The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
My first attempt failed as well. Then the second time it worked fine. Didn't do anything than reload the game. Have you tried restarting your modem?
sadly i dont have access to the router/modem, but is it possible to download the upgrade to usb and install msnually?

so weird that the download seems fine, but the install freezes at 46% every time

sadly i dont have access to the router/modem, but is it possible to download the upgrade to usb and install msnually?

so weird that the download seems fine, but the install freezes at 46% every time
There isn't a way to patch via usb unfortunately:(.

Don't really know if this is a glitch or a issue, but when I got the anniversary edition I never received the GT3 Nissan and Audi R8 for some reason, but it's not a large issue, I got the copy from GAME.

I believe your right and I believe it is only a matter of time before reports all the world go around and I am sure Polyphony Digital will take notice of it. ;)

EDIT: And there it goes yet again. :rolleyes: However I just turned my console off and then on again and it worked. It usually takes 4 or 5 tries but this only took one. interesting....

Just an update on this problem. My copy of GT6 got progressively worse as far as the loading goes so I finally took it back to GameStop for another copy. Got home, put it in my PS3 and it loaded right up, rather quickly I might add. So if your problems continue, I would just take it back and exchange it for another copy. That should solve your problem.

Incidentally, I now have an extra 25th Anniversary code. :sly:

I already redeemed mine, but I haven't downloaded my cars yet, just not ready too. I feel like the first copies of GT6 are flawed as ours were, but who knows. I still hope they give an explanation about this. I hope my next copy doesn't do this. :ouch:

Playing online last night, in a friends-only lobby hosted by someone else (I think), I got stuck on loading the Silverstone GP course. It just sat there saying that it was loading the course and would let me in as soon as it was done. No HDD light flashing on the PS3. Exiting and re-entering the lobby cleared it.

It was also hit or miss whether my choice of no driving line was respected.

Pretty new to GTP so sorry if this doesn't work GT6 Engine Sound Glitch YouTube user WTFpotsworth

Yea, I have had a lot of sound glitches similar to that and only on Bathurst as well. So I think a few people including me now are under the assumption that it might be the track that is causing the sound issues.

I was racing the 15-minute races on Apricot. I was 1st around 10-15 seconds in the lead. I passed the finish line and 1 second later the timer got to 15 minutes which triggered the "last lap", places 2nd through 10th which were all on the leader's lap (me) ended their race as soon as they crossed the start line as opposed to finishing their race on the checkered flag, the real finish line. Those opponents who I didn't lapped ended with a "1 lap behind" result.

I have experienced a number of glitches thus far.
I love the game though.

1. Custom soundtracks for races won't play or will play only occasionally.

2. There is a texture glitch that looks like a rain drop only for a split second on tracks while racing. I could not get a photo of that, it pops up too fast.

3. Pit crew glitched though the ground on bathurst.
photo 2.JPG

4. The subaru sonic blue mica glitches out on the Ford GT40 into a matte paint. Edit - it glitches on all cars. The paint chip is from the Wrx rally car.
photo 4.JPG

5. Racing hard tires have substantially less grip on some cars.

6. If you are in a race menu and purchase exhaust upgrades the sound doesn't change until you leave the race. This was a problem in the early version of GT5.

7. Sometimes when the AI drivers brake their car nose dives into the ground, pushing the back of the car way up.

8. When you get about two car lengths to an AI car the car changes from looking deformed to regular. This is all premium cars driven by the AI.

Last edited:
My ps3 slim have crashed three times this evening, three times during the loading of Willow Springs circuit, two times online.

After rebooting, i had to "repair" the memory system... Nothing lost but im afraid that GT6 will kill my ps3!!

I don't think it's the PS3 or the YLOD. There's people getting the same bug, mostly on the Fat backward compatible PS3s although some slims are doing the same thing. After it happened to me 2 times I ended up playing GT5 for hours without any issues.

Driving the first midnight series was torture,for some reason my anniversary edition 86 headlights were very dim,throw n the fact that all the Ai cars headlights don't show on the road and you're in for a very bad time.👎

Good. I thought I was the only one who thought the Huayra was uncontrollable. This tire model seems to be a bit glitchy. :lol:

Funny because I was running my C7 Vette at Nurb with 900+hp and not only was Nurb feeling more narrow road wise, but for the life of me I couldn't keep that car on the pavement. I considered myself a good enough driver in GT5 to where I could keep my ZR1 with 900+hp on the Nurb pavement, so definitely something seems odd about this tire model...:odd:

Yea, I have had a lot of sound glitches similar to that and only on Bathurst as well. So I think a few people including me now are under the assumption that it might be the track that is causing the sound issues.

Quite often, my car will sound like it's electric at the start of a race until I make contact with another car/wall.

Also, anyone else had their T/C and ABS settings options removed? I can't set them anymore.

I just raced and was coming across the finish line in first place and it made me do another lap and immediately put me in 10th place...

Not sure if this is car-specific but sometimes my Toyota 86 loses the exhaust sound. Sometimes it comes back (within the same race) then sometimes it goes off again. :confused: Very disorientating.

Can't be lazy and search within threads so:

US version, second gen PS3 if that helps. The 15th Anniversary HVC-010 seems to have an error with mapping the turbo parts; it only supports mid- and high-level, but they're mapped to low- and mid- in the Car Settings and this does some wacky things like possibly requiring you to buying all three parts (which requires going to Car Settings for low- and then Tuning Parts for high-) or at least some pair (I already bought them all so I'm not sure which). Not sure if the regular HVC does this, I don't have one yet.

Really wish there was an easy way to send stuff like this to PDI, or at least Sony.

I just raced and was coming across the finish line in first place and it made me do another lap and immediately put me in 10th place...
Were you doing one of the endurance races? 5/10/15 minute ones count for this question. I know that's not what they're supposed to do, but I'm always afraid something like this is going to happen in one of those.

This happened to me too. After running 2 extra laps I restarted the race and it didn't happen again.

For some reason I have a Daihatsu MIRA TR-XX Avanzato R '97 which pulls out incredible amounts of power with the Stage 3 engine tuning.
With all power upgrades and the High RPM Turbo it reaches 588 hp and 60.2 kgfm.
Apparently this is a v1.01 bug.
I love this car because of this. People online kept booting me out of rooms saying I already hacked the game.....

This happened to me by reducing power (power limiter) It is annoying
I also lost all my cars in the garage a little after that; not sure it is related but who knows... This "Garg" thing is strange
I'm getting this ("GARG" in set-ups) BEFORE the Anniversary glitch. I think they're related. I've tweeted Kaz (@Kaz_Yamauchi ) to fix the Anniversary glitch too, maybe more people should tweet him too?

I guess I have to wait for 1.02 and hope that update installs, because I took my PS3 to a friend's and updated via ethernet and sure thing after 46% it freezes.

Put my game into his PS3 and he gets 1.01 no problem.

Considering buying a small SSD and making a clean OS on there, but it's just too much hassle.

As a whole, very few cars have a full suite of working gauges so for sake of simplicity, I'll only list some mis-calibrated gauges and not the secondary ones which stay completely still (like clock, odo, oil pressure, outside temperature):

Shelby GT500 - Fuel gauge starts at E. Don't know if it even works or PD somehow mixed up F and E. Speedometer needle sweep is calibrated for kph instead of the main (larger) scale of mph. (Reads 200 mph at actual 200 kph)
Stupid part is that the Boss 302 works perfect.:boggled:

Ferrari 365 'Daytona' - Tach and speedo mixed up.:banghead:

Lancia Stratos - Oil pressure seems calibrated for wrong units so it sweeps but barely. Not sure about whether this is a bug but the trip meter appears to be measuring at a lesser power of 10 so it increases very rapidly.

Renault Megane R.S (the new-to-GT6 road car) - Speedometer is slightly mis-calibrated, gearing seems too short.

Back