The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
The speed will differ (I'm using KPH) but the ratios won't (will they?? :dunce: )
They may, yes. From my experience, GT's gear ratios will change if you look at them funny, or don't wear the right pair of socks...
I did convert 180MPH to KPH in the top box, but couldn't get the ratios that were suggested.
You do need to follow the steps quite precisely, without transposing any or missing any. If you do (top speed max, final drive max, top speed min, final drive min, top speed 180mph or 290km/h), you should see the same ratios.

It's essentially a trick in GT games that goes back to the first one.

Pretty sure I did set to 290 but it would not get above 260 ish.
The car won't hit the top of the 'box ever - you might see 170mph (273km/h) in a very, very big slipstream - but that's not the point of setting it there. The gearbox set up is to maximise acceleration in each gear, but also ensure that you're running as close to peak power at as close to the car's aerodynamic speed limit (how fast it can go before the weight of air dragging on the car exceeds the engine's ability to push through it) as you can. That means that the car will go as fast as is actually possible to go with that amount of power - and accelerate still if the air density drops, such as when you're following in another car's slipstream.

... The gearing screen on my copy of GTS doesn't have similar numbers to the setup posted, e.g. in the setup gear ratio for first is 3.855, but in my settings page I can only slide it from 1.7xx to 2.3xx.

I am obviously doing something wrong / missing something. ...

Ooh, how do I begin ?

Follow @Famine !
I've just did this setup again and my gear ratios match perfectly except 5th which is a tiny bit off.
In race top speed was 273 km/h with slipstream.

However, there is an improved setup that you will find here :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fastest-xp-credit-farming-setup.377859/

The car is actually quicker then, though a bit harder to control.

Speeds without slipstream are 265 km/h on the line, 273 km/h before T1, 195 - 200 km/h through T1, 263 km/h through T2. Top speed with slipstream is 283 km/h.
Don't forget ... you only brake once :D !

PS
Did you increase power to 115% and decrease weight to min. ?

With SSRX, so that I can completely shut off my brain, I'm doing the following for my daily workout grind, which comes with 125k as well.
  • Special Stage Route X
  • Mazda RX-7 FC or Toyota MR-2 (N200)
  • 2 laps
  • Rolling Start
  • Starting position 20th
  • Fuel consumption 5x
  • Group B opposition
  • Professional difficulty
This also lets my OCD not be triggered by having a career race be won more than once. The opposition will run out of gas before the leading straight.

I think this could probably be optimised with a faster car on N300; I know that the extra time spent using an N100 car is not worth it.

I have also been experimenting with Route X to see if I could find any 'interesting' events.

N100 Vs Gr2 with fuel on x10. Win 47k for a 1 lap. (I think Gr2 take around 9:20 for the lap). I used a Toyota GT86.

N300 Vs Gr4. Used an Alfa 4c with some weight reduction, power and gearing. Use fuel map 6 and slip stream. Overtake the Cayman to win in less than 7:20 for 62k. 15 min Endurance pays 162k and 20 min 184k

N400 F40 Vs Gr2 pays 112k, or N500 McLaren F1 Vs Gr2 pays the same as N300 Vs Gr4

Gr2 only get to 200mph - so anything faster will slipstream, save fuel and win easily. Similar story for Gr4 which only reach 180mph. GrB are even slower (150mph if i remember correctly)

Also tried no fuel and no tyre wear.
N1000 Vs Gr1, Tune a Bugatti Veyron to 280MPH, win 41k in 4:25 (it was faster than the La Ferrari, I haven't tried testing N900 or lower)
N300 Vs GrB, Alfa 4c geared to 180mph+ will win comfortably.

In other words, nothing really matches the winnings in campaign mode. I found the races that required slipstreaming with some fuel saving a little less boring that falling way behind and then catching up cause the faster cars had run out of fuel!

I might try the N400 vs Gr2. That 112k figure is for 15 minute endurance? I would imagine a N400 car would do the laps much faster than my N200 setup, so might be worth trying.

In other words, nothing really matches the winnings in campaign mode. I found the races that required slipstreaming with some fuel saving a little less boring that falling way behind and then catching up cause the faster cars had run out of fuel!

Right, but the idea is that I can literally do something else for 3 minutes while just holding down the trigger, vs constantly turning on BMB to not lose the clean race bonus.

Use my tune from a few pages back, perfected over 800+ kms of grinding :lol:

Power N399, min weight
Tyres RH/RSS
BB -1 (with ABS on, use BB 0 with ABS weak)
Ride 100 100 (precisely in the middle, doing this from memory so I might get the numbers wrong)
Spring/ARB/dampers max max
Camber 1.5 3.5 (depending on your driving style, if you prefer more understeer increase rear camber, if you prefer more oversteer decrease rear camber)
Toe +0.20 +0.20
LSD 30/30/30
Gears do tranny trick, set Final to 3.650 (shift at midline of the rev bar)

Can vouch for this setup, it allowed me to not spin when the car pitched 30 degrees in the air. Very stable.

Last edited:
I did the Blue Moon Method and its a nice and easy income with the GT40, but getting the "Clean Race" Bonus is ridiciously difficult for me :banghead:

From about 10 Tries or so, i did managed to get the Bonus only one time, but only with extremely careful driving and some luck. In normal cases, there is always a AI Driver who voids the Bonus, especially those guys in the Top Places and ramming my Car, whichs ends in the nearest Wall and completely wasting my Clean Race.

I did the Blue Moon Method and its a nice and easy income with the GT40, but getting the "Clean Race" Bonus is ridiciously difficult for me :banghead:

From about 10 Tries or so, i did managed to get the Bonus only one time, but only with extremely careful driving and some luck. In normal cases, there is always a AI Driver who voids the Bonus, especially those guys in the Top Places and ramming my Car, whichs ends in the nearest Wall and completely wasting my Clean Race.
Use a mildly detuned McLaren F1 then. Much easier.

There's a few things you need to watch out for.

Firstly, only overtake in turn 1 around the outside and during the first half of the corner. Stamp on the brakes at 100m and let them dive out of the way - the AI cars will always head for the apex early, but then sweep up to the wall on exit. You will need to sacrifice some speed occasionally just to stay behind them while they do it.

In turn 3 you should also stay to the outside but you can do it right through the turn as they always leave a car width to the outside.

Lapped cars will almost always try to move off the line when you're coming up to them. They will also do this for other AI cars lapping them. Don't count on it though... if they've not moved by the time you're in their slipstream, they're not going to.

Lapped cars can catch you up in turn 2 and they will hit you. Stay low, make them go high - they all brake for the exit of that turn, or hit the wall, so you do not want to be outside them.

The lead AI are exceptionally fast in a straight line. If you have not built up a 2+ second gap to them when you leave a corner, get off the line as far as you can, or they will plough into the back of you.

The 991 911 GT3 does not like being lapped and will try to unlap itself, particularly by late-braking into turn 3. Just stay right - you've got 20mph on him through that turn anyway.

N400 F40 Vs Gr2 pays 112k, or N500 McLaren F1 Vs Gr2 pays the same as N300 Vs Gr4

Gr2 only get to 200mph - so anything faster will slipstream, save fuel and win easily.

I just found something better... N300 Honda NSX Type R '92 vs Gr. 2. Only four seconds per lap slower (vs N400 Audi R8), but with substantially more money.
  • Set Power to 114%, Weight Reduction to 96%
  • Fully Customised transmission; set the Top Speed (Auto Set) to 199mph/320kph
Easily handles the opposition before the leading straight. Tried with the MkIV Supra as well, but it's substantially slower. I find that Gr2 seems to top out around a Max Speed score of 7.7 (circa 190mph?), so a 7.8-7.9 car should do nicely.

I tried the Blue Moon Method tonight, using the xbow...WOW that was fun and paid very well... went form level 20 to 25 in just over two hours.

I was doing most of my passing on turn three with speed...first two races didn't give me the clean race bonus, but the other three did...

I just found something better... N300 Honda NSX Type R '92 vs Gr. 2. Only four seconds per lap slower (vs N400 Audi R8), but with substantially more money.
Easily handles the opposition before the leading straight. Tried with the MkIV Supra as well, but it's substantially slower. I find that Gr2 seems to top out around a Max Speed score of 7.7 (circa 190mph?), so a 7.8-7.9 car should do nicely.

Which track?

Can you post the exact setup, car and track and its difficulty to deciver whaty ou are talking about?

Which track?

Can you post the exact setup, car and track and its difficulty to deciver whaty ou are talking about?
It's not that difficult to work out which track if you refer back to the post he was quoting.......
I have also been experimenting with Route X to see if I could find any 'interesting' events.

So basically any N300/400/500 car with full weight reduction and appropriate gearing to reach 190mph+ will win a one lap custom (professional, no boost, start 20th at back) race at Route X against Gr.2 opponents.

👍

I find it extremely difficult to get the clean race bonus in the X2014 - it corners so fast and the opposition seem to come to a dead stop mid-corner, they are unavoidable except by going over track limits in the process.

I will keep trying though, the basic pay out is still good value.
Very true. If someone could explain the clean race criteria Id be happy, because I hit cars I think I cut corners and still got the 50%, 345k bonus.
Fun race though...

If you set the fuel consumption to 10x you can win against Gr. 2 with virtually any car on Route X since the AI will run out near the tunnel on the back straight.

I was able to run 4 laps in a maxed Beetle on fuel map 6 between refills.

It’s definitely not the most efficient method but it’s an alternative.

It's not that difficult to work out which track if you refer back to the post he was quoting.......

So basically any N300/400/500 car with full weight reduction and appropriate gearing to reach 190mph+ will win a one lap custom (professional, no boost, start 20th at back) race at Route X against Gr.2 opponents.

👍

Thanks for the clarifying statement. My fault for omitting.

Additionally, I can do this without fuel consumption, and optimised it slightly to use the 205mph/330kph gearbox tune instead.

So, in summary, for SSRX grinding with as few as one lap and as many as infinity laps. It is optimised at 2 laps, looks like (daily workout). Still better than endurance.
  • N300 NSX-R '92 vs. Professional Group 2 opponents
  • Rolling start in 20th spot
  • Gap distance to minimum
  • Boost to none
  • Only car tuning settings are:
    • Fully Customised transmission; set the Top Speed (Auto Set) to 205mph/330kph
  • No tyre damage, no fuel consumption

If you set the fuel consumption to 10x you can win against Gr. 2 with virtually any car on Route X since the AI will run out near the tunnel on the back straight.

I was able to run 4 laps in a maxed Beetle on fuel map 6 between refills.

It’s definitely not the most efficient method but it’s an alternative.

It's not. I was considering doing this, but you waste a lot of time due to how slow the N100-N200 cars are. This is 12 minutes and 147k. The NSX is the fastest car in N300 after light tuning, far as i can tell.

Last edited:
I'm a bit puzzled why you guys are discussing 12 minute SSRX races for 145k when there are GT League events that can be done in under 10 minutes that earn close to double that?

I recognise the nostalgia races have an entry barrier, but the X2014 events are not too expensive to get into and the premier lounge race at Blue Moon Bay has many winning car options.

What's the appeal?

I'm a bit puzzled why you guys are discussing 12 minute SSRX races for 145k when there are GT League events that can be done in under 10 minutes that earn close to double that?

I recognise the nostalgia races have an entry barrier, but the X2014 events are not too expensive to get into and the premier lounge race at Blue Moon Bay has many winning car options.

What's the appeal?

I think the main appeal with using SSRX is that you can pretty much hold the accelerator down and talk on the phone or do something else while you let your car drive straight with the occasional banked turn. Minimal effort is better for some people

I have been playing with SSRX as well. I found i can beat GR.2 cars with an N200 tuned Toyota 2000GT in 1 lap, no fuel consumption. So, 2 laps on this, get your ~150k and your daily miles in.

I think it is odd that there are not more credits given per lap when you come in 1st place after just 1 lap, as opposed to say 10 laps.

And, yes, there are much better/faster ways to earn credits, but I like the challenge of beating higher class cars with the lowest class car - like the N200 vs GR.2 mentioned above, or N500 vs. GR.1

What Coolsy101 said (I can shut off my brain, do other things, and bank a clean race every time), and OCD.

Some smartypants at PD decided to count how many times you win each race... Therefore, I must win each GT League race only once.

I have been playing with SSRX as well. I found i can beat GR.2 cars with an N200 tuned Toyota 2000GT in 1 lap, no fuel consumption. So, 2 laps on this, get your ~150k and your daily miles in.

Thanks for the 2000GT tip! Works like a charm and just as fast as the NSX!

Last edited:
Can confirm the X2014 at La Sarthe is the new fastest grinding method.

X2014 @ Sarthe: 345,000 Cr / 9 mins = 38,333 Cr/min
330 P4 @ Sarthe: 240,000 Cr / 6m40s = 36,036 Cr/min

Didn't really do much to the settings except lower downforce to minimum, RS tyres and set gears to 410 km/h max speed. First lap is crucial as you need to pass cars in the right spots to avoid losing time and get the race done in under 9 mins. Tetre Rouge and the whole of Porsche Curves can be taken flat out. The good news is unlike the Nostalgic race the lineup is always the same and the AI pattern is also identical in every race. It's all about memorising the pattern and once you do it's a lot more consistent than Nostalgic race. Also track limits and car contact penalty seems to be a lot more lenient. I've definitely put wheels on the grass and bumped AI that would make me lose the clean race bonus in Nostalgic, but still ended up with clean race in the X2014. Win-win situation for everyone 👍

Just remember to turn the volume down if you're driving for extended periods :lol:

P.S. Chile has the best car livery IMO :drool: I wonder how other PSN countries liveries look like apart from the ones in this race...

I did this race and got the clean race bonus. I used a similar method with lower downforce and adjusted gear ratio.
You can try to reach the fastest total time and do this in a little less than 9 min race time. But it´s quite risky to overtake at some points for example the Porsche corners. With low downforce overtaking on the straights is really safe and you´re still fast enough to win easy when you wait behind your opponent until to the next straight. :)👍

I did this race and got the clean race bonus. I used a similar method with lower downforce and adjusted gear ratio.
You can try to reach the fastest total time and do this in a little less than 9 min race time. But it´s quite risky to overtake at some points for example the Porsche corners. With low downforce overtaking on the straights is really safe and you´re still fast enough to win easy when you wait behind your opponent until to the next straight. :)👍

Better for grinding money, same for granding XP.
By the way, this X1 event and Nostalgic are the best way to reach level 50.
I suggest to all people that grind on Blue Moon to quit that boring event and do Nostalgic/Sarthe, it's very funny do lap records using 330 P4 (my best lap using my setup is 3.19 and car is very stable) and give 720 exp per minute with clean bonus.
Actually i'm doing 10 times per day Nostalgic and sometimes add a 20 hours endurance using rubber band (Oval track N-101 vs GR1, second place give me 37k exp)... some days i can do 100k exp in a day.
Actually i'm o 30% of level 48.

Some smartypants at PD decided to count how many times you win each race... Therefore, I must win each GT League race only once.
Why? I've won my favourite Premium lounge and Nostalgic races many times in many different cars.

Back