The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
the Nostalgic 1979 on La Sarthe with the Ferrari P4 is such a nice way to grind. So much more fun that Blue Moon. Hopefully, I dont get board of it anytime soon. I went from level 44 to 45 in a day using the Ferrari. It would take about a week to do the same at Blue Moon becuase I cant do five races in a row without a long break.

the Nostalgic 1979 on La Sarthe with the Ferrari P4 is such a nice way to grind. So much more fun that Blue Moon. Hopefully, I dont get board of it anytime soon. I went from level 44 to 45 in a day using the Ferrari. It would take about a week to do the same at Blue Moon becuase I cant do five races in a row without a long break.

Now I have a few wins under my belt at LaSarthe (20, in the Jag) I 100% agree, it's great fun! One difficulty I am having is getting the 50% clean race bonus - only got it twice so far. Does La Sarthe have secret track limits or something??

Fair enough one or two were due to getting pranged from behind or scraping between a hedge and a car that just pulled out to overtake..... but generally it's far easier to avoid traffic here than Blue Moon yet I'm finding the clean race bonus as hard or even harder... I stick to the road, and kerbs (usually!) but I still finish what I thought were clean races with no bonus.... :confused:

But, to get that first old car, Blue Moon makes most sense...

Last edited:
What BMB race are you guys doing in what car to get the max credits?

I think the general consensus was the X-Bow at N300 in Premium Sports Lounge / Professional - lowest rating but can win, gets max "below spec" credits. I couldn't drive it well enough to win, even after using some good tunes on here, so I opted for the Cobra at N600, which nets you +90% bonus, plus the clean race 50% (sometimes!). Not max credits, but far less stressful and a pretty much guaranteed win, even if La Ferrari on pole!

Thanks for the info guys. :)

Edit: Works great with the XBow, 12 minutes flat for 375k, love it. I did have to find a proper tune for the car to make it easier to manage though. :D

D45D4996-E586-40FF-A20D-92E308C00F65.jpeg

Last edited:
On a slightly different note,i tried putting together a custom race with a lower ( me ) vs higher class race,thinking it might equal a decent payout as opposed to the usual races.All good but no handicap bonus,got the clean race bonus ok,also payout was crap aswell.So the handicap bonus is only payed out in GT league races and not in custom set-ups?
Appologies if everyone already knows this but im a little late to the party with custom races,this is my first one.lol:dunce:

On a slightly different note,i tried putting together a custom race with a lower ( me ) vs higher class race,thinking it might equal a decent payout as opposed to the usual races.All good but no handicap bonus,got the clean race bonus ok,also payout was crap aswell.So the handicap bonus is only payed out in GT league races and not in custom set-ups?
Appologies if everyone already knows this but im a little late to the party with custom races,this is my first one.lol:dunce:

You can't get Handicap bonus in Custom Races because the money rewards are already pre-determined at the race setup. And, on the average, the game awards more money in GT League events anyway

Custom Races can be an answer tho if you are looking for a very long single grind (the "Leave the race for a night with buttons/triggers held down by rubberbands" type of grind). If you get the gamepad setup right, you can get couple of mil overnight. But it can have a negative effect on your PS4's longetivity and your electricity costs :lol:

The most money you can get in Custom Race is around 7-8 million Cr., which can be accumulated with couple of hours of BMB/Nostalgic LeMans grind, so it's up to you to decide which one is more effective

Although, if you don't have enough time to play the game and just get in everyday to complete the Daily Workout, this setup can be useful for you

Car:
Pick a light car which can be upgraded to max N200 (i use the classic Alpine A110)
Lower the weight further, if you need
Tune the gearbox so it can hit 315 km/h

Race:
Special Stage Route X
2 laps
Full grid, start last
No Boost
Gr.2 opponents
Professional difficulty

They'll pull off at the beginning of the race, but you'll easily catch up to them by the first banked corner and overtake them on second straight (just make sure the car hits 310-315 km/h)
Extremely easy 150k Cr. with Clean Race bonus and completed Daily Workout routine

Daily reminder that there's more fun options than Xbow

Gr.1 challenge at Maggiore on Racing softs is super easy, 320k (?) with clean race
Mercedes F1 at Fuji on RS, 13~ minutes total time, think it's like 360k with clean race.
Redbull X1 at Catalunya on RS, 12~ min, 300k+ with clean race, but that means dealing with the x1, and it's noise.

Honestly ive been banging out the F1 race daily, it's an easy race and really fun to see how fast you can get your lap time down.

You can't get Handicap bonus in Custom Races because the money rewards are already pre-determined at the race setup. And, on the average, the game awards more money in GT League events anyway

Custom Races can be an answer tho if you are looking for a very long single grind (the "Leave the race for a night with buttons/triggers held down by rubberbands" type of grind). If you get the gamepad setup right, you can get couple of mil overnight. But it can have a negative effect on your PS4's longetivity and your electricity costs :lol:

The most money you can get in Custom Race is around 7-8 million Cr., which can be accumulated with couple of hours of BMB/Nostalgic LeMans grind, so it's up to you to decide which one is more effective

Although, if you don't have enough time to play the game and just get in everyday to complete the Daily Workout, this setup can be useful for you

Car:
Pick a light car which can be upgraded to max N200 (i use the classic Alpine A110)

Race:
Special Stage Route X
2 laps
Full grid, start last
No Boost
Gr.2 opponents
Professional difficulty

They'll pull off at the beginning of the race, but you'll easily catch up to them by the first banked corner and overtake them on second straight (just make sure the car hits 310-315 km/h)
Extremely easy 150k Cr. with Clean Race bonus and completed Daily Workout routine
Appreciate the reply,i only get a few hours a week to play so try to do the workout and a few gt league races,plus maybe a daily race.Im not really fussed about the grind for cash just like to do different races with mixed grids,hence the attempted custom race.Agree that the SSRX is a easy grind compared to the other ways.👍

Car:

Race:
Special Stage Route X
2 laps
Full grid, start last
No Boost
Gr.2 opponents
Professional difficulty

Can you post your tune?

Gr.1 challenge at Maggiore on Racing softs is super easy, 320k (?) with clean race
Mercedes F1 at Fuji on RS, 13~ minutes total time, think it's like 360k with clean race.
Redbull X1 at Catalunya on RS, 12~ min, 300k+ with clean race, but that means dealing with the x1, and it's noise.

Honestly ive been banging out the F1 race daily, it's an easy race and really fun to see how fast you can get your lap time down.
Are these all custom races? Or part of GT League?

/edit: found them in GT League :)

Last edited:
"Good Job" (as you say in Canada!)
Stock, the Xbow is a bit of a handful but you seem to have found good tune 👍

Was she ever! Stock, I could barely make it around the first corner lol. I’ll post the tune later when I log on for anyone who may interested. :)

So the best way for the fastest XP is this Nostalgic race? Do you tune your cars or lower its specs? Or just go with the stock?

Depends on your ability. I tried the Jag stock and couldn't beat the 330 P4s. I looked for a tune and found this (this guy's good!)

Did what he did PLUS reduced weight and added power (don't choose 5 on either, throwing money away) and now pretty much breeze it every race.

Just want to add, doesn't make it a "walkover" by any means. usually have a rubber banding P4 breathing down my neck and finish a second or less ahead!

Thanks. I'm going to farm for 20mln and buy Ferrari P4. Anyone got some setups or just drive on stock one?
If you buy the P4, here's a tune that apparently works:

I agree the Gr.1 are good payouts, and enjoyable, but for me they take a lot more concentration.... I can only concentrate for so long which is why I didn't choose them for grinding!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the tune I used on the XBow, I found it on GTP somewhere but I can’t seem to find it again now. The guy who made it had slightly different gearing, but I couldn’t get mine to match his perfectly, I got it close enough and ran with it anyways and it worked just fine. I’ll see if I can find the original in case it’s better. :)

What times are you making with Xbow on BMB? I've got around 0:47 all the time, with N300 setup.

My best lap yesterday was 46.8 I think but in the 47’s mainly. I did the entire race in 12 minutes flat.

Try the Professional/ premium sports lounge races with a Porsche 911 GT-3 RS (991) '16 at a N400 setting, get 130% bonus for placement and 50% for a clean race. Had to use N500 set-up for the Tokyo and Blue Moon races to get a win. With the N500 you'll only get 109% bonus for placemant

I think they tightened up the clean race requirements at the X2014 event since the last update. Small bumps that I got away with previously now made me lose the bonus. What a pain.

I still feel that quickest way for newbies would be to complete circuit experience and missions to buy the X2014, and then do the La Sarthe race. Other methods might be easier or allow you to do other things, but ultimately they will cost you exponentially more time. Just get grinding done and over with is my principle. The X2014 takes some getting used to but if you do hundreds of races it will be second nature (and it will help train your reflexes massively).

What times are you making with Xbow on BMB? I've got around 0:47 all the time, with N300 setup.

Average lap with no draft is 46.7 or 46.6, best is a 45.7. Even in traffic I rarely ever get a 47.

My best total is a 11:38 under the current physics model, average is between a 11:42 and a 11:44.

So the best way for the fastest XP is this Nostalgic race? Do you tune your cars or lower its specs? Or just go with the stock?

Ferrari 330 P4 on full tune. Takes 75000 miles to do it, though. 350+ kph down the Hunnaudieres when drafting :mischievous:

What BMB race are you guys doing in what car to get the max credits?

Mazda RX500 on N200. Only for the more savvy player though. 170% bonus, 405.000 Cr.

Last edited by a moderator:

About 47.5 on average, all time best is 46.4 by drafting. Sometimes I'll slow to 48 or 49 if I'm coming up on a set of 3 or 4 cars at the turns.

I think they tightened up the clean race requirements at the X2014 event since the last update. Small bumps that I got away with previously now made me lose the bonus. What a pain.

I still feel that quickest way for newbies would be to complete circuit experience and missions to buy the X2014, and then do the La Sarthe race. Other methods might be easier or allow you to do other things, but ultimately they will cost you exponentially more time. Just get grinding done and over with is my principle. The X2014 takes some getting used to but if you do hundreds of races it will be second nature (and it will help train your reflexes massively).

I second this. Get the X-Bow to grind for the X2014, then grind using that (if you can get the clean race bonus) for Nostalgic 1979. Heck, even X2014 is better than the X-Bow process if getting the clean race on BMB is a struggle (which it is at times for me).

Average lap with no draft is 46.7 or 46.6, best is a 45.7. Even in traffic I rarely ever get a 47.

My best total is a 11:38 under the current physics model, average is between a 11:42 and a 11:44.

Wow, I can't hardly do a 46.7 unless I'm drafting, what's your secret haha?

Than share your tune if you can.
It‘s just one of those thingies available on YT... The most important part is tires RH front and RSS back really. Drivetrain plays almost no role as long as you can reach 280 kph. It all works for me so I didn’t change anything.

Last edited:
Back