The Eliminati

My best place for the evening was 7, but with 3 head to head wins. My tendency is to let the challengers come to me. Oh and a fun thing happened, I was 49% in the Forzathon and playing Eliminator pushed me to 50%. I really don't know if that is related or not.
Update: Went back and got a 5th, at dusk/night, now that's sport!

Last edited:
Really warming up to this mode. Still no wins, but have made the top 12 every time but the first two attempts. I feel that once the arena gets to its smallest size, all vehicles outside of the arena should just be immediately disqualified, if not have their bar deplete much faster than usual. More often than not, people will get a massive head start on the final race by leaving the arena during the final 30 second countdown. I could have actually won once or twice if not for that. Anyhow, my history:

-15th (Lancer VI)
-32nd (Subaru WRX STI 2008)
-5th (Subaru WRX Rally Car)
-8th (VW Touareg)
-2nd (Volvo Polestar)
-3rd (Golf MK4)
-9th (Subaru 22B STI)

All my vehicles were drops. I just avoid other players at all costs, even though I figure that the head to head races are the only way to acquire vehicles above tier 6.

All my vehicles were drops. I just avoid other players at all costs, even though I figure that the head to head races are the only way to acquire vehicles above tier 6.

I've had a level 8 Audi R8 and a level 9 Aventador SV spawn near the Festival autoshow, and saw someone unlock the level 10 Hoonigan Cossie within seconds of the game starting, so there are definitely some very rare high level drops.

I've had a level 8 Audi R8 and a level 9 Aventador SV spawn near the Festival autoshow, and saw someone unlock the level 10 Hoonigan Cossie within seconds of the game starting, so there are definitely some very rare high level drops.

Good to know, best I've found thus far is a level 6 Subaru rally car in the wind farms.

I just logged into the game again recently and I was greeted by this:
Forza Horizon 4 12_17_2019 8_53_00 PM.png

...eh? I didn't even know that was a thing. Interesting. Sounds like a potentially fun glitch, even though it may be annoying :lol:

I wish they would fix the H2H bug first. It's getting a little bit annoying to reset the game every 3-4 Terminators. It's even more annoying when you have 17 players on the last circle... just waiting for 5 of them to quit. :guilty:

Win #10, my first with the Porsche Macan. The final circle was just south of Arthur's Seat. Surprisingly, the finish was in Edinburgh, on that loop of a road in the NW section of town.

14-12-2019_01-00-03-d3b5pcc0.png

My only victory so far (although I must admit I haven't played the Eliminator since - I am too sleep deprived for that).

Picked up a Tier 2 GT-R, then a Tier 3 Subaru, used it to win a H2H against a Supra, and the game let me choose between that and, well, you guessed it, another Supra. But I ended up in front of a 6x6 drop and was having a peculiar feeling, so I picked it almost at the last minute. And that peculiar feeling was right, for we were in Broadway and the finish line was on the other side of Lakehurst Forest. While everybody else was trying to stick to the roads as much as possible I cut through the woods, miraculously managed not to hit any tree or roll the car, jumped off a cliff right into the finish line and a comfortable win.

First shot at it, I spawned directly next to a drop with a 22b, camped in the woods abit, got pinged with an inactivity notice that happened to be right when a Supra drove by, and he challenged me on the spot.

It looked bleak because I hit a jump wrong and demolished all of my forward momentum, but he ended up eating it over a hilly area near the wind farm. Took his car by mistake (really wanted to keep the 22b), and played the keep-away game until the final dash. Finished 7th overall.

Second time, someone in a Mini at full-chat did a fly-by beep and ended up going into the correct direction of the race destination. Knocked out at 50th.

Third event, spawned near the Festival, had to outrun the wall through the woods! :scared: Found an Audi S2 drop, got challenged immediately by an R32 GT-R, had him covered until I socked a tree, directly before the H2H finish. :banghead: Placed 25th on that one.

It's fun.

I'd thought I would have a round before I leave for work.

Spawned by the Wind Farms, found a Bentley Continental drop. Beat a 22B to the beach, upgraded to Fiesta RS. Hid near the highway, got caught by a Ram Rebel, beat him to the beach again, upgraded to Audi S1. Hid until the Showdown. It was a clean straight and I had a massive headstart. Despite hitting a tree 600 yards from the finish, I became THE ELIMINATOR!

Let me tell you, my heart never beated that hard before...

Did quite a few runs today to finish off the last achievement and few highlights are as follows.

2 wins in a row, first with the RJ Pro Truck and the second with the Aventador SV, the short story behind the second one being a highlight itself. :P

Was doing a pacifist run(despite already having the achievement.) when I got challenged by the previously mentioned Lambo just outside Edinburgh.

The guy ended up hitting a tree and losing his car(And probably his mind and controller too.:lol:)

Took the Lambo to the final showdown at the nearby drag strip and then won the short race to the back of Edinburgh. 👍

But the best highlight was starting at the Festival and spotting within 5 seconds of starting another Aventador SV.

Only this one was a car drop. :eek:

I immediately went on the offensive and got a level 10 Hoonigan Gr.A, then a normal Aventador, back to the Gr.A and then the one level 10 car I hadn’t driven yet, The AMG GTR.

33E5DE18-CADC-4369-BD7C-FABC2DB34D7D.png

The end result was as you see it, 7 eliminations and another 1st place win in what’s easily my luckiest/dominating run to date. :bowdown:

Got the Pacifist achievement, a fifth place and the Renault in one play, not bad! I did notice that the arena shrinking probably took down more racers than actual head to head matches.

Just got my 11th win. Sorry, no screencap this time. I hit the “play again” button out of habit and lost my chance. Final arena was just south of the rail yard. I was in a Bowler. Was on the East-West two-lane highway. Could have gone east, west, or south. I took a gamble and headed east as fast as I could. I timed it so the wall fell as I blasted out of the arena going 100 mph+ and still accelerating. I was in luck. The finish was directly ahead of me. It turned out to be on the south side of Arthur’s Seat. I made one mistake. There’s an area that is enclosed on three sides by unbreakable wall and I drove right into it. Fortunately so did everyone else. I was able to get out and back on course before anyone else. I managed to win by just a few car lengths.

At last, got Pacifist to register! :banghead:

Final race was from the SW corner to a road at the north end of the forest. Near the start some wanker in a Lambo drove into the back of me at full pelt and it's the fastest that little Mini's gone yet :lol: Then he sideswiped me off the road... so the red mist was up :mad: Figured I might as well leave him to his road route and took the straight line to the finish, through the forest. Some lucky escapes meant I avoided bouncing into any trees. It felt sooo sloow but the finish was getting close and it wasn't over yet. Saw the Lambo was at the finish already, heart sank, oh well, it was a good effort... but he must've missed it! Victory, and justice, were mine :D

Forza Horizon 4 23_12_2019 02_25_02.png

Still haven't won a game, despite 30 something attempts. The problem is I loathe Cross Country races, and that's all this mode rewards. I'll keep on sucking until I get the Cougar and most likely never touch it again.

I think the fact that you have to actually PICK the mini, even through it's the only choice is an indication of what's to come. They wouldn't have used a car selection screen in there if they weren't planning on having that as a feature in future games.

K

I think the fact that you have to actually PICK the mini, even through it's the only choice is an indication of what's to come. They wouldn't have used a car selection screen in there if they weren't planning on having that as a feature in future games.

K

Yep, along with the fact that the pacifist achievement states to reach the final showdown in "a level 1 car" rather than the mini.

Got my first win today, though I can't say I earned it.
  • Found a Bowler (lv6) right off the bat at the old airstrip.
  • Challenged someone in a Focus RS in the forest and only won because I ran into fewer trees.
  • Upgraded to the 959 rally (lv7) and avoided players for the remainder of the match.
  • And only won the final race because the finish was on top of that bridge and the lead car went underneath.
So yeah, just a series of events that were all down to dumb luck. It didn't feel right, but I'll take it.
Forza Horizon 4 (138).png

Got my first win today, though I can't say I earned it.
  • Found a Bowler (lv6) right off the bat at the old airstrip.
  • Challenged someone in a Focus RS in the forest and only won because I ran into fewer trees.
  • Upgraded to the 959 rally (lv7) and avoided players for the remainder of the match.
  • And only won the final race because the finish was on top of that bridge and the lead car went underneath.
So yeah, just a series of events that were all down to dumb luck. It didn't feel right, but I'll take it.
View attachment 876378

A lot of it does come down to luck no matter what (e.g. trees, car drops, direction of your car prior to races, and the destinations themselves) and even though I like doing head 2 head races, staying hidden from other players for a while to avoid races until the final one is just one of the many strategies people use in these games. So you can take that victory with pride.

It's taken days of frustration and annoyance, but I finally scored my first Victory Royale.

5ab1d4e1-e483-4892-8b63-eb87b71c9f18.PNG

Beat another Mini to kick off, before rushing back to a Lvl 5 drop to pick up a RAM TRX. Caught an RS2 napping before they could get to a Lvl 4 drop and beat them to upgrade to the Lvl 6 STI rally car. Hid in some bushes for a few minutes and quickly darted out towards the north-north west as the finish was on the other side of the river after the waterfall.

Had to work hard as a Lvl 9 NSX was running faster but I was able to dodge more trees than them and managed to climb out of the river just before them.

Well I've finally won one, level 8 Gallardo.

Been having some good drops today, I spawned next to a Rally Impreza twice and a 959 was next to the autoshow.

Wow, make that 2 wins now!

Last edited:
I'm interested to see where they go with this mode. It'd be fun if they introduced some sort of prize every couple of weeks that you can only get by winning the Eliminator. Maybe not a car, since I know that'll make some people grumpy, but like a race suit for your avatar or something - or even just a fancy reskin of one of the existing suits.

You could have a cycle where the cars are all Mercedes, for example, and have a Mercedes-branded race suit as the prize for winning the Eliminator during that period.

I also think it'd be neat if they went the Fortnite route of having actual in-world events and stuff that change the open world.

Has anyone else interfered with other players' races? I constantly bullied a Mini into a tree who was in another race and got a kick out of it. Savage but now I'm tempted to do it again. :lol:

Back