The Crew: Wild Run Edition

Is that OK (in photomode)? :D
j03kvIkhbNg.jpg

(Now I understand why police is so fast :D)
I've encountered that happening to police cars all the time in photo mode. And sometimes they even dissappear right in front of me.

Is it better to keep the 370Z for a while or to buy a different car? I'm almost at level 15 and I'm heading toward NYC for missions.

Hmm I kinda want to drive a different car, but I think I've invested so much time with the 370Z that its probably not worth changing it now.
Test drive the cars in the showroom. True you can only try them stock but it gives you an idea of how they will behave.

If you like the feel of a car more than your current, get it. If not, don't.

I got the game on the Ubisoft free PC offer and I'm playing it with my G29.
What a great game! I'm having so much fun!
It ís a great game after all the updates/patches. :) It's a true successor to the original TDU IMO.

Is it better to keep the 370Z for a while or to buy a different car? I'm almost at level 15 and I'm heading toward NYC for missions.
There's no better or worse, since you'll earn plenty of cash to do whatever you want. Just take a few cars for a test spin to see if you like them. :)

I got the game for free with my GPU, spent some money on the expansion and a bit of ingame cash. Got all the cars I like/need now. :)

It ís a great game after all the updates/patches. :) It's a true successor to the original TDU IMO.

TDU. Exactly what came to my mind after playing a bit. Especially after I had a delivery mission on a high tier car, and should not get scratched. Reminded me instantly of TDU.

TDU. Exactly what came to my mind after playing a bit. Especially after I had a delivery mission on a high tier car, and should not get scratched. Reminded me instantly of TDU.
Not surprisingly since the Ivory Tower team contains several ex-Eden games devs. :)

Buy a Skyline at the dealership in NY, it's one of the best cars in the game for Dirt Spec racing and you are about to do a whole lot of Dirt Spec racing, mission-wise, you are at that point in the game, you'll see what I mean.

Additionally, it's also one of the best cars in both the Street and Performance specs. I use it a lot in circuit spec too, it can hold it's own.

The Crew's Best Dirt Spec Cars on Paper

----------------------------------acc---speed----grip
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34)---
6660----3714---4088
2012 Grand Cherokee SRTR8---6532----3716---3568
Mini Cooper S 2010--------------6433----3714---3732
Chevrolet Camaro RS 1969------6551----3712---3911

Word to the wise, the Grand Cherokee is heavy and the extra weight is noticeable, the numbers look better than it actually is. The '69 Camaro is the best runner up to the Skyline but it's A LOT more expensive than the Skyline is. I love the 69 Camaro but I waited until I was well off financially to purchase one. In the beginning stage of the game it's all about making smart investments, the Skyline is a smart move.

Last edited:
Would've liked to try this out (downloaded it a couple of days ago when I heard it was being given away) but I've run into the launch problem. So far it's always been a case of closing the stuck installation (1/1) from the task manager, followed by watching the game attempting to launch before running into an unexpected error.

Tried most of the offered solutions such as verifying the game files, deleting the My documents folder... but it's still borked. :boggled:

The Crew's Best Dirt Spec Cars on Paper

----------------------------------acc---speed----grip
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34)---
6660----3714---4088
2012 Grand Cherokee SRTR8---6532----3716---3568
Mini Cooper S 2010--------------6433----3714---3732
Chevrolet Camaro RS 1969------6551----3712---3911

Word to the wise, the Grand Cherokee is heavy and the extra weight is noticeable, the numbers look better than it actually is. The '69 Camaro is the best runner up to the Skyline but it's A LOT more expensive than the Skyline is. I love the 69 Camaro but I waited until I was well off financially to purchase one. In the beginning stage of the game it's all about making smart investments, the Skyline is a smart move.
Is this from a spreadsheet or something? Would it be possible for me to take a look?

Has anyone run into the issue where the more you play, the worse the performance gets? For 2 hours it's perfectly fine, but then it starts dipping down signifcantly to the 30FPS mark and stuttering

Since getting it free I have completed it.

I will likely not play it again tbh.
I thought the whole story was way too cheesy anyway. I got more enjoyment out of simply driving around the country, doing events, building cars, etc.

Buy a Skyline at the dealership in NY, it's one of the best cars in the game for Dirt Spec racing and you are about to do a whole lot of Dirt Spec racing, mission-wise, you are at that point in the game, you'll see what I mean.

Additionally, it's also one of the best cars in both the Street and Performance specs. I use it a lot in circuit spec too, it can hold it's own.

I remember how much of a grind it was for me to get it in the beta :lol:

Bought this game yesterday after trading off Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo. The map is absolutely huge, so I decided to take a 60 mile (in game) road trip from Detriot to San Francisco.

It was a fun time.

If the Raid version of the RUF RT35 is as good as its Dirt counterpart, it'll be one tough act to beat.

Expensive yes, but it could be worth it. :)
From my extensive research (Googling), there's always an expensive one and a relatively cheap option. For example, the best Circuit spec car is the SLS, but the Ford GT is just as good and much cheaper.

Back