THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Two brave souls ran the school so far and did a super great job. They are @Thematic and @RMan72 :cheers:. Both with super clean race and super win at the end, Bravo:gtpflag:

Don't write me off , i don't know how " brave " i am but definitely I'll do the school and this time .
:)

I'll scroll through the thread little bit and try to find that one with Volvo and maybe some others so after that maybe we can all together make like top 10 and create that Extreme thread to stay here as ongoing one :)

edit: I haven't tried invitational yet, but I guess it's all about lines and I don't think anyone is going to beat Hugh on this one if he tries for like.. Idk 20 mins:lol:

Was one with a Volvo and one with a Supra at La Sarthe that he put ..... a tombstone to everybody .
The guy wasn't a " human " anyway :lol:
I don't remember if where on this hub or the one we use to run before it close and Bryce start building his own " empire " .
Hope in a few months (6-7 or more ) that gt7 will hit the road and after a while to create a new hub .
Of course first Sony must have ps5 for sale cause till now what goes out its only pre-orders .

PS
I have " save " hidden from Mary 500 euros aiming to purchase a ps5 along with gt7 when they put them both on sale - perhaps 2021 Christmas holidays - but am not in a rush at all for it as am member of this beautiful gang we have there.

Don't write me off , i don't know how " brave " i am but definitely I'll do the school and this time .

Was one with a Volvo and one with a Supra at La Sarthe that he put ..... a tombstone to everybody .
I don't remember if where on this hub or the one we use to run before it close and Bryce start building his own " empire " .
Hope in a few months (6-7 or more ) that gt7 will hit the road and after a while to create a new hub .
Of course first Sony must have ps5 for sale cause till now what goes out its only pre-orders .

PS
I have " save " hidden from Mary 500 euros aiming to purchase a ps5 along with gt7 when they put them both on sale - perhaps 2021 Christmas holidays - but am not in a rush at all for it as am member of this beautiful gang we have there.

I hope getting it next Christmas too. Unfortunately I'll probably have to switch to pad so we will need to have div3 just for me if that happens.
But for now I'm happy with gt5 and 6 and little bit old school pc racing games on my unbreakable DFGT which is just ridiculous that dfgt, g25 and g27 weren't supported after ps3.

Damn internet ,sorry for double posts boss.
This Siera bmw just piss me of and i leave school for today to see what's goin on .
Well its all about braking at 3 downhill corners ( almost) without go out .
Following and passing my ghost show me there's more time but i must not skrew up the last after the bridge.
Don't know if ill touch 23s but definitely i can gain half a second that i loose in that run ( last downhill right i went out ).
IMG_20210206_200025.jpg

Dear All

It seems I owe everyone here an apology. I did not read the rules properly while setting up the invitational. Dallas was indeed using assists as below.

cheating.jpg

Please disregard his entry above.

This mess is entirely on me. Dallas had not even played a playstation, let alone GT until about 4 months ago, and so I am entirely responsible for setting up all the challenges on the rig. He honestly thought he was competing on level ground.

I am sure he will still post a fast time on this challenge

My bad

Sorry.

Dear All

It seems I owe everyone here an apology. I did not read the rules properly while setting up the invitational. Dallas was indeed using assists as below.

View attachment 989841

This mess is entirely on me. Dallas had not even played a playstation, let alone GT until about 4 months ago, and so I am entirely responsible for setting up all the challenges on the rig. He honestly thought he was competing on level ground.

My bad

Sorry.
Don't worry ,it happens to everybody
First time i play i realise that was with SRF on also and many times i skrew up with tyre choice and not use the right ones :banghead:
From what i run today i realize that is crucial to have good exit especially at 3 downhill ones .
The ghost chasing is very useful to see how things are changing drastically from a simple error .

PS
Also that challenge need to set weather changeability to zero from 1 it is.
Don't know how that affects overall but is one of the demands from the manufacturer :confused:

PS
What about the rest of you as it is the same 3 every time. So I say again are the SkeagRacingSchools way to hard for the rest of you?? Submit your vote as if they are too hard I can make the real easy for the rest of you if you "not":lol:. Just joking but it is usually the same 3 guy's!!

Not to worry for my 3 guy's it will always be very hard to win. I will excuse anybody that is 76 years old and up like me:cheers:.

Last edited:
What about the rest of you as it is the same 3 every time. So I say again are the SkeagRacingSchools way to hard for the rest of you?? Submit your vote as if they are too hard I can make the real easy for the rest of you if you "not":lol:. Just joking but it is usually the same 3 guy's!!

Not to worry for my 3 guy's it will always be very hard to win. I will excuse anybody that is 76 years old and up like me:cheers:.

I hope I'll be in shape you are when I'll be 56 let alone 76.
Regarding the school, I wanted to came back with capture card record but capture card I wanted didn't come because of corona delay. Idk. I've bought RX7 for this round but if I don't make it, I promise to run the Lotus or whatever next race will be. Unfortunately with a phone video again.

I hope I'll be in shape you are when I'll be 56 let alone 76.
Regarding the school, I wanted to came back with capture card record but capture card I wanted didn't come because of corona delay. Idk. I've bought RX7 for this round but if I don't make it, I promise to run the Lotus or whatever next race will be. Unfortunately with a phone video again.
I will take your phone race NOW for the race in play NOW. Super big hug and I will see you as I have to go to Corsica for a family meeting regrading our
Castle that is badly need of repair as it was built in the 16th century. The French government has offer to help with the cost but we have to sell the idea to the Government!

I will take your phone race NOW for the race in play NOW. Super big hug and I will see you as I have to go to Corsica for a family meeting regrading our
Castle that is badly need of repair as it was built in the 16th century. The French government has offer to help with the cost but we have to sell the idea to the Government!

That's great Noel, let me know when you are coming, we can meet somewhere in Europe. I don't mind going to France either but depends on Covid stupid stuff and my money situation at the moment.

btw I'm just toying around with some photos from GT.. Audi Quattro Pikes Peak '87 that gave me No Tune win :)
at Chamonix East melting snow at night.. This is just too much :lol:

2021-02-06-22-49-28~3.jpg

I'm happy with school as it is. Dallas and I just dont have the time to do all the events and the school every round. So we tend to pick what we like and do a subset. I know time seems like a lame excuse, but the rig is too big to have in the house (3mX3m), so we have to race in the cold garage, also of course there are 2 of us and 1 rig, so its working doubletime!

Anyway here my first crack at Sierra. Dallas is on the rig now chasing my ghost!
5072.JPG

Attachments

• 20210206_202112.jpg
    20210206_202112.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I'll scroll through the thread little bit and try to find that one with Volvo and maybe some others so after that maybe we can all together make like top 10 and create that Extreme thread to stay here as ongoing one
I had a look earlier today and the Volvo event I was thinking was in the AI HUB, for those that don't know, that's where most of us met. And it's the soul reason that the CHALLENGE HUB exists today.

I'll dig it up again and show you guys the results.

Dear All

View attachment 989841

My bad

Sorry.
No stress mate, we all make mistakes like that and thanks for your honesty.

Just to confirm, changing controller steering sensitivity does not count as an assist right?
Ive changed my control settings, so go ahead.

Not to hard mate, I have done the race got P1 to :dopey:, just need to upload the video to YouTube.

Last edited:
I find @ERAZER 's Volvo event time,
volvo.jpg

The objective was HIGHEST POSITION,
@RMan72 came 2nd in this event with a P3.

I just had a go at the NO-TUNE,
My time is rubbish (had a couple of spins) but I'm considering myself as a winner for the fact I tried the event when normally I would see the RING and walk the other way.
IMG_20210207_110853.jpg

@smoothbore12 a challenge to you (since we both hate the ring) my time was from my 1st attempt, can you beat me on your 1st attempt?
NO RESTARTS.

Done @bjl23 .
One run only will be then , on the other hand is way too long race for restarts so we will fight for the last two positions :lol:
The one with less spins - exits will win i guess .
I'll leave it for the end to do the school first and chase something better at Sierra with bmw which is brand new car ,just to avoid surprises from the settings since i had it long time ago.

My understanding of the assists is limited. At least (tyres,) traction control and abs are per car, and skid recovery force is per user, what about the others?

edit: force feedback options are per user, sure.
All driving assists just make the car under or over steer, except for the driving line and ABS of course.
But each aid is car/player utilized

Last edited:
I never really liked aids, I've always used just ABS on 1, sometimes 0 but since I'm useless at tuning, mostly at 1 because I just got used to running cars in 5/5 BB. Also just out of habit I got used to running on stock FF 5/8 on GT6 and 5bond GT5. I think bigger FF would just give you some fake effects which could potentially misguide your driving decisions. Controller sensitivity is better on -1 with twitchy cars for me, but I mostly have it on 0 also except for some unrealistic challenges like Red Bull for example (specially in GT5) where I used it on +4. Or some No Tune challenges when you have sharp turns and SRF on sometimes +1 or +2 is faster. SRF is different story, if you ask me I wouldn't have that in GT series since it's only non realistic aid and everyone here knows how much I moaned about using it when I joined the hub. Because before joining the hub, last time I used it is in my first few online GT5 races on the ring and even back than I hated it so much, some guy was hosting 2 lap races on the beginning and grid was always almost full which I liked but I remember winning those races against racing/rally cars with over a minute advantage in M3 CSL. TC is good thing but in 99% will give you slower times, I'd maybe use it on 1 or 2 with Le Mans type races/cars and only time I used it on 1 here is my No Tune win on Chamonix with Audi because I couldn't get rid of too much wheel spin on 1 of the corners when TC was at 0. Stability thing is useless, for beginners, idk. And Active steering I've never used until I had a talk with Paddy and we had some faster times on mission/licence test races when used on mild, even tho I don't really feel it does anything while driving so that one is little enigma for me only. I know on GW 5-1 or 5-2 against Hugh I was using it on mild and than turned it off and did faster time immediately. I actually think it was 5-1 doing 42.9 time. So am not really sure about that one, never tried it on strong tho but it doesn't seem like something I'd like anyways.

About driving assist ,first we have to clear that's quite different playing on pad or a wheel .
Am talking about regular humans and not aliens that can play both even if they are blindfolded :lol:
My oem pad had one use for brake or throttle ,ON @ OF mod without middle situation and that's noticeable at all my vids .
Steering sensitive is not an assist ,is an adjustment to how quickly the wheel can turn and many times i had to fix it depends on the car i use .
SRF ,Active steering , Stability and TC are what we call driving aids.
For me the most valuable asset is TC - especially on high power car- due to the ON- OF situation .

Back to ours now i spent some time today at Sierra .
Here is my progress and am very proud that i " touch " the SRF runs that i had from the beginning since it was on and didn't notice :banghead:
IMG_20210207_135702.jpg

IMG_20210207_135633.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure what you are saying here, because AFAIK (resisting my tendency to go check) if you choose to put SRF on it stays on regardless of which car you choose from the garage.

I think you're right about SRF ,if you choose ON once it stays there and you have to take it out manually .
The others remaining as you use them last time in each car except if its new one that you have TC on 5 and ABS at 1 .

PS
As about Sierra bmw i expect the " big boys" ( the remaining ) to put laps at 21s .

Last edited:
I think you're right about SRF ,if you choose ON once it stays there and you have to take it out manually .
The others remaining as you use them last time in each car except if its new one that you have TC on 5 and ABS at 1 .

PS
As about Sierra bmw i expect the " big boys" ( the remaining ) to put laps at 21s .

I dk what am I considered but I did 29 at Sierra :lol: only 1 run tho and crashed but still :crazy: so I decided to run @skeagracing school this time.. wanted to do 1 attempt only but ZR1 driver killed me so looks like it wasn't a great driving day for me.. But still homework done after quite a while.. As far as BMW goes, I don't think its the best fit for me even tho it would give me my 10th invitational win :crazy:

Back