The Forgotten Cars Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,350 comments
The first-gen Dodge Intrepid:

upload_2016-10-17_15-24-54.png

The second-gen has been more or less phased out of enforcement use now, but that role meant it at least stayed fresh in the mind. But I saw one of these go by me earlier this week, and I can't even remember the last time that happened.

Always liked how it looked from the rear 3/4, especially in the dark purple.

View attachment 596916

The second-gen has been more or less phased out of enforcement use now, but that role meant it at least stayed fresh in the mind. But I saw one of these go by me earlier this week, and I can't even remember the last time that happened.

That looks quite nice. Those taillight strips remind me of the 90s mustang's.

View attachment 596916

My aunt had one of those. I don't remember it much, but she seemed to love that car until it died.

View attachment 596916

My parents used to have a '97 Chrysler Concorde. Used to hate that car but I sort of miss it. Had different wheels from this one though.

IMG_7942.JPG

View attachment 596916

I remember popping the hood after driving one for the first time and being absolutely dumbfounded that a FWD car would have the engine mounted longitudinally and over the axle centerline--mind you this was before I was aware of earlier examples such as the Toronado/Eldorado. I have a soft spot for this drivetrain layout, and nearly bought an Acura 3.5RL because of it.

Spotted one of these in a race paddock (as a towing vehicle, rather than a race car obviously) the other week. I genuinely didn't know it existed:

car_photo_394195.jpg

Infiniti EX. Specifically the EX30d, as that's the one they sold in the UK. Surprisingly it actually got pretty good reviews too.

The Mazda Ibuki Concept, I got reminded of this from an old car book I'm looking at.
Mazda-Ibuki-Concept-Image-01-1024.jpg

The same for this, the Buick Velite Concept
buick-velite-concept-2004-3.jpg

If I wasn't carrying coffees when I saw it, I would've pulled out my phone, just to prove I wasn't making it up:

upload_2016-11-18_1-57-16.png

Despite the Axiom never being sold here, I have seen them before... but probably not in at least a decade. It certainly isn't a Vehicross.

-> I kinda like the way the Axiom was designed, it really hides the body-on-frame archetecture so well it almost as if it was a true CUV!

Renault 25
30666068270d896dece87822a7328de7.jpg

My uncle used to drive one but right now it just parked outside for years now. I don't remember seeing it anywhere else, probably for obvious reasons...
image.jpg

Last edited:
I saw one of these at the mall parking lot earlier today, and it made me realize these things went away about as quickly as they came... I seriously can't remember when I saw one for the last time. Or it's Mercury twin for the matter.

Either way, the Ford Contour, Ford's half-assed answer to the Camry and Accord.

ford-contour-4.jpg

But they did an SVT version that was actually quite good.
ford-contour-svt-3.jpg

I saw one of these at the mall parking lot earlier today, and it made me realize these things went away about as quickly as they came... I seriously can't remember when I saw one for the last time. Or it's Mercury twin for the matter.

Either way, the Ford Contour, Ford's half-assed answer to the Camry and Accord.

ford-contour-4.jpg

But they did an SVT version that was actually quite good.
ford-contour-svt-3.jpg
Sold as the mondeo here. Seriously cannot remember the last time I saw one of these.

I actually still see Contours every now and again, I see a red one every day as a matter of fact. My grandfather actually use to own one of those when I was a little kid.

Back