The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
You can still take turn 1 at full throttle, even if you're going 250mph/400kmh (via drafting).
Depending on the opponent roster, you can be in first place just before you start lap 2. I usually average 1:19 on lap 1, 1:14 from laps 2-6. Sometimes, a car you're overlapping will cause you to slow down as early as lap 6. Again, that depends on the roster and when you encounter them.

Getting back into traffic is exactly what hinders you from breaking below the 8:40x mark. I was seeing cars I believe right at the the very end of lap 5 / or right after starting lap 6. It’s not bad if you can catch and pass them on the straights since you can essentially gain speed from drafting them but if it’s on the turns it really messes you up.

I’ve been jumping between the Peugeot and the Audi R18 ‘11. The Audi I have tuned to use only 2nd-5th and to top out on the first corner. I can usually hold a bit over 250mph without lifting if I hit the corner just right and keep the line smooth. I just got my best overall time of 8:42.348 with my fastest lap right around 1:13.0xx. I had a few runs earlier where I had a few laps around 1:12.9xx but made a mistake going into the first chicane and ended up in the red barriers :banghead:. Time for me to give Monza a rest for a day or two :cheers:.

6BB2CF56-C193-4E20-A8AB-1C7F4FEA3307.jpeg

Getting back into traffic is exactly what hinders you from breaking below the 8:40x mark. I was seeing cars I believe right at the the very end of lap 5 / or right after starting lap 6. It’s not bad if you can catch and pass them on the straights since you can essentially gain speed from drafting them but if it’s on the turns it really messes you up.

I’ve been jumping between the Peugeot and the Audi R18 ‘11. The Audi I have tuned to use only 2nd-5th and to top out on the first corner. I can usually hold a bit over 250mph without lifting if I hit the corner just right and keep the line smooth. I just got my best overall time of 8:42.348 with my fastest lap right around 1:13.0xx. I had a few runs earlier where I had a few laps around 1:12.9xx but made a mistake going into the first chicane and ended up in the red barriers :banghead:. Time for me to give Monza a rest for a day or two :cheers:.

View attachment 822604
Nice! Good to see another option there for us to try out! What tune did you end up using?

I took the old Mazda around BMB this morning to get some quick cash. I don’t know how to “fully tune” a car so I just did some quick mods to it. The lowest weight possible, highest N300 power, transmission swapped to sequential and pushed to 300km(I think, I’ll have to check), fully lowered front/back and RSS tires. It was still quite a bit easier than using the fully tuned X-Bow, but probably waaay easier with a proper tune. I don’t know if it’s faster though. :)
View attachment 820957
View attachment 820958

You can do sub 12. Was running 11-45s lately, 52s first lap, 46 the following. On one run had 51.9 and 45.846. Not faster than with the KTM but pretty close and much more agreeable.

Do you have a race for the Daytona Shelby Cobra? :>)
Trying to like the car but can't get it tuned right also >:(
I suspect it's me again screwing up, lol.
X2014 at LaMans? can't even get 3rd ???
Other win clean everytime easy.

I've been beating the crap of every AI, race after race, no aids and using a controller. Even with a P4 on pole, I'm getting on it's slipstream on the Mulsanne Straight of lap 2, and after passing it, it can't get back.

Max power, min weight and long gears for the draft. Here's a video of mine. My setup is at the end of the video.

Last edited:
That’s on N300? VERY nice time! 11:38 here.

Thank you, and congrats too. N300 ? ... of course.
If you take a closer look at the pic you'll notice there's about 15 meters to go to the line. So my race time was 11.38.106 :) ...
I think comparing times here is a bit ridiculous since everything depends on the grid you get and the resulting available slipstream, anyway :
Best time recently was 11.37.150. I was a bit sloppy though once in that race and had slight contact with the wall exiting T3, so I don't count that as a valid PB.
Best time ever was 11.34.something, but that's been sometime last year and it's outright impossible now to repeat that, for me at least.
Another couple seconds quicker is @uMayBeSeated who built the setup 👍 most of us use !

Thank you, and congrats too. N300 ? ... of course.
If you take a closer look at the pic you'll notice there's about 15 meters to go to the line. So my race time was 11.38.106 :) ...
I think comparing times here is a bit ridiculous since everything depends on the grid you get and the resulting available slipstream, anyway :
Best time recently was 11.37.150. I was a bit sloppy though once in that race and had slight contact with the wall exiting T3, so I don't count that as a valid PB.
Best time ever was 11.34.something, but that's been sometime last year and it's outright impossible now to repeat that, for me at least.
Another couple seconds quicker is @uMayBeSeated who built the setup 👍 most of us use !

The different physics model makes those old times impossible.

There seem to be only a few variations in the possible grids, like 4 or so. That’s my impression at least :lol: But very true, hard to compare times here when you are below 11:40, down to luck in the end

I'm sure, but the 512 BBi s a lot of fun :lol:
Which N300 cars you're talking about bud? I'll give them a go :cheers:

X Bow
that old Mazda looking station wagon thing, maybe an R500?
And either a Cobra or Ford GT I think you can get down to N300

I ran a 46.3 last night in an X Bow, I typically can run low 47 or even a 46.9 by myself in the X Bow at N300. You gotta find a good tune for it though. I started out copying a tune on this forum and gradually changed almost everything till I was really happy with it. I have had races where every lap but the 1st was in the 46's. I would be happy to share it if you would like, I have the pictures of the tune, I just have to figure how to load them here again. Computers definitely are not my thing.
I will hafta give that 512 a try, Im always game for a fun drive!!!

X Bow

I ran a 46.3 last night in an X Bow, I typically can run low 47 or even a 46.9 by myself in the X Bow at N300. You gotta find a good tune for it though. I started out copying a tune on this forum and gradually changed almost everything till I was really happy with it. I have had races where every lap but the 1st was in the 46's. I would be happy to share it if you would like, I have the pictures of the tune, I just have to figure how to load them here again. Computers definitely are not my thing.
Not sure how to load stuff on here either lol. I haven't done a tune on my Xbow for BMB in ages. Do you know of any particular links to the latest xbow tunes?

X Bow

Ah yeah, done the X-Bow a few times, which gives you 375K with the clean bonus. Haven't done the Mazda though... will have to give it a try.
I'll keep trying different cars, as I'm always up for a challenge and see which ones are able to beat the LaFerrari, as it is the hardest one on BMB.
Will keep you gys updated :cheers:

Qyn
Not sure how to load stuff on here either lol. I haven't done a tune on my Xbow for BMB in ages. Do you know of any particular links to the latest xbow tunes?

I use this one bro

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yeah, done the X-Bow a few times, which gives you 375K with the clean bonus. Haven't done the Mazda though... will have to give it a try.
I'll keep trying different cars, as I'm always up for a challenge and see which ones are able to beat the LaFerrari, as it is the hardest one on BMB.
Will keep you gys updated :cheers:

I use this one bro

My X Bow tune is way, way different than this one. One thing you can not do is lower it all the way, it will bottom out in T1 and make it very hard to drive. I also have like -3 camber front and -3.5 camber rear. The diff settings are good tho, some put the diff at 60 on all settings and that makes hard to get thru T3.

Watch that LaFerrari, regardless of what you are driving he will ram you, especially between T1 and T2:mad:

Last edited:
My X Bow tune is way, way different than this one. One thing you can not do is lower it all the way, it will bottom out in T1 and make it very hard to drive. I also have like -3 camber front and -3.5 camber rear. The diff settings are good tho, some put the diff at 60 on all settings and that makes hard to get thru T3.

Watch that LaFerrari, regardless of what you are driving he will ram you, especially between T1 and T2:mad:

Great stuff bud

On another note... just tried a straight out of the box GT by Citroen, easiest ride I've ever had. Caught and past the LaFerrari with 4 laps to go and pocketed a reasonable 315K with the clean bonus... result :cheers:

Great stuff bud

On another note... just tried a straight out of the box GT by Citroen, easiest ride I've ever had. Caught and past the LaFerrari with 4 laps to go and pocketed a reasonable 315K with the clean bonus... result :cheers:

Can you reduce it to N400 or N300??

Can you reduce it to N400 or N300??

No man, that's as low as it would go, you can reduce the weight as much as you want though...
It's the easiest ride I've had at BMB, only need to brake at T1. You can go flat out at T2 and just lift a little at T3 at the 100m marker. 46-47" laps and you'll catch the LaFerrari on lap 9 and it will take you about a lap to pass him and lose him, after he repasses you on the straights. If it's not on the top three, race is even easier.
Good luck :cheers:

When I'm around but I've not time to play, I'm launching BMB races with a rope around the joystick and a weight on the throtle. Up to now I was doing so with a N900 LaFerrari for 120 000 every 12'30". I just found out the McLaren F1 could do so at N800 so 140 000Cr each race. I'm trying to find out if I can do the same with a N700 car to increase the gain to 160 000.

I didn't check but I believe this method earns more credits per hours than the endurance race N700 vs Gr4 on BMB.

Edit: It works with the McLaren F1 N700. Just need to find out if there is a N600 able to lap in 48s to try if there is a way to get 180 000 then...

Last edited:
When I'm around but I've not time to play, I'm launching BMB races with a rope around the joystick and a weight on the throtle. Up to now I was doing so with a N900 LaFerrari for 120 000 every 12'30". I just found out the McLaren F1 could do so at N800 so 140 000Cr each race. I'm trying to find out if I can do the same with a N700 car to increase the gain to 160 000.

I didn't check but I believe this method earns more credits per hours than the endurance race N700 vs Gr4 on BMB.

Edit: It works with the McLaren F1 N700. Just need to find out if there is a N600 able to lap in 48s to try if there is a way to get 180 000 then...

Try Mclaren f1, tune to n300 setup and you got 375k credits and 6400 exp poins on Blue Moon SpeedWay

Try Mclaren f1, tune to n300 setup and you got 375k credits and 6400 exp poins on Blue Moon SpeedWay

I know that. I’m just saying with the F1 on a N700 tune, you can let the car wall ride to get 160k each race. The gains are better than on an endurance race N700 vs Gr4. However you have to launch a race every 12'30". I’ll try to find a N600 to get 180k.

The BMB in x-bow is a great earner but you get bored eventually going round in circles grinding :P This one can be done in the Alpine VGT default car on RS tyres with no setting up the car! sub 10 mins is easy if you can pass the AI clean it's a smooth ride to the line for 330K .. 5 laps is perfect for this race and a cool 2 million an hour if you can stay clean in the early laps :cheers:

The Alpine was the very first car I tried and its perfect imo 👍

By the sound of it, the rubber band trick on a 8-hour or 24-hour custom endurance race would be much easier -- no driving required.

You are probably right about that but the way I see is that one can never get too much practice in. Even if the race is easy to win you still need to stay sharp to get the clean race bonus on any race.

- X-Bow at Blue Moon Bay in the Premium Sports Lounge
- Le Mans in the Nostalgic series, with pre-1979 race cars
- X2014 at Le Mans
- Gr.1 at Monza

Yep, pretty much the best races to earn money. So far, in terms of time/credits, the X2014 at Le Mans is the best, I haven't tried it yet since I don't have a X2014 but if it behaves anything like the Mercedes AMG F1 2017 cars then it will be a pain to win the race with the Clean Bonus. And this is La Sarthe...

Same deal with the La Sarthe in the Nostalgic series, haven't done it yet because I don't have a car good enough for it, and they are expensive as hell. But if you get a Ferrari or a Jaguar, I think it should be easy and not so boring.

Blue Moon Bay, might not be the best time/credit race, but it is the easiest with the X-BOW. But you get really bored fast with it... One thing for me at first was that it was basically IMPOSSIBLE to take turn 1 at a high enough speed without spinning the damn thing without AIDs, using a DS4. I just couldn't so instead I turned Stability control on and was fine by then, doing 0.47 laps with an ocasional 0.46 lap inbetween. Even against the LaFerrari it's an easy win.

Monza for me is the best using the Tomahawk Gr.1 car. The AI is easy to predict and the track limits aren't hard to tell and deal with. I still can't get it into 400kph on the main straight and curva grande, max 395 with max downforce so I have to mess up with the gearbox a bit. But I still get average 1.16-1.15 laps, very, very rarely doing a 1.14. The car is also pretty damn good to drive and if you are experienced with a DS4, then controlling the throttle even at first and second gears won't be difficult. Braking is a different story, can't really brake that good with a DS4 without ABS turned on... always have the car locked up, it takes a lot of control over that right analog stick, but I'll try to eventually master it and once I do, indeed all races will be with no AIDs, so far only AID I use is the ABS.

Level 50 is my last trophy needed for Platinum. I have been doing Nostalgic La Sarthe. But I was wondering if there are other races that are good for XP. The Blue Moon X-Bow rubber band trip is great for credits, but bad for XP (leaving the console on six hours for the same XP I can get in twenty minutes doing it myself - not worth the wear and tear on the console).

Nostalgic gives 4,950 XP for a seven-minute race (with clean race bonus). That's roughly 60,000 XP per hour.

However, are there any races out there that give a better XP/hour? I don't care about credits. It could give me 25 for all I care. I was just wondering about possible better XP/hour races.

Thanks.

Back