The Damage Thread - Best Buy Demo, Now Thats More Like It!

• Thread starter Robin
  • 3,122 comments
You could be right, the hood could just be flexing with the way the impact is twisting the chassis. I hope it is that because that would mean another level of damage realism! đź‘Ť

Lets call it a draw for now :). It is really not the best piece to tear down.

spoiler start--When the citroen looses control the tuned orange corvette is passing it on the right side, but the citroen turns sideways and corvette passes through the citroen's front...without damaging both vehicles.--spoiler end

Don't know what is a spoiler about that, but after freeze framing it myself it looks like the Corvette just squeezes through to me.

Well I dont know... I clearly see how the citroen's wheel pops right through corvette's rear.

It is good to see new cars announced! All of them have cockpit views! (the windows are transparent)

another bit with GTbyCitroen, when it looses control.
Maybe it is going to be a spoiler, so I made the letters white...
spoiler start--When the citroen looses control the tuned orange corvette is passing it on the right side, but the citroen turns sideways and corvette passes through the citroen's front...without damaging both vehicles.--spoiler end

I dont know why this should be a spoiler, but....
Spoiler start--The GT by Citroen didnt seem to react to some kind of force just like the Corvette, so i dont think the Corvette hit it. It may appear as if it did, but its actually hard to see from this angle. The Viper SRT10 passes right after the Corvette did and it looks as if the Viper could have hit it aswell, but after watching it a second and a third time I can clearly see it passes it before the GT slides back to the middle of the track--spoiler end

Here's a random thought...

What if Damage is so complex that it can only be on races where there is only 1 car...

This would explain why the only damage is seen is on the Rally car?

There is a precedent for this in past GT games...

GT "High Res" mode in GT1.
GT4's "Wet" races with only 2 cars.

C.

Umm am I the only person that think that the reason the left side is dented is because the Subi hit a berm in the road. If the ground was elevated the right side could be leaning but the left side could be more damaged. If I am not mistaken the ridge of the rally track is elevated...

ReventĂłn;3415426
Watch where the car lands the hardest. Right after it touches down on the right side, you can obviously see how the left side slams into the ground.

I seem to be the only one that believes the car "crashes" into a cable and bounces rather unreallistically as if it crashed into an invisible wall?

Here is my opinion and thought on Crash Damage

Audi: What games can the fans of GT soon expect?

Kazunori Yamauchi: We are working on it, including weather changes, a race which may affect index. And damage to racing cars we will soon be able to simulate.

This info is from the Weather Changes, Night Racing in Gran Turismo 5 interview and I take it as "Damage" will only appear on race cars :sly: .

But I guess we'll wait and see.

Yeah that is what I believe too but lets hope we are wrong :)

What if Damage is so complex that it can only be on races where there is only 1 car...

C.

I posted that idea on page 1 but it got ignored by everyone, good to see that someone else thought the same! đź‘Ť

gt5screenshot.jpg

Is it just the fuzziness of the picture, or do I see shattered glass on the back side window of the orange and black car, and scratches on the roof of the white car.

The second idea is less likely, but what do you think?

Not here to argue about which side the damage is on, but did anybody notice in car view shows driver on the left hand side and outside view seems to indicate its a right hand drive car? Unless I am seeing things??

The back side window is perspex (Acrylic plastic) with a couple vent holes in it, I don't think it is shattered.

but did anybody notice in car view shows driver on the left hand side and outside view seems to indicate its a right hand drive car? Unless I am seeing things??

All the footage I have seen of the Nascars has shown the car as left hand drive.

gt5screenshot.jpg

Is it just the fuzziness of the picture, or do I see shattered glass on the back side window of the orange and black car, and scratches on the roof of the white car.

The second idea is less likely, but what do you think?

These are normal holes. No crash.

Edit: Jay V beat me to it.

That's a good point, i believe too, knowing the damage is a complex thing on a game like GT5. (Sorry for the English, still learning :indiff:)

C.

The back side window is perspex (Acrylic plastic) with a couple vent holes in it, I don't think it is shattered.

All the footage I have seen of the Nascars has shown the car as left hand drive.

Sorry, should have been more specific. I was talking about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi Rally Car, as it goes over the jump. :dopey:

I found this kind of interesting.
(This is frame by frame)

gt53.jpg

gt54.jpg

gt55.jpg

As you can see, the green citroen car goes through the corvette.

amirite?

Here's what I want to know more than anything. After the Subaru is damaged, what's it drive like?

Also, I'm wondering if the reason PD is acquiring the WRC, NASCAR, Super GT (is this actually confirmed?), etc is to implement damage. The licensing/approvals needed for damage are different for race cars, so I wonder if we'll only see damage in the licensed series.

I posted that idea on page 1 but it got ignored by everyone, good to see that someone else thought the same! đź‘Ť

Yeah I saw that post after I'd posted...

Fingers crossed this isn't the case...

Or something that can be worked out with a patch!

C>

I'm glad those frame by frame pics have been posted. It seem that the front wheel on the Citreon is bent inwards (second pic) as it moves past the Corvette, but by the 3rd frame it's fine.

It makes contact with the passenger side first, yet it is undamaged. Physics would show the entire weight of the car landed on that side receiving the brunt of the impact and the driver side only should get the recoil.
So you can calculate damage accurately and account for the millions of variables involved in a crash while the PS3 and PD are wrong? Gimme a break and stop trying to nitpick.

Next time there's an accident near you, go out and look at the accident, position of the two cars, and deduce how it happened, and then speak to the people and see how it ACTUALLY happened, I think you'll be surprised that you're almost always completely wrong.

For the fun of it, I took pics of certain frames... so they are in timed order here:

Frame 2619:
Damage_2619.jpg

Frame 2620:
Damage_2620.jpg

Frame 2624:
Damage_2624.jpg

Frame 2626:
Damage_2626.jpg

Frame 2628:
Damage_2628.jpg

Frame 2632:
Damage_2632.jpg

Frame 2634:
Damage_2634.jpg

if it helps any :)

edit,

Nascar_01.jpg

đź‘Ť

Last edited:
2628: Damage
2632: No damage
2634: Damage again!

How odd :confused:

I think its just a motion blur rather than damage at 2628, that said the windscreen line isn't warped, yet other objects in car are. :confused:

it's quite hard to tell really.

Stands a chance, it appears to crumple really badly at 2628 compared to 2634, so it might have just popped up a bit and then settled back down.

Latest Posts

Back