The Forgotten Cars Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,350 comments
I changed the thread's title because I thought it was too much.
Anyway, the Toyota/ Scion XA
237233.jpg
^ I actually like the xA/Ist, way better than that xD/Ist fugly successsor

Easy to see why this car has become so forgotten. One of the most nondescript and lifeless vehicles of the 2000's, being overshadowed by much more competitive subcompact offerings at the time.
^ Still the xA is way better than the Lanos & that (Daewoo Kalos) Aveo crew. Even better than its successor the xD!!

Ah Toyota xA, why it's supposed to be "catching younger drivers", Toyota? :rolleyes:
--
The older gen Chevrolet Aveo

chevy_aveo_nyc_03_dv_01.jpg

2nd_Chevrolet_Aveo_sedan.jpg

Last edited:
Was watching The Living Daylights earlier and this drove across the screen.
images

'87 Rover Sterling. I wanted one of these instead of the Acura Legend, but found out the build quality wasn't up to snuff.

Here is another car. Had I the hindsight, I would have picked up. Infiniti M30.
infiniti_m30_coupe_3.jpeg

I think it was auto only, but put a turbo on it and it'd be an awesome cruiser.

My cousin wanted the white one, I wanted the black & gold one(that's not me) Acura Integra LS.
images
This should be a collector's car, like a red & gold Twin Cam-16 Corolla AE86 2-door sedan.

Reminds me of the also forgotten CT, which is still produced today. I'm surprised they still make it, since sales are anything but good.
View attachment 608012
I've probably seen two HSs in person, and maybe 3 or 4 CTs.
Personal experience ≠ reality. The CT is the second-best selling Lexus hybrid after the RX and represents a quarter of Lexus' all-time hybrid sales - far from being "anything but good" in terms of sales.

Personal experience ≠ reality. The CT is the second-best selling Lexus hybrid after the RX and represents a quarter of Lexus' all-time hybrid sales - far from being "anything but good" in terms of sales.
Oops. That goes to show how much I don't know about cars.

-> If only the CT had the engine of the HS250 (another unknown Lexus), it would be a more captivating (hybrid) car.

Speaking of those eco friendly toyota's, i don't remember hearing anyone or anywhere about this car lately, i'm talking about the Toyota Mirai.

toyota_mirai_hydrogen_1.jpg

Last time i remember about this car, i thought it was only sold in Japan and some parts of US like California but turns out it's also sold in some European Countries.

Here's one Toyota I completely forgot:
2016-Toyota-Venza-Review2.jpg

The Venza. It was released in 2009 as Toyota's entry into the mid size crossover segment. Sales were relatively slow, which is what prompted it's discontinuation after the 2015 model year (2017 for export models). Had they either released it now or completely revamped it, Toyota might have sold them in spades due to how hot the segment is now (or people would still have just gotten RAV4s anway, who knows).

View attachment 616700
The Venza. It was released in 2009 as Toyota's entry into the mid size crossover segment. Sales were relatively slow, which is what prompted it's discontinuation after the 2015 model year (2017 for export models). Had they either released it now or completely revamped it, Toyota might have sold them in spades due to how hot the segment is now (or people would still have just gotten RAV4s anway, who knows).
My mom had one of these with the V6 and AWD. If anything, they're effin' sleepers when V6/AWD. Off like a rocket!

View attachment 616700
I see those everywhere where I live. They are a favorite amongst suburban moms.

Speaking of those eco friendly toyota's, i don't remember hearing anyone or anywhere about this car lately, i'm talking about the Toyota Mirai.

toyota_mirai_hydrogen_1.jpg

Last time i remember about this car, i thought it was only sold in Japan and some parts of US like California but turns out it's also sold in some European Countries.
Here is southern California I probably see one once a week. They were really polarizing when they were new, but the current Prius has really out-uglified it.

The relatively new Polaris Slingshot seems to be forgotten compared to cars like the KTM X-Bow, Ariel Atom and Morgan 3-Wheeler.

View attachment 629066

I could see it being forgotten in some areas, but where I live, they pop up as soon as it's summer. They're everywhere near the beach.

Saw one of these some time ago. The Toyota Paseo Convertible. (photo from a google search)
passeoside.JPG

Edit: Here's the one I saw during summer of last year.
13615434_10210390107768406_4695810479218016794_n.jpg

I could see it being forgotten in some areas, but where I live, they pop up as soon as it's summer. They're everywhere near the beach.

There's a Polaris dealer near where I live, and they've only ever had one slingshot on the lot since it was introduced in 2014, presumably as an order. Naturally, it was the only slingshot I've ever seen in person .

The relatively new Polaris Slingshot seems to be forgotten compared to cars like the KTM X-Bow, Ariel Atom and Morgan 3-Wheeler.

View attachment 629066

Those are everywhere here (which I guess isn't odd as Polaris is based in Minnesota). Polaris probably benefits from the fact KTM doesn't sell the X-Bow here and the others are rather spendy.

Back