The Darts thread

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 292 comments
Its still darts though, and you can talk anything to do with darts here...

The BDO world darts final is on in a bit, number one seed Stephen Bunting takes on unseeded and surprise finalist Alan 'Chuck' Norris..

Big congratulations to Stephen Bunting for winning the BDO World title, it was a great, high quality match with Alan Norris playing brilliantly as well in a 7-4 win for Bunting who was in tears after the match

Yeah! someone actually posted on here apart from me!! :cheers: :lol:

As for Bunting, I think its a good move, I've been really impressed with him the last two years and I think he can make an impact at this higher level 👍

Yeah! someone actually posted on here apart from me!! :cheers: :lol:

As for Bunting, I think its a good move, I've been really impressed with him the last two years and I think he can make an impact at this higher level 👍

No problem, yeah definitely he can, I mean most players who have switched to the PDC in the past, they have done good. 👍

So the Premier League Darts starts on Thursday and ill put up a guide to this years tournament tomorrow, also the BDO have a new tournament starting that day but I cant remember what its called! :lol:

But I do know it has an interesting format, anyone can take part you just had to register online before the closing date which has obviously passed now and one of the players taking part will be Andy 'the Viking' Fordham, it will be shown live on Eurosport...

So the Premier League starts on Thursday night it should be good this year, ten players star,t they play each other twice, first to eight legs games, the bottom two get relegated and leave the competition and at the end the top four take part in the play-offs

Matches take place every Thursday night at arenas across the country starting at the Echo Arena Liverpool and the players taking part are...

Phil Taylor....16 time world champion
Michael Van Gerwen...reigning world champion and Premier League champion
Simon Whitlock....2012 European champion
Adrian Lewis...2011 and 2012 world champion
Dave Chisnall....2013 world Grand Prix runner up
Peter Wright....2014 world champion runner up
Wes Newton....two-time major finalist
Robert Thornton....2012 UK Open winner
Raymond Van Barneveld....five time world champion
Gary Anderson....2011 Premier League champion

Phil Taylor....16 time world champion
Michael Van Gerwen...reigning world champion and Premier League champion
Simon Whitlock....2012 European champion
Adrian Lewis...2011 and 2012 world champion
Dave Chisnall....2013 world Grand Prix runner up
Peter Wright....2014 world champion runner up
Wes Newton....two-time major finalist
Robert Thornton....2012 UK Open winner
Raymond Van Barneveld....five time world champion
Gary Anderson....2011 Premier League champion

Quality lineup as always, will be interesting to see if snakebite can show the form he showed in the world championships.

Interesting news yesterday with Taylor signing with Target as his darts provider, he joins after a long standing partnership with Unicorn, the deal is for five years and is worth £3 million...and it means Taylor will have new darts for Thursday!

The relegation part is pointless, now if the relegated players were actually not allowed in the year after then that would be interesting. Still I'm looking forward to some good darts all the same.

The relegation part is pointless, now if the relegated players were actually not allowed in the year after then that would be interesting. Still I'm looking forward to some good darts all the same.

Yeah I kind of liked it when it used to be eight people...

Fixtures for tomorrow night

Dave Chisnall v Rob Thornton
Peter Wright v Wes Newton
Raymond Van Barneveld v Gary Anderson
Phil Taylor v Michael Van Gerwen
Simon Whitlock v Ady Lewis..

Interesting news yesterday with Taylor signing with Target as his darts provider, he joins after a long standing partnership with Unicorn, the deal is for five years and is worth £3 million...and it means Taylor will have new darts for Thursday!
Sounds like the ideal excuse for when MVG beats him up (Not literally Bobby George analogy).

Results tonight and there are a few significant ones to say the least!

Chisnall 7-5 Thornton
Wright 7-3 Newton
Van Barneveld 7-2 Anderson
Taylor 0-7 Van Gerwen!!
Whitlock 1-7 Lewis

Taylor got white-washed! Van Gerwen wasn't really at his best but Phil didn't look confident with the new darts and was hitting great darts one minute and missing loads the next, both debutants won and looked good, Barney was very impressive, had a 108 average but it was up to 130 at one point and he was 70% on the doubles, Lewis was impressive as well

MVG is top with Taylor at the bottom!

Here are the matches for the second round of Premier League Darts tomorrow night in Bournemouth

Thornton v Van Gerwen
Lewis v Taylor
Chisnall v Wright
Anderson v Whitlock
Newton v Van Barneveld

It might not be in that order..

Taylor is looking to bounce back from last weeks whitewash by MVG, at the weekend he hit two nine-darters in UK Open qualifiers and one of them were against Lewis who he beat 6-2..

Tonight's results

Newton 7-5 Van Barneveld
Chisnall 6-6 Wright
Anderson 7-2 Whitlock
Lewis 7-3 Taylor
Thornton 5-7 Van Gerwen

Newton put in a good battling performance to beat Barney...
Great comeback by Chizzy who was 1-5 down to draw 6-6 against an in form Wright, both player have made impressive starts to their league debuts....
Anderson put in a really good, clinical performance against Whitlock, who was poor and also lost last week means he is bottom of the table...
Taylor played better but is still getting used to his new darts, Lewis was good and is top of the table after two wins...
MVG wasn't at his best but did enough to win...just!

Lewis, MVG, Wright and Chisnall make up the playoff places and Taylor and Whitlock are the bottom two...Belfast next week...

Tonight's matches in the Premier League in Belfast...

Thornton v Anderson
Chisnall v Van Gerwen
Wright v Taylor
Newton v Lewis
Van Barneveld v Whitlock

Matches probably wont be in that order....

Results from last night...

Thornton 7-2 Anderson
Chisnall 4-7 Van Gerwen
Wright 7-4 Taylor
Newton 7-2 Lewis
Van Barneveld 7-4 Whitlock

Taylor's woes continue but he did play slightly better last night, he has now lost 4 televised games in a row for the first time in his career....
Thornton, Newton and Barney all impressed last night, Taylor and Whitlock remain in the bottom three and play each other next week...

Premier League matches tonight in Glasgow...

Thornton v Newton
Wright v Lewis
Van Gerwen v Van Barneveld
Whitlock v Taylor
Chisnall v Anderson

Matches probably wont be in that order...could be a great night, every match looks brilliant!

Absolutely Brilliant night of darts last night, easily the best night of the Premier League season so far...so many talking points!....here are the results..

Wright 7-1 Lewis
Thornton 6-6 Newton
Taylor 7-3 Whitlock
Van Gerwen 5-7 Van Barneveld
Chisnall 5-7 Anderson

Wright was fantastic against Lewis, Taylor finally won and played a lot better looked more confident, MVG was a little below par, Chisnall-Anderson and Thornton-Newton were both very high quality matches

The top four after week four is Wright, MVG, Barney and Newton, the bottom two is Taylor and Whitlock

I would be very happy if someone else posted on this thread....

Yeah another cracking nights of darts, the atmosphere was awesome. 👍

It's all to play for think anyone can make the top four at the moment. I think Whitlock is in trouble, his health is definitely giving him trouble, if he loses next week then that's him done.

Darts thread?

73Dart_F34.jpg

Sorry, I had to.

Did you hear what Taylor said after his match, saying that if he cant get it together in 12 months he'll finish...he has said something like this many times before though...

....oh, and the atmosphere was fantastic last night!!

Back