The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
hehe snow and no Japanese cars made the top 10 how come they cant force the country or car make like they do in a few races?
Weird, it was an all Japanese grid when I ran them.

It's also cool that they're adding more races that are outside of the cities. Most of them are held in New York, LA and Vegas. They're starting to make use of the open space :)

The field of cars was Japanese but the Humans can run anything is what I was trying to say they should do more like the 300sl touring race or the camaro street race the snow was cool :)

The field of cars was Japanese but the Humans can run anything is what I was trying to say they should do more like the 300sl touring race or the camaro street race the snow was cool :)
I see. Well, to keep with the theme, I stuck with my GT-R "Paul Walker" Edition ;)
Pic_20190131_080850_3840x2160.jpeg

I still can't get over how bad the AA is in this game. It's distracting to me.

I still can't get over how sometimes TC2 can look quite nice, and other times it reminds me of a PS3 game where the dev team was still doing a cross-generation PS2 version at the same time. Sometimes I get both within the same screenshot.

In that screen above, the light reflects off the road like it's got a thin coat of wax on top, for example.

Yeah, there are significant consistency issues in how visually appealing the game is. Vehicle models are generally good and you can get some very good photos in mid-brightness lighting conditions in rural areas with a lot of environmental assets, or larger cities. In smaller towns, you find a lot of recycled assets and clear skies at noon can make everything appear cartoony (and the jaggies are far more noticeable).

Brings me back to the days of Gran Turismo 5; visually impressive in some areas, quite disappointing in others.

I still can't get over how sometimes TC2 can look quite nice, and other times it reminds me of a PS3 game where the dev team was still doing a cross-generation PS2 version at the same time. Sometimes I get both within the same screenshot.

In that screen above, the light reflects off the road like it's got a thin coat of wax on top, for example.
Well, I don't use the max graphics when I play. I doubt it'll make a difference if I do.

Well, I don't use the max graphics when I play. I doubt it'll make a difference if I do.

It won't, haha. Even The Crew 1 looks better than The Crew 2.

They had to reduce environmental detail overall, and ruin the game's LODs, to allow for the planes (because you can be pulled out so far from the world), leaving you with an extremely uneven visual presentation. Some car models can look pretty good, for example, but cities themselves will look flat and sparse.

Consider it my personal Exhibit A, for why I think adding the planes (and boats) was a mistake.

It won't, haha. Even The Crew 1 looks better than The Crew 2.

They had to reduce environmental detail overall, and ruin the game's LODs, to allow for the planes (because you can be pulled out so far from the world), leaving you with an extremely uneven visual presentation. Some car models can look pretty good, for example, but cities themselves will look flat and sparse.

Consider it my personal Exhibit A, for why I think adding the planes (and boats) was a mistake.
It might look better standing still taking pics but when your moving crew 2 runs a lot smoother @ 60fps on my pro and when I try ye olde crew 1 it makes me ill running @ 30fps

I could not care less how the game looks compared to how much I enjoy the addition of planes (and boats). The game isn't competent enough to be as compelling if it was only about cars.

Which is essentially a summary of why I haven't been playing PVP like I thought I would, instead investing my PS+ purchase on PCARS2. :indiff:

I could not care less how the game looks compared to how much I enjoy the addition of planes (and boats). The game isn't competent enough to be as compelling if it was only about cars.

Which is essentially a summary of why I haven't been playing PVP like I thought I would, instead investing my PS+ purchase on PCARS2. :indiff:

But that also kinda feeds into the idea that they would have been better off focusing on making the driving experience more competent, instead of just layering in two new vehicle types on top, and going for the "jack of all trades, but master of none" approach.

But that also kinda feeds into the idea that they would have been better off focusing on making the driving experience more competent, instead of just layering in two new vehicle types on top, and going for the "jack of all trades, but master of none" approach.

Ivory Tower got themselves into a hole from the moment they decided The Crew 2 was still going to be set in the US. While they can tweak the physics engine, the outcome is going to be largely the same high-speed arcade experience and assuming they persisted with the removal of law enforcement, would feel stripped of a major feature from the first game without adding much on.

Due to being set in what is essentially the same map as the first game, I think expanding vehicle types was the best move for TC2. Even it doesn't execute anything in a class leading manner, TC2 still has enough variety to give it a unique selling point in the racing market.

Now if The Crew 2 was set in Europe/Asia on a similar scale, that would be a different story.

Ivory Tower got themselves into a hole from the moment they decided The Crew 2 was still going to be set in the US. While they can tweak the physics engine, the outcome is going to be largely the same high-speed arcade experience and assuming they persisted with the removal of law enforcement, would feel stripped of a major feature from the first game without adding much on.

Due to being set in what is essentially the same map as the first game, I think expanding vehicle types was the best move for TC2. Even it doesn't execute anything in a class leading manner, TC2 still has enough variety to give it a unique selling point in the racing market.

Now if The Crew 2 was set in Europe/Asia on a similar scale, that would be a different story.

I'd have sooner had them spend the time adding more actual stuff to the US map, because while the current map is big, it's also still incredibly sparse.

I'd have sooner had them spend the time adding more actual stuff to the US map, because while the current map is big, it's also still incredibly sparse.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ivory Tower say they are pushing the limits of current-gen performance capabilities which prevents them from adding new locations to the map.

I probably wouldn't either if the game was actually good. Right now, to me, the game is really lackluster. It's an odd thing for me to say that I think NFS is a better game, and I have plenty of things to say about that game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ivory Tower say they are pushing the limits of current-gen performance capabilities which prevents them from adding new locations to the map.

They removed locations.
Not added.

I believe TC2 was supposed to be TC1, and TC1 should be TC2.
Yes customizable has improved a bit but still lacks on license plates.

In game awards are gone, that was something at lease people kept playing.
Lack of PVP at the start.
Factions.

Didn't the first game have like multiple houses in each of the 5 regions? (If so there is now only 1)

Again.
I think TC2 flopped big time, and I got the gold edition and I haven't played much at all.

Except the planes and helicopter are the best of the lot -- done better than in Grand Theft Auto, on a larger and much more interesting map with things everywhere to weave around, under, and over, making for a unique experience that also benefits from the fun stunts you can pull with the fast-fav function.

There's no convincing me the planes were a bad idea. :P

I still think it's bananas that a racing game launched in 2018 - and an always-online one at that - that didn't include MULTIPLAYER at launch.
I still stand by the idea that TC1 and TC2 are not "always-online" singleplayer games, which deserve derision, but legit MMO racing games in form and structure.

Which still begs the question of why PVP wasn't available at launch and why it's as crummy as it is. Was multiplayer racing in TC1 like this? I never tried PS+ with that game.

I still stand by the idea that TC1 and TC2 are not "always-online" singleplayer games, which deserve derision, but legit MMO racing games in form and structure.

Which still begs the question of why PVP wasn't available at launch and why it's as crummy as it is. Was multiplayer racing in TC1 like this? I never tried PS+ with that game.

I didn't mean it derisively, so much as a baffled statement of fact that a game that LITERALLY required an online connection at all times, also didn't include the most basic online functionality you'd expect from a racing game.

It'd be like launching a Zelda game with no dungeons, but promising them in an update six months from now.

..ok, the return of the Spyker is *a lot* of hype.

Also they've made the Pikes Peak hillclimb a SR event. I will definitely take that!

pike peak is fun they need to make it rally in the snow 2 versions up & down :) try the x bow and lower the gears for acceleration I made 35th everyone else is using bikes I think boooo

This game needs cops driving in the open world sure does feel boring and lifeless.

Perhaps I should have gotten The Crew 1.

Anyone else feels like the content of TC2 has not been like TC1 was?
Like the in game achievements for license plates.
Factions.
More of oh this is unlocked I can fast travel there instead of actually unlocking the map by driving or taking the train or actual plane.

Since I platinum it I think I haven't really touched it since.
There is no real incentive to play after that.

Wanted to upgrade my AB but was to lazy to grind events the loot wasn't very good so I used this map and a rally raid with all the gold extra live rewards perk and I then hunted down a create or two set a waypoint backed off a few hundred yards switched to the AB and crash landed as close as possible to the create and got some much better loot that way :)

YAY! Spyker! WOO! It's been so long since they've been in a game...I think the first Crew was the last one, actually. So nice to have them back! Let's hope this is just the start of the return of Spyker to video games.

Some advice plz guys for the power boat race with the huge jump over the dam (erm uber dam?) whats best to do with the stick? keep pulling back ? level out or push forward?

Back