The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

Discussion in 'European Truck Simulator 2' started by Dean J, Jun 8, 2013.

1. yzfmike

yzfmike Premium

I am part of the group on Facebook that is all about American mods. They man who did the skin in your photo is in this group. The guy who makes the Peterbilt 389 mod is also there. They will customize skins for your own truck upon a kind request. :D

GMHV8 likes this.
  2. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

I haven't played this in a while. I finally was able to get the Scandinavia DLC. I can't wait to try out Promods 2.0.

3. yzfmike

yzfmike Premium

Pro mods is nice. I have TSM Map Pack. Its nice. Saw the UFO in Africa :/
    [​IMG]

4. Michelin

Michelin Premium

How hard is ProMods on low end PCs?

5. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

I have a GTX760 and if I set my graphics to the preset medium graphics I get 30~ FPS in cities and when I'm on the highway in the middle of nowhere I get 100~. For a low end computer, I'd say your frames will take a huge dump in cities. Expect to lower your graphics a lot.

6. Michelin

Michelin Premium

It's already on the minimum and I'm getting 20fps... that's a no on the ProMods for me :lol:

7. yzfmike

yzfmike Premium

There is people that has created mods just for people who have low end PC's. They are updated continuously as well, so don't count yourself out.

Note: @HuskyGT I have the old Scania V8 mod going again. Edited the sound file, and used with the new Scania T 1.8 mod it works well. Love that crackle. Still no exhaust brake tho. :( I'm OK since I got the better crackle sound going.

8. Michelin

Michelin Premium

I use some of those, not all. For example, I don't use any traffic low FPS mods because I like having somewhat realistic traffic.

9. Shidapu

Shidapu

10. GMHV8

GMHV8

ets2_01523.png

HuskyGT and yzfmike like this.
  11. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

Went ahead and tried the Peterbilt 387. It's like a taste of American Truck Simulator. Great mod!
    ets2_00230.png

ets2_00229.png

And it's now got Kriechbaum's sounds. I made a gameplay video, of course:

Attached Files:

GMHV8, yzfmike and peyepete like this.
  12. yzfmike

yzfmike Premium

So super cool info I have. There is a giant overhaul for the Peterbilt 351 coming. No ETA. Yet.

13. GMHV8

GMHV8

That grill makes it look a bit like a Mack Vision

14. ECGadget

ECGadget

Winter in the UK!

15. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

Guys.... Look at this. Well, to be more specific; listen to this. What a surprise. Kriechbaum has done it again.

He's working on an update for the old Pete's Iron Lung. Happy day :)

VXR likes this.
  16. yzfmike

yzfmike Premium

Don't worry man. With a giant update for the 351 you will like it even more.

17. yzfmike

yzfmike Premium

So Viper and a mod group teamed up, and have the 389 V2 now released. I present you:

American Power, towing American Heritage.

[​IMG]

The skin mod, is part of the overall mod, nothing extra ;D Yes 379 Square headlights :D

HuskyGT likes this.
  18. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

Finally got the new 351. The sound is downright amazing! And this version is lighter than the older, plus it has the Cummins 275 included and the accessories DLC. It only accepts Metallic paintjobs for some odd reason though.

Drove it very early this morning. Here's my vid:

Pete 389 looking badass as always. Not sure if the new version is worth downloading just for the headlights and the skin though. The previous version is working just fine for me. Is there anything else besides the headlights?

19. yzfmike

yzfmike Premium

Sure is, interior can be Pete 379 as well, new front fenders, same multiple chassis layouts. New rear light options, new pipes options as well. There is some more headlights too as well.

20. yzfmike

yzfmike Premium

@HuskyGT The RTA 351 has bombed out bad with this new update. The AMT team is working on a 351 update that will let you modernize the truck. We all are aware of the paint options being so limited. It's kinda ticked off a few people.

21. Altier146237

Altier146237

What is better TSM, or Promods with Poland Rebuilding and Russ Map? Also does anyone know of any high quality Eastern European Trucks that are updated to the current version?

22. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Promods is easily the better option. It's an amazing map mod.

Dean likes this.
  23. yzfmike

yzfmike Premium

TSM is very similar, no payment needed to unlock entire mod. TSM is current for 1.22 TSM is 6.2.

24. Altier146237

Altier146237

Where can I find a tutorial on how to install promods. The tutorial on the promod site is not working for me. It refers to an extra zip file that I do not know how to get. Could someone please help?

Edit: Had to update my WINRAR. Hope this may help anyone else having the same problem.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  25. yzfmike

yzfmike Premium

Edit: Had to update my WINRAR. Hope this may help anyone else having the same problem.[/QUOTE]

7-Zip does wonders for me. Edit scs files without issue. Only hate it when the mods are locked.

26. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

I ran into that problem with the Freightliner Classic. Awesome mod, but it's not optimized for 1.22+ I tried to fix it but you can't edit the .scs file. Bummer...

27. yzfmike

yzfmike Premium

So I had modified the file for the 2006 Great Dane trailer. Now I have an issuewhere it likes to hop endlessly. It it no good for transport, so I have figure out my mistake. It does cause some funny pics like this one:

[​IMG]

28. maxi25

maxi25

It must have some mad torque in that thing.

29. yzfmike

yzfmike Premium

I have it set to about 4250 Foot pounds torque :D The weird physics of the trailer allowed me to get this bounce, not the truck itself. I have not be bale to have it set so the front rises off the ground with a "normal" load.

30. m8h3r

m8h3r Premium

Bad news. I went to play ETS today and my Internet radio wasn't working. Went on the EKR Rock Radio app, not working, went on the website and they ceased airing in October. :(