The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
My usual grind is the final race in the Red Bull series at La Sarthe, only about $230,000 but the race is done in about 5 minutes. There's no track cutting penalty, and a lot of track to cut. Especially the chicanes (just swerve around them), the corner leading onto the straight, and the entire final sector across the line, just drive over the top. Same goes for Catalunya, however that race goes for 8 laps instead of 3, so it's more like 10 - 15 minutes.
How much XP for each race?

There is a penalty. which is not getting the clean race bonus...

If you are pretty sure you won't be getting the clean race bonus anyway, you may as well go the whole hog and cut the corners!
I'm of the driving standard (poor :() where the clean race bonus is exactly that, a bonus. I do not expect to get it driving the X2014.
I aim for it but in that race in that car i know it's not happening.

In my mind, when weighing up grinding, I'd consider the X-bow at BMB with clean race vs X2014 at Le Sarthe without clean race.

Anyone tried Dallara races for XP? Is there something better than BMB and classic LeMans??

BMB and Nostalgic LeMans are the most effective (money or XP per minute), but you can switch it up with the Gr.1 race on Lago Maggiore or Mercedes F1 race on Red Bull Ring. Both earn you roughly 330-340k credits (clean race included, which was relatively easy to achieve before the last update, dunno how it is now since AI is more "dumb type" of aggressive now), the race itself is completed in around 10-15 minutes and since the race is limited to one class only, there is no handicap bonus, so you can go full attack mode with the upgrades (i use TS050 with full power, lowest weight and Racing Softs on Gr.1)

I’m sorry, but how are you doing this in 5 minutes? Cutting the chicanes doesn’t save that much time. My best time cutting every corner I can was 2:39.5 a lap or about 8 minutes overall.
"like" 5 minutes, it was a guess. Yes it turned out to be 7 and a half minutes. But for credits that's pretty good, that's a lot better and quicker than completing the Endurance Series entries that are an hour long.

FYI the XP I earned was about 4300.

the best part in grinding BMB with KTM is that you can literally do that watching Netflix.
That's what I do.
Once a day, daily workout completed (about 49 km), 375k.

I'm about to buy 250 GT SWB.

Only missing 330P4, Cobra Daytona, Mark IV, XJ13, DB3S.

Does finishing whole events gets us bonus xp? I'm currently 46 level and I'm wondering if it would be better to just go with events or stay and farm Nostalgic race :)

I’m away from my PS4 for a couple days and this cane to me while stuck in the airports.

In theory, couldn’t you do the rubber band method on Route X with increased rewards over the other ovals? Since Gr. 2 maxes out around 180 mph, you could use a higher N class car and get the performance difference bonus. Never thought to try and haven’t explored the walls on the track, I know it pushes you in when the banking starts (which might cause problems there), but are there any hard barriers that absolutely prevent this?

EDIT*:

I've now tested this myself, it's doable with N700+, but the barriers near the banking and the banking itself can often present problems, destabilizing the car and spinning it. Happened for me on lap 31 of 40. Rubber band method is still probably better utilized on BMB or NI.

Last edited:
I’m away from my PS4 for a couple days and this cane to me while stuck in the airports.

In theory, couldn’t you do the rubber band method on Route X with increased rewards over the other ovals? Since Gr. 2 maxes out around 180 mph, you could use a higher N class car and get the performance difference bonus. Never thought to try and haven’t explored the walls on the track, I know it pushes you in when the banking starts (which might cause problems there), but are there any hard barriers that absolutely prevent this?

You can detune the Pagani Hyuara to N600 and it will beat Group 1 around SSX. Whether that will work with a rubber banding or not I don’t know for sure. The little bit I tried it did not, the car would not stay on the ground, but I did not fiddle with any settings.

Does finishing whole events gets us bonus xp? I'm currently 46 level and I'm wondering if it would be better to just go with events or stay and farm Nostalgic race :)

How do you manage to win the nostalgic le mans race these days ? It was easy for me until last week. Now i cant manage to win clean anymore with my stock 330P4.
It seems for some reason something changed, and now in every single race i have an AI ferrari or jaguar doing sub 3.30 laps and going well over 325kph in the straight (estimated 340). My laps are always between 3.36 and 3.31 depending on traffic and draft, I dont understand what changed.

How do you manage to win the nostalgic le mans race these days ? It was easy for me until last week. Now i cant manage to win clean anymore with my stock 330P4.
It seems for some reason something changed, and now in every single race i have an AI ferrari or jaguar doing sub 3.30 laps and going well over 325kph in the straight (estimated 340). My laps are always between 3.36 and 3.31 depending on traffic and draft, I dont understand what changed.

If you're grinding, I wouldn't stay stock. Consider this tune, works great for me:

In addition, I upped power, dropped weight. The P4 will get to 360 kph, more when drafting.

I have found the AI to be (again!!!) more aggressive and have been punted off a couple of times the last few days when leading.... but when the win is no longer guaranteed, it adds a bit more fun :cheers:

If you're grinding, I wouldn't stay stock. Consider this tune, works great for me:

In addition, I upped power, dropped weight. The P4 will get to 360 kph, more when drafting.

I have found the AI to be (again!!!) more aggressive and have been punted off a couple of times the last few days when leading.... but when the win is no longer guaranteed, it adds a bit more fun :cheers:

My bad, when I say "stock" I mean stock power and weight.
I do tune the differential and suspensions, but the increasing power and reducing weight is cheating for me :)

I do tune the differential and suspensions, but the increasing power and reducing weight is cheating for me :)

I know what you mean but I'm in this for the money and as i'm no Alien and never will be, every little helps :)

I use Traction Control (1 or 2 usually) and ABS, but I don't use counter steering assist as (to the best of my knowledge) it's not "real-life" technology (but I could be wrong, I drive an old car!)

I know what you mean but I'm in this for the money and as i'm no Alien and never will be, every little helps :)

I use Traction Control (1 or 2 usually) and ABS, but I don't use counter steering assist as (to the best of my knowledge) it's not "real-life" technology (but I could be wrong, I drive an old car!)
More uncanny stuff this morning. An AI Shelby Daytona was going faster than a ford mk... it seems every race, there is one AI that has an unrealistic speed but I notice it only when it's the top cars because they are the only one that can pass me.

More uncanny stuff this morning. An AI Shelby Daytona was going faster than a ford mk... it seems every race, there is one AI that has an unrealistic speed but I notice it only when it's the top cars because they are the only one that can pass me.

Yes, I agree, and they get quicker after you've passed them! At the start of a lap (on La Sarthe) I can be 28 seconds or so behind the leader (starting 16th of course!), manage to be in the lead by end lap 1 / early lap 2 (so I made all that time up!) and yet once I overtake, they rarely drop to more than a second or so behind..... how does that happen??? :lol:

I run this race twice a day, and haven't noticed any changes in the AI. I use the Jag, with stage 1 power, and reduced weight on the default slider. The only other tuning is on the transmission, all else stock. A 330 can start on the pole, and I still catch them toward the beginning to half way of the 2nd lap. I should also mention, I've run this race over 230 times. :lol:

At least twice a day, for the daily workout, but I have run it 3-4 times in a day, if I'm in the mood.

MMX
I run this race twice a day, and haven't noticed any changes in the AI. I use the Jag, with stage 1 power, and reduced weight on the default slider. The only other tuning is on the transmission, all else stock. A 330 can start on the pole, and I still catch them toward the beginning to half way of the 2nd lap. I should also mention, I've run this race over 230 times. :lol:

At least twice a day, for the daily workout, but I have run it 3-4 times in a day, if I'm in the mood.

Pretty much the same as me then. And I have noticed changes in the AI; it does appear to have become more aggressive, I have been punted off more in the last week than any time before, the rubber banding is more noticeable and it is a tad more difficult to win. I alternate between the Jag and the P4. Maybe I'm just imagining it.... but others have made similar comments. And I have a poor imagination. :lol:

I witnessed a helluva wreck between the AI a couple days ago, and almost got caught up in it. Meant to capture it after the race, but forgot. It was a sight to see though. :eek:

MMX

Laptime and top speed ?

I have a video of an AI crash (similar to that seadog was mentioning?). Will upload it and put a link here when I have time.

Here's a thread I started after witnessing a pretty bad bust up on La Sarthe (Nostalgia cup)..... this was before the recent update! Missed first video, but posted pics from a similar, second incident....

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/well-that-was-unexpected.386278/#post-12683707
link for ingame - skip to 1min
https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gts...allery/all/replay/8609539/6062409161008776720

Last edited:
Laptime and top speed ?

I have a video of an AI crash (similar to that seadog was mentioning?). Will upload it and put a link here when I have time.
Laps are 3.33-3.35 with a focus on clean race, not lap times. Top speed with no draft is 205mph, with a nice long draft 215ish.

MMX
Laps are 3.33-3.35 with a focus on clean race, not lap times. Top speed with no draft is 205mph, with a nice long draft 215ish.

Very similar to what I do.... I hang back for the first curvy bits, leave overtaking until the first straight.... not great for lap times but needed if you want that bonus!

MMX

Well you would not beat the AI I get. The fast AI run it in <3.30. The only way I can win is if they start after P6 and if I pass them before the hundaudieres of second lap, and then block them. Otherwise they put me 2s in each straight. I'm slower in top speed though, 325/201 with draft 309/192 with no draft.

Maybe the 330 that starts from P7 are faster than the one that start from P1. I should check that

Well you would not beat the AI I get. The fast AI run it in <3.30. The only way I can win is if they start after P6 and if I pass them before the hundaudieres of second lap, and then block them. Otherwise they put me 2s in each straight. I'm slower in top speed though, 325/201 with draft 309/192 with no draft.

Go on, lose weight, increase power, cheat...! :)

I can see that. Seems like the AI's speed might be effected by the user. The faster you are, the faster they are.

My first Wins in this race were with the cars completely stock and no driving aids, now i make this race only for grinding, so i don't care to use any from of driving help .. ;)

IR

Back