The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments

Easy as to get clean race in this

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20181016002309.jpg
20181010090725.jpg

Never mind, I'm just going to find this out for myself. I've noticed that the payout varies depending on which track you pick. The maximum payout for second place with this configuration is 8.590.000 Cr. on Willow Springs Streets & Horse Thief Mile. If parking your car somewhere on the track doesn't cancel out the clean race bonus you'll get a whopping 12.885.000 Cr. a day for doing nothing at all. I just started the "race" and will report back tomorrow whether it has worked out.

View attachment 806036 View attachment 806035

Well, guess what? I got nothing :lol:
I picked up the controller about an hour before the 24 hour mark and drove 6 laps and then again 5 minutes before the race finished. Didn't manage to trick the game. I finished 1,262 laps behind the car in 1st.

I've also tried rubberbanding my R2 in a 10 minute race to see if it's enough to just make constant physical input on the controller to trigger the payout. Unfortunately this didn't work either. Due to the lack of roadside barriers on Willow Springs, the car didn't manage to get a single registered lap in (despite getting repositioned on the track whenever it strayed off too far).

So for now it looks like the video shown by Tutorialtest seems to be the best afk method to make money. However evidence in the comment section of that video still suggests that it's kinda unreliable.

I picked up the controller about an hour before the 24 hour mark and drove 6 laps and then again 5 minutes before the race finished. Didn't manage to trick the game. I finished 1,262 laps behind the car in 1st.

I've also tried rubberbanding my R2 in a 10 minute race to see if it's enough to just make constant physical input on the controller to trigger the payout. Unfortunately this didn't work either. Due to the lack of roadside barriers on Willow Springs, the car didn't manage to get a single registered lap in (despite getting repositioned on the track whenever it strayed off too far).

So for now it looks like the video shown by Tutorialtest seems to be the best afk method to make money. However evidence in the comment section of that video still suggests that it's kinda unreliable.

So, now that we’ve cleared this up, here’s what works:

Open a lobby on a random track, choose a random car, set the duration to x hours, ask a friend to join, start the race, switch to autopilot, let him leave the race.

Race ends automatically and gets you about 100k per hour. A 2 hour test lobby on SSRX with the Tomahawk got me 185k credits, 7640 miles and 1400 experience. If you can find more people to no quit after the start but also have the lobby run the payout gets higher. A 30 minute lobby with two drivers yielded 94k for the winner.

Conveniently set up to when you’re going to race again the next day, you can do, say, a 20 hour lobby and make about 2 million. It‘s not a great payout by a long shot, but if you don’t care about the wear on the PS4 and the electricity bill, here’s a little money while you sleep and work.

In order to not completely inflate your mileage driven it’s best to pick the old Beetle or even the kart.

It takes me between 6:40-6:45 minutes to complete Circuit de la Sarthe. It is way more fun to do over Blue Moon. I don't find it difficult to get the bonus either. Im now at level 46 with 220,000XP needed to level 47

@Majorwolf: Thanks but I hate relying on people. I'm actually working on improving the method described by Tutorialtest. You gain 6.440.000 Cr. from a single 24 hour race but if you divide it up into 144 10 minute races you'll make a whopping 9.662.400 Cr. (you get 67.100 Cr. per race).
Now realistically it only works out as 8.052.000 Cr. every 24 hours because it takes about 12 minutes between starting each race, but that's still a huge 1.6 million difference. Obviously the main hurdle here is to restart the race constantly when you're afk. A turbo controller would be the obvious choice here since it can keep pressing the X-Button forever on its own. Unfortunately however the game also requires you to push the O-Button once during the race results screen. I don't know if there is a turbo controller that can do this. You would need one that not only presses X constantly but also O at an interval of about 2 seconds.

Why do people keep insisting on N400 for BMB??

RX500 can even do it as a N200, but for the extra 25K, the hassle isn't worth it. to me at least.

BMB with the RX500 set up as a N300, is an easy win, any car can be in front, any car can participate, you'll still win 375K

Also for when you get tired of BMB, read @domo_v2's post

You can also do the Red Bull Races, but seeing as i never got that Redbull, investing 3.5Million isn't wise, when you are grinding for money.

In one of the very first GT Sport updates, PD changed the payout system a bit. Since then, it requires you to stay certain distance away from the car that finished first: basically, if the opponent is too far ahead by the end of the race, you get no monetary rewards

Your method would've worked at launch, but not anymore, i'm afraid

I wish I'd seen your post earlier, would've saved you the trouble :lol:

1,000,000 Cr. takes ~35 minutes.
20,000,000 Cr. takes ~700 minutes or 11 hours 40 minutes. Figure 12 hours with loading and such.

That's simply too much time spent doing the same race. I want the 15 mil Miura badly, but the only way it'll happen in a reasonable fashion without losing me mind is by doing one BMB grind per day and hope I get lucky on the wheel of fortune. 12 hours on the same track to buy one car is insane. Give us the option to buy the 20 mil cars for $5 each.

20,000,000 Cr. takes ~700 minutes or 11 hours 40 minutes. Figure 12 hours with loading and such.

That's simply too much time spent doing the same race. I want the 15 mil Miura badly, but the only way it'll happen in a reasonable fashion without losing me mind is by doing one BMB grind per day and hope I get lucky on the wheel of fortune. 12 hours on the same track to buy one car is insane. Give us the option to buy the 20 mil cars for $5 each.
Or at least make them as prize cars for endurance races or sport races... I know there will be more tracks and cars in the future but the game design is the biggest flaw since GT5.

If you did it once a day, at 345k payout, you'd have 20 million in 58 days.

I've managed to buy numerous high dollar cars doing this very thing. I must admit, even doing the BMB race once sometimes felt like a grind, so I was very happy to switch to the Le Mans nostalgia race. Which pays better, so adds up quicker.

I've been struggling to get the clean race bonus with X2014 at Le Mans since the last update. The AI seems more braindead than usual too. Even the slightest touch will nullify the bonus. The worst part is you're not sure if that's the case so you can't really do the rest of the race any quicker by cutting the chicanes. Would it be so hard for PD to add a dirty lap indicator to single player?

As such I think (reluctantly) I will be going back to BMB with my (t)rusty XBOW again. Two races a day should get me enough to buy the 250 SWB in ~2 weeks. And unless PD brings back the GT40 Race Car, or adds new Pebble Beach winners, that would be the last expensive car for a while.

It takes me between 6:40-6:45 minutes to complete Circuit de la Sarthe. It is way more fun to do over Blue Moon. I don't find it difficult to get the bonus either. Im now at level 46 with 220,000XP needed to level 47

As of this morning I've now won La Sarthe 101 times, switching between Jag and P4. I am some way from matching your (great!) times, but having a lot of fun! :cheers:

MMX
very happy to switch to the Le Mans nostalgia race. Which pays better, so adds up quicker.

And is much more fun than BMB.

Would it be so hard for PD to add a dirty lap indicator to single player?

100% agree - I've tapped cars and still got the bonus, but also obviously must have strayed from the track (unknowingly) and lost it. Some kind of indicator (like SR up or down in Sport mode) would be really handy.

MMX
If you did it once a day, at 345k payout, you'd have 20 million in 58 days.

I've managed to buy numerous high dollar cars doing this very thing. I must admit, even doing the BMB race once sometimes felt like a grind, so I was very happy to switch to the Le Mans nostalgia race. Which pays better, so adds up quicker.

How the Le Mans pays better? Right now the only car i can use there is the 330 P4. I've done a clean race last night and i got 240k.

Is there a specific car/setup for this race?

If i have to grind, i prefer to do with this race. There's no way i'm going back to BMB :lol:

How the Le Mans pays better? Right now the only car i can use there is the 330 P4. I've done a clean race last night and i got 240k.

If i have to grind, i prefer to do with this race. There's no way i'm going back to BMB :lol:
Le Mans with the x2014 gets you 345k with the clean race bonus.

I do it for the daily workout, not grinding. If you run the race twice, which takes about the same time as running BMB once, you get more money, and enough miles for the workout.

Edit: I'm talking about the nostalgia race. I've run the x2014 race a couple times, but just don't enjoy that car at all, plus the ai are brain dead.

I cannot get either a legit win in the X2014 Le Mans race, or Clean bonus it... I suck with the car and I suck with La Sarthe track limits. Sure, it's easy to cut, but then it's only 230,000 for 9-ish minutes, which is worse than the Nostalgia race.

Is it just me, or AI became way more aggressive in the last update? I'm struggling to get Clean Race bonus at some events due to being punted at the corners regularly. Not like AI was much better before, but at least it was more predictable

In the tuning section of GTPlanet you can find some tunes/setting for the 330P4, you have to maximize the power and reduce the weight using soft race tires and with some attention you can easily win the race with the bonus.
The beginning, due to the grid composition, is the most difficulty part of the race, but if you enter with the right grid (easy win with bonus) you can reperat many times you want.

My personal rank for the best (easy win) cars:
- Ferrari 330P4
- Jaguar XJ13
- Ford Mark IV Race Car

I race BMB only to test new cars now, my KTM has ~200 wins (~180÷190 @ BMB).

IR

My personal rank for the best (easy win) cars:
- Ferrari 330P4
- Jaguar XJ13

I'd agree with that (although I don't have and don't plan to get the Ford.... it usually finishes well down the pack).

Both the Jag and the P4 are quite easy - I generally wait to do any overtaking until the first straight (except for really slow cars), which slows lap times but doesn't matter. I have failed to win in the Jag when the P4's start 1st, 2nd and 3rd on the grid, which is pretty rare.
Weirdly, today I did it and there were no P4s in the race, apart from mine. Never seen that before!

Anyone try to use the Stratos tuned to N300 on BMB? I'm having trouble finding a good tune to make it work, the car does not like to turn sharply at all. So far the best I've gotten was P2 with an optimal time of 48.2 but an average lap time of about 49.5. It accelerates more quickly than the X-Bow which helps, but the time is lost in corners 1 and 3 because I keep skidding. Running a tuned transmission of top speed 174 mph with gears maxed to the left minus gear 5, RS front RSS back.

My usual grind is the final race in the Red Bull series at La Sarthe, only about $230,000 but the race is done in about 5 minutes. There's no track cutting penalty, and a lot of track to cut. Especially the chicanes (just swerve around them), the corner leading onto the straight, and the entire final sector across the line, just drive over the top. Same goes for Catalunya, however that race goes for 8 laps instead of 3, so it's more like 10 - 15 minutes.

My usual grind is the final race in the Red Bull series at La Sarthe, only about $230,000 but the race is done in about 5 minutes. There's no track cutting penalty, and a lot of track to cut. Especially the chicanes (just swerve around them), the corner leading onto the straight, and the entire final sector across the line, just drive over the top. Same goes for Catalunya, however that race goes for 8 laps instead of 3, so it's more like 10 - 15 minutes.

There is a penalty. which is not getting the clean race bonus...

Latest Posts

Back