The Darts thread

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 292 comments
Did you hear what Taylor said after his match, saying that if he cant get it together in 12 months he'll finish...he has said something like this many times before though...

....oh, and the atmosphere was fantastic last night!!

Yeah I heard, just another way to keep himself motivated. ;)

I love darts, but no can math. I velcro'd a couple cheapie calculators above my dry erase scoreboard.

Jerome

I love darts, but no can math. I velcro'd a couple cheapie calculators above my dry erase scoreboard.

Jerome

I'm the same, I don't play often because my maths is crap, I used to have a board in the house when I was a kid though, I just watch it mostly now...its a great sport to watch and it IS a sport, I don't care what anyone else says..

Here are the Premier League matches for round five (round five already!!) in Exeter..

Wright v Thornton
Van Barneveld v Chisnall
Lewis v Van Gerwen
Taylor v Anderson
Newton v Whitlock

Matches probably not in that order, Lewis v MVG is going to be brilliant!

Wes Newton will not play tonight due to being ill. Thornton will play two matches.

Just seen the news, Thornton will play against Wright and Whitlock...

Results from last night..

Wright 6-6 Thornton
Van Barneveld 6-6 Chisnall
Lewis 6-6 Van Gerwen
Taylor 5-7 Anderson
Whitlock 7-5 Thornton

Three draws to in the first three games, the pick of which was Lewis-MVG which started slowly but built momentum and turned out to be a great match...Taylor loses again, he missed to many doubles and is under serious pressure after Whitlock picked up his first win...disappointing night for Thornton who only managed to pick up one point from his two games...

...Also there is Darts on tonight as well, The UK Open in on ITV4..

Last edited:
I know, its getting worse for him, What's happening to him?!

Lewis wiped the floor with Jenkins then. 9 legs in a row after Jenkins put in a great performance to beat MVG. Seems like a great tournament to go to, at a caravan park haha! I'd go to the premier league in Brum if it wasn't during my exam time. :(

Really enjoyed it over the weekend, fantastic Darts...felt sorry for Jenkins but Lewis looked like a man on a mission all through the tournament, But Jenkins can be very happy with his semi final performance though!

So the Premier League circus rolls on into Nottingham tomorrow night, here are the matches

Whitlock v Wright
Lewis v Anderson
Van Gerwen v Newton
Van Barneveld v Thornton
Taylor v Chisnall

Newton is definitely back after missing last week with Tonsilitis

Here are the matches for tonight's Premier League from Leeds..

Chisnall v Whitlock
Thornton v Lewis
Anderson v Van Gerwen
Newton v Taylor
Wright v Van Barneveld

Matches probably not in that order but I do know that Wright v RVB will be on last, Chisnall v Whitlock is a massive game at the bottom with the elimination taking place in just three games time, and there is 11,000 expected in Leeds which will be the highest attendance at a PDC event ever!

Certainly getting tight at the bottom, the elimination is immediately after week nine and its week seven tonight....

Certainly getting tight at the bottom, the elimination is immediately after week nine and its week seven tonight....

Yeah definitely it is, I think Taylor will win against Newton tonight, and probably Chisnall v Whitlock a possible draw.

Tonight's results...

Chisnall 6-6 Whitlock
Thornton 6-6 Lewis
Anderson 5-7 Van Gerwen
Newton 1-7 Taylor
Wright 6-6 Van Barneveld

You were right about those two results Fuzzy!

Taylor had easily his best performance this season so far to climb up to 6th in the league, the bottom two is now Newton and Whitlock (Newton has a game more to play), Wright is still unbeaten but has been knocked off the top by new leader MVG

Next week is Taylor v Barney and Wright v MVG!

So what's happening with Newton, he has a game in hand so how do they go about that?

I can only assume that they give Thornton a night off and give get to Newton to play twice, but they have to do that soon as they are both threatened with elimination..

So what's happening with Newton, he has a game in hand so how do they go about that?

I can only assume that they give Thornton a night off and give get to Newton to play twice, but they have to do that soon as they are both threatened with elimination..

Next week Newton will play two matches, while Thornton will have night off.

Thought so, Thornton will be watching the action nervously and its his own fault, when he played those two games he only picked up one point out of four....great chance for Newton..

So the Premier League continues tonight and its reaching a crucial point in the competition with the bottom two being eliminated next week, here are tonight's matches in Dublin...

Anderson v Newton
Lewis v Chisnall
Newton v Whitlock
Van Gerwen v Wright
Taylor v Van Barneveld

this could be the best night so far just look at those matches!!

Love it when there is abit of needle up on that stage between two players. Clearly there is abit of needle there between MVG and Wright.

Last night results..

Anderson 7-3 Newton
Lewis 6-6 Chisnall
Newton 6-6 Whitlock
Van Gerwen 7-5 Wright
Taylor 6-6 Van Barneveld

Whitlock is eliminated, Newton only picked up one point of a possible four, Lewis produced another comeback this time from 6-2 down to draw, Wright was winding MVG up, it didn't really work though as he ended up losing his first match but MVG wasn't happy afterwards but Wright said he didn't give a monkeys and he'll do it again.

So big night of darts tomorrow night with the other elimination taking place after the round of matches, there are three players in danger...Thornton, Newton and Chisnall and here are the matches in Cardiff

Anderson v Wright
Van Gerwen v Whitlock
Lewis v Van Barneveld
Newton v Chisnall
Taylor v Thornton

Here are the scenarios
Thornton (on 6pts -1 leg difference)
is safe with a win or draw
would be safe if Chisnall wins by any score or if Newton win by 7-3 or better

Chisnall (on 6pts -13 leg difference)
if he loses 7-5 he would need Thornton to lose 7-0 to have better leg difference, other results could mean legs won against throw come into play

Newton (6pts -13 leg difference)
If he draws he needs Thornton to lose to survive, if he loses he is out..

Last night results...

Anderson 5-7 Wright
Van Gerwen 6-6 Whitlock
Lewis 6-6 Van Barneveld
Newton 5-7 Chisnall
Taylor 7-3 Thornton

Newton goes out after a narrow loss to Chisnall, Whitlock went out with a bang, Taylor is definitely nearing his best..

....Race for the play-offs start now!

So after last weeks game the race for the Play-offs in five weeks can begin here are the matches tomorrow in Sheffield

Chisnall v Van Barneveld
Wright v Anderson
Van Gerwen v Thornton
Taylor v Lewis
Van Barneveld v Wright

Could be the best night yet with those matches!!

Results from last night..

Chisnall 5-7 Van Barneveld
Wright 4-7 Anderson
Van Gerwen 7-5 Thornton
Taylor 7-4 Lewis
Van Barneveld 7-5 Wright

All very close games, Wright lost both games, Thornton was one dart away from a nine-darter!, I think Taylor is back to his best now and MVG says top but he has to play Taylor AND Lewis next week!

Back