The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 1,447 comments
Yeap, seems legit. Season 7 and 8 content aren't here(yet?).
In fact, the same thing happened with TC2, I know in advance that several Alphas of the game were missing content that was also in TC1 but was not there until the release version of TC2.

You need to do racing in racing game. How dare they? 🤣
"Playlist consists of skill challenges, races with locked settings, photo challenges"

That's the problem I had with FH, you had to do non-racing things, or races against AI that are so easy they're just a chore. It's much better if they allow cars to be obtained using a currency such as bucks so that players can simply play the game how they want to rather than being forced to do boring stuff to unlock specific cars.

I don't mind cars being locked behind the summit because that's an actual competitive activity.

Last edited:
"Playlist consists of skill challenges, races with locked settings, photo challenges"

That's the problem I had with FH, you had to do non-racing things, or races against AI that are so easy they're just a chore. It's much better if they allow cars to be obtained using a currency such as bucks so that players can simply play the game how they want to rather than being forced to do boring stuff to unlock specific cars.

I don't mind cars being locked behind the summit because that's an actual competitive activity.
To be faiiiiir, to unlock just the cars, you needn't do any of the non racing events/skill challenges. It's there for those who do like those type of things.

Is there any comment on the handling compared with TC2? As that's one of the areas that needs most attention in my opinion.

It's alright having 500 cars, but if they all drive like boats, (not including the actual errm boats 😂) I'll not play it for long...

It's much better if they allow cars to be obtained using a currency such as bucks so that players can simply play the game how they want to rather than being forced to do boring stuff to unlock specific cars.

I don't care for the horizon playlist because its fabricated rarity never resonated with me. Particularly since, once you unlock one of these "exclusive" cars, you only get it ONCE, unless it reappears in another season. Typically half a year later. Autoshow cars can be rebought for as many builds as you desire.

I'm not saying these summit/playlist events shouldn't exist, as they're something to motivate players later in a game's lifecycle. I just think that they should follow Wreckfest's model. Every season unlocks new challenges and prizes, but old prizes never disappear. You could play the current Summit or Horizon Playlist for cars you didn't make the cut for before, outright missed, or just want a duplicate of.

This will hurt the rarity of the vehicles, particularly in Forza, as people will gift or sell them in bulk. But as divisive as it is, I don't see any downside to that, as I don't value the opinions of people who seek social status through their collection of "exclusive cars". I truly don't. All vehicles should be potentially accessible to everyone, at any point of a game's life. You should have to work for them, but there should be no locked doors between you and 100% of the game's content. One can go back to collecting skins on CS:GO if they're into that fake accomplishment nonsense. The only real flex is setting record times in races, or reaching "X global position" in an event like The Summit.

In any sense, the Wreckfest idea would make the Horizon Playlist less of a chore for you. You won't do it every week because you HAVE to, lest a car you want be gone for who knows how long. You could put it off, enjoying the parts of the game you'd rather be doing, and get back to it on your own terms when you WANT to do it.

There is certainly a place for games where all functional content is always available to all players. Any game that is a serious e-sport with lan events and big real money prize pools should definitely be like that. For games that aren't serious e-sports, I think some level of exclusivity of things that provide a competitive advantage can be tolerable as a way to motivate players to strive to have that advantage, but it should be limited in magnitude, and it shouldn't be impossible for new players to get started. For example, the boosted sets in TC2 provide a competitive advantage, but it's not such a huge advantage that new players can't get platinum and obtain future boosted sets.

I have played Wreckfest, I've got all the tournament cars except the Hotbomb, and have 430k of the 500k fame needed to get that final car. I will get it at some stage, but despite having owned Wreckfest for 10x as long as I've owned TC2, I've played TC2 for 3x as many hours. I played Wreckfest more when the tournaments needed you to finish fairly highly relative to other players, it's far too easy now. I generally comfortably get the gold tournament rewards first attempt, so it only needs me to run the game for a few minutes every few weeks to rack up the fame. There just isn't anything in the game to provide an incentive to do any more than that, and I'm not sure it's even worth getting the Hotbomb as what will I do with it when I have it?

Cosmetic content is a different matter, and I think it's fine to have extremely exclusive cosmetics. For example, the highest level of seasonal cosmetic rewards in Rocket League are only obtained by the top 0.01% of players:
This is probably a better way, overall, to motivate players to play, but not every game is able to make cosmetics so appealing. Even though people clearly want the higher level cosmetics in Rocket League, I'm not sure how much value they have in rational terms, as they are devalued by so many people buying them for real money, either buying a farmed account, paying someone to log into their account, or paying someone / getting a friend to carry them to a higher rank in a team mode to get higher season rewards for them.

I think all this is something the industry will continue to work on, but for now, TC2 has put itself firmly in the camp of "grind to win", where you invest time to have a competitive advantage over other players. The biggest part of that competitive advantage is always available to everyone (grinding parts sets, grinding bucks for cars). They've sensibly kept the exclusive elements of competitive advantage fairly small. I think it's valid to have some games out there that are like this, and players can choose between playing such games, or a game like Rocket League where there is zero exclusive competitive advantage available. There's also a place for games like FH, with exclusive competitive advantage available, but very easy to obtain, so basically anyone who logs in and plays during a specific period will get it. I think it would be a mistake for Ivory Tower to assume that FH4/5 have more players than TC2 because of this difference, though, I feel brand strength is the bigger factor.

Last edited:
I’m a big fan of The Crew 2, I think it’s underrated. I don’t really see how it’s that much of an inferior product to Forza Horizon, I mean the racing itself isn’t amazing but then it’s not in FH either. One of the games has all the bells and AAA whistles but absolutely zero soul as you drive aimlessly around a bland open world, the other lets you drive around a condensed USA visiting different regions, photographing Bigfoot and finding crashed UFOs - what’s not to like.

Sadly for me though, The Crew 2’s absolutely #1 selling point is that USA map, which means my excitement for the next one is non-existent.

The selling point of The Crew 1 was the map for me.

One of the problems I had with The Crew 2 from the start was the use of the same map. I spent 200+ hours exploring that map in the first game. I couldn't get motivated to do it all again a second time.

It would apply to any genre for me. For example if Fallout 5 used the same map as Fallout 4, or Elder Scrolls 6 used the Skyrim map.

But weirdly I have no difficulty getting motivated to repeat racing tracks in different games e.g. Spa or Silverstone or whatever. I've no idea why.

Although frankly, it was more the addition of boats, and especially planes, which I am rubbish at. So I was left feeling disinterested when I found them in almost every Summit.

And that damn massive grind to get any new car didn't help my motivation either.

Last edited:
Reading through the thread, if this really gives off TDU1 vibes as sort of a "spiritual successor" in a sense, I could see myself getting this. The car list in the TC2 looked pretty good, & the diversity in vehicles would allow more of Oahu to be explored than in TDU1 where a lot of the gigantic map had nothing going on.

Last edited:
Cut content:
Aeroboat, Vulcan from Summit, Audi S1 RX, EB100 Anod, Chiron Super Sport 300+,Tempesta, 1 or 2 Dodge's, Forsberg Racing, Wrangler Pioneer, P1 GL, 765LT, MV Augusta, Peugeot. Pontiac T/A 77 and Pontiac T/A 77 Gold, RUF, Saleen S1 Icebreaker, Spitfire, XtremeAir. Not sure about Porsche, Ford, Mercedes, Proto(looks like all jetsprint). All future content for TC2. Also, something could be not available in collection - like Supra A90.

Added
+NSX, Jeep Rubicon

Max lvl for drift 740
What do you mean by this ?

Seeing as they have obtained for now the license of Toyota I hope IVT puts the GT-86 in TCM as well, since we can't have the BRZ from TC1 (fun fact: said 3Dmodel of the BRZ had the GT-86 headlights instead of the ones from the real BRZ because it was a makeover based on the GT-86 3Dmodel of Assetto Corsa) at least we have the Toyota alternative.

Oh man. I used to play The Crew 2 until I fell asleep with the controller in my hand lol. This looks a little disappointing so far honestly and as others have said; it's just Forza.... Driving across the USA was ALWAYS the main appeal of The Crew, it would have been awesome to see that done for the current gen with more details etc but it is what it is. I guess ANOTHER map of the USA would be a little tiring to explore again though, it's a weird one.

Last edited:
Oh man. I used to play The Crew 2 until I fell asleep with the controller in my hand lol. This looks a little disappointing so far honestly and as others have said; it's just Forza.... Driving across the USA was ALWAYS the main appeal of The Crew, it would have been awesome to see that done for the current gen with more details etc but it is what it is. I guess ANOTHER map of the USA would be a little tiring to explore again though, it's a weird one.
"just Forza" haha

I was always the impression The Crew's physics aren't anywhere near as realistic as Forza's but closer to Need For Speed

I just received my invite.

And before anyone asks no, I'm not going to leak anything, in fact I want to comply with the NDA so I won't talk about the leaks anymore to avoid breaking it, I hope you understand this.

You just did it , already 🤣 Anyway, there will be enough leaks , dont risk you account.
Not really, you can say that you have received the invitation but nothing about what you think of the game or post screenshots or videos of it except in the forums dedicated to it.

It's the same with all the closed betas and alphas of Ubisoft games basically, the only one where everything changes a bit is in Xdefiant, where apart from saying that you've been invited you can talk about your experience in the tests.

Crew credits , are back with ~ same "exchange rate" to Bucks. There are car pack bundles for both(-30% cut), vanity bundles and car+vanity bundle for CC only. Same sistem, as I can see.

Also, vehicle count is 528 now.

I am not in Phase II, still reposting what I can see online.

Last edited:
I was always the impression The Crew's physics aren't anywhere near as realistic as Forza's but closer to Need For Speed
I don't personally find TC2's physics that different from even ACC. It varies by car, as there are different handling models in the game, but with the better handling cars I feel I'm using essentially the same skills as in ACC. For example, both capture the unweighting that occurs as you crest a hill, making the rear end slide if you don't anticipate it.

hmm, doesn't seem to be many actually new cars, also do we know how summit/motorpass editions of cars work? like can you freely buy them?
Its from 1st test. Its missing content of few seasons from TC2. Right now everything is available for bucks at Festival. My guess is everything from TC2 Motorpasses and Summits will be added free of charge for those who have it in TC2.

Back