The Crew: Wild Run Edition

I haven't played much of anything except the guitar all week, I did manage to play Deadpool for the first time in 2 weeks last night though. I need to get on the Crew and medal in a few summit events, this month's reward is the BMW M4 which is not in the game yet. Definitely want that car, should be fun to drive.

I haven't played much of anything except the guitar all week, I did manage to play Deadpool for the first time in 2 weeks last night though. I need to get on the Crew and medal in a few summit events, this month's reward is the BMW M4 which is not in the game yet. Definitely want that car, should be fun to drive.
Let me know if you want to play some Crew this weekend.

I should be on this weekend, sounds good.
I should be on all weekend. I don't have any lan parties or anything going on. I think I have already had about 6-7 lan parties this year. :)

Today was also the first Friday I have worked this year.

Has anyone actually looked at all the different "Awards" this game has? :eek: I started checking some of those out over the weekend with @DDastardly00 and they can be a lot of fun. Some examples are: Drive 5,000 miles in 1 car, drive 200 laps and the speedway, jump over a parked train, drive at night so many miles, drift this many miles, drive in reverse and look backward this many miles, find Bigfoot...... There are a LOT in this game. I would be fairly surprised if anyone in the world has completed all of them.

Has anyone actually looked at all the different "Awards" this game has? :eek: I started checking some of those out over the weekend with @DDastardly00 and they can be a lot of fun. Some examples are: Drive 5,000 miles in 1 car, drive 200 laps and the speedway, jump over a parked train, drive at night so many miles, drift this many miles, drive in reverse and look backward this many miles, find Bigfoot...... There are a LOT in this game. I would be fairly surprised if anyone in the world has completed all of them.

There is enough awards to keep busy with for at least a year in addition to everything else the game has to offer, I was really surprised by some of the more obscure ones.

Here is a pic of a failed attempt to jump over a parked train, I landed on it and was stopped in place.

Screenshot-Original.png

There are a lot but I am close to 12,900 of 15,000 and something. Which is around 40% Award Spoils Bonus.
Even though there are some that are bugged for me.

There is enough awards to keep busy with for at least a year in addition to everything else the game has to offer, I was really surprised by some of the more obscure ones.

Here is a pic of a failed attempt to jump over a parked train, I landed on it and was stopped in place.

Screenshot-Original.png
haha nice. Yes that was a fun award. Looking forward to working on more of them.
There are a lot but I am close to 12,900 of 15,000 and something. Which is around 40% Award Spoils Bonus.
Even though there are some that are bugged for me.
I unlocked an award this weekend that was called "Almost Halfway". "Earn 6,750 award points".

So I guess I am half way there..:sly:

So, I'm curious...does anybody feel like painting their cars green for St. Patrick's Day (this coming Thursday)?

EDIT: Never mind that, the M4 looks like it has a custom-made livery on it. I know it's probably an official livery by BMW themselves, but with TCWR's logo in the corner, I can't help but think there's already something that could allow us to make that in the game, and that it'll be introduced with a later update.

Am I the only one thinking this, or is this car going to be like the Maserati where we can't change anything about it at all?

4/5/16 EDIT: Looks like that's the ONE livery that can be applied to the M4's Circuit spec. It can't be changed or removed, even if you change the car's color (all it does is change the color of the brakes), or apply another sticker.

Last edited:
March Patch Notes

Patch Notes
MARCH PATCH NOTES
03/16/2016 12:00 PM

A new major update is coming this month! Here are the main changes and features coming with it.

Features

• Simplified Look for Crew feature
    The “Look for Crew” feature has been simplified. It will now be performing a general search across all game modes, instead of the current one entry per game mode.
    The Crew owners will now also have access to this queue system.

• Freedrive challenge - Solo mode
    On top of inviting their friends and other players, after creating a “Freedrive Challenge” race players will now also be able to launch and play it alone.

• Freedrive challenge – Speedtrap
    Players will have the possibility to create a “Freedrive challenge” track using the “Speedtrap” mode.
    When doing so, everyone will be able to decide where to position up to 5 speed traps on their chosen map. As with the classic “Freedrive challenge”, players will be able to launch them alone or with their friends.

• Mercedes challenge
    A new mission has been added on the Sebring International Raceway. This mission is tied to an upcoming challenge. More details will be shared soon.

Improvements & new content

• New Spec: BMW X6M is now available in Dirt spec.
  • Summit: New events have been added to the upcoming Summits Qualifiers.
  • Connection messages: New messages have been added to explain various connection issues or situations. These messages will replace some #error_codes.
  • Photo mode improvements:
    The photo mode will be getting new options.
    • In-game name: you can now sign all your screens with your in-game name.
    • Additional frames have been added.
    • PC players will now be able to save their screenshots in higher quality.
      • This will not depend on your hardware setting.
      • The maximum resolution of the screens will be 4K.
  • Bug Fixes
    • Performing a double Awesome Misty Flip in the Summit Monster Event awarded an extremely high score.
    • Some fire trucks were black or white instead of being red.

• Handling update Improved aerodynamics, better steering reactivity, improved counter steering, improved grip behavior, increased differences between Driving Help/Sport/Hardcore driving modes for:

• MERCEDES-BENZ SLR MCLAREN 722 EDITION Full Stock / Perf / Circuit
    • MINI COOPER S COUNTRYMAN ALL4 Full Stock / Street / Perf / Dirt / Raid
    • VOLKSWAGEN TOUAREG NF 2011 Full Stock / Dirt / Raid
    • CADILLAC ESCALADE Full Stock / Perf / Circuit / Dirt / Raid

The Crew Team

I'm still waiting for an option to go back to old graphics. I can't play this game anymore on my poor laptop :(

Well that's finally good. FD Challenge.
The Mercedes benz challenge is only for certain groups. No registration is needed, but please note that the only countries eligible for the prizes are France, the UK, Germany, Italy and Spain.

So for the prizes for them is restricted.

Well that's finally good. FD Challenge.
The Mercedes benz challenge is only for certain groups. No registration is needed, but please note that the only countries eligible for the prizes are France, the UK, Germany, Italy and Spain.

So for the prizes for them is restricted.

:( That face says it all, except that I wanted in on whatever those prizes are and I imagine you all feel the same.

:( That face says it all, except that I wanted in on whatever those prizes are and I imagine you all feel the same.

Here is the prizes for the challenge.
For 1st place:

2nd to 5th place:

• 1 Mercedes-Benz car in-game
  • 1 CC pack (30€ value)

6th to 10th place:

• 1 CC pack (20€ value)

11th to 20th place:

• 1 CC pack (10€ value)

I am sad to announce that I have uninstalled The Crew from my PC. Ever since the Wild Run update, it had super low FPS and connection issues because the game drains all my internet. I still play it on my 360, but eventually I'll probably get an Xbox ONE to play Wild Run again.

So I picked up this game yesterday and I already had run ins with 🤬 online. Is there a way to get rid of them like creating your own private lobby or other?

So I picked up this game yesterday and I already had run ins with 🤬 online. Is there a way to get rid of them like creating your own private lobby or other?

Sadly no.
Only thing you can try doing is going into your safe house and going back out to reload a set of people.

I have upgraded to wildrun Drag, Bikes and Monster Cars but they don't even give you a free few ones for the price, I had to graft to get the KTM basic bike, So how are you guys getting $100-$200,000 for each model alone when the challenges or landmarks/finds are only $800-$2000 a pop, any hints to give so I can race those top bikes/cars quickly when I have spent most of what I had to get the car/bike I wanted..Any advice appreciated 👍

I have upgraded to wildrun Drag, Bikes and Monster Cars but they don't even give you a free few ones for the price, I had to graft to get the KTM basic bike, So how are you guys getting $100-$200,000 for each model alone when the challenges or landmarks/finds are only $800-$2000 a pop, any hints to give so I can race those top bikes/cars quickly when I have spent most of what I had to get the car/bike I wanted..Any advice appreciated 👍

Have you done any of the story/faction missions? I'll be more than happy to help out with those.

Thanks @Nick Skyline I have done Story missions but they don't seem to pay too much, I feel I am missing something to get $100,000s rather than $1000, Not sure about Faction all this is a bit new to me and I get distracted with the camera ;)👍

Have you participated in any of the summit events? In the beginning they give you a free extreme spec voucher, I used mine on a drag car. Then the prizes for winning the summit events include a chance to win a free spec, which is either a Monster Truck (Mt), Drag car (Dg) or a drift vehicle (Df), also you do receive extreme points for completing summit events which will cause you to win the extreme spec listed once the experience points bar is full, if it says Mt at the end of the bar, then you will win a Monster Truck, and likewise with the drift spec and Drag specs. I have only paid for one Extreme spec vehicle, the rest I have won the just by playing the game and I have a lot of them, at least 15 if not more.

Thanks @Nick Skyline I have done Story missions but they don't seem to pay too much, I feel I am missing something to get $100,000s rather than $1000, Not sure about Faction all this is a bit new to me and I get distracted with the camera ;)👍

On the main map there are 9 high payout faction missions - click on these and go to "send friends" and you can send up to 4 friends on these every 12 hours and they win you $104,000 a time in total plus another $3,000 in the north east. You need to buy three perk points in the garage to allow you to send 4 people at a time. But the missions never go above level 80 so if you have friends who are all on level 50 you only need two for each mission for 100% success as 50+50=100
If you need friends at level 50 for the faction missions send me or others here a friend request.
Simples.

EDIT if I remember right (18 months ago lol) you have to play through the story mode to unlock the faction missions in different areas

if I remember right (18 months ago lol) you have to play through the story mode to unlock the faction missions in different areas

Almost, but not quite. You need to be a certain level; level 40 to unlock Circuit Spec for anyone picking up this game for the first time. You get your first Circuit spec vehicle for free, but then you have to come up with the funds yourself if you want more cars in that spec. As long as you have at least ONE car in a certain spec, you can do any story or faction mission that requires that spec (i.e. Highway Child requires Circuit Spec, Observatory Dash requires Perf Spec).

EDIT: @DDastardly00: I'm missing 8 Drift spec cars, then my collection will be complete. I could pay for all 8 of them right now, but I don't want to waste $3.2 million.

Last edited:
Appreciate all the help guys:cheers: ^^^ @Nick Skyline @sirjim73 I am only at level 13 having not put that much effort in to this yet (too much time on the new photo mode) as I just love driving round all the map searching new places to view it is massive and and haven't covered 50% of the middle of the map yet , looks like I should just carry on and complete all story missions first, the latest one was driving 25 miles with a parcel and some car hit me coming the other way when I pressed nitro and lost the mission 24 miles in after 20 mins of motorway and traffic so gave that one up, with the phone ringing and summit messages popping up I need more concentration :ill: and didn't have time to try it again as I was too tired by then..I need more dedication and time on this by the looks of it, It isn't going to be quick to get all the cars/bikes in the DLC..👍

@DDastardly00 Thank you, I will try the summit again and look for this spec voucher as I only saw trials with my own cars keep coming up for $800 each.👍

Edit: I persevered with the missions and got to level 20 now, so thanks for help above I can now drive this 'Beast':mad: (full set to follow on photo thread) 👍
The Crew™_20160330101720 by torque99, on Flickr

Last edited:

Once you get to a certain point, Faction mission, Highway Child pays the best if you have a fully upgraded circuit car with all other level 50 parts. You will get not only 176,000 for an hour work, but smart loot will give another 176,000.
Other than that just keep sending friend and logging on for the daily.

Back