The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
Unless they'll be awarded at Bronze level, I'm still going to call BS.

In fact, I'm going to call BS either way, as even if they only require Bronze, it's still a timed exclusive.

I just.. I don't get it. Why wouldn't they make each and every one of the Summit-exclusives purchasable after the usual month - you know, exactly like it was in TC1? Or exactly like how the monthly vehicle drops used to work? Surely that'd be infinitely more likely to sell Shark Cards Crew Credits and we all know how important that "recurrent user spending" is, especially for these guys.

Jesus F. Christ Ubisoft/Ivory Tower you just cannot help yourself but screw up in the most fundamental of ways. No wonder I've genuinely forgotten the last time I actually sat down to play this.

What's the point of a game-as-a-service if it languishes in content while hyping up a lame revolving door of hoops to jump through, to earn a chance to receive cosmetics or soulless modern exotic cars?

Gator Rush really misled me on what to expect from live updates. Incredible to think of what Ivory Tower could be doing with what they've built. :indiff:

Here's what they should do:

Put the previous exclusives in the Timeline. The last car is at 1000, so there's still plenty of room to add more cars between that and 9999.

I may not have won the Divo Magma, but I got something better :)
Pic_20190904_073410_3840x2160.jpeg

Here's an interesting video from one of the best players in the game.

I especially agree with turning traffic of in all ranked events and challenges. Making the game fair for everyone would give a lot more incentive to get better overall.

Here's an interesting video from one of the best players in the game.

I especially agree with turning traffic of in all ranked events and challenges. Making the game fair for everyone would give a lot more incentive to get better overall.

There are so many problems with the game that were addressed by players(including me, Akkor and few other testers) six months before release. Two years and most of them wasnt solved at all.

Last edited:
Basically TC2 tried to copy FH4.
That's all I can say.

TC1 in my option was better.
Where you actually had to drive around to then fast travel.
Not like oh I am in NY I can go to LA with a click at Rookie.

I agree with much of that video, especially the UI/HUD stuff. One in particular being the rallycross physics -- it really is a shame that my favorite-handling discipline got screwed over in the effort to make street cars handle better. I bought several RX cars just to take advantage of how they handled twisties and gravel roads compared to street cars. Now they're not so fun, and not so useful.

I totally disagree on weather/traffic. Random weather via Freeride for some events is great, and a street racing game is supposed to have traffic ("lore" be damned). It's lame how there isn't any traffic in street races or even some of the hypercar races. Going up against this game's AI by itself with no traffic to dodge is rather dull racing. That's part of the reason why aimlessly wandering in Freeride and making up your own things to do is the highlight of the game -- along with flying planes.

What will eventually happen to this game once Ubisoft's servers stop supporting it? Just wink out of existence?? It's not like you can choose to play offline.

so... no more updates ? this is already the end of the game ? It still seems so unfinished to me...
What's the point of making beta handling cars ? having multiple places everywhere on the map that seems to be garages, I have so hight hopes after this Easter update, now I'm a bit pissed off

so... no more updates ? this is already the end of the game ? It still seems so unfinished to me...
What's the point of making beta handling cars ? having multiple places everywhere on the map that seems to be garages, I have so hight hopes after this Easter update, now I'm a bit pissed off
There will still be minor updates for bug fixes and stuff like that, but no major updates for now.

This game still has potential, I believe it can improve no matter how long it takes.

I think maybe they have been working on some kind of paid for dlc if they can justify to the MAN the games worth the investment and time they can keep working on it for awhile yet and make it great although it maybe to late :(

Maybe they've assigned some of the team to begin work on The Crew 3 or whatever's next, particularly if it would involve developing a new map/country. I wouldn't be surprised if they feel they're not going to wring a ton more out of this game. They could invest in its potential, but would it pay off?

Had a good grinding day. Almost close to the Devil's Icon level and am starting to grind up parts on vehicles that I don't use a lot of (Rallycross, Motocross, Hovercraft, etc). I'm almost at a point where money isn't going to be much of an issue. I get around 20k on Hard races, and most of them take 2 minutes to complete anyway.

I'm not touching Ace races until I get the right Legendary parts first. Although, I do have Nitro Chemist on my Street Race, Aerobatics, and Powerboat. Those I can get Ace with little issues.

As for the Summit this week, I'm at a commanding 1500 right now. Not too worried about not getting the Vanity wheels, I'm more interested in the Hummer Monster Truck and Rally Raid parts

The game is on sale right now for 15 euro, should i grab it? I didn't like the first game, the phyisics where bad and not enjoyable for me. I play games like FM7, FH4, GTS, PC2 and Assetto corsa so i expect some sort of semi realistic physics. Also i take alot of photo's in my racing games and i heard some good thing about Crew 2 photomode, is it worth it just for that mode? Also how is the economy in this game, do i have to grind for days to get cars like LaFerrari or is it reasonable.

Back