The Forgotten Cars Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,350 comments
The Tesla that everyone seems to forgot about...

The Tesla Roadster

Tesla-Test-2.jpg

images

Infiniti G20

I should have bought one, but I was into VWs at the time. Would make an awesome retro ride, to fix up as a replica Super Tourer.

Toyota Highlander or Kluger
2017_toyota_kluger_australia_01.jpg

Never understood why they never sold it here.
-------------------
Mitsubishi FTO
fqb6z2oV.jpg

Played GT1 yesterday with my uncle and remembered this car. Sadly, this car seems to be overshadowed by the Eclipse, Evo and 3000GT as i barely hear anyone talk about it.

----------------
Acura CSX
2009_Acura_CSX.JPG

Canadian-only Acura, This is what the Honda Civic 8th gen for Asian market is actually based on.

------------------------------------
Vector M12
Vector-M12-9.jpg

Anyone?

2017_toyota_kluger_australia_01.jpg

Never understood why they never sold it here.
-------------------
Mitsubishi FTO
fqb6z2oV.jpg

Played GT1 yesterday with my uncle and remembered this car. Sadly, this car seems to be overshadowed by the Eclipse, Evo and 3000GT as i barely hear anyone talk about it.

----------------
Acura CSX
2009_Acura_CSX.JPG

Canadian-only Acura, This is what the Honda Civic 8th gen for Asian market is actually based on.

Vector M12
Vector-M12-9.jpg

Anyone?
A good amount of FTOs are still here in Australia.
That model Civic was sold here, but not the Type-R sedan(only the FN2 hatch).

A good amount of FTOs are still here in Australia.
That model Civic was sold here, but not the Type-R sedan(only the FN2 hatch).
I wonder where did they sell the FTO's? Apart from Japan.

Honda also did sell that Civic (and european one although rarer) over here. I just was pointing out the Acura version.

The MG ZT in all forms.
What I find especially interesting is the fact that the V8 models were converted from FF to FR from the factory. While from a business standpoint I personally think it's a bit pointless, it's certainly very interesting from a car enthusiast POV.

The chassis was designed with a tunnel front to rear from the start. I guess it ads some strength rigidity to the shell. So running a prop-shaft down it didn't mean re-engineering it that much. It also used BMW's Z-axle (Rover were owned by BMW at the time) so the rear axle was RWD-ready anyway. 👍

Mitsubishi FTO
fqb6z2oV.jpg

I've only ever seen one of those in my life. I drove back when I passed it just to have a closer look. So cool.

-------------------
Mitsubishi FTO
fqb6z2oV.jpg

Vector M12
Vector-M12-9.jpg

Anyone?

Always really liked the FTO, remember when I saw one for the first time, both for real and virtually (GT2 starter car memories eh?...:D), and really liking the way it looked. As you say, it's definitely been lost in the shadows a bit both it's siblings and many other cars from the era. Which is shame really, as its by no means bad.

I wonder where did they sell the FTO's? Apart from Japan.

Well in the UK, you used to be able to see a fair few FTO's, and mainly pre-facelift (1994-1997) models from what I saw. The top GP and GPX models were (and still are) rarer still. However, nowadays FTO's are even more scarce, haven't seen one in ages. Mind you, as an explanation to the lack of post-facelift >'97 cars, and top GP, GPX, etc models, it did become an official import not long before it's demise, and most of those models you see now are imports.

No, it really isn't. It has a scoop. Big wheels. Big brakes. Flashy paint. Stickers.

A sleeper is a dull vehicle on steelies that goes fast.
Common people don't really think twice about a station wagon with go-faster cosmetics on it.

Common people don't really think twice about a station wagon with go-faster cosmetics on it.

But common people don't care about cars.

A sleeper is something that fools another gearhead. A gearhead that drives a blue Subaru Forester with 320hp. And said gearhead gets left in the dust by a beige Camry 2.2.

The MG ZT in all forms.

MG%20ZT.jpg

What I find especially interesting is the fact that the V8 models were converted from FF to FR from the factory. While from a business standpoint I personally think it's a bit pointless, it's certainly very interesting from a car enthusiast POV.

MGZTT260_04.jpg
I'd imagine it's rather easy to forget when they hardly sold any outside of the UK, maybe. However, considering that my parents have had both V6 and V8 ZT-Ts, it's certainly one of those cars I'm definitely not going to forget soon. A brilliant car, even if some people have asked if it's an Alfa.

Dodge Dynasty

Saw one today in the parking lot of an art studio on my walk home from school today. Haven't seen one in years. For its age, it's in remarkable condition, especially since these cars weren't known to be the most reliable.

I took this picture myself. This is the one I saw.

IMG_4700.JPG

I'm sorry if anyone disagrees, but I think that's downright gorgeous.
One of the best-looking saloons of the period I reckon, and that's against strong competition - Alfa 156, Lexus IS, E46 3-series etc. The regular Rover 75 it was based on is handsome too, though a bit more retro than the ZT.

Back