Must buy 20,000,000 dollar car to race in nostalgic 1979 professional race ?

• Thread starter bwanabud
  • 374 comments
One more thing, this is new meta for grinding, 7minutes for 240k credits... Even beats BMB Premium Longue, although you need a 20mils car for it :)
But considering races are 7 minutes long and there is much less stress regarding powerand for clean race it is easier here to get one...
Thanks for the tip. Just used this and it is a nice alternative to BMB grinding, still that long stretch in the second lap might get boring fast.

Daytona cannot win sadly, especially if 330p is on pole... I mean, it could potentially win but it's pace is far off 330 and Jag.

Fastes opponent that I had was driving 330p4 and did race in ~6:48.

Clean times that I got with each car max tuned and with setup

330p4 ~3:21
XJ13 ~3:23
Cobra Daytona Coupe ~3:38

Didn't try 250GTO and still need some cache for Mark 4.

Yes it can. I literally won this on my first try last night, with the Shelby.

Granted, I didn't take 1st until the Porsche Curves of the last lap, and the 330 finished right behind me. But that was a totally clean lap. There are quite a few chicanes you can cut for an easy win

You just need to git gud or upgrade the Shelby. Full power, min weight, minimum ride height

Yes it can. I literally won this on my first try last night, with the Shelby.

Granted, I didn't take 1st until the Porsche Curves of the last lap, and the 330 finished right behind me. But that was a totally clean lap. There are quite a few chicanes you can cut for an easy win

You just need to git gud or upgrade the Shelby. Full power, min weight, minimum ride height

You probably got lucky not to have that hyper 330p4 in race that I had few races ago... man I got it by 1.5 seconds at the end... still ended clean. What was your race time?

Wish we could get insight were are limits on the tracks so we knew what is clean what not...

the cars take a unskillful, mind numbing grind to unlock, but once you’ve put in enough “work” (read: rubber bands) to unlock them

Or, and I know this is going to be outrageously controversial, you could try, umm, y'know, playing the game?!?

Here's my credit balance, with absolutely no grinding, rubber banding, or any other nonsense... just playing the game:
upload_2018-8-31_0-27-8.png

I've earned over 70m credits, spent 50m, and failed to earn untold credits during races because I was already at 20m and there was nothing I wanted to spend credits on.

You can get the Daytona Coupe for 15 million but I want to save up for the Miura. I only have the P4 because birthday. Situations like this make me wish GT Sport had better credit grinding venues (Sure, Blue Moon Bay can give you 375 grand a pop but I'd rather have at least half a million). And a higher credit cap. I doubt the 20 million credit limit is imposed by the software or hardware. A cap of at least 50 million would be reasonable. It would be nice if this event in particular allowed us to quickly recoup the extravagant sum you have to pay to own one of the eligible cars.

Or, and I know this is going to be outrageously controversial, you could try, umm, y'know, playing the game?!?

Here's my credit balance, with absolutely no grinding, rubber banding, or any other nonsense... just playing the game:
View attachment 762674

I've earned over 70m credits, spent 50m, and failed to earn untold credits during races because I was already at 20m and there was nothing I wanted to spend credits on.
If I spend the afternoon in a car show lobby, do I get credits for winning first place in the car show?

How many credits have you made off the liveries you’ve designed?

There’s a lot to do in GTS, “just play the game” is a little ambiguous when I have absolutely no idea how you actually play the game.

Again though, your stance does nothing but support people who have the most amount of time to sink into the game. Your notion of “just play the game” equates to “play the game a lot”.

Why should someone who has limited time to play the game be prohibited from driving certain cars? Why is it that some of the most iconic race cars of all time need to be nothing more than trophy cars for players who can sink the most time into the game?

What’s so special about sinking hours into the game, versus either being a very skillful racer, or showing PD real support by sending them real money (just a side note, people sinking 100s of hours into the game doesn’t actually show support to PD. Sending money to PD shows them support)? Why is it that someone who is useless behind a steering wheel, and/or bought a used copy of every GT game to ever come out, but can sink the hours into the game to get the credits to purchase these cars; why do these players get to drive the rare cars, while players who are skillful online racers and/or willing to show PD support with real money, but have limited play time, blocked from accessing these cars?

The only counters people have come up with are:

It makes them “rare” - there’s other ways to make them rare, without putting them behind a grind wall, but people won’t support these alternatives because ‘it’s not fare’.

It’s always been this way - a) no it hasn’t, and b) that’s a terrible justification.

They’re “trophy cars” - in a sandbox driving game, the cars aren’t trophies, they’re one of the main reasons people buy the game. Furthermore, “trophies” for nothing more than a timesink are rediculous, not to mention that making some of the most iconic racecars in history as the trophy for a timesink is even more rediculous. If people need trophies for their timesink, how about stickers they can put on their cars, or some special colours, or wheels, or suits, or helmets, anything but the actual cars. If we’re going to have trophy cars for a timesink, why not have equivalent trophy cars for skill, and others for people who show PD real support with real money?

View attachment 762674

Your actual average game playing time (actual driving time) is 2.34 hours a day, read into that what you will, 16 hours of GTS a week is a part time job, and you’ve only earned 70,000,000, I reckon there’s a complaint there that PD are not paying a minimum wage :lol:

I've played the game for nearly 46 days (time driven), earned almost 255 million credits in total, and am still 7 million short for the race car :lol:
Stupid 20 mil limit and horrible 30% return value on cars. Btw most of that I earned while grinding to lvl 50 back in Januari, sport mode payouts are laughable.

I'm gonna play some more GT league tonight, sport mode is too skinny. (not really any fun races on this week)

Time out. What's this?
DmCWvaIUYAA7dDH

Don't tell me these are AI cars in that race. Kind of a slap in the face if they are.
Yeah, they are, only to serve as backmarkers. The Group 2 races similarly feature Group 3s as backmarkers. That said I wish I could use the old GT40 road car in these. You can soup it up to nearly 600 horsepower I think which is plenty. But I have 10 million in the bank now and I've decided to save up for the Mark IV.

Yeah, they are, only to serve as backmarkers. The Group 2 races similarly feature Group 3s as backmarkers. That said I wish I could use the old GT40 road car in these. You can soup it up to nearly 600 horsepower I think which is plenty. But I have 10 million in the bank now and I've decided to save up for the Mark IV.
That's just keeping the can of worms open. Teasing the Multi-class racing, that we can't replicate in Custom Races. Especially knowing the AI cars have those classic liveries.

And, here's the capper... I just did the St Croix circuit experience. Had the 250 GTO, Sambabus, Enzo and Huracan. Got gifted the Enzo. :indiff:

That's pretty silly, rival cars that aren't eligible.
The only AI car I can't enter that I'd want to enter in this race anyway is the '66 GT40. I bet it would be fast enough. I have the P4 (which in my unsuccessful trials turned out to be really fast as an AI car at Le Mans) but I want to get my hands on the Mark IV too.

Yeah, not having the GT40 selectable, is just wrong.

I tried doing a Custom Race in the Mini, but I can't select Gr. X as the other class.

I have a Ferrari 330 P4, which I won, so will be doing those events. However, if I didn't own the Ferrari I would never get to try those races as I will never build up Cr20m for a car. But that's OK with me as I don't see the problem with a rare prestigious event as it makes it feel special should you be lucky enough to be able to afford your own entry car.
People are crazy to grind for a 20m credit car. With regular daily mileage and prize cars you should eventually get one of these. In the meantime use your credits to purchase pretty much every other car in the game.

People are crazy to grind for a 20m credit car. With regular daily mileage and prize cars you should eventually get one of these. In the meantime use your credits to purchase pretty much every other car in the game.

The prize cars tend to be the ******** cheaper cars. I bet you could play for a year and never win a car eligible for this race.

The prize cars tend to be the ******** cheaper cars. I bet you could play for a year and never win a car eligible for this race.

You'll win it the day after you spend 20 mil on it. Yet don't feel too bad, you get 6 mil trade in value on your brand new 20 mil car :lol:

We are not crazy to grind and if you want something, well you just have to do it. I have got all the cars in the game except one, the Ford Mark lV race car '67.

I am getting close to having to having my first 20 million after playing for like 6 month almost every day.

But now wich car should I buy first ?

Wich one do you think is best to grind these new races, and also wich one is most fun to drive ?
If you did Blue Moon Bay 3 or 4 times a day (depending on what car you use), you earn at least 1 million credits a day. That can be done in less than 45 minutes. Don't know why it took you six months.

I have never missed a daily marathon since January and I have never gotten anything more valuable than a Gr.1 car from the spinner. So yes, you do have to grind because the RNG in this game is 🤬 up.

Also, anybody catch that the Event title is possibly referring to the GT5 ending song? It's "1979" by Smashing Pumpkins.

How good? Give more detail pls

...when upgraded, it is fast and really stable, nice car to drive TBH with you. But on more technical track 330p4 has weight advantage, by a lot.

If by any means there will be Daily C with these cars, MPG and tires will suffer on it...

But stability and speed, man it goes like hell...

Grinding is defined by the repetition, not time taken. Repeating something for 45 minutes every day just to make money is grinding.
First of all, that isn't strictly true. It's 3 or 4 races depending on what car you are using. Again not a grind.

Despite getting the game on day 1, and now having 415 total cars in the garage. I still have not gotten a 20 million credit car yet as a prize car and now they put out this event? Come on, when i am going to get one of these classics? And i refuse to go to 0 cr over this race series espically since there is no prize car in return. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Back