The F1TV Fantasy League '12 I *Weekend Results & Race Video Post #426*

What should the race distance % be set to?

• Total voters
Dammit :grumpy: Not a good points day at all.

Where the hell is everyone else? Don't tell me we're the only ones here doing this.

Also, please no rain at Monaco. Its enough of a pain in the ass.

:lol: I've been wondering the same thing, activity has died down in here a little bit.

About rain in Monaco; if anything I think it would improve the chances of the middle field getting a better result, as seen in Sepang. I'm really fed up of only Ferrari and Renault winning, it seems that they're the only ones that can do so. I bet if I did a test race with Alonso, Fischicella, Schumacher & Massa at the back of the grid one of them would still win.

I think the rain would also make the race more entertaining to watch as well.

:lol: I've been wondering the same thing, activity has died down in here a little bit.

About rain in Monaco; if anything I think it would improve the chances of the middle field getting a better result, as seen in Sepang. I'm really fed up of only Ferrari and Renault winning, it seems that they're the only ones that can do so. I bet if I did a test race with Alonso, Fischicella, Schumacher & Massa at the back of the grid one of them would still win.

I think the rain would also make the race more entertaining to watch as well.

Seeing as this is mostly what happened to 2006, its fairly faithful to the season its based on :lol:

I have tried that before and the furthiest any of them finished was 5th.

Yeah I guess, but as this is a fantasy league it should be a bit more fairer. I might consider using a randomizer like nitrorocks was going to for the random-quali people. I also may consider allowing everyone to qualify in the car of their choice, namely the Renault.

BTW, I mean the race in the rain, not qualifying. Is that what you thought I meant?

Where the hell is everyone else? Don't tell me we're the only ones here doing this.
I agree we are stuck struggling for points yet all the random quali or hardly active members get the best cars (except dj, ipswich ect.) i think full quali should have a priority of car choice.

Ferrari - Felipe Massa (t3hgt3ftw1n - Random-Quali)
Renault - Fernando Alonso (Hollow - Random-Quali)
Renault - Giancarlo Fisichella (GT4 Genius - Random-Quali)
McLaren-Mercedes - Kimi Räikkönen (lbsf1 - Random-Quali)
Honda - Rubens Barrichello (Liquid - Random-Quali)
Honda - Jenson Button (hawkeye122 - Full-Quali)

Im sorry.. but when do these people ever post on this thread, except from when dj sent out the pm's (no offence to these people)?

Hollow, lbsf1 & hawkeye122 have all posted recently enough in my eyes to warrant their place. But you're right about the rest of them.

I don't think it would be right to give full-quali members priority over car choice as it's another advantage to have.

And I haven't actually sent out those PM's yet so I need to do that later.

I agree we are stuck struggling for points yet all the random quali or hardly active members get the best cars (except dj, ipswich ect.) i think full quali should have a priority of car choice.

I do get the frustration of not being able to drive such an awesome car (Renault) while someone else wins without even playing, but I'm just too selfish at this point to let go of my 2nd spot in the rankings. :sly:

The races are fun to watch when I get time, also I'm dead with my finals just being around the corner, otherwise I would post here more often.

Can't say fairer than that! :)

- Updated race weekend post with complete race results and points scored.
- Updated first post with drivers championship and constructors championship standings.

Yeah I guess, but as this is a fantasy league it should be a bit more fairer. I might consider using a randomizer like nitrorocks was going to for the random-quali people. I also may consider allowing everyone to qualify in the car of their choice, namely the Renault.

What's everyones on opinion on this? I was thinking of making these changes for next week in Monaco.

EDIT:

I've just sent private messages to the following users to confirm their participation:

Ferrari - Felipe Massa (t3hgt3ftw1n - Random-Quali)
Renault - Giancarlo Fisichella (GT4 Genius - Random-Quali)
Honda - Rubens Barrichello (Liquid - Random-Quali)
Williams-Cosworth - Mark Webber IndyWolf - Random-Quali)
Toyota - Jarno Trulli (Prince 4851 - Full-Quali)
Super Aguri-Honda - Takuma Sato (akmuq - Random Quali)

If a response from them isn't received (either by PM or a post in here) by 1 months time, their place will be opened up for someone else to take.

Last edited:
I watched a couple of races, but if you want you can take me off the schedule, but I don't see why considering there is already 7 spots left and I'm in the slowest picked car.

No, it's cool. I was just wondering if you were still following the events in the league is all as there hasn't been many posts from the people I messaged. Prince4851 in particular, I think he's signed up to take part but hasn't been seen since.

akmuq; do you want to change to another driver? You can change to Ralph Schumacher if you want...

I am happy to announce the following exciting new changes to the league which have been made in time for next weekend at Monaco:
  • Races will now be streamed live! Watch the race as it happens and comment in live chat! Click here to view.
  • Full-qualifiers may now qualify with the car of their choice.
  • Random-qualifiers will now have their grid spot chosen by a list randomizer, in view of fairness.

I'd appreciate it if people can give feedback on these changes and what times in (GMT) you would prefer to watch live.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I am happy to announce the following changes to the league which will be made in time for next weekend at Monaco:
  • Races will now be streamed live! Watch the race as it happens and comment in live chat! Click here to view.
  • Full-qualifiers may now qualify with the car of their choice.
  • Random-qualifiers will now have their grid spot chosen by a list randomizer, in view of fairness.

I'd appreciate it if people can give feedback on these changes and what times in (GMT) you would prefer.

Thanks.

When you say this, do you mean we can choose any car we want as opposed to continuing to use the car we've been using? Because if thats what you mean, could I use dat Mclaren? :dopey:

Overall, I like these ideas. Any specific time as to when the livestream will go up? Timing is everything obviously.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean: you can now use ANY car you want for qualifying. The Renault is widely regarded as the best.

I will leave the time it starts up to debate between everyone, what time would you prefer? (in GMT time)

I've already started broadcasting some example races, so come in, see how it works, say hello and what you think to it. :)

http://www.justin.tv/djhazardous

Last edited:
Alright, Mclaren for me it is.

Time, I'm still trying figure the timezones because I don't know what the hell am I talking about when it coems to those :lol:

Tell me a time you want (including your timezone) and I will work it out.

I have a comedy race now running on my live stream:

Interlagos, heavy rain, worst drivers at the front, best drivers at the back.

We now have a new driver to the grid as well; HKS racer who has signed up with Torro Rosso for the remainder of season.

I have tried that before and the furthiest any of them finished was 5th.

Schumacher is 4th from something like 17th in only 3 laps in this race I'm currently running.

EDIT:

Now 2nd. :lol:

Last edited:
OK, the race will be streamed live this Sunday at 9PM UK time (or 4PM for US Central time).

Hope everyone comes to watch/chat.

Yeah, it's been brilliant the past few days hasn't it?

Can you make it to the live stream of the race on Sunday at 9pm mate? (4pm US Central to anyone wondering).

I might be able to show up for some of the live stream if my internet connection can handle it.

While I haven't been posting in this thread much I have been keeping an eye on it still.

Yes, excluding bonus classic cars & please mention which one you're using when you post your image/time.

Good good to hear it lbsf1, I hope plenty turn up.

Renault (Alonso)

1:11.379

scaled.php

Latest Posts

Back