The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
I realize the latter portion of this thread is greater than a week old, but I wanted to offer a car suggestion with which I've had relatively effortless success in the BMB event; The GT by Citroën at N499.
It is slower in unassisted top speed than most every other competitor, but drafts well. It is super stable in T1 & T3 where nearly all passes for position occur.
My total time is typically under 12:10, the payout with CRB is $345K. As many others have suggested, avoid competing against the La Ferrari; victory is much more assured. Also work on race craft through practice as you are a power underdog.
Good luck!

I have found the X-Bow to be very good at BMB, even against the La Ferrari, have beat it twice now...

I have just recently started to do the X2014 event at Circuit de la Sarthe. I have 12 wins but only 3 - 4 with Clean Race Bonus. It is an easy victory but I need to be more careful of the track limits down Mulsanne as I have a feeling that it's where the problem lies when overtaking.

Last edited:
I have just recently started to do the X2014 event at Circuit de la Sarthe. I have 12 wins but only 3 - 4 with Clean Race Bonus. It is an easy victory but I need to be more careful of the track limits down Mulsanne as I have a feeling that it's where the problem lies when overtaking.

It’s pretty much either risky Le Sarthe with X2014 or safe BMB with X-Bow (or other similar great cars) now as the best ways to farm credits. I’m hoping we’ll get some more GT League races in future that offer a similar payout like X2014 at Le Sarthe.

I found the race on BMB with the XBOW more and more relaxing (but boring at the same time**) compared with the RedBull race on Le sarthe ..

** the reason I prefer Le Sarthe with the Nostalgia 1979 races ..

If PD had used same chart system used on Drive Club (i mean best lap of other players reported in real time and updated with the next one every time you beat one), play 1000 time same race was be very funny.
I love that aspect of drive club, time trial and play same race more time become always interesting.

...but... if I understand correctly you're only beating them because they have run out of fuel. Is that really a challenge?

They do not run out of fuel - I don't adjust the fuel consumption at all - meaning there is no fuel consumption. So, yes, it is a challenge. I have since found I can beat GR.1 cars with an N400, which is more challenging, pay out is a little less, but it only takes 5 minutes instead of 6 with the N200 vs GR.2 race.

They do not run out of fuel - I don't adjust the fuel consumption at all - meaning there is no fuel consumption. So, yes, it is a challenge. I have since found I can beat GR.1 cars with an N400, which is more challenging, pay out is a little less, but it only takes 5 minutes instead of 6 with the N200 vs GR.2 race.

Which N400 car are you using for the Gr. 1 race?

Which N400 car are you using for the Gr. 1 race?

Countach LP400, I have it tuned to sustain ~228 mph, then you have to rely on drafting and time it right at the end. The AI drivers are fairly predictable with no desperate last turn shenanigans - more than I can say for some live counterparts!

I've settled on using the Cobra, N600, 90% bonus, good chance of getting 50% clean race provided LaFerrari not running (and don't enter a bend with the purple Porsche or the Viper!). Easy, no stress, not the best payout but plenty for me! Only 7 million to go :cheers:

If you do not have any form of OCD then you'll likely never understand why. 👍

Hear hear. As a fellow OCDer I undestand your frustration. I give up keeping everything at 1 win though because the alternatives to grinding GT league takes wayyy too long. To compensate, I keep the number of wins for the grinding races at multiples of 5 :lol:

In previous games, I also need the number of wins for each car to be at least the same or higher than the number of changes. I stopped doing that in GT Sport once I tell myself “Dude, this is definitely not normal, you need to stop” :crazy::lol:

Hear hear. As a fellow OCDer I undestand your frustration. I give up keeping everything at 1 win though because the alternatives to grinding GT league takes wayyy too long. To compensate, I keep the number of wins for the grinding races at multiples of 5 :lol:

In previous games, I also need the number of wins for each car to be at least the same or higher than the number of changes. I stopped doing that in GT Sport once I tell myself “Dude, this is definitely not normal, you need to stop” :crazy::lol:

Good to hear there are others as crazy about numbers as I am.
1 win each race, 165 wins on BMB :lol: !
What makes me wild indeed is the incorrect coding of "Total Prize Credits" on the stats page :crazy: ...

BTW what is OCD ?

BTW what is OCD ?

Obsessive-compulsive disorder. To put it simply, obsession with having everything in order, and by "in order" i mean whatever the OCDer considers as order. It might be using same digits for everything or grouping things. You better Google/Wiki it to get more info on that

As for grinding, the Gr.2 on SSRX setup can also be easily done on N200 Renault Alpine A110.

Fully reduce the weight, set up the suspension for max speed (zero camber/toe, lower the height to lowest setting) and gearbox at 340 km/h. Can easily overtake the opponents on the second straight of the first lap. 2 lap stint will grant you 150k (with Clean Bonus) and complete the Daily Mileage

Obsessive-compulsive disorder. To put it simply, obsession with having everything in order, and by "in order" i mean whatever the OCDer considers as order.
Not really, no.

OCD is a crippling disorder that means sufferers are compelled to act in a certain routine, obsessively, or be driven to physical pain. It's often used interchangeably with "I like things to be straight", "I like everything to be equal" and "I like things done my way" - often by people who say that they're "a bit OCD" - but that completely trivialises just how debilitating actual OCD really is.

If you have to do each race in GT League once and once only, that's an OCD-like symptom*. If you have to try the door handle exactly 22 times after you lock it (by locking, unlocking, locking, unlocking, locking, unlocking, winding the key as far as it will go to the unlock side, then bringing it back until it locks and the key is exactly bottom dead centre and not a degree out either way) when you leave the house, then walk five miles to a bus stop because you can't get on the bus outside your house because it's a number 103 and you can't use a bus that has a number not made entire of straight lines, and then you have to get on the fourth bus (because the first is unlucky, and 2 and 3 are curved) unless it had a Vodafone advert on it in which case they needed to wait for the seventh bus unless the driver had blue eyes, and so on - and if forced by circumstances to accept any one of the conditions you wouldn't normally accept you then have a complete nervous breakdown - then you might just have OCD.

It's worth catching a Channel 4 documentary by comedian Jon Richardson called "A Little Bit OCD". Jon's famously "a little bit OCD", but in studying what OCD actually is over the course of the programme he discovers that he certainly has some OCD-like symptoms and tendencies, but he's definitely not an OCD sufferer.

*If one of them is done twice, and it merely bugs you for the rest of time, you don't have OCD. You might have OCD if you delete the entire game so you can start over again, and there's a good chance you have OCD if you start sobbing inconsolably in despair and/or smash the console and screen to pieces.

Countach LP400, I have it tuned to sustain ~228 mph, then you have to rely on drafting and time it right at the end. The AI drivers are fairly predictable with no desperate last turn shenanigans - more than I can say for some live counterparts!

Before I sink 1.8M into getting a Countach in the right colour, if you don't mind doing a 2 lap run, can you report back with the exact finishing time? The payout is lower on the N400 v Gr1 race, but I wonder if the credits per minute is better.

For reference, the N200 v Gr2 race is 154.5k credits / 11.75 minutes = 13.1k/min.

As for grinding, the Gr.2 on SSRX setup can also be easily done on N200 Renault Alpine A110.

Fully reduce the weight, set up the suspension for max speed (zero camber/toe, lower the height to lowest setting) and gearbox at 340 km/h. Can easily overtake the opponents on the second straight of the first lap. 2 lap stint will grant you 150k (with Clean Bonus) and complete the Daily Mileage

I've been doing the exact same with the Toyota 2000GT. Finishes overtaking the opposition right after the first checkpoint on the second straight of lap 1.

Not really, no.

OCD is a crippling disorder that means sufferers are compelled to act in a certain routine, obsessively, or be driven to physical pain. It's often used interchangeably with "I like things to be straight", "I like everything to be equal" and "I like things done my way" - often by people who say that they're "a bit OCD" - but that completely trivialises just how debilitating actual OCD really is.

If you have to do each race in GT League once and once only, that's an OCD-like symptom*. If you have to try the door handle exactly 22 times after you lock it (by locking, unlocking, locking, unlocking, locking, unlocking, winding the key as far as it will go to the unlock side, then bringing it back until it locks and the key is exactly bottom dead centre and not a degree out either way) when you leave the house, then walk five miles to a bus stop because you can't get on the bus outside your house because it's a number 103 and you can't use a bus that has a number not made entire of straight lines, and then you have to get on the fourth bus (because the first is unlucky, and 2 and 3 are curved) unless it had a Vodafone advert on it in which case they needed to wait for the seventh bus unless the driver had blue eyes, and so on - and if forced by circumstances to accept any one of the conditions you wouldn't normally accept you then have a complete nervous breakdown - then you might just have OCD.

It's worth catching a Channel 4 documentary by comedian Jon Richardson called "A Little Bit OCD". Jon's famously "a little bit OCD", but in studying what OCD actually is over the course of the programme he discovers that he certainly has some OCD-like symptoms and tendencies, but he's definitely not an OCD sufferer.

*If one of them is done twice, and it merely bugs you for the rest of time, you don't have OCD. You might have OCD if you delete the entire game so you can start over again, and there's a good chance you have OCD if you start sobbing inconsolably in despair and/or smash the console and screen to pieces.

Offtopic, but don't you have a degree in human psychology by any chance? That description was quite detailed

Thats Mr Bean method is awesome. XP is nice too.

Ive been doing my maths and please correct me if im wrong, but the Red Bull Dirty method with corner cutting and all that is more effective than the XBOW dirty method

09 minutes / 4300 XP = 477 XP per minute with Red Bull
12 minutes / 5500 XP = 458 XP per minute with X-BOW

Is that right? The Red Bull is a much more enjoyable method. Im trying to grind to level 50. I dont care about the money at this point. Im currently level 45 and have been doing the XBOW since level 40

Not really, no.

My girlfriend dose this part "If you have to try the door handle exactly 22 times after you lock it (by locking, unlocking, locking, unlocking, locking, unlocking, winding the key as far as it will go to the unlock side, then bringing it back until it locks and the key is exactly bottom dead centre and not a degree out either way" and it's annoying :)

Before I sink 1.8M into getting a Countach in the right colour, if you don't mind doing a 2 lap run, can you report back with the exact finishing time? The payout is lower on the N400 v Gr1 race, but I wonder if the credits per minute is better.

For reference, the N200 v Gr2 race is 154.5k credits / 11.75 minutes = 13.1k/min.

I had forgotten how much the Lambo was - I don't usually do 2 laps - a single lap was 4:53, I assume the second lap would be less. If I get a chance later today I will give it a go.

Edit: 9:51 or 9.85 minutes, 134,100 payout, 13,614 per minute

Last edited:
I want to race in the nostalgic 1979, all the cars to race there are 20 million. One is 15, but I can't be sure it will win
To earn 20 million, all I can find to do is the x2014 de la sarthe. That pays 230,000. thats about 100 wins for one car. 100 wins. Why does it take that long? This is not like the other GT games. Who is grinding away buying these 20 million dollar cars? Seems they are gonna lose a lot of people with this. Its too much.

One is 15, but I can't be sure it will win
As we point out in the article, it will. The 10m DB3S also will.
To earn 20 million, all I can find to do is the x2014 de la sarthe. That pays 230,000. thats about 100 wins for one car.
That's without the clean race bonus, which would bring it down to 29 wins - for that 10m DB3S.

This article is where? I looked at the link in post 1.
https://www.gtplanet.net/easiest-ways-make-money-xp-gt-sport/
I didn't see it there
That's the article. And, in the third paragraph of the section about the Nostalgic 1979 race at Circuit de la Sarthe:
The only vehicles eligible to enter this race and capable of winning it are pretty pricey. You’ll need the Ferrari 330 P4, Ford Mark IV or Jaguar XJ13, and they’re 20 million credits each. If you’re a bit short, the Shelby Cobra Daytona, at 15 million credits, will also do the job if you have enough Mileage Points to tune it up.
So the DB3S? I see its 10 million. This is not the car I meant.
I'm aware, you were talking about the 15m credit Shelby Cobra Daytona. But the 10m credit Aston Martin DB3S can also win that race - I just haven't tested it out myself yet to update the article with it. To get that in order to win that Nostalgic 1979 race at Circuit de la Sarthe, you only need 29 races with the clean race bonus with the X2014s, rather than 100 races (actually 87) without it to buy a 20m car.
For me to get a clean race is pretty rare. I don't count in this plan.
It's hard with the X2014s due to the track limits at La Sarthe, the speed of the X2014s, and the AI's tendency to dart about. With the Nostalgic race you only have to deal with the track limits to get a clean race - and there's no chicanes on that version of La Sarthe, making it easier still.

You essentially need to drive specifically to get the clean race bonus, or else you're making everything take 50% longer. If you're not getting the clean race bonus in these races, try the fallback race of Blue Moon Bay in the KTM X-Bow. It's far easier to get the clean race bonus with that one.

Thats Mr Bean method is awesome. XP is nice too.

Ive been doing my maths and please correct me if im wrong, but the Red Bull Dirty method with corner cutting and all that is more effective than the XBOW dirty method

09 minutes / 4300 XP = 477 XP per minute with Red Bull
12 minutes / 5500 XP = 458 XP per minute with X-BOW

Is that right? The Red Bull is a much more enjoyable method. Im trying to grind to level 50. I dont care about the money at this point. Im currently level 45 and have been doing the XBOW since level 40
No no, forget everything, if you want level 50, Nostalgic 1979 + Ferrari P4 is the only way.
My setup give me a fast lap around 3.19 and are a little more than 700 exp per minute (4500 with clean bonus / 6 minutes and 40 seconds)

I'm doing that and i'm adding some rubber band race (MX5 N-100 on small oval against GR1, second place give me 39000 exp in 20 hours, i start race at late night and when i come back to work the day after, race is just finished).

Now i'm at 25% of level 49.... at level 50 i will burn GT Sport disc.

Back