The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
I think it is not the most profitable, but definitely the most easiest. Generally, when I am on call, I am just openning a XBOW-BlueMoon and with minimum attention, with crashing to the walls, I am enjoying good amount of XP and credit : ) longer calls, longer payout :)))

What is the best way to grind XP. Im currentl level 45 and im using the XBOW method at Blue Moon. Is that still the most effective method? Are there any others?

Can anyone give me an idea how to keep the XBow on the track..... I lowered suspension to max, put super softs on the back, medium on the front, stage 1 weight reduction (stayed at N300)...... and if I go slow enough to not spin in the corners there's no way I'll get around in 49 seconds..... sure my driving isn't that bad! Back to the N600 Porsche (and less money) for me ....:dunce:

Can anyone give me an idea how to keep the XBow on the track..... I lowered suspension to max, put super softs on the back, medium on the front, stage 1 weight reduction (stayed at N300)...... and if I go slow enough to not spin in the corners there's no way I'll get around in 49 seconds..... sure my driving isn't that bad! Back to the N600 Porsche (and less money) for me ....:dunce:

Mazda RX500 (n300), with full weight reduction. It's been said by others and me. And i'll say it again. ;)

XBow is pain to control on DS4. Countersteer Assist to Max and raise the Traction Control to 3 or higher. Should be more manageable

For those that can't afford the 3mil or 500k, I still go with the E30 as a good way to get 425k at Lago. It's 18minutes(double the time of the XBull race), but the car is only 200k, just need RSS tyres, tighten suspension and set anti-roll bars at 10 F/R.

XBow is pain to control on DS4. Countersteer Assist to Max and raise the Traction Control to 3 or higher. Should be more manageable

When you take confidence.... (spoiler)

DS4 : "X" to accel. "SQUARE" to brake
TCS : 1
Countersteer Assist : WEAK/LOW

front Tires RH
Rear Tires RSS

IR

Like I've said before, not even RPG's make you grind THIS MUCH. Doesn't Kaz realize the only way people are buying the 20 million credit cars are by grinding thousands of laps of the same boring track?
Try to max out characters in Dragon Quest XI.

p78
Mazda RX500 (n300), with full weight reduction. It's been said by others and me. And i'll say it again. ;)
Thanks, will give it a go....

Thanks, I've never tried putting Countersteer Assist on, will try that too.

They're all listed in the article in the first post. Short answer - no, that's the second quickest now, but it's a good deal more reliable and you don't need a 15m credit car to take part.

There's a new method I'll be adding to the article when I've had chance to evaluate it, which is slightly quicker, using the X2014 at the new race for that series at Circuit de la Sarthe.

Ive read the article and ill play it later today. It sounds like a bit of a pain. I can win the XBOW with ease.

I find it easy to control. I will share my setup tip that I took from a youtube video in the commentslast year. I cant remember the video i saw but ill post the setup 12 hours from now.

I find it easy to control. I will share my setup tip that I took from a youtube video in the commentslast year. I cant remember the video i saw but ill post the setup 12 hours from now.

Thanks

For now have gone to the N800 Mach 40..... only gives 40% bonus but so easy to drive, takes knocks from other cars without flinching, and will win easy, every time. No stress, whatsoever! The Porsche I was using was getting "picked on" by back-markers so I gave up with it :cheers:
Has rubbish brakes but so what on this track!

Hey there,

Im not sure if this quick-money race has been mentioned (its only possible after the latest update), but here goes:

If you're really sick of endlessly grinding through Blue Moon, which lets be honest, is a huge bore, a much better and more fun race is now available.

In the Red Bull x2014 series, pick the 3 lap LeMans race. The race is quite easy to win even with average skill. Normally you get about 230k for the race. That's 230k for roughly a bit over 9 minutes (+3 mins per lap) if you pay attention but are not a perfectionist.

However if you pay attention and do a clean race (dont hit opponents and don't exceed the track limits/cut corners) you get the clean race bonus which basicall means you get about 345k. For 9+ minutes. I think thats more per hour or at the very least the same as the Blue Moon one, but at least you re doing proper races on an iconic track and enjoying the game while you're grinding, as you should.

I find it extremely difficult to get the clean race bonus in the X2014 - it corners so fast and the opposition seem to come to a dead stop mid-corner, they are unavoidable except by going over track limits in the process.

I will keep trying though, the basic pay out is still good value.

Im not sure if this quick-money race has been mentioned (its only possible after the latest update), but here goes:

If you're really sick of endlessly grinding through Blue Moon, which lets be honest, is a huge bore, a much better and more fun race is now available.

In the Red Bull x2014 series, pick the 3 lap LeMans race.
It has - it's in the article too.

Can confirm the X2014 at La Sarthe is the new fastest grinding method.

X2014 @ Sarthe: 345,000 Cr / 9 mins = 38,333 Cr/min
330 P4 @ Sarthe: 240,000 Cr / 6m40s = 36,036 Cr/min

Didn't really do much to the settings except lower downforce to minimum, RS tyres and set gears to 410 km/h max speed. First lap is crucial as you need to pass cars in the right spots to avoid losing time and get the race done in under 9 mins. Tetre Rouge and the whole of Porsche Curves can be taken flat out. The good news is unlike the Nostalgic race the lineup is always the same and the AI pattern is also identical in every race. It's all about memorising the pattern and once you do it's a lot more consistent than Nostalgic race. Also track limits and car contact penalty seems to be a lot more lenient. I've definitely put wheels on the grass and bumped AI that would make me lose the clean race bonus in Nostalgic, but still ended up with clean race in the X2014. Win-win situation for everyone 👍

Just remember to turn the volume down if you're driving for extended periods :lol:

P.S. Chile has the best car livery IMO :drool: I wonder how other PSN countries liveries look like apart from the ones in this race...

I tried fully tuned 356 on the BMB, it isn't quick enough sadly. Best time i managed in it (without slipstream) is 51.smth seconds. Car must do at least 49 seconds or quicker to have a chance of winning on BMB

Just tried it also. Even slower than the Alpine at N200 tune. Feels a lot less stable than the Alpine too even with staggered tyres. I'm out of practice but there's no way it can beat the LaF/Veyron combo.

One of the issues I keep coming across are the X2014 opponents either:
-quickly closing the space for you to pass them
-suddenly slowing down for a turn, so you either shunt them or you try to avoid them but go off track.

So... while the X2014 event is the best way to gain credits, it's also a riskier one, as it seems easier to lose the Clean Race bonus.
Nostalgic is a safer method, in my opinion.

Yes the AI is taking corners wayyy to slowly and has zero situational awareness. My strategy is to slow down a bit more than usual on entry and focus on corner exits and overtake them on the straights. First lap is the most difficult one. You just gotta treat it like tetris and use pattern recognition as to where is the safest point to overtake each car while still not losing too much time.

My guide (writing from memory here so might not get the exact car numbers right):
-Overtake 15th place going into Tetre Rouge on the inside (gotta get Dunlop perfect but hang back a bit on the esses)
-Overtake 14th and 13th on the straight
-Overtake 12th and 11th on the second part of the straight (hang back a little on first chicane)
-Overtake 10th and 9th on the third part of the straight (again hanging back on the second chicane)
-Overtake 8th and 7th on the straight after Mulsanne corner (you'll be under their wing going into Mulsanne, don't get tempted to overtake there)
-Cars 6th and 5th are the trickiest - if you get the timings right you can safely overtake them on the straight before Porsche Curves. Otherwise most of the time you will catch 6th going into the first corner of Porsche Curves, and then deal with 5th in the subsequent corners. Remember you can abuse the exit of the final left quite aggressively.
-Second lap, overtake 4th going into Dunlop.
-Overtake 3rd somewhere in the esses.
-Overtake 2nd and 1st on the straight after Tetre Rouge. Job done.
-The AI might try to draft you after this point. Don't panic and just block on the straights. If you nail the chicanes you will break the tow before reaching Mulsanne. If not, just becareful of a divebomb there and into Indianapolis. Remember you can take Porsche Curves flat out and they won't bother you for the rest of the race.

I was initially thinking it would be more risky, but La Sarthe is a wider track than the other races in this series, and as I mentioned above the penalties are a lot more lenient in this race than Nostalgic Cup. I probably only lost 1/5 clean race here as opposed to 2-3/5 at Nostalgic. It really is the better option.

Use my tune from a few pages back, perfected over 800+ kms of grinding :lol:

Power N399, min weight
Tyres RH/RSS
BB -1 (with ABS on, use BB 0 with ABS weak)
Ride 100 100 (precisely in the middle, doing this from memory so I might get the numbers wrong)
Spring/ARB/dampers max max
Camber 1.5 3.5 (depending on your driving style, if you prefer more understeer increase rear camber, if you prefer more oversteer decrease rear camber)
Toe +0.20 +0.20
LSD 30/30/30
Gears do tranny trick, set Final to 3.650 (shift at midline of the rev bar)

So, I finally decided to stop doing custom races where I used an N300 car against a Gr. 4 field (I used the Toyota SF-R Racing Concept and the Ford GT40). This morning I purchased the Mazda RX500, fully upgraded the power, and got level two weight so I could set the weight as low as possible. I also set up a transmission with a long first gear and then quick gears after that to really stay in the upper power band. I won the Blue Moon Bay race five times already, and it's so easy. I should've already been doing this. Thank you to whomever was talking about using the RX500 for the Premium Sports Lounge, and thank you to Famine for writing the very helpful article.

Have a look at that :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fastest-prize-credit-race-not-cheating.374124/

Great setup for the X-BOW. Had my fastest race today with it since the change of tire physics and my second fastest lap ever clocking a 45.561 :cheers:.

Has anyone here mentioned that you can win Nostalgic 1979 (Circuit de la Sarthe) with the Aston Martin DB3S? I tried it a few times; another DB3S started at pole. However, this car isn't the easiest to handle. I had to brake early and carefully accelerate out of turns. I also messed with the suspension settings so it can be a bit more stable when turning.

With SSRX, so that I can completely shut off my brain, I'm doing the following for my daily workout grind, which comes with 125k as well.
  • Special Stage Route X
  • Mazda RX-7 FC or Toyota MR-2 (N200)
  • 2 laps
  • Rolling Start
  • Starting position 20th
  • Fuel consumption 5x
  • Group B opposition
  • Professional difficulty
This also lets my OCD not be triggered by having a career race be won more than once. The opposition will run out of gas before the leading straight.

I think this could probably be optimised with a faster car on N300; I know that the extra time spent using an N100 car is not worth it.

Wow that sounds insanely boring.

I've had enough of the N200/300 rally cars vs. N1000 etc.

The N400/500 vs. Gr.4 cars on various tracks isnt too bad an earner.

I dont think moving to GT3 cars makes that much more money.

With SSRX, so that I can completely shut off my brain, I'm doing the following for my daily workout grind, which comes with 125k as well.
  • Special Stage Route X
  • Mazda RX-7 FC or Toyota MR-2 (N200)
  • 2 laps
  • Rolling Start
  • Starting position 20th
  • Fuel consumption 5x
  • Group B opposition
  • Professional difficulty
This also lets my OCD not be triggered by having a career race be won more than once. The opposition will run out of gas before the leading straight.

I think this could probably be optimised with a faster car on N300; I know that the extra time spent using an N100 car is not worth it.

Sounds almost like the method I saw on HammerStudiosGaming. He races against Gr. 2 opponents instead and tunes the FC so that it’s top speed is higher than the opponents. Slow at the start but it does work.

Link to the video here:

Have a look at that :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fastest-prize-credit-race-not-cheating.374124/

Great setup for the X-BOW. Had my fastest race today with it since the change of tire physics and my second fastest lap ever clocking a 45.561 :cheers:.

Thanks RJ and to linked poster UMBS. The car is now much more stable and I can get around corners without spinning (which is a bit of a plus for racing games :lol: ).
However, somethings not right with the gearing - I can't get over 260 Kph (ish) and my fastest lap was 49.5. Good enough to get second but not beat the LaFerrari. I gave up trying to get clean sheet bonus as that means backing off at the corners.....

The gearing screen on my copy of GTS doesn't have similar numbers to the setup posted, e.g. in the setup gear ratio for first is 3.855, but in my settings page I can only slide it from 1.7xx to 2.3xx.

I am obviously doing something wrong / missing something!!

Back to the Mach 40 for now....! Does the job and still gives 40% bonus!

@seadog777 try the Subaru Gr.B road car. When I used that race for my daily, it's the car I used. Super easy to drive, tuned to n599, trans set to 186mph top speed, you run low 48 second laps, with some 47s with a good draft. Payout with bonus will be 315k.

I am obviously doing something wrong / missing something!!
Metric vs. Imperial? In the fifth step of the process you'll need to set the top speed to 290km/h (or as close as it gets), to be equivalent to 180mph.

MMX
@seadog777 try the Subaru Gr.B road car. When I used that race for my daily, it's the car I used. Super easy to drive, tuned to n599, trans set to 186mph top speed, you run low 48 second laps, with some 47s with a good draft. Payout with bonus will be 315k.

Thanks for the tip MMX. I'm running 45.xxx (as best) with the Mach 40 but the payout is generally 140k or 210 if back off enough to avoid being sideswiped (but then run the risk of being hit from behind!!) and get the clean sheet.

Will give the Subaru a spin, I have it in the garage. Thank you.

PS.... almost at 10 million!

Metric vs. Imperial? In the fifth step of the process you'll need to set the top speed to 290km/h (or as close as it gets), to be equivalent to 180mph.
The speed will differ (I'm using KPH) but the ratios won't (will they?? :dunce: ) I did convert 180MPH to KPH in the top box, but couldn't get the ratios that were suggested.

Pretty sure I did set to 290 but it would not get above 260 ish.

Back