The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
The game is on sale right now for 15 euro, should i grab it? I didn't like the first game, the phyisics where bad and not enjoyable for me. I play games like FM7, FH4, GTS, PC2 and Assetto corsa so i expect some sort of semi realistic physics. Also i take alot of photo's in my racing games and i heard some good thing about Crew 2 photomode, is it worth it just for that mode? Also how is the economy in this game, do i have to grind for days to get cars like LaFerrari or is it reasonable.

The Crew 2 is best enjoyed as a Sandbox game, so if you are looking for an arcade racing where you can easily entertain yourself with its huge map, look no further.

In other instances, it is a tougher sell, but can very much be justified for 15 euros. I think the physics are much improved over the first game, plus the beta handling cars improve things further still. However, no-one knows if the adjustments made to those cars are going to carry over to the rest of the road vehicles - If it does, it probably won't be any time soon as Ivory Tower has stated there are no major updates for the next month or two.

Photomode is fantastic and probably the best on the market in terms of options. If I am being super critical, the depth of field and blurring effects isn't the greatest, but better than adequate and you are bound to have a lot of fun here if you like taking photos.

Progression after finishing the main "story" for each discipline used to be tedious, but The Summit came along earlier this year and improved things significantly, so you are never short of things to do... If you plan to re-visit the game on a weekly basis. Just completing any event rewards you with a large number of followers, making the grind to obtain the LaFerrari more bearable, but it will still take months for the average player.

Last edited:
The Crew 2 is best enjoyed as a Sandbox game, so if you are looking for an arcade racing where you can easily entertain yourself with its huge map, look for no further.

In other instances, it is a tougher sell, but can very much be justified for 15 euros. I think the physics are much improved over the first game, plus the beta handling cars improve things further still. However, no-one knows if the adjustments made to those cars are going to carry over to the rest of the road vehicles - If it does, it probably won't be any time soon as Ivory Tower has stated there are no major updates for the next month or two.

Photomode is fantastic and probably the best on the market in terms of options. If I am being super critical, the depth of field and blurring effects isn't the greatest, but better than adequate and you are bound to have a lot of fun here if you like taking photos.

Progression after finishing the main "story" for each discipline used to be tedious, but The Summit came along earlier this year and improved things significantly, so you are never short of things to do... If you plan to re-visit the game on a weekly basis. Just completing any event rewards you with a large number of followers, making the grind to obtain the LaFerrari more bearable, but it will still take months for the average player.
Thank you, i bought it after your comment. Im just looking for something else other than GT and Forza where i can relax and this sounds like the perfect game for it. Im on pc so the graphics should look good with addition of 60fps for beter handling. Downloading right now 👍

Thank you, i bought it after your comment. Im just looking for something else other than GT and Forza where i can relax and this sounds like the perfect game for it. Im on pc so the graphics should look good with addition of 60fps for beter handling. Downloading right now 👍
My main racing games are GTS, FM7, FH4, Payback (until Heat arrives ;)) and this. I'm actually close to matching my total play time from the first Crew (271 hours).

My main racing games are GTS, FM7, FH4, Payback (until Heat arrives ;)) and this. I'm actually close to matching my total play time from the first Crew (271 hours).
Bruh, i can't buy no games at Uplay because it doesn't recongnize my credit card :confused:. I put The Crew 2 with Far cry 5 in the basket but when i check out, i put my credit nr in there but it says does not exist. I don't have paypall so thats out of option, maybe i should look at one of these safepay cards :rolleyes:

Looks like the next few Summits are cooling down. The Platinum and even Gold rewards are kinda stale for me.

Finally got there:
full

I've kinda gave up on the game now since Borderlands 3 is out.
Plus the summit rewards were like either get platinum or do just one and get the followers.

The Crew® 2_20190918210454.jpg

I'm guessing this is the bit where I'm supposed to feel like I've beaten the game or accomplished something worthy being proud of and shout at other people how it's their fault they have a job, but.. y'know, I had a whole, epic rant written up, and
  1. I've decided it's not worth it in general,
  2. All I've done in the game for the past few months is life-support Summiting, and
  3. I can predict exactly what sort of response it was going to get,
so instead, I'll just uninstall the game now, hope what I've done is good enough for the white line tyre and check back in either around a week before they shut the servers or when IT realises that this whole "muh exclusive" thing is doing the games enjoyment factor No Good.

..you get it? The "No Good"? It's the.. it's the song.. from the reveal trailer.. and the intro..

Forget it.

I say I've beaten the game when I reach 9999 :D

Anyway, after more grinding, I managed to get enough Bucks to buy the Summit bundle. Also a few levels away from the Drift NSX.

I'm not sure I'll keep playing much longer with the game in its current state. I'll put some effort into the Summit with the F12 TDF as a prize but after that, I think I'll focus my attention elsewhere. Upcoming releases such as GRID and NFS Heat will help with that.

When there is a major update, I'll be happy to jump back on board.

I'm not sure I'll keep playing much longer with the game in its current state. I'll put some effort into the Summit with the F12 TDF as a prize but after that, I think I'll focus my attention elsewhere. Upcoming releases such as GRID and NFS Heat will help with that.

When there is a major update, I'll be happy to jump back on board.
I'll try for the F12 as well, and the Performante when it comes around again. The Evos... meh...

I am thinking about getting Grid when it comes myself the vids look nice and they say its using the dirt2 FFB/wheel physics but I only did dirt1 so cant say if its improved or not and my faith in codies isn't that high ;)

I can't really tell which Hypercar is better: Divo or Egoista.

They have almost the same acceleration and top speed, but I think the Egoista is lighter. I ran a fairly... lengthy test on the NY race and just focused on the distance ahead of the AI on Ace. The Egoista is better at handling, but the Divo feels faster.

I can't really tell which Hypercar is better: Divo or Egoista.

They have almost the same acceleration and top speed, but I think the Egoista is lighter. I ran a fairly... lengthy test on the NY race and just focused on the distance ahead of the AI on Ace. The Egoista is better at handling, but the Divo feels faster.

The egoista is way faster; it’s way lighter and has a naturally overpowered nitrous effect.

Man, you have to be super laser focused on the Drift event if you want to hit at least 100k in the Summit. I keep saying to myself to pretend that it's an Ace difficulty event. It kinda works, got 520k points which got me at 150k Summit. I'm currently sitting at 650th in ranking, hopefully that'll hold.

I'm still safe with 1600. I think some people didn't know there is a new car instead of the rehashed versions of cars we already have.

And my thoughts on the Drift NSX: It's okay, a bit heavy though. I'll stick with my RUF.

I was yesterday at 2569... I wonder if it holds up because I have run out of possibilities to increase my rankings and it would be sad if I won't win my Avatar car.

This is why i hate this 3000 player limitation for special cars. You won't get them in honest way if everybody is cheating. :/

This is why i hate this 3000 player limitation for special cars. You won't get them in honest way if everybody is cheating. :/

They changed it.
You can get the cars with bucks/credits after said thing is done.
If it was like how it was before then yes this would be so much more furious especially if exploits take point.
Like how they changed how you get followers because of exploits.

One person finds said exploit then posts it, then a few people do it then a few hundred next thing you know there are thousands of doing it and then ends up hurting the real players who play normally because of an exploit someone found.

They changed it.
You can get the cars with bucks/credits after said thing is done.
If it was like how it was before then yes this would be so much more furious especially if exploits take point.
Like how they changed how you get followers because of exploits.

One person finds said exploit then posts it, then a few people do it then a few hundred next thing you know there are thousands of doing it and then ends up hurting the real players who play normally because of an exploit someone found.

That is great. I didn't noticed it. So you say i can finally buy Huracan Performante?

That is great. I didn't noticed it. So you say i can finally buy Huracan Performante?

No.
That one still remains on the "old" summit where you had to win.
Unless it returns again.

So those 3000 people have an advantage over the rest possibly forever.

No.
That one still remains on the "old" summit where you had to win.
Unless it returns again.

So those 3000 people have an advantage over the rest possibly forever.

It will return with Lancer Red Fury. It was listed some time ago that this Summits will come back.

Back