The Darts thread

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 292 comments
Nearly got a nine darter last night. ;)

Massive blow for Wright losing both matches, and Taylor slowly but surely getting back to his best. 👍

Great effort by Thornton!

Taylor is now in the playoff positions and Wright has hit some poor from lately, three out of the last four lost..

Matches tomorrow from Aberdeen

Anderson v Lewis
Van Gerwen v Taylor
Wright v Chisnall
Thornton v Van Barneveld
Lewis v Van Gerwen

Looks set to be another cracking night! 👍

Last edited:
Results form last night

Anderson 7-4 Lewis
Van Gerwen 4-7 Taylor
Wright 4-7 Chisnall
Thornton 1-7 Van Barneveld
Van Gerwen 7-4 Lewis

Lewis had a shocker last night! Don't think Thornton can make Playoffs now..

Managed to watch last weeks action today, after recording it.

Thornton is definitely done, it's getting real tight for the top four now. Seems like MVG and Barney have got a little breathing space, so I expect them two to go through to play offs. And it's going to be a real battle for the final two places that's for sure.

Here are tomorrow nights matches for week 12 in Manchester and Anderson and Thornton are on double duty..

Thornton v Wright
Anderson v Taylor
Van Barneveld v Lewis
Van Gerwen v Chisnall
Anderson v Thornton

I think all of those matches are big in terms of the playoffs but I think Anderson v Taylor and Barney v Lewis are crucial...

Results from last night

Thornton 5-7 Wright
Anderson 6-6 Taylor
Van Barneveld 7-3 Lewis
Van Gerwen 7-4 Chisnall
Anderson 6-6 Thornton

Van Gerwen and Van Barneveld are both assured of Playoff places, the last two places are between Wright, Taylor and Anderson, Thornton now definitely cant get a playoff place...

Two more weeks of league action then the playoffs at The 02

What happening to Lewis?, he has been playing rubbish lately and I think he looks a bit tired....

What happening to Lewis?, he has been playing rubbish lately and I think he looks a bit tired....

He does, I think he's not going to make it. They mentioned there yesterday during commentary, how many times he's been in the premier league, can't remember think it was 7 or 8 times, and only got to play offs twice.

You would think this sort of format would suit him, but then again it's shows how competitive the premier league is each and every year.

I don't think its this tournament though, he has struggled throughout his career, I know that sounds stupid because he is a two time World Champion and he always seems to be in the top five in the World but apart from those two titles the only other majors he has won is this years UK Open and last years European Matchplay and that's it, you would expect a player of his talent and calibre to have won a lot more than that....

I don't think its this tournament though, he has struggled throughout his career, I know that sounds stupid because he is a two time World Champion and he always seems to be in the top five in the World but apart from those two titles the only other majors he has won is this years UK Open and last years European Matchplay and that's it, you would expect a player of his talent and calibre to have won a lot more than that....

Pretty fair assessment to be honest, I'd say he has got time on his side though, so will be an interesting story over the next few years or so to see if he can win the big ones. 👍

So with just two weeks of League action to go the matches get more crucial and more tense, here are tomorrow nights games from Birmingham

Thornton v Chisnall
Van Barneveld v Taylor
Van Gerwen v Anderson
Lewis v Wright
Chisnall v Taylor

Totally forgot to give the results for last Thursday so here they are

Thornton 7-5 Chisnall
Van Barneveld 6-6 Taylor
Van Gerwen 4-7 Anderson
Lewis 6-6 Wright
Chisnall 2-7 Taylor

Final two play off spots down to three with a chance, Taylor, Wright and Anderson.

Wright has got to play both Taylor and MVG, good luck with that. :lol:

Here are them matches for tomorrow night in Newcastle, just the four matches...

Anderson v Chisnall
Lewis v Thornton
Taylor v Wright
Van Barneveld v Van Gerwen

Both RVB and MVG have qualified for the playoffs but its still going to be a great game!

Results from last night..

Anderson 7-4 Chisnall
Lewis 7-5 Thornton
Taylor 6-6 Wright
Van Barneveld 4-7 Van Gerwen

Lewis actually won!! :cheers: Taylor and Anderson are both on 18 points in the playoff race, Wright on 17, Taylor plays Thornton, Anderson v Barney and Wright v MVG on the last night next week..

Well there's still a lot to play for in the last night of league action before Finals night next week, the final two playoff places to be decided with Anderson, Taylor and Wright in contention, here are the games from Brighton tomorrow night

Chsinall v Lewis
Anderson v Van Barneveld
Thornton v Taylor
Wright v Van Gerwen

both Anderson and Taylor are on 18 points and will qualify with wins, Wright is on 17 and needs to win and Anderson or Taylor to draw or lose, Wright v MVG should be great after what happened last time they met!

Great night last night, here are the results

Chisnall 4-7 Lewis
Anderson 7-4 Van Barneveld
Thornton 5-7 Taylor
Wright 5-7 Van Gerwen

Anderson was very impressive last night and Taylor was made to work hard by Thornton who looked up for the fight, Anderson and Taylor winning meant that Wright couldn't qualify for the playoffs ahead of his match with MVG but it was still a great match

Top four finished like this, MVG, Barney, Taylor, Anderson and it'll be Van Gerwen v Anderson and Taylor v Van Barneveld in the semi-finals at the 02 next week, should be fantastic! 👍

Sucks for Wright he missed out, but Anderson and Taylor continued there form and got the final two places. Looking forward to next week, will be good. 👍

So looking forward to tomorrow night, here are the matches

Playoff semi-finals
Michael Van Gerwen v Gary Anderson
Raymond Van Barneveld v Phil Taylor
Best of 15 legs

PDC World Youth Championship Final
Keegan Brown v Rowby-John Rodriguez
Best of 11 legs

Playoff Final
Van Gerwen/Anderson v Van Barneveld/Taylor
Best of 19 legs

What a fantastic night! Here are the results

Semi Finals
Van Gerwen 8-7 Anderson
Van Barneveld 8-5 Taylor

World Youth Final
Brown 6-4 Rodriguez

Playoff Final
Van Gerwen 6-10 Van Barneveld

Barney is the 2014 Premier League Champion! :cheers:

He put in two great performances to beat the number 1 and 2 in the world on the same night, I'm really happy for him, he deserves it 👍:D

Barney is back with a bang, congrats to him. 👍

Was a fantastic season, shame we didn't see a nine darter, but standard was top notch as usual. 👍

Going to be a bit weird not watching darts on Thursday night, but it was a great night and I don't think many people expected him to win...

....next darts is the World Cup from June 6th on Sky..

Going to be a bit weird not watching darts on Thursday night, but it was a great night and I don't think many people expected him to win...

Yeah will be abit weird, but hey there's plenty of other sports to watch and enjoy. :)

Why would they, he'd lost 6 premier league semi finals and never beaten Taylor in the premier league and before it all began he probably only got in because of who he is. Credit it to RVB though he has really up'd his game again this year and was a deserving winner.

Only the top four in the world rankings before the tournament get automatic Premier League places, the rest are Wildcard picks, the top four this time around were MVG, Taylor, Whitlock and Lewis...in that order..

Back