The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
Great pics guys. đź‘Ť They make me want to go trucking again.

I usually use the mods that make the game more difficult. I've got a hard economy mod and I personally enjoy the challenge of pulling a heavy load with an underpowered truck. My most extreme was a 70-ton train that I pulled with just 320hp. :lol: All was going great until I got to a winding uphill section and ran out of power. I got stuck on the hill and the only way was back down.

I also use map mods, Promods, Poland Rebuilding and Rusmap.

I did use TSM for a while, but it was at the time a little too buggy for my liking.

The Volvo's open pipe mods is hands down the BEST sound in the game. Courtesy of the great Kriechbaum. Listen to this baby!

SORRY for DP :P

Are you on the Beta? If you are, then this sound file is worthless ;( ;( the sound files have been changed for the time being so all sound mods for engine brake needs adjustment.

I am stuck in the beta and just starting using the Scania sound mod. Its broken for now.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, the moment I knew 1.22 destroys the J-brake effects, I rolled back to 1.21. I don't have plans on updating unless there is a fix. 1.22 doesn't have anything interesting anyway. I'm also worried because of the new tire system. I have dozens of tire and wheel mods and I'm sure it will conflict.

Speaking of which. I 've been wanting to ask you something. Your 389 and T800; where did you get the heavy duty wheels from? I've never been able to find those wheels on any truck mod or standalone wheel mod.

Tried completing the Perfect Delivery achievement but almost immediately ran a yellow light. Then I missed my off-ramp and had to turn around before getting stuck waiting for a gap behind this red bus for over 2 hours. It was an urgent delivery too. Didn't seemed like it was going to move before dark.

upload_2015-12-6_21-32-35.png

Screw you.

upload_2015-12-6_21-34-2.png

Screw you too.

upload_2015-12-6_21-35-2.png

Yay

upload_2015-12-6_21-36-8.png

Tried to make up lost time by driving like a maniac on the highway. Then I missed another off-ramp and slightly crashed.

I won't do urgent long distance deliveries ever again.

I just did that accomplishment! :lol: I also got Aquaphobia, Scania lover and the 15 enterprises achievement as well. In the end it was a good trip. :D

Now, why must be the Scania truck so mother:censored:ing expensive? I got 195,000 and still can't buy the one I want! I'm tired of my Renault. :lol: I'm doing the 999km delivery achievement as well, only Scania and Volvo left

Speaking of which. I 've been wanting to ask you something. Your 389 and T800; where did you get the heavy duty wheels from? I've never been able to find those wheels on any truck mod or standalone wheel mod.

I found it from a ETS2 American Mod page. Here is the link to the group. http://www.paulyets2skins.co.uk/ You must sign up first, but it is on the right side. Kenworth Heavy Haul Axle. Free, no charge setup. highly respectable people.

I found it from a ETS2 American Mod page. Here is the link to the group. http://www.paulyets2skins.co.uk/ You must sign up first, but it is on the right side. Kenworth Heavy Haul Axle. Free, no charge setup. highly respectable people.

Thank you so much! I have the 50K alcoa heavy haul wheels, but they aren't as badass like these.

Tried completing the Perfect Delivery achievement but almost immediately ran a yellow light. Then I missed my off-ramp and had to turn around before getting stuck waiting for a gap behind this red bus for over 2 hours. It was an urgent delivery too. Didn't seemed like it was going to move before dark.

View attachment 488966

Screw you.

View attachment 488967

Screw you too.

View attachment 488968

Yay

View attachment 488969

Tried to make up lost time by driving like a maniac on the highway. Then I missed another off-ramp and slightly crashed.

I won't do urgent long distance deliveries ever again.

That happened to me before! The worst is when you have a driver "falling asleep" at an underpass of a highway exit/entrance. It takes about less than a minute to create a massive traffic jam which is impossible to free yourself from. You got cars behind you, in front, at your left side and a wall on your right side. The only way is to put your loud, big and monstrous (and also illegal in Europe) American Semi truck in Low gear, blow some coal while you "gently" push all the cars out of your way :lol:

So I got a new trick to happen as well. I let ETS2 add in all the mods. Now my tires have white wall lettering! :D

05890EAFAB064D9BA09B4DAE3D249AF7B5486CB5

I have those tires too! It's kind of tricky to get them to work with all wheels. They usually only appear with certain wheels, so you have to select that wheel and tire first, and then the wheel that you want. It's the same with these:
ets2_00196.png

Is that part of the 50k wheels mod? I was using it once, but it didn't have Michelin's, so I removed it.

If you didn't get why I deleted the mod, get shot. Please. :lol:

Also, the more I see pictures of those MURICA trucks, the more I want to get it... My "stock gaming" inner self is clashing with my freedom inner self... gah, what should I do???? :lol:

I just did that accomplishment! :lol: I also got Aquaphobia, Scania lover and the 15 enterprises achievement as well. In the end it was a good trip. :D
I ended up forfeiting that one and paying the 12 gran fine :lol: Bought the little Iveco afterwards and completed the achievement with no thrills though. :P Speaking of which, Volvo and Iveco are the only trucks I've done over 999km in, darn fleet of 20 base model Volvos, gotta start buying different ones now that I can almost afford them. :)

That happened to me before! The worst is when you have a driver "falling asleep" at an underpass of a highway exit/entrance. It takes about less than a minute to create a massive traffic jam which is impossible to free yourself from. You got cars behind you, in front, at your left side and a wall on your right side. The only way is to put your loud, big and monstrous (and also illegal in Europe) American Semi truck in Low gear, blow some coal while you "gently" push all the cars out of your way :lol:
That's something I've not had to do yet. :lol: I always try to drive somewhat realistically, trying to wiggle a semi out of a traffic jam when you're stopped inches from the other car is fun though. :lol:

I ended up forfeiting that one and paying the 12 gran fine :lol: Bought the little Iveco afterwards and completed the achievement with no thrills though. :P Speaking of which, Volvo and Iveco are the only trucks I've done over 999km in, darn fleet of 20 base model Volvos, gotta start buying different ones now that I can almost afford them. :)

Since the Volvo FH 750 is my favorite truck, I've decided to go after the 999km accomplishment by driving all the trucks before and then getting the Volvo as my 7th and final truck. From there I can buy base model trucks and keep my company strong. :lol:

Since the Volvo FH 750 is my favorite truck, I've decided to go after the 999km accomplishment by driving all the trucks before and then getting the Volvo as my 7th and final truck. From there I can buy base model trucks and keep my company strong. :lol:
I have the 700, now that's a diesel guzzler, I think I'll put the 600 back in it. Didn't really feel a whole lot of more umph from it, just more frequent gas station visits. :P

I still can't decide which truck I like most. Right now doing 1kkm in a Renault, then just MAN and Scania left for the achievement. I guess I'll decide then. :)

I have the 700, now that's a diesel guzzler, I think I'll put the 600 back in it. Didn't really feel a whole lot of more umph from it, just more frequent gas station visits. :P

I still can't decide which truck I like most. Right now doing 1kkm in a Renault, then just MAN and Scania left for the achievement. I guess I'll decide then. :)

Renaults are underpowered, hate them. Their looks only help in my hatred. Scanias are awesome and I liked the MANs, they're 3rd in my favorite list.

Is that part of the 50k wheels mod? I was using it once, but it didn't have Michelin's, so I removed it.

If you didn't get why I deleted the mod, get shot. Please. :lol:

Also, the more I see pictures of those MURICA trucks, the more I want to get it... My "stock gaming" inner self is clashing with my freedom inner self... gah, what should I do???? :lol:

I'll be the first one to say i love realism and I know these American Trucks are absolutely illegal in any part of ETS2's map. But honestly, what other game there is that lets you drive these beauties with so many custom options, wonderful sounds and "Gran Turismo" level of detail? I would love to say American Truck Simulator, but I have a feeling that SCS is stuck with licensing or something. they were supposed to release it in August.

You should give it a try man. Most of these American trucks are so much fun to drive, especially if you have G27 or any steering wheel with H-pattern shifter. I have a little software that lets me create files of realistic shifting patterns for Eaton Fuller or Road Ranger gearboxes, so it's (almost) like driving the real deal.

Also, not only are they a treat to look at and take pictures of, but man... those sounds.

I'll be the first one to say i love realism and I know these American Trucks are absolutely illegal in any part of ETS2's map. But honestly, what other game there is that lets you drive these beauties with so many custom options, wonderful sounds and "Gran Turismo" level of detail? I would love to say American Truck Simulator, but I have a feeling that SCS is stuck with licensing or something. they were supposed to release it in August.

You should give it a try man. Most of these American trucks are so much fun to drive, especially if you have G27 or any steering wheel with H-pattern shifter. I have a little software that lets me create files of realistic shifting patterns for Eaton Fuller or Road Ranger gearboxes, so it's (almost) like driving the real deal.

Also, not only are they a treat to look at and take pictures of, but man... those sounds.

I need to get a wheel, I was using a DS3 until... well... a picture tells the tale better:

20150925_163909.jpg

So now I only have the keyboard. :lol:

Also, graphics ain't much of a treat to me as of the moment, since I have to play with everything on low or off to get at least 20-25 FPS.

Fap Fap Fap to the sounds of a 'merican Jake Brake. (I'll edit out the fapiness if warrantied)

Oh yes! My top 3 jake brakes got to be these:

-Cummins 444 (Peterbilt 359)
-Detroit Diesel Series 60 (Peterbilt 389)
-Cummins 251 "Iron Lung" (Peterbilt 351)

Oh yes! My top 3 jake brakes got to be these:

-Cummins 444 (Peterbilt 359)
-Detroit Diesel Series 60 (Peterbilt 389)
-Cummins 251 "Iron Lung" (Peterbilt 351)

If I told you, I have a 1250HP Cummins and a 1000HP C15 Cat, you'd be jelly. But I also have a 400,000 LB load to ship and that is not easy. I was able to tak eth Cat 275M Dump truck and make it go from 70,000Lbs to 400,000Lbs. It got porky.

If I told you, I have a 1250HP Cummins and a 1000HP C15 Cat, you'd be jelly. But I also have a 400,000 LB load to ship and that is not easy. I was able to tak eth Cat 275M Dump truck and make it go from 70,000Lbs to 400,000Lbs. It got porky.

That is crazy man. Even my most powerful truck has a hard time with 60+ ton trailers. Then again, my most powerful truck has only 720HP. Although torque is what matters here really. Oh, and having the right gearbox.

Hills suck. Takes forever to get to 40 MPH. On time delivery can be a challenge. Not recommended to do a super long trip, you will lose out, bad.

I need to get a wheel, I was using a DS3 until... well... a picture tells the tale better:

View attachment 489673

So now I only have the keyboard. :lol:

Also, graphics ain't much of a treat to me as of the moment, since I have to play with everything on low or off to get at least 20-25 FPS.

I happen to hit it right. I found a brand new Logitech G27 for $235 USD. That was free shipping. Didn't know it at the time, but I bought it on Saturday, and had it on Tuesday Fedex. Page was listed as USPS. I do not know if you will get that lucky, but I always go buy it now, high ratings, and free shipping. Takes awhile to find that right one...

I happen to hit it right. I found a brand new Logitech G27 for $235 USD. That was free shipping. Didn't know it at the time, but I bought it on Saturday, and had it on Tuesday Fedex. Page was listed as USPS. I do not know if you will get that lucky, but I always go buy it now, high ratings, and free shipping. Takes awhile to find that right one...

Gotta get a job first so I can go spending on things... been really hard to land a internship in the Mechanical Engineering area.

Whenever you're ready to make the plunge towards a G27, you won't regret it one single bit. This game was meant to be played with a wheel. It's simply not the same without it.

In the meantime, have some T800!!! :D

I last about 2 weeks before I created my mod folder and it all went "south" now I cant play without mods. Its just good.

Some love for the original SCS trucks!

ets2_00199.png

ets2_00200.png

I just love this Benz. To me it is probably the sexiest Euro truck in the game. It took me a while to find a good sound mod for it. It's still a bit too silent, but the annoying buzzing drone typical of the vanilla sounds is finally gone! It now has a very deep, yet a bit muffled rumble to it. I guess it's okay since it's a Mercedes-Benz and it has to maintain its classiness. Will make a vid soon.

Back