The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 1,649 comments
Thank goodness my efforts in the previous Summit weren't a total waste of time. I got 150,000 bucks straight up when I logged in, which was nice. It helped me get out of my financial hole, but I didn't want to do any playlists so entered a few Grand races. Lots of chaos and flying cars but I couldn't crack the top 10 in any of them - such is my incompetence with this game. Anyway I earned a bit of money from that, after which I proceeded to try and find the collectables and artworks across the map. I couldn't find them all, but I managed to complete a few collections, helping me to earn more money. I also completed a few challenges unintentionally, so by the time I stopped playing, I had 920,000 bucks - up dramatically from 243,000. Tonight I'll seek out the remaining collectables, which should give me a healthy paycheck.

Last edited:
Leaks Saison 10 The Crew 2
20231005_071555~2.jpg
20231005_071602.jpg
20231005_071607.jpg

With all these new Audis (and other impressive new cars) coming soon, TCM might become my go-to open world racing game soon, looking forward to it! :D

Why are they still updating this game? Won't Motorfest get these cars too?
Probably, TC2 is now testing ground for future Motorfest updates. Initially, Motorfest was planned as DLC to Crew 2 and they releasing leftovers from these times.

If I understand it correctly, vehicle content from both games will be synchronised in December and all new new vehicles for tC2 will be released in tCM simultaneously.

Kinda weird how Motorfest levels only get given after the month ends. I don't mind about waiting for the Legend points though but I love to see my overall level go up when I technically gain one.

Last edited:
Would anybody be up for a thread where we post suggestions/ideas for new future playlists? Maybe if we get some decent ideas in we could flick a link to Ubisoft :D

Also, other than the Iron Grip perk, is there any other way to increase grip? I've played around with the downforce and wheel camber pro settings but couldn't see much difference on the road.

Yay I'm up to 2.3 million bucks now after finding more collectables, along with a few other things. The problem is that once you start, you can't stop so I've probably spent a total of 7 hours in the game over the last 2 nights. That's a lot for this kitty.

Last edited:
View attachment 1292405View attachment 1292406

Big disappointment.
Same goes for the A90 Supra, but it doesn't seem like licensing issue is the reason we can only choose OEM rims on these new models.
It goes without saying that no matter what kind of body kit installed, if the rims are OEM, they will be unbalanced and won't look cool.
Why does Ivory Tower make many body kits for these cars but not rims for these cars?
It is currently licensing issues by model not brand, the GT-R does not allow you to change the rims either, and the Nismo version does not even allow you to put Livery or custom part and the Infiniti car does not even allow you to change the car color...

Last edited:
It is currently licensing issues by model not brand, the GT-R does not allow you to change the rims either, and the Nismo version does not even allow you to put Livery or custom part and the Infiniti car does not even allow you to change the car color...
However, the A90 Supra's Drift Edition and Liberty Walk Edition are fitted with non-OEM rims, and the GT-R's Haru Edition is also fitted with non-OEM rims.
Best of all, the A90 Supra, R35, and RZ34 can all be fitted with non-OEM body kits in TC2/Motorfest, and are fully customizable in other games such as Forza, NFS, and GT.

As you say, there may indeed be a license issue with the R35 Nismo, but with other cars it seems like the problem is more with the fitting of the rims, brakes, and suspension than with the license.

I've seen many cars in other video games with limited visual customization.
But in almost all of them, the scope of those limits is
  • All visual customization prohibited
  • Only the rim can be changed
  • Only livery and body color changes
  • Only body color can be changed
It's mainly one of these four, and I've never seen this strange restriction of allowing body kits but not rims outside of the Crew series.

Last edited:
However, the A90 Supra's Drift Edition and Liberty Walk Edition are fitted with non-OEM rims, and the GT-R's Haru Edition is also fitted with non-OEM rims.
Best of all, the A90 Supra, R35, and RZ34 can all be fitted with non-OEM body kits in TC2/Motorfest, and are fully customizable in other games such as Forza, NFS, and GT.

As you say, there may indeed be a license issue with the R35 Nismo, but with other cars it seems like the problem is more with the fitting of the rims, brakes, and suspension than with the license.

I've seen many cars in other video games with limited visual customization.
But in almost all of them, the scope of those limits is
  • All visual customization prohibited
  • Only the rim can be changed
  • Only livery and body color changes
  • Only body color can be changed
It's mainly one of these four, and I've never seen this strange restriction of allowing body kits but not rims outside of the Crew series.
Because the special editions of both Supras cannot be changed in either the livery or the visual parts.

In TC2 the exact same thing happens with the GT-R, you have a special edition with a body kit and exclusive wheels but they cannot be changed.

Each brand licenses its cars with each franchise in one way or another and it is done car by car with the restrictions that the brand wants to impose on each one.

I know this because I know people in the game industry who, precisely with Nissan and Toyota, had restrictions with certain models in their games while other game franchises did not have those restrictions.

Yay I'm up to 2.3 million bucks now after finding more collectables, along with a few other things. The problem is that once you start, you can't stop so I've probably spent a total of 7 hours in the game over the last 2 nights. That's a lot for this kitty.
2.3 mil just by finding collectibles ? Definitely gonna get this when it's on sale just to play around.

2.3 mil just by finding collectibles ? Definitely gonna get this when it's on sale just to play around.
No you can't earn that much just from finding collectables. You have to complete other challenges and a couple of grand races if you want to get 2.3 million bucks into your account. However, if you find all the artworks by Jasper Wong, you get 200,000 bucks. There's 53 of them and they're all over the island; some in places you wouldn't expect.

No you can't earn that much just from finding collectables. You have to complete other challenges and a couple of grand races if you want to get 2.3 million bucks into your account. However, if you find all the artworks by Jasper Wong, you get 200,000 bucks. There's 53 of them and they're all over the island; some in places you wouldn't expect.
Ah cool, still sounds relaxing IMO. I might play TC2 first, buying all the cars that I want then just import it.

Ah cool, still sounds relaxing IMO. I might play TC2 first, buying all the cars that I want then just import it.
You can play both crew games in parallel (I only picked TC2 up in a sale in august), the cars earned in TC2 port over daily to motorfest albeit without the upgrade parts. Highly recommend them both very fun titles slightly grindy though.

You can play both crew games in parallel (I only picked TC2 up in a sale in august), the cars earned in TC2 port over daily to motorfest albeit without the upgrade parts. Highly recommend them both very fun titles slightly grindy though.
Makes sense to play both with the car import and TC2 still has a superior money grind. It still has a last motorpass and rerunning summit cars weekly. Lots of recent cars from TC2 won’t even get into Motorfest until like December or something too.

I just save my Motorfest money for the new cars in that game.

Last edited:
I noticed a few of the “exclusive to TC2” cars are now showing a date for when they will be available to purchase by anyone.

Plymouth Freedom in 35 days, what else? RX-8 Gold available for purchase since release and few SE for overpriced game editions will be available in 5 days.

Freedom is available as gift for Amazon Prime members, thats why it will be available in shop.

Im looking forward to this weeks summit as the modifier says "fair" with all stats even for all entrants, I hope this is a regular thing as it gives the summit genuine competition. Who has the best parts wins is cheap by comparison.

I agree! How about 2 sets of summits where one is parts enabled and one is not?! And you can do both!

Last edited:
I agree! How about 2 sets of summits where one is parts enabled and one is not?! And you can do both!
It would be good for newcomers and grinders alike if it were like this, and just separate leader boards. Prizes for reaching a threshold would be better than just limiting by player count too IMO. Been very much enjoying pottering about in photo mode anyone else got some captures to share?
THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20231007214956.jpg
THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20230925135329.jpg
THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20231010165040.jpg
THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20231010171347.jpg
THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20231010235139.jpg
THE CREW™ MOTORFEST_20231010233129.jpg

It was good while it lasted.
No, I'm kidding. The five hours of the game "The Crew" are over. Better be 4, an hour was to watch videos and intro's of the races. It's not my style of play.

Congratulations Ubisoft for the hard work on creating the open world. The surroundings are pleasant but the race tracks don't convince me. The safety of the car in curves I don't appreciate, and games with nitro are not my genre.
Thank you and see you any day, who knows!

Im looking forward to this weeks summit as the modifier says "fair" with all stats even for all entrants, I hope this is a regular thing as it gives the summit genuine competition. Who has the best parts wins is cheap by comparison.
You can still use pro settings but will be interesting if they actually do fair rules when a car is up for the reward.

Back