The Damage Thread - Best Buy Demo, Now Thats More Like It!

• Thread starter Robin
  • 3,122 comments
I really can't imagine PD only including damage on single car races. All of they're work shows amazing quality, I don't think they would let that slip.

pd will implement damage in race cars only, like they told...
and for me isn't normal that they build a new physic and damage engine only for rally cars...

Is it me or is that the paint I see cracking off the damaged fender ? ? ?

Yeah it seems like it is! Having just bare metal lines appear (as we have seen previously in other racing games) is one thing, this is flaking off paint!, uneven splits and patches :scared:

You all are a bunch of hypocrites, for years blasting Forza for crappy damage, yet you eww and ahh over this! Give me a break. It looks the same.

You all are a bunch of hypocrites, for years blasting Forza for crappy damage, yet you eww and ahh over this! Give me a break. It looks the same.

Ive been saying they will complain about the damage when its released or confirme. No matter what PD do to please the masses there will be a bunch f guys still not happy. (Especially those who have no lives)

I've always said that including damage modeling is better than nothing at all as is the case with the GT series up until now. Forza got it right from the start; even if it's not perfect (just like GT5's damage is not perfect right now), you can always improve it with time, but at least it's there...

Forza has a pre-set damage level. Crash at least 10 cars all the same way, and you'll notice all the same parts break in all the same ways. It lacks detail.

This on the other hand has gone much further with paint chips & realistic looking effects.

Reventón;3414839
Forza has a pre-set damage level. Crash at least 10 cars all the same way, and you'll notice all the same parts break in all the same ways. It lacks detail.

This on the other hand has gone much further with paint chips & realistic looking effects.

Umm, have you actually played Forza. Believe me, its looks the same. Forza's paint's get chipped too. This is just more polished.

I'm worried damage will only make an appearance during the rally courses....only one car to render means damage can be rendered properly, which may not be possible on a track full of cars.

I hope it's implemented properly though.
Yes, that where my thoughts too.

Its one damage shot... how do we know if every time the WRX gets damge it wont look like this? And its only Rally Cars. They didnt let us see Jeff Gordons car after hitting the wall.... only damage in rally. .

By that logic there will be no damage to any other car except the WRX in rally... yeah that would be right.

Umm, have you actually played Forza. Believe me, its looks the same. Forza's paint's get chipped too. This is just more polished.
No, it doesn't. I have never seen FM2 put this much detail in the wreckage, as it normally just blows all the pieces off. I would know. I still put in a good deal of time into FM2, and most incidents like the in GT5's trailer just blast out the windows & tear the bumper off.

Reventón;3414892
No, it doesn't. I have never seen FM2 put this much detail in the wreckage, as it normally just blows all the pieces off.
Not only that, Forza 2 has to sit there for a split second while it thinks of what to do. It's about as jarring as an actual wreck when it freezes.

The damage only on the Subaru indicates to me that this may all be a real time replay capture. If it was CGI only, why not model damage on all the cars, at least all the race cars? It may also be an indication that PD might need more time to have real time damage working on a full field of cars. It's hard to say. They may also be yanking the entire planet around, and the game is almost finished, to spring a huge megaton surprise on us for the holidays.

I watched the trailer in 720p and i´m sure everything is ingame! (but the PD flag and the planes are rendered I think)

After rewatching the crash over and over, here is my thoughts for you fanboys. The car lands on the passenger side. Bumber strikes the ground first yet the spoiler seems unhurt. Yet the drivers side hood and fender gets a little bent. Months ago, members here were stating that Kaz didn't want to include damage if they had to do it half heartedly, like Forza, yet it is just as bad. Nowhere near the likes of GRiD or GTA, like most here wanted. Granted the crash on the trailer was not race ending, but it is the only damage model we have. This maybe all we get. Will you be happy in the long run if the damage modeling stays like this, you know, only crumbled hoods and fenders.

This is just a demo from one incident. Maybe in different circumstances the car's panels will react differently. I've seen real life crashes where you'd expect the car to crumple one way but it goes the other.

After rewatching the crash over and over, here is my thoughts for you fanboys. The car lands on the passenger side.
Nope. If you watch, the car goes face first with the car angled towards the driver's side.
Bumber strikes the ground first yet the spoiler seems unhurt. Yet the drivers side hood and fender gets a little bent.
Because that's where the car landed?
Months ago, members here were stating that Kaz didn't want to include damage if they had to do it half heartedly, like Forza, yet it is just as bad. Nowhere near the likes of GRiD or GTA, like most here wanted.
Not even close. Again, Forza 2's damage system is not anywhere near as detailed.
Granted the crash on the trailer was not race ending, but it is the only damage model we have. This maybe all we get. Will you be happy in the long run if the damage modeling stays like this, you know, only crumbled hoods and fenders.
By that logic, the only damage modeling in Forza 3 is rollovers. It's silly.

The car didn't hit anything and yet it was damaged because of the way it jumped and landed.

We never seen this kind of damage in any other console racer.

That's a great start in my books, we have to see now what happens when the subaru hits something straight on, then we can have a better understanding.

The car didn't hit anything and yet it was damaged because of the way it jumped and landed.

We never seen this kind of damage in any other console racer.

That's a great start in my books, we have to see now what happens when the subaru hits something straight on, then we can have a better understanding.
Actually, I think DiRT did it, too. But, then again, the car had to land really hard at a good amount of speed to really do damage on the exterior.

It also started to turn and possibly nose dived hitting the bumper before the wheels which may have pushed everything up, tweaking the bonnet...

I'm reconsidering that this is just a CGI video. If it was, as I said in another thread, they could have rendered damage on all the race cars, not just the Subaru. This does raise a lot of interesting questions though. As Tofu says, does this mean something on the scale of Forza, but better? Would limited damage be okay? Does this mean only damage on race cars, or could tuners get banged up too, giving online racers a wider variety of racers to choose from?

WILL THEY TALK!! :lol:

Reventón;3415045
Nope. If you watch, the car goes face first with the car angled towards the driver's side.

Because that's where the car landed?

24c9mqb-1.gif

Ok??? It appears to me that the car lands hard on the passenger side.

Last edited:
oh man...

PD should have just showed a Ford GT touch a wall at 60mph and then have it flip and explode like no tomorrow.

Then people would be happy?

:indiff:

Back