The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there.
(147 kph with 14 tonne, hauling two Volvo prime movers, 550 Cummins)

ets2_01303.png

We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there.
(147 kph with 14 tonne, hauling two Volvo prime movers, 550 Cummins)

View attachment 454452

Niiiice. I see you run the Air stacks as well, I have mine in chrome tho. I have the new interior, and I currently am shipping a Siemens transformer to Denmark tonight. 100 ton load :D C15 Chip tuned. 870?HP I found out something weird. I have the mid lift axle. If I lower it, it makes the truck unstreerable. If I raise it, I can drive normally.

Sad News here, I cannot run any JazzyCat traffic packs at all. It seems that the beta is wrecking anything that is a traffic mod. I can only run the trucks mods, and UI environmental, and the tractor in traffic mod. :( . I have the AI police mod, but I don't dare do anything right now.

I'm sticking to 1.20.1 for now. Promods , Poland and who knows what else is incompatible with 1.21 !

:D

Another dumb question: did they change the sounds for the trucks in the latest versions? When I was playing v1.16 I could hear the turbos going but after I updated to 1.20 I can barely hear them at all. It was one of the things I enjoyed listening to most too. :(

AI traffic sounds were changed in a previous update. If you were using a sound mod. The update could of nuked it. May need to wait for an update. With the Peterbilt 351 the sound mod does not work at all. Its always a works in progress, and things like this happen.

Game gets better and better. I was going to buy the new Accessories DLC but I bought this instead :D

ets2_00155.png

To keep realism, I'm even driving it in its RHD version. G27 shifter on the left and all. The first time I was getting super confused with the splitter and range switch, but I'm finally used to it.

What sort of graphics card level and ram would I need to play this at the max level?

I use a Nvidia ASUS GTX 650 TiBoost, have 8GB DD3 Ram. If u have that or better the game is smooth on graphics.

Game gets better and better. I was going to buy the new Accessories DLC but I bought this instead :D

View attachment 456130

To keep realism, I'm even driving it in its RHD version. G27 shifter on the left and all. The first time I was getting super confused with the splitter and range switch, but I'm finally used to it.

I m going semi auto, and dang i get caught out sometimes. More fun for me, but enjoy that setup, you will like it.

I'm going to get a gaming pc but im on a budget so trying to work out where i can find a middle ground.

I would build my own but i don't think i have the time to. I would like to have one where it would be reasonably easy to upgrade things like graphics cards etc so i can do over time.

A few pages back I listed all my pc parts. did the bundle pack on tigerdirect. had to buy a cd drive, os and the graphics card but has everything else.

What sort of graphics card level and ram would I need to play this at the max level?

I play on High @60fps with a GTX 750ti 2GB. My PC has 12gb of RAM and my CPU is an i5 4430 quad core @ 3.0ghz, which is right on the recommended requirements. Game looks smooth, detailed and as good as GT5 looked back in the days, except when driving some mod trucks.

High is as good as you can get with a mid-range card. The 750ti cost me $175 back on December of last year. If you want to max it out on Ultra, you'll probably need something better (a.k.a more expensive).

Always been curious about this big sucker. It's pretty good, lots of parts, just needs a decent stock engine sound though.. the V8 sound I downloaded for it sounds like a tractor. View attachment 455340 View attachment 455341

Try this one:

Best sound mod for V8 Scania trucks out there. Don't know if it will work on that the RJL Scania, but you can always give it a try. The link is in the video description.

Last edited:
That Scania sound mod didn't work for the RJL.. been struggling to find a decent one, and at the moment ets2.lt and ets2planet are running mega slow (maybe high traffic) but, annoys me how they seem to think having a truck sounding like a tug boat is normal. Before 1.19 I had some other modded Scania with really decent stock V8 sound, thats what I need not this straight pipe tug boat nonsense.

Got to love the 389. I've been using the old (fly and apple) version for nearly a year, but recently I finally got the latest version. Works much better (no lag) and has tons of options.

ets2_00148.png

The grill options got to be my favorite. Damn beauty looks like a show truck!

And anyone has tried the new edit for the K100? It's got a long frame now. Can't believe how much better it drives now. The old was incredibly twitchy due to the short frame.

ets2_00156.png

Got to love the 389. I've been using the old (fly and apple) version for nearly a year, but recently I finally got the latest version. Works much better (no lag) and has tons of options.

View attachment 456678

The grill options got to be my favorite. Damn beauty looks like a show truck!

And anyone has tried the new edit for the K100? It's got a long frame now. Can't believe how much better it drives now. The old was incredibly twitchy due to the short frame.

View attachment 456680

Not yet, but I need to get the mod running.

My 389 got new shoes and eyes

ets2_00160.png

ets2_00161.png

Oh, and here's a video of the Long Frame K100. Some people say it's too long, but I really don't feel like it is. It looks long, but the truck it's actually shorter than the 389 and even the T800. It's perfectly maneuverable as you can see here.

Only thing I hate is the interior. It needs smooth black leather, brushed aluminum details instead of the fake wood and all those tacky accessories deleted. I wish I could edit mods.

Last edited:
356D6B5B08C85948D236915016DEAAECC4978E7D

I LOVE this truck. May end up dropping to a lower HP engine. 200 tons does not seem to faze the 815HP Cat C15. I used the updated physics from nightson and I still cant use the mid lift axle with a 200 ton load. Front axle still goes light. If @Terronium-12 would like to put it up for consideration of the weekly spot light that would be cool. I'd like it to be voted in for cover pic. Is there a forum thread to place pics for votes on weekly community spotlight???

*Peterbilt 389 has been updated so all chassis have the lowered option and shorter length.*

It is now version 1.9 also.

Finally saved up just enough to upgrade the shed and get two new trucks and drivers...only have about 30k left over from the 400k loan now :lol:

Need some help on this. I get some manifest.sii files with a few mods I have added in. Where in the world do I place these and how do I keep them all going at once without conflict????

Back