The Earth is Flat?

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 1,439 comments
Just once, I'd like to see the words "homemade rocket" and "disaster" not used in the same sentence.

It's tough enough manufacturing your own car, let alone a rocket. Of course it's crazy, but space programs start somewhere...but perhaps one should test it on monkeys first. (I know, Russia used a dog.)

I don't agree with those nutty views but if you're going to prove a point in a totally crazy way, there's really not much of a more of an insane, showy, and impressive way to do it than to blast off into the sky.

Last edited:
Miss Baker and Norman's wedding was attended by over 500 school children and the ceremony was performed by Judge Dan McCoy. Despite rumors that this was her third husband, only two can be confirmed.
:lol:

Awesome article though 👍 Deepest respect to the monkeynauts.

I don't agree with those nutty views but if you're going to prove a point in a totally crazy way, there's really not much of a more of an insane, showy, and impressive way to do it than to blast off into the sky.
Sure, but what point? That gravity's a bitch?

Sure, but what point? That gravity's a bitch?
Wait wait, you mean...

WU75lM0J5GuLZtv_sr-irJWbn3xakomiAf89NW5o8UxTiBTwdMlCo8sx-J8dyRR8Mkj7k6jWZ4gLaoIEHCf3pMk-DSM

...I had a good chuckle watching this earlier. Thought that I should share the mirth as well.

The cringing expression on the scientist bloke is especially memorable.

...I had a good chuckle watching this earlier. Thought that I should share the mirth as well.

The cringing expression on the scientist bloke is especially memorable.

3:30 - "I would say, when it gets to a certain point, they're all involved."

That's where I was done. The sooner you invoke a grand coverup, the more full of **** you are.

3:30 - "I would say, when it gets to a certain point, they're all involved."

That's where I was done. The sooner you invoke a grand coverup, the more full of **** you are.

...While watching, I felt varying degrees of sympathy for both men - the scientist bloke for sitting there and listening to this all the claptrap without being able to scream his head off, which at times he clearly wanted to do as evidenced by the video, and as for the baseball cap-wearing personage, for being dropped on his head as a baby. Or something of that nature.

The poles on a sphere are the end? What if something were found beyond the pole?

Huh? The flat Earth has an edge beyond which is nothing, but a sphere can't exist because it defines an end??? That's... convoluted!

I just found out that a friend of my wife ... a born-again evangelical (& avid Trump supporter) ... is a Flatearther. Not metaphorically, but an actual believer in a flat earth. As my wife is a very thoughtful but kind person, this is causing her considerable cognitive distress.

I just found out that a friend of my wife ... a born-again evangelical (& avid Trump supporter) ... is a Flatearther. Not metaphorically, but an actual believer in a flat earth. As my wife is a very thoughtful but kind person, this is causing her considerable cognitive distress.
I'm dying to know how they teach their kids where the different countries of the world are as I used to have a globe as a young boy. Can you buy pancake shaped discs as a geographical aid or are toy manufacturers in on the conspiracy as well?

[EDIT] Looks like there's a manufacturer called Flat Earth Merchandise if you're in the market to buy presents.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Flat+Earth+Merchandise&ref=bl_dp_s_web_0

Last edited:
I'm dying to know how they teach their kids where the different countries of the world are as I used to have a globe as a young boy. Can you buy pancake shaped discs as a geographical aid or are toy manufacturers in on the conspiracy as well?
I had a globe as well but I also remember having thoughts of how could I possibly verify such a thing when I've never visited the places it showed. I imagine if other children had such thoughts, you could play that against established models.

As far as what would be used as a teching aid, Azimuthal projections are popular among flat earthers, despite all the inaccuracies they bring compared to a globe. I think one "proof" for this map is that it's in the UN flag.

I had a globe as well but I also remember having thoughts of how could I possibly verify such a thing when I've never visited the places it showed.
Personally, I never had any problems with that since the moon is right up there in the night sky.

Personally, I never had any problems with that since the moon is right up there in the night sky.
Ever wonder why we only see the same side of the flat moon?

Here is proof from a fellow Houstonian.

I am not a flat earther. :lol:

As far as what would be used as a teching aid, Azimuthal projections are popular among flat earthers, despite all the inaccuracies they bring compared to a globe. I think one "proof" for this map is that it's in the UN flag.

I love the logic behind it. “The world has decided (because of reasons) to hide the fact that the Earth is flat, but they put the true map of the Earth in the UN flag as a clue for anyone who wants to learn the truth.”

Not sure why they love the azimuthal projection so much. All map projections are by definition flat. The most accurate projection is probably the dymaxion projection, as it preserves the relative sizes and proportions of the landmasses pretty well.

Ever wonder why we only see the same side of the flat moon?

Here is proof from a fellow Houstonian.

I am not a flat earther. :lol:

I love how they ignore the Earth as the source of gravity, like the flat Earth is floating above something that makes everything fall downward, rather than everything falling toward the center of the sphere. The guy on the airplane with his spirit level is the same idiocy.

Of course, they ignore gravity altogether, as it's "just a theory."

"Try me!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :boggled::banghead:

Ok, lets turn this around, if you think the earth is flat, explain......everything.

And as a starter for ten, gravitational lensing.
Hi. What would gravitational lensing have to do with the shape of the earth? I thought that had to do with the gravitational pull of ‘other’ planets on the light as it passes those planets. Am I misunderstanding?

Back