The Forgotten Cars Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,346 comments
Hyundai Scoupe
P000032924_E000066806.jpg

Speaking of which, I only see one Hyundai Tiburon in my neighborhood...the only one I've seen in years...

IMG_9052.JPG

There's also a version I've never seen before-

IMG_9051.JPG

One of my co-workers has an HS, in that awful gold/beige color they all seem to be. It's basically a more luxurious Prius.

Lincoln Blackwood
upload_2016-11-22_22-23-44.png

Easily one of the most forgettable trucks ever produced, and this was a really bad move on Lincoln's part. Blackwood was designed to pose as a threat to the Cadillac Escalade EXT, but it failed miserably. Only one paint color was offered, no AWD, and its steep price accounted for the Blackwood's futility. Only 3,300 were made in its two-year prodouction run.

@WeThePeople

The Blackwood reminds of a few vehicles.

I forgot about the first generation Lincoln Navigator (1998-2002). Don't see many of these but it is definitely far less rare than the Blackwood

00115181990001.jpg

There was a spiritual successor to the Blackwood, named the Lincoln Mark LT. It was produced in the US and Canada from 2005 to 2008, but was produced 2005 to 2014 in Mexico, believe it or not. This was based on the eleventh generation Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab (2004-2008), and ended up being slightly more successful than it's predecessor, as only 36,187 were made (US/Canada sales only). The Mark LT was replaced with the "Plantinum" package Ford F-150 in 2009.

I had a neighbor who owned one in black.

e13358b1dfcd066729a44f31e3cc51c7.jpg

I also had forgotten about the first generation Cadillac Escalade (1998-2000), also. Haven't seen one in forever. More or less a GMT400 with a GMT800 inspired Cadillac front end.

cadillac-escalade-1999-1.jpg

One more car I had forgot about was the Oldsmobile Aurora in general (1995-2003). Probably one of the coolest looking four door American sedans of it's time.

198922-700x560.jpg

74513-700x490.jpg

d6d91a1c557f6446cf856e07751782c9.jpg

The Geo Storm, otherwise known as the Isuzu Impulse, was an attempt to get GM into the early 90s small car market. And, surprisingly, it was doing pretty well sales wise; however, sales for its Isuzu sister were not so hot, even though it had the option for a Lotus tuned suspension, turbo engine, and even all wheel drive, which the Geo lacked. Thus, it led to the discontinuation of the Impulse in 1993 (a mere 3 years after the model launched), which in turn also caused the demise of the Storm, as they were built together just with different badges. I also must say that these have the lamest pop up headlights ever, as they just move a few degrees up and down and don't really need to be there.

Last edited:
Lincoln Blackwood
View attachment 608854
Easily one of the most forgettable trucks ever produced, and this was a really bad move on Lincoln's part. Blackwood was designed to pose as a threat to the Cadillac Escalade EXT, but it failed miserably. Only one paint color was offered, no AWD, and its steep price accounted for the Blackwood's futility. Only 3,300 were made in its two-year prodouction run.

You forgot the biggest fail of the Blackwood, the bed!

112-0201-2way-10z%2B2002-lincoln-blackwood%2Bopen-tailgate-flat-bed-view.jpg

Yes, that's an upholstered truck bed with stainless steel sides, it also has lights along the bottom! The only good thing about it is the storage boxes on the sides, which oddly never returned to a truck until fairly recently with the Ram.

There was one driving around my place quite some time ago, guessing it's dead by now (my area seems to have a knack for failed trucks, I've seen a Dakota Sport, this thing and a few Envoy XUV's driving around).

View attachment 609990
The Geo Storm, otherwise known as the Isuzu Impulse, was an attempt to get GM into the early 90s small car market. And, surprisingly, it was doing pretty well sales wise; however, sales for its Isuzu sister were not so hot, even though it had the option for a Lotus tuned suspension, turbo engine, and even all wheel drive, which the Geo lacked. Thus, it led to the discontinuation of the Impulse in 1993 (a mere 3 years after the model launched), which in turn also caused the demise of the Storm, as they were built together just with different badges. I also must say that these have the lamest pop up headlights ever, as they just move a few degrees up and down and don't really need to be there.
Maybe sales were too low because the market was too crowded? GM did have many other compact coupes on the market, such as these ones:

GMC Jimmy. I liked those brutes, but I haven't seen one in years. My old neigher had one, and that was the last Jimmy I ever saw.

1997-gmc-jimmy-sle_100026946_m.jpg

GMC Jimmy. I liked those brutes, but I haven't seen one in years. My old neigher had one, and that was the last Jimmy I ever saw.

1997-gmc-jimmy-sle_100026946_m.jpg
They even made the Jimmy Diamond Edition, which I view as one of the most pointless cars ever created. It had a slightly different exterior, and a "fancy" interior, and it ended up very tacky, and didn't sell sufficiently. Another GM oddball.
[URL='http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?23731-wanted-2000-gmc-jimmy-Diamond-edition'][/URL]

I changed the thread's title because I thought it was too much.
Anyway, the Toyota/ Scion XA
237233.jpg
Easy to see why this car has become so forgotten. One of the most nondescript and lifeless vehicles of the 2000's, being overshadowed by much more competitive subcompact offerings at the time.

Anyway, I like the renaming of this thread. Here are some 90's cars I forgot were even made:

Chrysler Lebaron GTC
Honda Accord Wagon

Back