The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
Nice drive! And yeah, Got to love those tunnel roundabouts from Scandinavia. Don't know if it's a real-life thing (must be). Makes you just want to park on the side and take pictures XD

They are real. I saw pics of them in the SCS forums.

Strange, I assumed they'd just focus on adding to the ATS map rather than ETS one.

They are now big enough to have two teams dedicated to the respective game. So one for ATS, and another for ETS2. I am pretty sure ETs2 was like ATS when it started. Small not alot to do, but popularity and mods gave it a mega ton of life. Also found out a few people at work play this game as well. (lol)

They are now big enough to have two teams dedicated to the respective game. So one for ATS, and another for ETS2. I am pretty sure ETs2 was like ATS when it started. Small not alot to do, but popularity and mods gave it a mega ton of life. Also found out a few people at work play this game as well. (lol)

But enough people are also working on the Coach Simulator.

There's been three major map expansions in ETS2 so far. The map was indeed very small at start. I do feel ATS is smaller though, but when you think of the other states being added in the future, then you see the potential.

I love it how at 1:16:00 he spends three hours (well, game hours, but still) trying to find a way to turn left, and in the end just gives up and keep going straight :lol:

Anyone tried the new update? I've had to roll back so I can record some videos and create a backup before trying to upgrade

Apparently, you can drive cars in multiplayer now. Neat! I think they are only using Skoda models, but there's a safety-car (I've been hearing it called a "Scout Car") version which is white with red stripes, amber lights on the roof, and "PILOT" written all over. Probably used to keep distance between extra wide-load trailers.

Dan
Apparently, you can drive cars in multiplayer now. Neat! I think they are only using Skoda models, but there's a safety-car (I've been hearing it called a "Scout Car") version which is white with red stripes, amber lights on the roof, and "PILOT" written all over. Probably used to keep distance between extra wide-load trailers.

AFAIK it's just for "VIPs" and admins though. The general player base are not able to drive the Skoda Police car, at least that was the status when I read the update on the Truckers MP page.

Dan
Yep. Already tried it with an SP mod. The brakes feel a bit weird, but, then again, the game wasn't really made for you to drive actual cars, and even though the car seems to get to a higher top speed(Atleast 200+ KM/H) with engines that really aren't that powerful(1.8 TSI 160 HP engine and a 2.0 TDI 170 HP), the ramming impact seems to still be as heavy as a truck's. Probably to help the admins that will end up using it as a police car. Did i mention you can, after you buy it, switch to a wheel/tire from a regular truck, switch back to the Scout's, and get a free 18k every time you do it? ...Actually, i kinda did, just not in this thread.
It also reminds me of the ASYM Desanne for some weird reason, even though you couldn't actually use that.
AFAIK it's just for "VIPs" and admins though. The general player base are not able to drive the Skoda Police car, at least that was the status when I read the update on the Truckers MP page.
From what i've read, People can drive the non-police variants on EU2. But only admins can use cars on EU1 or EU3, not sure about the other servers. And nobody can pull any trailers with it, because it apparently ends up using the force to do it.
And it's also apparently in ATS MP, too.

Last edited:
I find Metallica to be the perfect soundtrack for any trip :D

There are some good US stations in ATS that I have added to my ETS2 radio stations too.

I'm boring. I just listen to TFM while driving, but I quite like the music they play.
I've got 3 trucks now and 2 drivers, so making slow progress.

I didn't know that online multiplayer was still going strong. Last time I seen it. It was a giant demolition derby.
Although, Every car I've tried on ETS2 has retained a trucks engine and transmission. Which makes it no fun to drive. You guys have mentioned that Admins online have been driving a police vehicle. I wonder if they fixed the physics issues?
Would be nice to drive at least a transit van or some other slow commuter car.

Finally getting around to updating my ETS2. This is always the worst part of mods. Working out what does and does not work, and what will and will not continue to work.

I haven't played in months because of the need to update everything. :grumpy: Sometimes it's easier just to start over again.

I got the version 1.23 demo, but I did the verification code glitch, so I have the full game now :) . I've also done a deal with one of my school mates to get a joystick for this game for $35

I haven't played in months because of the need to update everything. :grumpy: Sometimes it's easier just to start over again.

I had to do the full start over myself. My save file was so old, that it even said in the log your game save sucks (ok not really), but all over again.

My update process (got to do it this way due to it being a YouTube series)
- Take a note of experience/money/perks in case of things going pear shaped
- Make a note of all old mods and download latest versions for them
- Backup all save games
- Update ETS
- Replace old mods with new mods
- If things are lost (e.g. Scania RJL), repurchase truck, bring back to the level it was
- Use code cheater to set money back to value before update
- Save and test

Last time I did that it took seven hours to update it.

Guys help me please. I just... ahem... got this game, and I immediatly downloaded the BMW E34 Mod.

But how do I install it? Please I don't want to drive trucks :'(

Thanx! :gtpflag:

Back