The Dream Alliance: Chapter 4; Page 23 - A New Road Ahead

Page 4 - Confrontation

A week later, Takanori arrives at the Fuji Speedway testing the Hakosuka. The rest of his team just wait in the pit garage.

Ricky: "I wonder why Takanori-san is so obsessed with the GT-R."

Takuma: "It's simple. Our father used to take Takanori in the mountain passes every weekend with his R32 GT-R. Ever since then, he gets to know more of the car."

8229620414_3d9886ecf8_c.jpg

Ricky: "I see. Just how much is a Hakosuka, anyway?"

Takuma: "Forget about buying one. Not only it's hard to find, but also a pristine one can cost 30,000,000 yen."

Ricky: "No.... no kidding. Man, that costs more than a house."

Takuma: "Consider ourselves lucky that it was inherited to us."

8228552887_66ab0bc3e6_c.jpg

In the car, Takanori feels nothing but utopia.

Takanori: "Impressive!!! The engine revs more freely now. I gotta hand it to Kaido-san! Carburetors are hard to tune..."

Then with the improved power, Takanori lets the car drift.

8228552343_cab0068a4d_c.jpg

Takanori: "Whoooooo!!!! Now this is the power of a Godzilla!!!"

8228552063_e5b324da07_c.jpg

Takanori: "This is a proper shakedown."

He returns to the pit lane. He takes off his helmet upon getting out of the car and shakes his head to cool off.

Takanori: "Man, that was great!"

Takuma: "Oh, your wife just sent me a text message. She wants you to call her right now."

Takanori: "Okay."

He calls his wife.

Takanori: "Hey there, honey."

Makoto: "I have good news. We're going to have a 2nd child!"

Takanori: "That's great to hear! Man, this is such a good day."

Makoto: "Okay then. I just want to tell you that news. Oh..."

Takanori: "What is it?"

Makoto: "I almost forgot! Hey, there is a Japanese Classics event in Suzuka Circuit next weekend. I think it would be a perfect opportunity to show off that Hakosuka."

Takanori: "That's nice. We'll definitely join! Thanks for the info. I'll see you at dinner time."

The call ends.

Ricky: "I'm impressed with the amount of work done."

Takanori: "He lightened the car and increased its power to 220 HP. Brakes and suspension were fiddled as well. It'll be a perfect weapon for the upcoming race in Suzuka."

Takuma: "Suzuka, eh?"

Takanori: "That's right!"

Ricky: "Speaking of which, I think it would be better for Nobuhiko-san to come and see if that impostor lurks around."

Takanori: "Nobuhiko, Ricky-san wa anata wa Suzuka ni iku to omou yo. Soko ni nisemono ga aru darou."

(Nobuhiko, Ricky-san thinks that you should go to Suzuka. Maybe that impostor will be there.)

Nobuhiko: "Sou da. Ano yatsu wo mitai." (I see. I want to see that guy.)

Takanori: "All right then. We shall set off! We'll meet in Suzuka next week, okay?"

Takuma: "Okay, leader."

A week has passed, and the Japanese Classics event is taking place in Suzuka. Privateer teams are present with their pristine and race-ready classic Japanese sports cars.

Takanori is busy tuning the engine, while Nobuhiko and Ricky check the tires and brakes while Takuma reads the settings sheet.

Ricky: "Nobuhiko-san and I strengthened the brakes for you. Though you should exercise more car control."

Takanori: "I see. Thanks, and I will heed that advice."

Meanwhile, at the 130R corner, Hiroyuki stands there and thinks deeply. He is wearing his Castrol race suit and helmet.

Hiroyuki: "I don't know how this will turn out, Nobuhiko. I know you're there..."

The race starts. The Hakosuka just flies by at the competition.

8229619094_bc7479fe8c_c.jpg

8229618678_5a6f295798_c.jpg

Takanori: "Prepare yourselves for the GT-R's wrath!"

8229618266_d51eff339b_c.jpg

While the race is ongoing, Nobuhiko heads out as usual to go to the 130R corner. Ricky follows him.

Ricky: "He's off to that place again, huh?"

Upon arriving, Nobuhiko sees Hiroyuki. Nobuhiko clenches his fist in anger.

Nobuhiko: "Omae... naze omae wa koko ni iru? Omae wa nisemono da ze!"

(You... why are you here? You are an impostor!)

Ricky: "Calm down!"

Hiroyuki does not reply.

Nobuhiko: "Hanase! Ore wa omae wo butsu ze!" ("Talk! I'll beat the crap out of you!")

He charges at Hiroyuki with a punch.

Ricky: "Hey wait!"

However, the father simply catches his son's hand and hits his son at the abdomen using his knee. Nobuhiko falls on the ground in pain.

Hiroyuki: "Sumanai..." (I'm sorry...)

Nobuhiko: "Temee... omae wa otoosan wo bujoku suru ze..." (You bastard. You insult my father...)

Hiroyuki just leaves while Ricky tends to Nobuhiko.

Ricky: "You okay?"

Nobuhiko shrieks in pain, since his pancreatic cancer is at its worst.

Ricky: "Shoot!"

Ricky helps Nobuhiko in getting up. Then they slowly walk together, with Nobuhiko's right arm on Ricky's shoulder.

Ricky: "It's not right to get in a brawl, you know?"

Nobuhiko: "I'm... sorry."

Ricky: "You need to rest and cool your head off."

End of Page 4

Page 5 - Drama

Takanori had won the race, and his fans swarm around him. Meanwhile, Ricky is still checking up on Nobuhiko.

Ricky: "How are you doing?"

Nobuhiko: "I'm fine."

Ricky: "Impostor? Well, he does wear the same suit and helmet as yours."

Nobuhiko: "He insult my father. I mad."

Ricky: "But I'm sure he races. Maybe you could settle that through a race."

Nobuhiko: "Zettaini katsu... I'll win."

Ricky: "I'm sure you can."

Then the twins comes in.

Takanori: "Is he okay?"

Ricky: "I guess a little rest would do. Man, I'd never thought he'd get into a fight easily."

Takanori: "Yasumu hou ga ii yo, Nobuhiko!" (You'd better rest, Nobuhiko!)

Nobuhiko: "Wakata." (Understood)

Takuma: "So, did you see the impostor, then?"

Ricky: "Yeah, we did. Nobuhiko-san just got mad and attempts to punch that man. But then he has been hit on the gut."

Takuma: "So, he's no ordinary impostor."

The three leave him to prepare for departure. Nobuhiko slams his fist on the table.

Nobuhiko: "Dammit!!! Someone would just tarnish my father... But this is not me."

Upon arriving in Tokyo, the four go on their separate ways. However, Takanori is concerned about Nobuhiko that he goes after him.

Takanori: "Nobuhiko, is there a problem? I can clearly see that you are mad."

Nobuhiko: "I just can't stand it. Insulting my father like that..."

Takanori: "Your father?"

Nobuhiko: "My father originally wore that race suit and helmet. I am wearing it in his honor. But I can't believe that this will happen."

Takanori: "I'm sure everyone wears it."

Nobuhiko: "No. My father crafted the design himself. No racer in the world would bother copy it."

Takanori: "I guess you are attached to your father, huh? I see. You know what, let's go for a ride, shall we?"

The two head over to the apartment where Takanori lives in Ropponggi. They enter in his white R35 GT-R.

The R35 blitzes by the Shuto Expressway, taking advantage of the very light traffic.

8231388146_816baf798b_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I'm sure you would feel the same, right? Both of us were so close to our fathers."

Takanori: "A brawl does not solve anything. I understand your situation, but a brawl is not necessary."

Nobuhiko: "It's just..."

8230325429_fa914e467e_c.jpg

Then he breaks into tears.

Nobuhiko: "...I miss my father so much!"

Takanori: "There, there... You know, he's always in your heart. Just think that he's always on your side."

Nobuhiko: "He's the best father in the world. He knows what I want and we always have a bonding. I can't believe that he's gone... and forgotten by many, that's why I'm very upset. An imitation like that is a grave insult! The very reason I race is because I want everyone to remember how great my father was."

Takanori: "Your family name... you know, whenever you win, you also bring pride to your father. That's already a fulfillment on your part. I'm sure your father is very proud of what you achieved so far."

Nobuhiko: "And also... I am also struggling to... Oh never mind."

Takanori: "You have to share it. You can't keep those feelings bottled up inside you."

Nobuhiko takes a deep breath.

Nobuhiko: "There were times that Mom and Dad would have a quarrel. Yes, I can hear them while I'm sleeping. When I caught them in the act once, they lied to me that they're acting. But who is doing that in the middle of the night, with a very angry tone of voice? Though they would act the next day like nothing happened. I don't know if they have settled it or not. Even today, Mom does not even make a mention of Dad. She's been like that for 15 years. It's a sign that they haven't worked it out at all, and that's what pains me."

Takanori: "No child in the world would want to see his parents fight."

Nobuhiko: "I failed to bring them back together, and that's another source of my pain."

Takanori: "Look buddy, failures happen. But it's time to move on. What's past is past. Don't think of them. You're very lucky that you have loving parents despite the fact that they were quarreling. They love you, and that's the most important thing. And now, at least you're spilling out everything, and that's a great way to make yourself feel good."

The R35 hits 315 km/h as top speed.

8230325249_dfa3a0ff58_c.jpg

Takanori: "It's really addicting... this feeling of speed whenever you ride in a GT-R."

Nobuhiko: "Thank you, Takanori-san. I feel better now..."

Takanori: "No problem! Just remember, keep on smiling!"

Nobuhiko shows a smile to Takanori.

Takanori: "There, see? A smile can make you and the others feel better."

The next day, Kaido once again puts the Elise to the test, this time on Mt. Aso.

8230326701_5545a2a981_c.jpg

Kaido: "Heh, mountain passes like this is never a chore for the Elise."

8230326477_1410b407b3_c.jpg

Kaido: "You picked out a perfect gift. That's all I can say..."

8231388744_91fbda52df_c.jpg

Upon steering, the car instantly reacts thanks to its featherweight body.

8230325905_503909c5ba_c.jpg

He stops by at a cafe. The moment he stepped out of the car, he is surprised to see Hiroyuki taking a canned drink from the vending machine.

Kaido: "Oh, so you've been wandering all along, huh?"

Hiroyuki: "It's been a while, Kaido."

Kaido: "I wonder what will your son react if he sees you."

Hiroyuki: "He already did yesterday."

Kaido: "Heh, so was it a nice reunion?"

Hiroyuki: "He charged at me with a punch, thinking I was an impostor. I was wearing my race suit and helmet."

Kaido: "Oh you. Are you planning for a grand reunion?"

Hiroyuki: "Of course! In Suzuka Circuit, that is."

Kaido: "You were once hailed as Suzuka's Fastest. I wonder if your son can take that title away from you."

Hiroyuki: "I want to see that happen. But more importantly, I want to talk to him..."

Kaido: "Of course. As a father, you should. And also, I think he really needs you on his side. I'm really worried."

Hiroyuki: "Why?"

Kaido: "Don't tell your son that I told you this, okay? Your son is on the verge of death."

Hiroyuki: "Death?"

Kaido: "He will die soon, he said. He has been battling pancreatic cancer for over a year. And it's too late... he has been planning for his death all along. Because he asks for nothing more. And that he had fulfilled his wishes."

Hiroyuki: "I see..."

End of Page 5

Page 6 - Hiroyuki's Call

The next day, the Dream Alliance are at Takanori's apartment room in Ropponggi. They watch his segment in a motoring show.

Takanori: "I'm kinda nervous."

Takuma: "I will count the bloopers you'll make."

Ricky: "What car are you reviewing, Takanori-san?"

Takuma: "Another GT-R."

Ricky: "Eh?"

Then Nobuhiko comes out from the bathroom and joins them in the living room.

Nobuhiko: "Sorry guys. Took me too long in the bathroom."

Ricky: "Wow, you can speak straight English! Keep it up!"

Nobuhiko: "Thank you."

Takanori: "At least you're learning it! Actually, I find studying English very hard. When I was studying it, I am struggling to make a correct sentence, but practicing it will make you well-versed in it."

Ricky: "Yep. And now, Takanori-san speaks English like you would hear from a British or an American."

Takuma: "Oh, there you are now."

Kenta: "Greetings! I am Kenta Fujiwara and welcome once again to Motoring Weekly! Today, I have a very special guest today. He is called by everyone as "The Godzilla Keeper" and he is currently running a racing team named "The Dream Alliance"! Without further adieu, let us welcome Takanori Kanonji!"

Takanori: "It's such an honor to be in this show! Good day, everyone!"

Kenta: "So, what are your plans for racing?"

Takanori: "For now, the racing season is off to a short break, so I don't know what exactly the organizers have in store for us."

Kenta: "You know, this is a perfect opportunity to test a very special car. This was used in the 24 Hours of Nurburgring!"

Takanori: "Wow! What is it?"

Kenta: "I shall present to you the GT-R N24!"

Takanori: "Pretty mean, if you ask me. It's such a domineering car to look at."

Kenta: "Everyone would want to see this car run by The Godzilla Keeper!"

Takanori: "All right then. Shall I drive it?"

Kenta: "Okay."

8231158749_26e481baa7_c.jpg

Takanori: "This feels funny..."

8231158595_dd65ff4df8_c.jpg

Takanori: "The car would tend to oversteer, but it instantly kicks back into place. This can slow me down."

8232220924_012c33f100_c.jpg

Takanori: "I can only say that this is decent. Nothing special on it despite the fact that weight is trimmed down by 30 kilograms. To be honest, I can beat this with my stock R35 GT-R."

The test is over, and Takanori joins again with the host.

Kenta: "So, how's the car?"

Takanori: "Hmmmmm.... Perhaps they should really work on this one if they want to win the 24 Hours of Nurburgring. Even a stock R35 GT-R can beat this."

Kenta: "Really!? Okay, so that's what you hear from The Godzilla Keeper! He's very well-versed into GT-Rs, eh?"

Takanori: "A bit more tuning would do. That will I suggest."

Kenta: "Thank you for being here on such short notice. You can be a host on this show! Haha!"

Takanori: "Ahahahaha!"

Kenta: "Thank you, Takanori-san. Well, Motoring Weekly will be back after the commercial break."

The commercial break commences and they have a coffee break.

Takuma: "That was a bit harsh of you."

Takanori: "Well, I have to be honest. You have to be honest in front of the camera!"

Takuma: "Come to think of it, it looks a bit slow."

Ricky: "Yeah."

Meanwhile, Hiroyuki is cruising along the Shuto Expressway to kill boredom.

8231159069_fa58203b18_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "That's it, I will call out Nobuhiko. I have to see him before he can die... it's really sad."

8231158999_1fde7a926d_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I have to cheer him up through that race."

He exits the expressway and heads down to a convenience store nearby.

Coincidentally, Ricky is going there too. And he sees that Supra.

8232221344_242756d474_c.jpg

Ricky: "Another souped-up Supra. Wait, Castrol livery and same number as Nobuhiko-san's Supra? Don't tell me..."

Then he sees Hiroyuki come out. The two briefly stare at each other, and then Hiroyuki quickly gets back in the car. The car leaves in an instant.

Ricky: "An old man? He has good taste, though...."

Nobuhiko arrives in his home. He gets the house's keys in the bag to open up the door since his mother left to visit her relatives in the other prefecture.

Then he notices a note squeezed at the gap of the door. Nobuhiko takes it out.

"Let us race, Nobuhiko. Meet me in Suzuka next week and bring out that Supra of yours. Oh, if you're asking who this is, I am the so-called IMPOSTOR that beat you up soundly. You'll get to know me once we race..."

Nobuhiko: "If it's a race you want, you shall have it! All right then, I'll be up to take the challenge! You'll witness the power of Hiramoto!"

He unlocks the door and he takes the letter with him. He puts his hand on his abdomen since it's cracking up with pain.

Nobuhiko: "Before I go to heaven, I'll beat you first!!!"

End of Page 6

Page 7 - The Explosive 2JZ-GTE!

So the next day, the Dream Alliance members meet in the Kanonji residence. They are surprised by Nobuhiko's sudden announcement of racing in Suzuka.

Takanori: "Really? Wait, are you sure it's legit?"

Ricky: "Yeah, maybe that person wants to fool you out of fun."

Nobuhiko: "I must not back out. I can feel the pressure. I think he's no ordinary impostor."

Takuma: "Well, he asked you to bring out your Supra. I'm sure it's a race."

Ricky: "Speaking of which, I saw another Supra last night. It has a widebody kit with a large GT wing. And it has a Castrol livery with the number 36 too!"

Nobuhiko: "Then it was..."

8182099597_803605d406_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I knew it."

Ricky: "Some old man is driving it."

Nobuhiko: "Old man?"

Ricky: "That's all there is to it. Sorry for changing the subject, guys."

Takanori: "Anyways, let us help Nobuhiko prepare for the race."

It's the big day. Nobuhiko is putting his race suit and helmet in his traveling bag. He looks at the mirror and around the room.

Nobuhiko: "This is the last time I'll be able to enjoy this room. I sorted it out in the best possible way."

He sets out carrying his bag. After descending the stairs, he looks at his mother.

Nobuhiko: "Mom, I'm leaving."

Kyoko: "Oh. What do you want for dinner?"

Nobuhiko: "Don't bother making one. I'll eat dinner with my teammates."

Kyoko: "Okay."

Nobuhiko: "I wish you the best in your business. Ittekimasu..."

Nobuhiko gets out of the house, and his mother is bewildered.

Kyoko: "Huh? Oh well, he says the weirdest things."

Nobuhiko: "Farewell, mother..."

He gets in his Supra and leaves.

Meanwhile, at the Suzuka Circuit, the team is waiting for Nobuhiko to arrive. Then they see the Top Gun team arrive with Hiroyuki and his Supra. Ricky is very shocked.

Ricky: "That Supra!?"

Takanori: "What's the matter?"

Ricky: "That's the Supra I saw!"

The members of Top Gun set up Hiroyuki's Supra.

Ricky: "He's with Top Gun? I haven't seen him before..."

Takuma: "Looks like we've got one hell of an opponent. It'll all depend on driver skill."

Nobuhiko finally arrives. Upon stepping out of the car, he looks very much ready to race.

Nobuhiko: "I'm waiting for the opponent."

Then he is shocked to see Hiroyuki's Supra heading out of the pit lane.

Nobuhiko: "He's driving that Supra!?"

Takanori: "Junbi wa ii?" (Are you ready?)

Nobuhiko: "Hai." (Yes.)

Ricky: "Gambatte!"

Before Nobuhiko gets in the car, his pancreas suddenly aches. Nobuhiko puts his hand on his abdomen.

Nobuhiko: "Aaaaah!"

Ricky: "Hey, you okay?"

Nobuhiko just shows a thumbs up upon getting in the car.

The two cars line up at the starting grid. The two drivers look at each other briefly while Gina heads up to the post to do the countdown.

Gina: "Okay, let's turn it up!"

The two Supras rev their engines. Ricky notices the difference of the exhaust notes.

Ricky: "Nobuhiko-san's opponent has a different sound."

Takanori: "You noticed that too? That's the sound coming from the 2JZ-GTE motor!"

Ricky: "So his opponent has the original engine?"

Takanori: "Correct."

Gina: "3! 2! 1! GO!!!"

The two Supras set off. Since Hiroyuki's Supra has the powerful 2JZ-GTE engine, it easily sets the gap away from Nobuhiko's Supra.

8232519162_c99020188e_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Fast! Very fast!"

Hiroyuki: "My Supra has 650 horsepower! Witness the power of the mighty 2JZ-GTE!!!"

At the consecutive corners, Nobuhiko struggles to keep up. Thanks to the 2JZ-GTE's power and torque, it allows Hiroyuki's Supra to exit out of the corners like a rocket as well.

8232518856_04ac4ff109_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I'm in big trouble here! Last time I raced that Supra, I can't keep up with it! What shall I do?"

8232518652_f05a1c5934_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "What's the matter, son? Where's your high spirits? 15 years ago, you were an energetic kid!"

8232518392_f1ec86c8f3_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I can't risk all of the tire grip just to keep up! I must come up with a strategy!"

8231455985_dd86b6a6cb_c.jpg

Hiroyuki's Supra start the 2nd lap with a large gap away from Nobuhiko's Supra.

Takanori: "Man, the 2JZ-GTE is a powerhouse!"

Takuma: "Indeed. It's said to be the RB26DETT's rival."

Ricky: "Yeah, it's also a popular engine choice for drag racing."

Takanori: "In stock form, it already has 46 kgm of torque! The R34's RB26DETT only has 40 kgm in stock."

8232517880_918dc29ab1_c.jpg

Takuma: "But one has to utilize the 2JZ-GTE's prowess properly. It's a great weapon when exiting out of the corners if you control the accelerator properly. Nobuhiko is at a disadvantage already. The 3S-GTE engine in his Supra can only max out at 570 HP. Probably his opponent has a lot more..."

8232517606_03bd21d133_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "To be honest, you already made me proud... I am very eager to talk to you. I want to explain everything. It's okay if you get mad and punch at me. I'll take it..."

However, Nobuhiko's pancreas aches up greatly once again that he lost his concentration and go off course.

Nobuhiko: "Aaaaaahhhh!!! Not now!!!"

8232517374_a849a72c48_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Hah... hah..."

He slams his fist on the steering wheel and engages in first gear. He is now more determined to keep up.

8232517162_5bfa171187_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Temee... I'm not gonna give up! I'll use my remaining strength..."

8231454813_682f41228d_c.jpg

...to defeat you once and for all!!!"

End of Page 7

Page 8 - Tear

Another lap has started, and the team notices the significant gap between the two Supras.

Ricky: "Oh no... This will turn bad for Nobuhiko-san."

Takanori: "Don't lose hope! I know him. He's just as determined to win like me. He may be silent, but he has flames of determination!"

Takuma: "There is hope. The 2JZ-GTE has a share of weaknesses as well."

Ricky: "What is it?"

Takuma: "It's heavy. Because of that, turbo lag is inevitable. You might be wondering why it wasn't used in the JGTC. Because of its sheer weight, the Supra's weight balance is disturbed. Hence the 3S-GTE engine was the solution. And it was one hell of a solution. The 3S-GTE provided better weight distribution since it's lighter. And it helped the Supra win the races in its career before swapping it out for the V8 engine."

Takanori: "I see. That answers the mystery that I had in mind. When I was playing Gran Turismo, I'm shocked to see that JGTC Supras have a smaller engine."

Ricky: "Amazing analysis, Takuma-san!"

8233803342_b3d00992c3_c.jpg

8233803080_45891fbc38_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Heh... this is where the lightweight 3S-GTE engine comes to play. I may have less power, but being lighter means that it's more responsive!"

8233802794_fedfd0588e_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "You're falling behind? That's so not you..."

8233802544_c98963b480_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I can see him!"

He floors the accelerator, and the twin turbo system installed in the 3S-GTE spools up in an instant thanks to the light weight nature of the engine. Exiting out of the corners turns out to be a breeze.

Nobuhiko: "I am just evening the odds. Just wait..."

He is enduring the intense pain of his abdomen. He concentrates, since winning matters to him.

Nobuhiko: "I have to hold on. My time is very short... I'll be happy even if I just overtake him!"

Then Hiroyuki is taken by surprise upon seeing his son already behind him.

8233802264_9d3c73c96d_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "It can't be! Heh.... I remember driving that Supra. It really is a responsive car. Oh how I miss driving that Supra, Nobuhiko. It serves you well, meaning you deserve it. I gotta commend you!"

At the hairpin, Nobuhiko intentionally taps his opponent's rear end.

8232738227_b93d3a3fcc_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Ahh.... I used to do that before. You really inherited a lot from me, eh? You wanna play? Then let us play!"

Hiroyuki floors the throttle in an instant after the corner. It once again spreads the gap.

However, upon braking, his Supra's brakes locked up and he swerves away. As a result, Nobuhiko manages to overtake.

8233801710_2b77ac6219_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Hah! Take that!"

Hiroyuki: "Nice move, son."

8232737701_36b7b7babe_c.jpg

At the straight, he manages to keep up with his son. However, his Supra understeers at the 130R corner.

Hiroyuki: "Damn... I think the front tires are giving up."

8232737517_e11e3d946a_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "The 2JZ-GTE is a powerful engine, all right; but it's heavy that your front tires suffer easily! My Supra has better weight distribution!"

8232737273_29061d7a96_c.jpg

Hiroyuki's Supra then suffers from turbo lag after another understeer.

Hiroyuki: "Errrr..."

8233800826_0346dca162_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I did it..."

His disease takes a toll on him that he has to stop. He smiles since he is contented on overtaking his opponent.

8233800562_d03444e5ec_c.jpg

Hiroyuki stops his car as well.

Takanori: "Why did they stop?"

Gina: "What in the world is happening?"

Then Nobuhiko gets out of his car and puts his helmet on the hood. He weakly walks and then raises his arm to show a thumbs up as a sign of success. However, he falls down.

Takanori: "Nobuhiko!!!"

He, Ricky, and Takuma run for it. However, Hiroyuki gets out of the car, running and he manages to catch his son. He raised his helmet's visor. Nobuhiko looks up and finally recognizes his father.

Nobuhiko: "O...Otoosan?"

Hiroyuki: "It's been 15 years, Nobuhiko."

Nobuhiko: "You're... looking after me all along?"

Hiroyuki: "I am very eager to see you..."

Nobuhiko: "This... is... the happiest day of my life. I'm very glad to see you again in my last moments."

Nobuhiko's teammates arrive.

Ricky: "Hey! An ambulance is on its way! Just hang on!"

Nobuhiko: "Ricky-san... it was fun... learning English. You are a great sensei."

Ricky: "Don't talk, okay? Save your strength!"

Nobuhiko: "Takanori-san... here's for you."

He weakly raises his right arm and shows Takanori his thumbs up.

Nobuhiko: "I have achieved everything I need. I ask for nothing more... I hope the team becomes the fastest in the world... even without me."

Takanori: "Hey! You'll be able to witness it too!"

Nobuhiko: "Yes, but I'll be in heaven when that happens..."

Takanori starts to shed tears from his eyes.

Takanori: "Don't say that! You are Japan's fastest driver! We will fulfill our dreams together!"

Nobuhiko: "I already did. And thank you, for helping me achieving a lot. You are a very great friend. I wish you all the best..."

He looks up to his father again.

Nobuhiko: "Sayonara, minna..." (Farewell, everyone...)

His right arm plops down on his chest as Nobuhiko dies with a smile. Takanori could not fight back his tears.

Takanori: "Shikkari shiro! Shikkari shiro!" (Snap out of it!)

A ray of light shines on Nobuhiko's face. Then Hiroyuki notices a single tear that flowed out from Nobuhiko's eye.

Hiroyuki: "That tear... it symbolizes his happiness. Happiness not only from seeing me again, but also happiness from fulfillment. He had fulfilled everything for me. I'm such a bad father..."

Hiroyuki carries the dead Nobuhiko on his arms and walks away.

Ricky: "Where are you going?"

Hiroyuki: "I am his father. I want to spend the last moments alone with my son even just for a while."

End of Page 8

Page 9 - Advanced Birthday Gift

Hours after the death of Nobuhiko, the news quickly spread like wildfire, eventually reaching to media. It's been the topic of discussion by many.

In the bakeshop, Kasumi is too busy sorting out the inventories that she had missed the news. Her coworkers simply could not tell the tragic event. As she comes out from the kitchen to put the newly-baked breads in the display, she sees her coworkers in a worrying mood.

Kasumi: "What's wrong?"

Then Daisuke comes in, also in a depressed mood.

Daisuke: "Kasumi... have you heard?"

Kasumi: "Heard what?"

Daisuke: "N... Nobu's..."

Kasumi: "What's with Nobu-kun?"

Daisuke: "Just come with me tomorrow, okay? I'll take you to him."

Then he gets out of the bakeshop in tears.

Daisuke: "Nobu... forgive me. I'm sure she'll cry if she finds out. But I can't lie to her either."

The next day, the Dream Alliance members meet at the Kanonji residence, all dressed in black. Takanori then carries Nobuhiko's helmet with him.

Takanori: "Shall we go?"

Ricky: "Okay, let's head out."

The three head to the funeral wake. They see Kyoko very depressed and her relatives are trying to console her.

Takanori puts the helmet on casket full of flowers. He takes one last look at Nobuhiko resting peacefully still with a smile.

Takanori: "Nobuhiko left us with a smile. I told him to smile despite what he went through. If only I could have done something to save him."

Ricky: "Even though it was short, Nobuhiko-san and I had a great time together. He's such a nice guy, despite being silent."

Takuma: "We lost our team's greatest asset. No one could ever match him... not even us."

Daisuke and Kasumi arrive. Kasumi suddenly breaks into tears and cries out loud when she holds and hugs the helmet.

Kasumi: "Why? Why do you have to go!? I love you so much!"

Daisuke could do nothing but to fight back his tears.

Daisuke: "Sorry, Nobu... I broke my promise."

After an hour when everyone has settled down and are talking to each other, Hiroyuki finally arrives. His wife stands up and just observe him. Hiroyuki looks at his son. Then his wife goes at his side.

Hiroyuki: "I have the right to see him even in his last moments."

Kyoko: "I know. I think you deserve it. Now, do you feel the sorrow? Do you still have the love even after 15 years have passed?"

Hiroyuki simply gets out of the wake. When he got out, he leans on the wall and breaks down in tears.

Hiroyuki: "Forgive me, Nobuhiko... How I wish I was in your side while growing up. I could have done something to save you."

Kaido arrives and approaches Hiroyuki.

Kaido: "You really love your son, huh?"

Hiroyuki: "He was very happy to see me in his last moments. I forgot to apologize to him. I think I am the worst father in the world."

Kaido: "I treat Nobuhiko like my own son. He's such a very promising and talented man. You are not the worst father in the world, you know? Proof? He was very happy to see you again."

Hiroyuki: "I can't think of a way to redeem from what I've done."

Kaido pats on Hiroyuki's shoulder and heads inside. Upon seeing Takanori, he sits with him and shows him a car key.

Takanori: "Lotus?"

Kaido: "It's his advanced birthday gift you. Knowing fully well that he is about to die, he had done this as his way of thanks to you. He idolized you a lot and you were his inspiration."

Takanori: "Kaido-san, he will always be the fastest racer in Japan. I could never beat him. But I am very happy to spend moments with him and you could never replace a valuable asset like him."

Kaido: "Come, I shall show you to the car."

The two head out and Takanori is amazed at what he saw.

8234025619_c24bffda0a_c.jpg

Takanori: "An Elise!?"

Kaido: "Heh, not just an ordinary Elise. Nobuhiko and I put a lot of effort in tuning it for you. There is a letter at the glove box."

Takanori unlocks the car and takes out the letter from the glove box and reads it.

"Takanori-san, I had such a wonderful time with you. You taught me a lot of important things in life. This is my way of saying thanks for helping me achieve my dreams. I hope this car would achieve you and your teammates' dreams. Advanced happy birthday, Takanori-san and Takuma-san. My teammates would always be the greatest persons I've ever known. I hope you would be the greatest racing team in the world even without me, and I could be watching you from above.

Sincerely yours,
Nobuhiko Hiramoto"

Takanori is in tears after reading the letter.

Takanori: "Thank you, Nobuhiko. Thank you!"

A week after the burial, the Dream Alliance along with Kaido set out at Twin Ring Motegi Road Course to test out the heavily-tuned Elise. They have the whole track for themselves. Kaido rides with Takanori upon testing the car's capabilities.

8235090610_bc05ff1e11_c.jpg

Takanori: "Whoa!!! This is just..."

8235090400_a722f4251a_c.jpg

Kaido: "You like it?"

Takanori: "Of course!"

Approaching the hairpin, Takanori brakes late taking advantage of the car's 720 kilograms of weight. Then he performs lightning-fast downshifts.

8235090212_b3564f1211_c.jpg

He steers to the right, but he controls the steering input.

Takanori: "It's like driving an F1 car! It turns so sharp, that too much of it can lead to oversteer! I have to control the steering input."

8235089982_1d7f2b758f_c.jpg

Takanori: "It pains me to say this, but..."

8234024375_d233c3e0a0_c.jpg

Takanori: "...this handles better than any GT-R!"

It had done a lap time of 1 minute and 58.7 seconds only in sports tires. After a few laps, Takanori decides to take a break.

Takanori: "Man, this is way better than my Roadster!"

Takuma: "Seems that Nobuhiko has far more taste than you."

Kaido: "The car has 320 HP with the help of a turbo."

Takanori: "Yeah, and the boost seems okay. I think it's appropriate."

Ricky: "All Lotuses are fun to drive, in short."

Takanori: "Indeed!"

Kaido: "Nobuhiko and I had fun tuning this little monster. I miss him very much..."

Takanori: "We all miss him very much. And I'll make sure that I won't let him down!"

He raises his right arm and shows a thumbs up at the bright sun.

Takanori: "Thumbs up for you, Nobuhiko!"

End of Page 9

Last edited:
Page 10 -That Annoying Leprechaun!

Since it's her day-off, Kasumi stays home, still in grief. After doing the usual chores in her home alone, she returns to her room and opens up her Facebook account that hasn't been opened for some time. To kill her boredom, she checks her notifications one-by-one, until she stumbles upon Nobuhiko's post in her timeline. She clicks it and the post was dated the day before Nobuhiko died. The post is written as:

"I knew what happened to you. And it was wrong. Really wrong. But I don't have the right to get mad at you because....

....I love you. Take care and I hope you live happily with your child.

She bursts into tears upon reading it.

Kasumi: "Nobu-kun.... you've forgiven me. I promise.... to take care of my unborn child even though he was an accident... That's the only way I could return your feelings. Thank you..."

Then she hears a doorbell. She peeks at the window and sees that Daisuke is the visitor. She dresses up and then lets him in.

Daisuke: "Hey, how are you?"

Kasumi: "I'm okay."

Daisuke: "Are you sure? Being depressed is not good for your unborn child."

Kasumi: "I'm okay. Besides, I'm in the mood for shopping. Let's go!"

She happily drags Daisuke and the two go out together.

Meanwhile, the Dream Alliance members once again meet in Kanonji Mochi shop. Ricky looks at the seat where Nobuhiko used to sit whenever they meet.

Ricky: "It feels... awkward."

Takuma: "Why?"

Ricky: "It's like we're waiting for someone, but we're not. I'm so used to us having a complete attendance."

Takanori: "Yeah. So true."

Then Takanori looks at the bright green Elise parked outside the shop.

Takanori: "That Elise, is one of the ways on how we can remember Nobuhiko."

Takuma: "I never knew that he such a good tuner. And it's one hell of a gift."

Ricky: "The Elise always has been a stellar performer. You'd never expect that one biting the heels of the more expensive supercars."

Out of a sudden, Hiroyuki gets in the shop.

Takanori: "Hiroyuki-san."

Hiroyuki: "Takanori-kun, I'm here to inform that there will be a race on the weekend. It's been organized by FIA and you are invited. I know it's awkward to have an opposing team member here informing your team about it; but I am doing this for my son's sake. I want him to see his dreams fulfilled, and this is one of the ways to do it."

Takanori: "Ummmm.... Thank you for the information. I'm sure you miss your son a lot too."

Hiroyuki: "I am really a bad father. I wish I can turn back time and spend those 15 years along with him."

Takuma: "We will join that race, definitely. Is it really okay for you to meet with us here?"

Hiroyuki: "Like I said, I am doing this for my son's sake. As a matter of fact..."

Hiroyuki throws away the Top Gun insignia.

Hiroyuki: "...I'm here for an audition."

Takanori then shows a grin.

Takanori: "Heh, you're in."

Takanori stands up. Then he and Hiroyuki perform a handshake.

Takanori: "Welcome aboard! Together, we will fulfill our dreams in The Dream Alliance! You and your son's dreams, we will make sure that they will be fulfilled!"

Hiroyuki: "I will continue what my son has started."

At the weekend, the Dream Alliance is now at Deep Forest Raceway. Takanori feels nostalgia as he sets up the car.

Takanori: "Ahhhh.... This track started off my racing career with a bang. What a perfect opportunity to make someone proud."

Hiroyuki: "You're right. You know, I am already feeling at home here..."

Takanori: "Why? Does the Top Gun members treat you differently?"

Hiroyuki: "It's not that. It's just that I feel a caring atmosphere here. You reminded me very much of your father."

Takanori: "You know my father?"

Hiroyuki: "Yes. He, Ben McCarthy and I were teammates back then. Being here in your team brings back those memories."

Takanori: "Wow.... So it's like we're the 2nd generation?"

Hiroyuki: "Exactly. Time to re-live the glory days!"

At the other side of the pit lane, Gina is putting her race suit on. Then James and Romeo have finished setting up the Jaguar XJ13.

James: "Careful, Gina. This is a very expensive car."

Gina: "Oh I will."

Romeo: "That old man left us? Gina, make sure that he'll regret it!"

Gina: "Whatever. I race because I want to have fun and win, not to avenge on something."

She gets in the car and starts it up.

Back in the Dream Alliance's pit garage, Takuma enters to inform them of the start.

Takuma: "It's time. Are you ready, Takanori?"

Takanori: "Locked and Loaded!"

Hiroyuki pats the back of Takanori.

Hiroyuki: "Good luck."

Ricky: "Hey, the race is about to start! You'd better get going, Takanori-san!"

Takanori enters the Elise and sets off.

The race will start in a rolling manner.

8236667338_c776dffab8_c.jpg

8236667048_d211369cce_c.jpg

Takanori: "Oh dear... these are my opponents? Looks like we have a challenge here, my little monster!"

Then the race starts. Obviously, the Elise has a power disadvantage, but its very light weight allows Takanori to brake late, overtaking a GT-R in the first corner.

8235601887_daf3a4edb6_c.jpg

Takanori: "Sorry... I'm not driving a GT-R right now. I'm driving this Elise for someone else's dream! I will continue it!"

At the high ranks, Gina seems to have fun.

8235601559_62855b5363_c.jpg

Gina: "I'm starting to love this car! You bought one hell of a ride, James!"

Then Takanori rises up the ranks as well, catching his opponents off-guard.

8236666216_4b38bc15ff_c.jpg

Takanori: "Can't believe that this little thing is trolling you right now?"

8236665980_67c2905eff_c.jpg

Takanori: "All right, this is getting good!"

Then Hiroyuki communicates with Takanori via the radio.

Hiroyuki: "How's the car?"

Takanori: "It's great, Hiroyuki-san!"

Hiroyuki: "Gina Matsuri is an observant woman. She first analyzes her opponent's skills and then takes advantage of whatever weakness you have. Stay sharp!"

Takanori: "Roger!"

8236665668_554889ec6f_c.jpg

Then he manages to overtake Gina.

8235600455_3eb6f387fb_c.jpg

Gina: "That leprechaun rises up the ranks? I'm sure those opponents were annoyed a lot. You know, I have a thing for someone like you, Takanori..."

The last opponent Takanori has to overtake is a Nissan Z33 LM.

8235600137_1e47152239_c.jpg

Takanori: "That Z is really something, huh? Let's play!"

Gina now commences her strategy.

8235599939_0c8ecbd74c_c.jpg

Gina: "I think you're really hot, Takanori. Though you being the father turned me off. That Elise of yours is very fascinating..."

End of Page 10

EDIT: I have removed the pics of the dark green Elise RM since I believe that I can't think of a story out of it. My apologies...

Last edited:
Page 11 - Fooled You!

Ricky just takes a look on Hiroyuki since he's new to the team and all, but the veteran racer just brushes it off.

Ricky: "You know, you are exactly like your son was. Even just by looks alone. Care to speak?"

Hiroyuki: "Aren't you the son of Ben McCarthy? Illegitimate, right?"

Ricky: "That's rather harsh, but that's true."

Hiroyuki: "Ben can be such a pervert, and too much of it created you. But he is a racer not to mess with back then."

Ricky: "I'm really proud of my father, even though I did not spend my entire life with him."

Hiroyuki: "I never realized that my son would be proud of me as well, despite the 15 years of desertion."

Ricky: "That's the very reason why he achieved a lot. You are his inspiration."

Hiroyuki: "And I have one huge task to fulfill."

Back in the race, Gina is still in her tactic, observing Takanori.

8235599763_0e9af310ee_c.jpg

Gina: "Having trouble overtaking that Z? It's no surprise, really. I can even overtake you anytime I want!"

Then at the main straight, she applies more pressure on the accelerator to overtake Takanori's Elise.

8236664356_84eac635e8_c.jpg

Gina: "You're mine!"

Takanori just smiles.

Takanori: "You still have lots to learn, Gina!"

Taking advantage of the Elise's weight, he brakes late once again, retaking 2nd place.

8235599211_16ef47d3fc_c.jpg

Gina: "Ugh, what should I have to learn from you? I don't even know why you have so many fans for someone so slow!"

8235598845_aabfe30320_c.jpg

Takanori: "Just a bit more..."

8236663454_821286be62_c.jpg

Then he simply floors it at the next corner. The Elise's high speed cornering easily overtakes the Z.

8236663220_226ce1e6ca_c.jpg

Takanori: "Let's see if you can keep up and gain more information from me! From here on, I'll show you a bit of what this little monster can do!"

Gina is taken by shock at the Elise's cornering abilities.

8236662936_77c5e8e843_c.jpg

Gina: "Damn! That was unexpected! The Elise gains so much gap from the corners!"

8236662622_208065731e_c.jpg

Takanori: "I can easily overtake the Z anytime, but knowing your strategy, I intended to mask this Elise's capabilities. Now that I'm far away, you think you can still analyze me? The Elise is just one of the favorite track toys. And it costs significantly less!"

8235597461_0c8050e298_c.jpg

He is far ahead of the pack, much to everyone's surprise.

8235597227_9b6ce105fa_c.jpg

Takanori: "Nobuhiko, you are a great friend... and a tuner. This car will surely help the team a lot in the future."

End of Page 11

Around tomorrow, I'll post the last page of Chapter 3. Chapter 4 is just around the corner, and it would be the last.

Page 12 - The Dawn of Glory

After the race, Takanori returns to the pits. He and Hiroyuki do a brofist.

Hiroyuki: "You did it, Michiharu Kanonji."

Takanori: "Just doing what am I supposed to do... heh."

Hiroyuki: "Those are the words your father always say whenever he wins a race."

Takanori: "I'm doing this for your son. And his effort of tuning this Elise has pulled off. He will always be Japan's fastest racer!"

Ricky: "All right! We won! And guess what, the organizers told us that we have secured a spot for the upcoming Nurburgring 24 Hours!"

Takanori: "That's great to hear! Nobuhiko will love hearing that too."

Ricky: "Yeah. It's time to show everyone what the power of dreams can do!"

A week after, they once again meet up in the Kanonji Mochi Shop in the morning. Tomoko recognizes Hiroyuki and then she happily gives the team
the latest Mochi flavor of the store.

Tomoko: "Hey everyone! Please try this new mango mochi flavor. It's kinda expensive, if you ask me, since Japan does not have mangoes."

Hiroyuki: "Hmmmmm.... it tastes good. It's said that my son usually buys mochi here. Anyway, aren't you Michiharu's wife?"

Tomoko: "Yes, Hiroyuki-san! It has been a while."

Hiroyuki: "Whenever I see your twins, they remind me of your husband and his unwavering determination."

Tomoko: "I am always proud of my children. No one can beat them, that's for sure!"

Takanori smiles and then he scratches his head.

Takanori: "Okaasan, I think you said too much on the "no one can beat" part... hehehehe."

Tomoko: "Oh, you. So, what are your plans, Hiroyuki-san?"

Hiroyuki: "I am now an official member of The Dream Alliance, hence I will stay with them and follow orders from the leader."

Takanori: "Me? Leader? Actually.... you are more of a leader. Because you have lots of experience! And you are just as skilled as your son."

Takuma: "Hmph. We will go back to Europe a couple of weeks from now. We will stay here for a while, planning for the upcoming Nurburgring 24 Hours."

Tomoko: "I see. I wish you all the best."

Hiroyuki: "You know what, this is the start of glory days once again. Hiramoto, Kanonji, and McCarthy have reunited. This time, with the new generation."

Takanori: "And you will be the one leading the flock, Hiroyuki-san. I think it's time for you to inspire us."

Ricky: "Wow... I never knew that you were our fathers' teammate back then."

Hiroyuki: "The glory days will be back... soon. And you shall be the witnesses."

Then everyone proceeds to taste the new Mochi.

At the afternoon, Hiroyuki is alone at the cemetery, standing on Nobuhiko's grave. He briefly spends a moment of silent prayer. Then he just looks at the sky.

Hiroyuki: "I miss you son... And I'm really, really sorry that I lied and our family has been like this. But I assure you, that everything will be back to normal. You did so much just to make me proud of you, and I really thank you for that. Now, it's time for me to make you proud, just like when you were a child. Rest assured, The Dream Alliance will be the fastest racing team in the world! Just watch me..."

Meanwhile, in a mountain pass in Tochigi Prefecture...

8250292227_97131cf856_c.jpg

8251360334_6f98ef1e45_c.jpg

"So, Hiroyuki Hiramoto is alive after all, huh?"

8251360114_bcdd772fa0_c.jpg

8251359836_c807ec2c10_c.jpg

"Perfect. It's time rekindle the flames of war. With this, I will make sure that I'll be on top this time!"

END OF CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 4 - THE GLORY DAYS​

With Hiroyuki Hiramoto at The Dream Alliance, he aims to continue what his son, Nobuhiko, had started. He now has the leadership of the team, and prepare themselves for the upcoming Nurburgring 24 Hours.

But first, he has a rivalry to settle...​

Page 1 - The Return

The Nurburgring 24 Hours race is just around the corner, and obviously racing teams are preparing themselves for that very prestigious race.

As for the The Dream Alliance...

8251303715_8deeaa117f_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "You have a bad taste, Kaido."

Kaido: "Why? Don't you like my Lambo?"

8252372764_259a911fc0_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "It's just... it doesn't look right. Why would someone add a GT wing on a Lambo?"

8252372630_b3b7ece82c_c.jpg

Kaido: "It has a purpose. So does the canards and the front lip spoiler."

Hiroyuki: "Whatever. You belong to those filthy rich kids who dress up their Ferraris and Lamborghinis and show them off in Ginza. As if their cars look better with those ghastly body kits and lighting."

Kaido: "People have different tastes, that's for sure. So, what are your plans now? You are the new leader of The Dream Alliance, right? Takanori told me that you have plans of joining the Nurburgring 24 Hours."

Hiroyuki: "We already confirmed our participation. We are here for a while in preparation for the race."

Kaido: "Bringing back the glory days, eh? Hmph, you're in for a jump start."

Hiroyuki: "What?"

Kaido: "He's back."

Hiroyuki: "Really? I see... I guess it is a jump start. This is one hell of a preparation."

Kaido: "I always follow your rivalry."

Hiroyuki: "I don't want him to impede in my plans, either. I want to settle it once and for all. I'm sure he's thinking the same thing now."

Kaido: "And how's your wife?"

Hiroyuki: "We haven't spoken again since Nobuhiko's death. But I'll fix things after that race. I made a promise to my son..."

Meanwhile, in a secluded race track in Shizuoka Prefecture, the rest of Dream Alliance members are present, tuning and testing the Elise. Takuma had tagged Ben along by request.

Takuma: "Takanori, once you're finished setting it up, I'll run it."

Ben: "Daddy, can I ride with you? I want to see you drive!"

Takuma: "Hmmmmm..."

Takanori: "Aniki, let him ride. That's one of the steps of being a good father. You're asking me how, right? Then let him ride."

Takuma: "Okay, then. Let's go!"

The father and son smile as they get in the car. Takuma straps in Ben first.

Takuma: "Sorry, but this will keep you in check. The 5-point harness is very helpful. It can be irritating at times, but you'll get used to it."

Ben: "No problem, Daddy! Shall we go?"

8252373658_1308c1fe34_c.jpg

Ben: "Woah!"

Takuma: "Someday, you'll get the feeling. You'll understand why I'm loving this."

8252373516_cea079b0b1_c.jpg

Ben: "My body... whenever this car turns, I am moving around. But this seatbelt tries to prevent me from moving too much!"

Takuma: "This car has lots of G forces when cornering. So watch yourself!"

Ben: "Eh?"

Takuma: "When you grow up, you'll know what G forces are. Hehehehe.... For now, you have to enjoy this moment."

8252373364_0a48ca920a_c.jpg

Ben: "Wow... even this fast, you can control the car?"

Takuma: "Of course. Race car drivers are trained to this type of thing. So then, I shall show you how to lose control of it!"

After downshifting, Takuma goes hard on the accelerator, and the car executes a power-over drift.

8251303987_499a2d2879_c.jpg

Ben: "Waaaaaaaahhhh!!!"

Takuma: "Ahahahahaha! Well, when you do racing when you grow up, you'll be doing this more often."

8252373060_d5dced187d_c.jpg

Ben: "At least I'm proud to say that I have the most awesome Daddy in the whole world! When I grow up, let's race together!"

Takuma: "I promise."

After a few laps, they take a break. Ben then grabs a tumbler of juice from the refrigerator inside one of the vans. He takes a sip and looks up to his father.

Takuma: "Had fun?"

Ben: "Of course!"

Then Takanori takes a can of soda from the van as well, and joins them.

Takanori: "You know, Aniki is a great father."

Takuma: "Oh sheesh, you praise too much, dummy. Ben could vomit anytime after the run."

Takanori: "The important thing is, you spent a quality time. That's what fathers should do, even though they spend a lot of time putting food on the table."

Takuma: "I see. Now I know what kind of gift I'll give to Ben on his birthday."

At evening, at the Shuto Expressway in Tokyo.

8252372486_9966769cda_c.jpg

"Hiroyuki, are you ready?"

8252372370_f320c70807_c.jpg

"We will settle this once and for all! I, Zhang Long, will be the fastest racer in the world!"

End of Page 1

I see what the RM'ed Tuscan looks like... and I think I might have found a car to use in my own fanfic for a later battle.

Page 2 - The Dragon of Route 5

Takanori and his wife and son have decided to go the Kanonji residence to have dinner. While Ben is playing with Takuharu and Makoto and Tomoko prepare dinner, Takanori is in his room and just playing with his guitar. Takuma gets in to interrupt.

Takuma: "I just got a call from Kaido."

Takuma: "Since he can't contact Hiroyuki-san, he decided to relay it to me instead."

Takanori: "What's it about?"

Takuma: "About some guy named Zhang Long returning to settle his rivalry with Hiroyuki-san."

Takanori: "Zhang Long?"

Takanori browses the FIA website and checks the list of approved racers. Zhang Long's name is in the list and Takanori clicks the link that reveals the information.

Takanori: "So, Zhang Long is born in China, but he spent most of his life in Hong Kong. He is 55 years old, and he had a good record so far."

But then, Takanori stumbles upon another piece of information about him upon scrolling down.

Takanori: "But then, he had an accident that lost his left eye in the process. After that incident, he just vanished from the racing world."

Takuma: "Interesting pieces of information."

Takanori: "But then, what makes them rivals?"

Takuma: "Let's just find out. Asking Hiroyuki-san won't be much of a trouble, since now we know that there is a rivalry. And he can't hide it from us anymore."

Takanori: "Yeah."

"Dinner time!"

Takanori: "Well, my wife's calling us out. Let's eat."

At Route 5, Hiroyuki decides to run the Elise since there is little to no traffic at all.

8252937711_0a000524b6_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Zhang Long.... how is it been? It's been 20 years since we last raced."

8254008582_181367c189_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "You can take out your anger on me as much you want since you lost your eye because of me. But you should blame yourself as well, for pushing too hard."

Then he stops to take a break. He puts the gear into neutral and raises the handbrake. Then he grabs a bottle of water from the cupholder and drinks it.

8254008326_6e12cae3c1_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Let's just finish this once and for all. I don't like you getting in my way of achieving my son's dreams. Win or lose, as long as it's settled. I want to see The Dragon of Route 5 in action again."

After drinking, he once again sets off.

Hiroyuki: "Yes, the Dragon of Route 5. He does street racing here as well. And this is also the route that ended his career for good. Ironic, isn't it? Persistence can sometimes be your demise."

End of Page 2

I see what the RM'ed Tuscan looks like... and I think I might have found a car to use in my own fanfic for a later battle.

Much as I love that Tuscan I wouldn't recommend it. Not exactly the best handling car in the world, even with the downforce. Speed 12 is much more hilarious!

Much as I love that Tuscan I wouldn't recommend it. Not exactly the best handling car in the world, even with the downforce. Speed 12 is much more hilarious!

I agree, even the Elise 111R RM has faster lap times. :D

Next page will be up later.

Page 3 - Advantage

After eating dinner, Takanori heads outside, waiting for Hiroyuki to arrive. It's rather cold, and Takanori just kicks some small rocks to keep him from being bored while waiting. Takuma then arrives and shakes his twin.

Takanori: "Hiroyuki-san is taking too long."

Takuma: "I'm sure he knows how to take of the car. Besides, let him enjoy what his son had put a lot of effort into. It's his only way of remembering."

Takanori: "You're right."

Takuma: "Though I think he's off to face that Zhang guy. I know of someone who frequents at Route 5 and spots racers there. Hold on a second."

He grabs his smartphone from his pocket and calls up his acquaintance.

Takuma: "Hello? Anything happening in Route 5?"

"It's rather peaceful here. Though I am seeing a brightly-colored tuned car roaring by in these past days."

Takuma: "Is it bright green?"

"No. It's bright blue..."

Takuma: "I see."

Obviously, I can't tell what car it is since it's fast and all. Why ask that all of a sudden? I thought you're not interested in Route 5's street races."

Takuma: "Nah. It's nothing. Just asking how are you doing."

"I'm doing well. I'll let you know if something's up. See ya."

The call ends. A gust of wind suddenly blows by.

Takuma: "There's no race tonight."

Takanori: "I wonder where did that old man head off to? I'm sure he's not doing anything drastic, is he?"

Takuma: "Who knows? Nah, let him be. Let that old man enjoy the time of his life."

Meanwhile, Hiroyuki stops by at a park and then grabs a cigarette. He looks at the quiet surroundings while smoking. In a twist of fate, Zhang is driving by, and he is rather delighted to see Hiroyuki that he had to stop as well.

Zhang: "It's been 20 years, Hiroyuki. Never thought that I'd see you again."

Hiroyuki: "Me too. So, what happened to your left eye, then? You seem to be very healthy."

Zhang: "I had an eye transplant. So, I heard that your son died. I shall extend my sincerest condolences. Your son's racing skills reminded me very much of you."

Hiroyuki: "I don't need your sympathy. Let's face it, you blame me that you lost your left eye."

Zhang: "Part of it, yes. But there is a major reason why I resent you so much."

Hiroyuki: "Oh please. I'm already old, as if I can remember."

Zhang: "You have rejected me from your racing team in the past. You were my idol back then, and I took up studying racing just to get close to you. But then... you just shunned away from me. Then I have realized something... that you can't just place all your trust and admiration to everyone. Your life doesn't depend on someone. You have to make it on your own, and that's what I did to reach this far. Now, I am here to break that winning streak of yours. You are always the winner, and you are very conceited."

Hiroyuki: "Hmph. Nice speech. I've never heard better speeches before. I have a reason why I rejected you."

Zhang: "Then why?"

Hiroyuki: "Let me convey that through a race. Here and now. You'll find the reason."

Zhang: "Let's finish this once and for all. This time, I'll make sure that you'll kneel and beg for forgiveness."

Hiroyuki: "Sure. And if I win, I'll take out your new eye and crush it right in front of you."

Zhang: "All right then. I get to choose where to race. We'll start from Route 7, and then we'll enter Route 5 and do 2 laps around it."

Hiroyuki: "Sounds perfect."

Zhang: "You think that Elise has potential? Let's find out if it can keep up with my TVR."

After a brief silence, the wind blows by and leaves go along with it. Then the two get in their cars and head up to Route 7.

Upon arrival, the two cars just stop, and Zhang intentionally allows Hiroyuki to take the pole position.

8254884028_2eab772131_c.jpg

Then Takuma's acquaintance gets reports of 2 cars about to race in Route 7. So he heads up there and manages to see those two cars before setting off. And when they did, he recognizes them both and immediately calls up Takuma.

"Hey Takuma! There is a race! In Route 7, though. It's a bright green Lotus Elise and a bright blue TVR Tuscan Speed 6! They're heading to Route 5!"

Takuma: "Really? I'll be there!"

Takuma: "Hiroyuki-san is racing against someone. Let's head to Route 5 to check it out."

Takanori: "Got it! Let's hurry!"

They get in Takuma's FD3S and head off to Route 5.

In the race, the TVR's power advantage is clearly demonstrated.

8253811079_77c60f5971_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "TVRs are light and powerful. I am no match in this type of road."

8254883790_b040b04082_c.jpg

Zhang: "I will show you the results of my experience! You have beaten me lots of times before, but it's time to turn the tables! Your puny Elise does not stand a chance!"

8253810789_448ac9657b_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "We're entering Route 5 through this ramp. I just hope you use that big advantage you have right now, Zhang."

8254883506_b75f100a4a_c.jpg

Zhang: "What's the matter? I thought you are one of Japan's fastest racers? Lost your pride? Hah, your glory days are now over!"

End of Page 3

Back