The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
Or maybe I should just turn active stability management back on, but I would prefer to keep that option as a last resort.
I would use that, it's just grinding so it dosen't matter, but i'm using all the help I can get from GT S :lol: in every single player races:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180711133403.jpg

here is what I use to win this race:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180711133159.jpg

the rest is stock:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180711133211.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180711133223.jpg

Sorry for double posting, I hope it's okay since some days have passed.

EDIT: Ok, WOW! I didn't see this coming, I tuned the Final Gear up to 4.110 so that 7th Gear would say 1.000 / 300, also I set TC to 0 and tried the race again, you wouldn't believe the time I got this time if I didn't make a video, haha.
11:50,576 !!!!!!! :dunce:

Ok...
Bwah! Hahaaa! HAHAHA! ... I can now laugh at my old post where I was so proud of my time, because I used a N400 Porsche 911 and only got a time of 11:50,576 ... Peanuts(!!!) compared to what I did today with a N300 KTM X-Bow!!!

look and shiver: :mischievous:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180724092003.png

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180724093413.png

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180724093009.png

Can I interest anyone in a challange? :D:cheers::gtpflag:
11:46,234 is the time to beat with a N300 KTM X-Bow at "Premium Sports Lounge Race 1" :D

For those of you in doubt if I did indeed race in a N300 class X-Bow, look at the end of this video at the reward screen, you can see I used the N300 X-Bow. (video is from the same race):

Thanks again for encouraging me to take the X-Bow :) having fun with it on the Blue Moon Bay Speedway, it's just a matter of finding the right setup (I mean not necessarily for winning the race, but for going for the overkill) :D
And putting racing hard tires on the front made it race so much better, a lot more steady! Now every time I race this race I try to improve on the set-up, at first I had everything as stiff as possible, now I loosened the rear up just a little, put some extra camber on both front and rear wheels, and this is the result I get :)

Last edited:
Sorry for double posting, I hope it's okay since some days have passed.

Ok...
Bwah! Hahaaa! HAHAHA! ... I can now laugh at my old post where I was so proud of my time, because I used a N400 Porsche 911 and only got a time of 11:50,576 ... Peanuts(!!!) compared to what I did today with a N300 KTM X-Bow!!!

look and shiver: :mischievous:
View attachment 753598
View attachment 753600
View attachment 753599

Can I interest anyone in a challange? :D:cheers::gtpflag:
11:46,234 is the time to beat with a N300 KTM X-Bow at "Premium Sports Lounge Race 1" :D

For those of you in doubt if I did indeed race in a N300 class X-Bow, look at the end of this video at the reward screen, you can see I used the N300 X-Bow. (video is from the same race):

Thanks again for encouraging me to take the X-Bow :) having fun with it on the Blue Moon Bay Speedway, it's just a matter of finding the right setup (I mean not necessarily for winning the race, but for going for the overkill) :D
And putting racing hard tires on the front made it race so much better, a lot more steady! Now every time I race this race I try to improve on the set-up, at first I had everything as stiff as possible, now I loosened the rear up just a little, put some extra camber on both front and rear wheels, and this is the result I get :)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fastest-xp-credit-farming-setup.377859/
You'll easily knock 10-15 seconds off your time with this tune from @uMayBeSeated His PB as of May 1 is 1.30.7xx. My own is 1.33xxx.

I managed to bag 405,000 for doing the premium sports race at dragon trail in an N200 (alpine a110) with a clean race bonus. It took just over 19mins and was blast!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fastest-xp-credit-farming-setup.377859/
You'll easily knock 10-15 seconds off your time with this tune from @uMayBeSeated His PB as of May 1 is 1.30.7xx. My own is 1.33xxx.
Sure, instead of complimenting a newbie on getting a decent performance, why not rub in that he can go 10-15 seconds faster??? No just kidding, thanks, I didn't know there was another topic specifically for the x-bow on this race. I have set up my X-Bow to match the given setup from the topic you linked to, I'll give it a try. But ride height max? Really? On a speedway? Then again this car preveils in the turns, so it's probably logic to do anything that could help maintain high speed in these turns. Hadn't really thought about it like that, when I think speedway I for some reason automatically think ride height minimum (but that resulted in an uncontrollable bottle rocket without it's stick (slightly exaggerated))

Edit: tried it, and yes indeed I went even faster :) first try with that setup: 11:42,707 so around 3,5 seconds faster but I was still used to my old setup, so after a few tries I might be able to get a time near 11:35ish, 11:30 is probably a little too ambitious for my skillset.

Last edited:
For those doing Blue Bay Race on GT League with the XBow, does anyone feel that the new tire model from v1.23 has forced them to get slower lap times? I'm trying it out with ASM on and off, and notice that I can't exit the first turn as fast as the previous update. Previously, my times would range in the 45.3 - 45.8 range, but now I feel that it's pretty hard to go under 46 seconds. I did hit 45.9 seconds with ASM off in this update, but only did so once.

e5zRNw.jpg
X-Bow at Blue Moon Bay, custom race using @uMayBeSeated 's tune. My PS4 Pro overheats (game errors out) if I push it to 24 hours during these hot days, usually I do about 12 hours which yields about 3.3mil, only ABS aids too, btw. Big thanks to @TurismoBad for the tip. Thanks buddy! :bowdown: #rubberbandbandits

Jerome

Last edited:
For those doing Blue Bay Race on GT League with the XBow, does anyone feel that the new tire model from v1.23 has forced them to get slower lap times? I'm trying it out with ASM on and off, and notice that I can't exit the first turn as fast as the previous update. Previously, my times would range in the 45.3 - 45.8 range, but now I feel that it's pretty hard to go under 46 seconds. I did hit 45.9 seconds with ASM off in this update, but only did so once.
Yes, definitely slower in turn 1 and 3 with the 1.23 update. I used to be able to exit turn 1 at a max of 125-130mph, now it is closer to 118-120 mph. Turning around turn 3 I used to be able to keep it at 155 or 156 mph through out the whole turn, now my exit is 153 mph at best.
With good drafting, I was in the low 45.xx before the update, now I'm at low 46.xx. With no drafting, before was mid 46.xx, now well into 47.xx.
I use the standard PS4 controller BTW.

e5zRNw.jpg
X-Bow at Blue Moon Bay, custom race using @uMayBeSeated 's tune. My PS4 Pro overheats (game errors out) if I push it to 24 hours during these hot days, usually I do about 12 hours which yields about 3.3mil. Big thanks to @TurismoBad for the tip. Thanks buddy! :bowdown: #rubberbandbandits

Jerome
If you use a rubber band to keep the camera looking to the right you lower the visuals that the system has to run and it's less wear on the CPU. Might be able to get you longer runs

Maybe when you were doing this it wasn not in game but you can do it with alpine a110 but set the car up first as it is impossible to do it with standard gearbox on that veteran

Yeah I did it in the 2nd race with the Alpine I think, it was too slow for Bluemoon yet I never tuned it. Bluemoon at N300 was still more efficient time wise and ease of getting clean races. I could do that while watching tv, in first in lap 8 or 9, easy sailing.

So it's still easy to make a lot of money in GT League? I read in another thread the payouts were reduced yet that was incorrect I guess?
Sport mode earns me about 115k per hour lol. (Bluemoon was 1,875k per hour)

If you use a rubber band to keep the camera looking to the right you lower the visuals that the system has to run and it's less wear on the CPU. Might be able to get you longer runs

I set the time of day to I think it's evening, the 2nd to last one on the right where its a little cloudy. Maybe there's no airplanes in that one cause I did an 18 hour one this week. But I may try that trick.

Jerome

Yes, definitely slower in turn 1 and 3 with the 1.23 update. I used to be able to exit turn 1 at a max of 125-130mph, now it is closer to 118-120 mph. Turning around turn 3 I used to be able to keep it at 155 or 156 mph through out the whole turn, now my exit is 153 mph at best.
With good drafting, I was in the low 45.xx before the update, now I'm at low 46.xx. With no drafting, before was mid 46.xx, now well into 47.xx.
I use the standard PS4 controller BTW.
Yeah, it's pretty hard to get 45.9 second times for me. At least it doesn't seem like that that race is harder in any way. It's just slower.
Same here! Can't afford a racing wheel yet. :lol:

A new decent/fun race to do for credits is the F1 W08 Merc races. I'm pretty sure the payoff is over 200k even without a clean race bonus (which is gonna be tough to achieve anyways).

I believe the nurburgring race is the shortest in total time, and the track is wider so it's easy to pass compared to Suzuka. Also, the race on the new track in my opinion is the easiest to drive on because it has the least amount of low speed corners (the Merc F1's achilles heel), but it also takes the most time, 20 minutes minimum while I believe the other 2 are around 15 minutes.

Anybody sick of the KTM, or wanting to get better with the F1 (and somehow overcome its awful handling at low speeds), it can be a ton of fun. The F1 is brilliant to drive as low as you're not going through a low speed corner. Make sure you turn off TCS though. Believe it or not the F1 is WAY easier to drive without TCS.

What is the exact maximum payout and how long does the race take with the F1 ?

I still laugh at the idea somebody came up with driving a Mazda MX5 against the Gr 1 with minimum fuel so they were cruising on the 24h Ring and you could pass them easily. Untill the hybrid killed it and PD stopped it.

Have never tried it but the idea was just brilliant and no real cheating.

What is the exact maximum payout and how long does the race take with the F1 ?

I still laugh at the idea somebody came up with driving a Mazda MX5 against the Gr 1 with minimum fuel so they were cruising on the 24h Ring and you could pass them easily. Untill the hybrid killed it and PD stopped it.

Have never tried it but the idea was just brilliant and no real cheating.

Well the payouts I'm almost positive are 240k, 360 with a clean race (which isn't easy). And at least at Suzuka, the race is 15minutes. I think it's about the same amount of time or shorter at Nurburgring, but it's about 20 minutes at La Croix.

It's not a better money maker than the KTM blue moon race but it's a fun alternative.

and yea I miss the N100 vs Gr 1 race. It was always funny. What I REALLY miss was the pit lane glitch. I'm still so angry that I discovered that glitch, the night before the fixed it. I only saved up 3 million with it.

I've been away from the racing for a while, realised half way through the Nordschleife with my Mazda that the other cars did not use as much fuel as before :lol: I get why they remove all these bugs, especially since releasing MT's, but I miss the good old days where you could sell infinitely Toyota RSC's :bowdown:

The Nord was much more enjoyable to grind, even though it had lower payouts and took more time. I simply cannot bring myself to bother with consecutive races on the Blue Moon.. Annoyingly I lost out on every money glitch that has been in this game as well :yuck:

Explain more please
He can't, he's banned. However it refers to just driving round Blue Moon Bay Speedway with the SRT Tomahawk, with the throttle permanently at max and a slight amount of right-hand steering. The car will just scrape round the walls for however long you let it, gaining you money, mileage points and XP. It's good for quick mileage points - every lap is ~20Mi points - but really slow for everything else. The only advantage is that you don't have to be there while it does it.

A new decent/fun race to do for credits is the F1 W08 Merc races. I'm pretty sure the payoff is over 200k even without a clean race bonus (which is gonna be tough to achieve anyways).

I believe the nurburgring race is the shortest in total time, and the track is wider so it's easy to pass compared to Suzuka. Also, the race on the new track in my opinion is the easiest to drive on because it has the least amount of low speed corners (the Merc F1's achilles heel), but it also takes the most time, 20 minutes minimum while I believe the other 2 are around 15 minutes.

Anybody sick of the KTM, or wanting to get better with the F1 (and somehow overcome its awful handling at low speeds), it can be a ton of fun. The F1 is brilliant to drive as low as you're not going through a low speed corner. Make sure you turn off TCS though. Believe it or not the F1 is WAY easier to drive without TCS.

I tried the ngp race today and almost ended up braking my controller. What a terrible car to drive at low speeds. 1mm too much movement on the left stick and it instantly spins while cruising at 50 kph. I managed to win on Saint Croix yet NGP and Suzuka only netted me 80 and 60k. Still more than sport mode :boggled:

I tried the ngp race today and almost ended up braking my controller. What a terrible car to drive at low speeds. 1mm too much movement on the left stick and it instantly spins while cruising at 50 kph. I managed to win on Saint Croix yet NGP and Suzuka only netted me 80 and 60k. Still more than sport mode :boggled:

I haven't tried it with a controller but it's great fun with a wheel. Still awful at low speeds but much more manageable

The vintage cup race at La Sarthe is going to be a popular grinding race...less than 8 minutes, 160,000 credits, easy to win, easy clean race bonus (+80,000), and a lot more fun than Blue Moon Bay. Two clean races in 16 minutes pay more than the 1hr GR. 3 endurance series

Buy in price is expensive though with the Daytona as a minimum and the $20 mil. cars being more competitive.

I tried that race in the GTO and had no hope in hell of winning it (even after fixing the transmission).

Which car makes it easy?

Hi everyone! In another post, I mentioned about how much one makes from doing 10 Premium Sports Lounge - Blue Bay races. This was assuming the following:
- The KTM XBow is used and is tuned down to N300.
- The player races cleanly.
- The player completes the event in 12 minutes.*
> To make this a bit easier for me to do maths, the timing does NOT include loading screens, results screen, menu, etc.

Under the first two conditions (at minimum)... One can complete the Blue Bay Race in:
375.000 cr = 12 minutes (first run)
750.000 cr = 24 minutes (second run)
1.125.000 cr = 36 minutes (third run)
1.500.000 cr = 48 minutes (fourth run)
1.875.000 cr = 60 minutes (fifth run)
3.000.000 cr = 1 hour 36 minutes (eight run)
3.375.000 cr = 1 hour 48 minutes (ninth run)
3.750.000 cr = 2 hours (tenth run)

With the new Nostalgic 1979 race, I'm curious to see how much one can earn in 10 races. A clean race yields 240k credits. This post is WIP, so I'll be updating it and hopefully have the data before this coming Saturday. ANYWAYS, this is assuming the following:
- The Ferrari 330 P4 is used.
> To make this a bit easier for me to do maths, the timing does NOT include loading screens, results screen, menu, etc.

Just from run #1 at Circuit de la Sarthe - No Chicane (with racing Hard tires), I completed the race in 7:24, but will round it up to 7:30 for simplicity's sake.
240.000 cr = 7.5 minutes (first run)
480.000 cr = 15 minutes (second run)
720.000 cr = 22.5 minutes (third run)
960.000 cr = 30 minutes (fourth run)
1.200.000 cr = 37.5 minutes (fifth run)
1.920.000 cr = 60 minutes (eight run)
2.160.000 cr = 1 hour 7.5 minutes (ninth run)
2.400.000 cr = 1 hour 15 minutes (tenth run)

When upgrading the P4 with max power and minimum weight, you can complete the event in less than 7 minutes. So far, my personal best is 6:47.4. ;)
It is also doable with a fully upgraded Jaguar XJ13. While the XJ13 is slower, it is more stable, so if you're willing to spend 10 more seconds to complete the race in one piece, the XJ13 will be your best friend.

So you don't have to scroll up and down, here's the comparison, side by side, in the spoiler below (note: the cars in the graphic are fully upgraded):
credit chart_1.jpg
Hopefully I correctly did the math. I'll be updating with other races and (hopefully) better times as time goes on.
Since Nostalgic 1979 - Circuit de la Sarthe seems to be THE best event from the other two (St. Croix and Monza), I won't do the maths for those, unless if you really want me to.
I'm also hoping to eventually add the other cars into this chart; I'm working on the 250 GTO but need more Mileage Points to fully upgrade it. Cheers! :cheers:

Updates:
30 Aug 2018:
- Started first with Circuit de la Sarthe - No Chicane. I moved the P4's Top Speed (Auto Set) to 217mph. The car can't reach that speed, so its default Top Speed is likely a better idea. Still messing with it. Racing Hard tires are used. Completed race in 7:24, 1 second ahead of 2nd place (P4).

2 Sep 2018:
So much for a Saturday update lol. Anyways, thanks to a couple users here, I've updated the posts with better times and added the Jaguar XJ13 to the mix. Don't forget to maximize power and reduce weight on the cars!

Attachments

• credit chart.png
    credit chart.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Hi everyone! In another post, I mentioned about how much one makes from doing 10 Premium Sports Lounge - Blue Bay races. This was assuming the following:

Under the first two conditions (at minimum)... One can complete the Blue Bay Race in:

With the new Nostalgic 1979 race, I'm curious to see how much one can earn in 10 races. A clean race yields 240k credits. This post is WIP, so I'll be updating it and hopefully have the data before this coming Saturday. ANYWAYS, this is assuming the following:

Just from run #1 at Circuit de la Sarthe - No Chicane (with racing Hard tires), I completed the race in 7:24, but will round it up to 7:30 for simplicity's sake.

So you don't have to scroll up and down, here's the comparison, side by side, in the spoiler below:
Hopefully I correctly did the math. I'll be updating with other races and (hopefully) better times as time goes on. Cheers! :cheers:
If you also need the image in the above spoiler to be of bigger resolution, let me know and I will produce a higher-res image.

[More coming soon]

Updates:
30 Aug 2018:
- Started first with Circuit de la Sarthe - No Chicane. I moved the P4's Top Speed (Auto Set) to 217mph. The car can't reach that speed, so its default Top Speed is likely a better idea. Still messing with it. Racing Hard tires are used. Completed race in 7:24, 1 second ahead of 2nd place (P4).
Circuit la sarthe can be done within 7 minutes with weight on level 5 with minimal weight and power on level 5 as well with the 330 P4.

So you don't have to scroll up and down, here's the comparison, side by side, in the spoiler below:
Hopefully I correctly did the math. I'll be updating with other races and (hopefully) better times as time goes on. Cheers! :cheers:
If you also need the image in the above spoiler to be of bigger resolution, let me know and I will produce a higher-res image.

[More coming soon]

Updates:
30 Aug 2018:

I'm using the Ferrari 250 GTO full power and weight reduction upgrades, RSS tires and tuned suspension and transmission. I can complete the race in under 7 minutes. I also have the 330 that will complete it faster than the 250 fully tuned but its still over 6 minutes.
Definitely one of my new favorite grind races now.

Back