to the main menu, I tried to enter the open lobby, looked through the lobbies just to 3 seconds later be automatically backed out. I tried again and again 3 more times, all with failure, so I quit.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this issue. It should go away if you reset your PS3/internet.

Apparently driving a C7 Test Car in a rain wont make much difference from the dry compared to other cars. I just noticed when i can easily outrun an Aventador miles ahead on 50 percent wet. The tires are stock obviously.

Latest Posts

Back