• 292 comments

MUSC4EVER

The story continues....
Premium
Wales
wrexham
jameskent86451
Jamobomb86
I thought I would start a thread on all things Darts as I know a few of you a fans of the sport..

...The PDC World Championships start on Friday night and im looking forward to it...any predictions on what'll happen?

Don't follow darts but every time I see it on TV it seems like a ton of fun to see live.

Phil Taylor will win it ? :sly:

Aye probably! he is in the sort of form where he wins just about everything!

@Noob616 it does look great, the fans are brilliant, they drink a lot and make a great atmosphere!

So it starts at 7pm tonight and here is the order of play

John Part v Mareno Michel
Rob Szabo v Ian Moss (prelim round)
Peter Wright v Joe Cullen
Phil Taylor v Szabo/Moss
Ritchie Burnett v Dean Winstanley

There is a session on tomorrow afternoon as well and here is the order of play for that

Mark Walsh v Jarkko Komula
Colin McGarry v Per Laursen (prelim round)
Wayne Jones v Kevin McDine
Terry Jenkins v McGarry/Laursen
Ian White v Kyle Anderson

Missed today unluckily...Had other commitments to attend to, will be watching tomorrow's matches however.

Well its been a great start!, we had Taylor losing the first set to debutant Szabo and being given a fright, the first shock happened earlier when the seeded Mark Walsh lost out to Finland's Jarkko Komula...and Terry Jenkins and Kyle Anderson both hit 9 dart finishes and the both went on to lose their matches!, Jenkins lost to Prelim round winner Per Laursen!

If you missed it last night you didn't miss a great deal, there was no shocks and all the seeds went through..

Day three starts at 7pm tonight and here are the matches scheduled

Dave Chisnall v John Henderson
Dennis Lindskjold v Edward Santos (prelim round)
Raymond Van Barneveld v Jamie Lewis
Brendan Dolan v Lindskjold/Santos
Jamie Caven v Jelle Klaasen

A couple of shocks last night with Ronnie Baxter and Steve Beaton going out...Michael Van Gerwen is up tonight..

A couple of shocks last night with Ronnie Baxter and Steve Beaton going out...Michael Van Gerwen is up tonight..

Did you see Ricky Evans beat Baxter yesterday? He throws ridiculously fast and yet it worked out so well. :eek:

That was an unbelievably quick match!!, I think it only lasted like half an hour!

Anyway, last night saw another seed go out in Colin Lloyd, he had a great match with Beau Anderson but Anderson won in a sudden death leg, that's four seeds going out in the first round so far..

Whitlock, Vander Voort and MVG all went through, MVG want at his best his average was lower than Lerchbacker but he didn't need to be at his best as he cruised through...Adrian Lewis is up tonight..

No surprises or shocks last night as all the seeded players went through comfortably, Andy Smith, pipe, Michael Smith and Lewis all through..

Tonight is the last of the first round matches with Wade, Webster and Painter all in action, second round matches start tomorrow..

Taylor has just been knocked out in the second round by Michael Smith!!! Great performance by Smith, it'll be a career definer for him, the draw is wide open now...

..what does this mean for Taylor??

The World Championships are back on tomorrow after the three day Christmas break with a double session..

I don't follow darts, but I quite like the when the (- who I expect to be -) announcer, especially in the UK, shouts "ooonehuuundredandeighty" and people go nuts. :lol:

I don't follow darts, but I quite like the when the (- who I expect to be -) announcer, especially in the UK, shouts "ooonehuuundredandeighty" and people go nuts. :lol:

:lol:

Nothing compared to when a nine darter happens though. ;)

Good afternoon at the darts...Lewis, Wade and MVG all through but van Gerwen was 3-1 down against Anderson in what was a great match, quarter finals start tonight..

..plus did anyone see Webster knock van Barneveld out last night?!...what a match that was!

So itll be Wright v Whitlock in the first semi-final and it could be the best night so far tonight with van Gerwen v Webster and Wade v Lewis..

Semi-finals night tonight with Wright v Whitlock and Lewis v van Gerwen and the final is on Wednesday night..

its really hard to pick who's going through but id say the Wright-Whitlock match is the more interesting as Wright has been very consistent throughout the tournament and Whitlock didn't drop a set until his quarter final match v White!

But im not predicting anything! im just looking forward to watching it!

What a performance by Peter Wright, to beat a player that was seeded 12 places higher than he was in the tournament like that was incredible and he absolutely deserves to be in the final..

...and what about MVG's crushing performance against Lewis?!, 6-0 against a double world champ!!

We are going to have a brand new champion as well

Last edited:
So the final tonight, Wright v Van Gerwen...its gonna be good!

What a fantastic final, MVG deserved to win but Wright put in a great fightback!...this tournament will be the making of him!

Also Barry Hearn announced the 10 player lineup for the premier league which starts in a months time, Wright is there but theres no Wade...which is a bit controversial!

Last edited:
Congrats to MVG on the win, also fantastic effort by Wright. Hung in there and showed tremendous fight, but MVG did enough in the end. 👍

Really enjoyed it last night it was a great match, Van Gerwen is now number 1 in the world and Wright is up to 7th in the World rankings

The next Darts that's on is the BDO World Championship on the BBC which starts on Saturday and the PDC Premier League which starts next month, the 10 players to take part in that were announced after the final last night...

So the BDO World championship has been up and running since Saturday and the big news from that is the current world champion Scott Waites was knocked out in the first round!

Back