The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 1,456 comments
Signed up for the insider program (on PS5, if they do eventually broaden out from PC tests).
Enjoyed my time with FH4 and 5, so don't mind if it's a clone.

What makes you think this? Everything Ubisoft says indicates it's a new game, and the third in the series.

I mean, I have more, but it's clearly the third The Crew game - even if it's not called "The Crew 3".
Orlando (Motorfest codename) was an expansion for The Crew 2 in the first place, but they decided to make a full game out of it, same thing happened with AC Mirage, which was a DLC for Valhalla initially.

Ubisoft is currently in a difficult economic situation in which it has many games in development but not to be released in the short term (if not in 2024-2025 at least) except for the Avatar game and some F2P such as Xdefiant, due to this they decided to cancel the expansions that he had planned for The Crew 2 and AC Valhalla to later turn them into complete games even if they are on a smaller scale than the previous installments.

The problem with horizon's maps is that they're very small. Within a week of playing you've seen everything there is to see in the game.
Yeah but at least the Forza games have somewhat realistic vehicle mechanics. All other arcade racers handle like garbage so what's the point in playing them? Surely you can't go from Forza to The Crew or Need for Speed and be thinking "wow this driving feels great"

Can we stop making Forza Horizon clones? It seems like no one wants to make a game with personality
which are?

if this means that they'll give horizon competition then im all for it, but having ubisoft in charge doesnt give me any hopes, happy for the playstation players

hopefully 3 will be a USA based festival because that map has to be amazing

According to my sources map is 40*40km2. Handling is more drifty. Visuals are similar to current state of TC2. Vehicle list is straight from TC2, even editions from TC2 summits. Including boats and planes.

Last edited:
Yeah but at least the Forza games have somewhat realistic vehicle mechanics. All other arcade racers handle like garbage so what's the point in playing them? Surely you can't go from Forza to The Crew or Need for Speed and be thinking "wow this driving feels great"
NFS and The Crew don't advertise simulation mechanics. If you're going to make an open world playground game, why aim for "sim mechanics" when you have objectives that require you to go 300+ mph while jumping off of a cliff?

I want to understand what differentiates this game from FH because it looks quite similar.
I don't know about Motorfest, but the big difference between FH4 and TC2 for me is that TC2 is a more competitive focused game. In FH4 you basically unlock new cars each week by participating in activities that are so easy that they can only be seen as chores along the same lines as mowing lawns, washing up etc. They're just things you have to do that consume your time while providing no challenge and hence no satisfaction. In TC2 you have to earn the highest level rewards by being in the top x players for the weekly summit, where x varies by platform due to different player counts. For me it is much more satisfying to have these weekly competitive leaderboards to play for rather than racking up participation prizes. I don't know what Motorfest will be like in this respect, I have heard they want to make it more like FH, I don't know if that extends to the participation rather than competition philosophy.

Surely you can't go from Forza to The Crew or Need for Speed and be thinking "wow this driving feels great"
The driving in TC2 feels fine to me, and I'm able to tune cars using my experience from games such as FH4 and GT7, e.g. balancing aero and mechanical grip between front and rear to balance the car at different speeds. I feel like these games largely need the same driving skills as each other to do fast times.

Last edited:
Starting cars Z4 '19, Mustang GT '17, S2000. Supra(idk what model )is reward for something described as "Japan story".

I don't know about Motorfest, but the big difference between FH4 and TC2 for me is that TC2 is a more competitive focused game. In FH4 you basically unlock new cars each week by participating in activities that are so easy that they can only be seen as chores along the same lines as mowing lawns, washing up etc. They're just things you have to do that consume your time while providing no challenge and hence no satisfaction. In TC2 you have to earn the highest level rewards by being in the top x players for the weekly summit, where x varies by platform due to different player counts. For me it is much more satisfying to have these weekly competitive leaderboards to play for rather than racking up participation prizes. I don't know what Motorfest will be like in this respect, I have heard they want to make it more like FH, I don't know if that extends to the participation rather than competition philosophy.

The driving in TC2 feels fine to me, and I'm able to tune cars using my experience from games such as FH4 and GT7, e.g. balancing aero and mechanical grip between front and rear to balance the car at different speeds. I feel like these games largely need the same driving skills as each other to do fast times.
I really dislike rewards being given out to only a certain percentage of players (and no other way of getting them further down the line). In my opinion everybody should be able to get it, but still has to meet certain things. Maybe like 750k points to be able to unlock the car

Last edited:
Starting cars Z4 '19, Mustang GT '17, S2000. Supra(idk what model )is reward for something described as "Japan story".
MK IV (the 3d model used in the first Assetto Corsa) most likely.

Glad to hear they get the Toyota license.

Looks like both.

Its TC2 with new map and tweaked handling. All TC2 systems ported directly into TCM.

Car upgrade system, player leveling, money, summit are basically the same. PreSummit part of game was refined into vehicle themed playlists with vehicle as reward (Supra for Japan playlist). Rewind, in-depth difficulty tuning similar to Forza.

Last edited:
Tried out 'The Crew 2'. Even by arcade standards i just found the physics model pretty bad across the board. It really felt like 95% of the effort went on the world & 5% on the vehicles. Unless the handling models have been significantly reworked, i'll steer clear of this.

I am glad they're downsizing however. I'd rather see quality over quantity. O'Hau is still massive if done properly. TDU showed that & you'd think it'll be an improvement on that.

Looks like both.

Its TC2 with new map and tweaked handling. All TC2 systems ported directly into TCM.

Car upgrade system, player leveling, money, summit are basically the same. PreSummit part of game was refined into vehicle themed playlists with vehicle as reward (Supra for Japan playlist). Rewind, in-depth difficulty tuning similar to Forza.
Can you ask your source if the replay system from TC2 is still in? And what about the player house, is it comparable with TC2 with big showrooms etc.?

Can you ask your source if the replay system from TC2 is still in? And what about the player house, is it comparable with TC2 with big showrooms etc.?
Asked - housing is out, festival site instead; photo mode same as in TC2. Btw, if you interested in anything - I could ask.

516 vehicles. + Bugatti Bolide

Last edited:
Asked - housing is out, festival site instead; photo mode same as in TC2. Btw, if you interested in anything - I could ask.

516 vehicles. + Bugatti Bolide
I could figure this out myself, but loading up where your position was in a previous session like how it was in the first Crew?

So how big is the map? Is it much smaller than the crew 2 map? Bigger than fh5 I presume.
40km^2 would be significantly smaller than FH5, which is 107km^2. Both are tiny compared to real the real Oahu which is 1500km^2.

I don't know where @inCloud got 40km^2, but that's the only size I've seen been given.

So how big is the map? Is it much smaller than the crew 2 map? Bigger than fh5 I presume.

There's loads of leaks because they just invited 2000 players to sign an NDA and playtest the game. Obviously, there's no consequences for breaking that NDA since it's not like there's anything high stakes for them like a job

Having not playing The Crew 2, I think I'm going to enjoy this game and appreciate the cars more. Hopefully the physics is a lot better than 2 and customization is better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even think the driving is that great in Horizon either. It's not bad but the cars are prone to sliding and lack unique character.

40km^2 would be significantly smaller than FH5, which is 107km^2. Both are tiny compared to real the real Oahu which is 1500km^2.

I don't know where @inCloud got 40km^2, but that's the only size I've seen been given.
Wait, he said 40x40km, that's actually 1600km^2. The real Oahu is about 65x65km
TC2 is about 6000km^2

Last edited:
Wait, he said 40x40km, that's actually 1600km^2. The real Oahu is about 65x65km
TC2 is about 6000km^2

Yeah that would sound more correct. 40x40km^2 would be half the size of FH5 which wouldn't be very big at all.

Map is more like 40x30, but near Oahu there are two smaller islands. New vehicles:
Bugatti Bolide
GMC Hummer EV
KTM 525 XC (quad)
Lamborghini Sian Roadster
Lamborghini Urus
Lamborghini Essenz SCV12
Lotus Evija
Ferrari 365 GBT4 Completizione 71
Toyota Supra A80 00
Toyota Supra A90
Volkswagen ID.Buggy 19
Toyota Tacoma 21
Ford Bronco
Charger Hellcat Redeye
Two fantasy vehicles from IVT - ATV and F1/Indycar.

Map is more like 40x30, but near Oahu there are two smaller islands. New vehicles:
Bugatti Bolide
GMC Hummer EV
KTM 525 XC (quad)
Lamborghini Sian Roadster
Lamborghini Urus
Lamborghini Essenz SCV12
Lotus Evija
Ferrari 365 GBT4 Completizione 71
Toyota Supra A80 00
Toyota Supra A90
Volkswagen ID.Buggy 19
Toyota Tacoma 21
Ford Bronco
Charger Hellcat Redeye
Two fantasy vehicles from IVT - ATV and F1/Indycar.
The 365 is not new, it's been in TC2 since launch as a Touring Car.

Can we stop making Forza Horizon clones? It seems like no one wants to make a game with personality
Lol, right?

Now that Motorfest is confirmed to be a standalone title, I reckon it deserves its own thread:

This is absolutley disppointment..............they could of made a new driver game instead

Lol, right?

This is absolutley disppointment..............they could of made a new driver game instead
Reflections is working on an open world game apparently (hopefully it wasn't one of Ubi's recently canceled projects) and Watch Dogs is in a dead state commercially speaking as an IP.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ubi brings back Driver in the next few years if not as a racing game but as an open world third person shooter like Driv3r or Parallel Lines.

There's loads of leaks because they just invited 2000 players to sign an NDA and playtest the game. Obviously, there's no consequences for breaking that NDA since it's not like there's anything high stakes for them like a job

Wow the Eden island is come back and the other one behind Oahu is Kauai?

No street motorcycles this time?

Last edited:
Back