The Cadillac CTS-VR Gentleman's Cup Presented by Derek Speare Designs

• Thread starter Jav
  • 809 comments

Wich should be the track for the last race?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got rid of the last dregs of family Jubilee celebrations (I don't even like the blo%dy Queen!!!!). Got on track a Lime Rock with a 50.9 quickest and around the 51.2 to 3 average.

Not gonna get any more practice time til Sunday morning. Am I horribly slow with that sort of time?

I think that's a pretty competitive time, don't remember exactly the times from week13 but they where on that neigborhood!

Eric posted a setup a couple months ago, that he did a 50.xx. I think the setup was from before the update, but it's still on racesetups.com (tradingpaints' sister website). So a 50.9 is definitely competitive, I'll be happy if I make it under a minute, I'm between 3-10 secs behind you guys depending on track

Hi men,

Just a fast check in to say hi and am pleased that the series going well. I have been taking time in the Cadillac and they have improved it much. I'm starting to like it :)

d

Hi men,

Just a fast check in to say hi and am pleased that the series going well. I have been taking time in the Cadillac and they have improved it much. I'm starting to like it :)

d

It's definitely improved a lot! It still needs some tweaking, but the more advanced setups out there definitely make it better!

Hi men,

d
Hi Mr Speare, feel i haven't earn't the right the call you Derek yet:) it would be great if you would do a race with us kind of like a guest of honor, Im sure the rest of the guys would feel the same, hope you could it will be good for the series im sure, thanks Mark.

Hi Mr Speare, feel i haven't earn't the right the call you Derek yet:) it would be great if you would do a race with us kind of like a guest of honor, Im sure the rest of the guys would feel the same, hope you could it will be good for the series im sure, thanks Mark.

Hi Mark,

Everyone calls me Derek :) :) This Sunday's race is at one of my favorite tracks, LRP. I will make every effort to be there, and I most likely will. I try to make it so my workload isn't on top of my racing time :)

@Jav - I am impressed with the rapid improvement they made to the car and how good it is in such a short time. I've been racing the ARX since day one, and it was a dog for the first several months. It's beautiful now, but the beginning was very :crazy::ouch::nervous::scared::drool:

Cheers,

Derek

Great news Derek:) I hope you will be able to make it but if not we'll defiantly understand with your current work load. Looking forward to seeing you on track if all goes well.👍

@Jav - I am impressed with the rapid improvement they made to the car and how good it is in such a short time. I've been racing the ARX since day one, and it was a dog for the first several months. It's beautiful now, but the beginning was very :crazy::ouch::nervous::scared::drool:

Cheers,

Derek

Definitely! It even took them 1 full season to get the NTM right on the Corvette, The Ford GT also took 2 seasons before it became driveable.

Edit: Standings updated on Post 2.

Last edited:
Wow! That 4th place last weekend was one point short of doubling my points of the previous 2 weekends :) but holy cow, Joshua, you're 1 point shy of having twice as many points a I do. Thanks for updating Jav 👍

Jav
Yes sir! Server going online in 2hrs!

8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

Eric posted a setup a couple months ago, that he did a 50.xx. I think the setup was from before the update, but it's still on racesetups.com (tradingpaints' sister website). So a 50.9 is definitely competitive, I'll be happy if I make it under a minute, I'm between 3-10 secs behind you guys depending on track

Really? I'm never that quick! I must have misremembered the time....:dopey:

Guys seems like the service is down... Don't know if the session went online. As soon as it's up for me I'll get it going if it didn't launch.
Passwor - racesafe

So... Yet another Fanatec Load Cell goes kaput here! Just in the middle of the season, just in time for the LeMans 3hr, just in time for the GTAcademy final round and just in time for the start of the season of my GT5 league.
Just placed an order for 2 damn cells, hope they get here in the 2-5 days they promise... Don't know if I want to keep giving this people my money when their products just keep failing, this will be the third loadcell for me this year.

Unfourtunately yes, I won't be able to race... Hopefully I'll be back up and running by Tuesday(knowing Fanatec that'd be Tuesday next year!).

Oh man, don't you have a G25 or old wheel laying around? Or even crazier, why not use the clutch as brake temporarily?

It's killing me! I actually like Limerock in this car! At least got an e-mail this morning saying the parts are shipping out today. No tracking number yet...

You might want to order a second loadcell next week just in case. Is it possible that you'll have it by sunday, is it overnight, 2-day, or later shipping?

Ordered 2 this time, only shipping method offered is groundwich at 15 bucks is pretty damn steep...

I feel your pain Jav :(
When mine went kaput, I also ordered a couple of spares... :)

Has it died completely or is it just 'binding'. If it's binding you may be able to dial it out in the Windows preferences screen. Maybe worth a shot?

Free 6hr Practice 2 server is scheduled to go online in aproximately 50 minutes at 20GMT/4:00PM US EST.
Password: racesafe

Back