The Forgotten Cars Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,350 comments
Subaru-Brumby-w.jpg

Subaru Brumby
I had no idea the BRAT as called the Crumby in some markets until now. Wow.

RUF CTR3, i remembered it back when i played Driver SF and also i think it was in Forza Horizon 1 but not sure really.

ruf-ctr-3-c760915112015040802_8.jpg

ruf-ctr-3-c760915112015040802_6.jpg

Its in Driveclub and project cars all I remember is its very fast.
How did i forgot about the GTPlanet livery in Project Cars?
project-cars-ruf-ctr3-gtplanet-12-638x398.png

:D
Now if only PD makes an official one too, that would be nice.
I know the BMW Z3 isn't exactly forgotten and the M Coupe definitely isn't. But I never see or hear about the non-M Z3 3.0 Coupe.
z3coupe3ooo%20history%20big.jpg
Change that to Z3 overall and that would be me. Speaking of the BMW Z cars, the pre-facelift Z4 is something i tend to forget too.

2005_bmw_z4_2_5i-pic-9056134182994357057.jpeg

On the topic of forgotten BMW Z-cars, let's bring up the Z1.

I never see it mentioned anywhere.

Speaking of Toyota's, here's a much less interesting one:

Toyota Venza

20170621_000756.jpg

post_id_33937_NjiW9.jpg

I think I posted this before. It kinda reminds me of the Lexus RX300 in some ways.
----
Nissan Pintara

1047_Nissan-Skyline-Pintara-R31-wagon.jpg

Skyline sister?

This thread reminds me I have not seen a Renault Le Car (aka Renault 5) for years now.

5091683648_f4c0ab4ba9_b.jpg
My family actually owned two. My sister bought one as her first car. i remember it because I was with her. We went out for dinner one night when my parents were out. She had just graduated high school and I had just started. She mentioned wanting to buy a new car and I mentioned the Le Car. After dinner she went to the dealership and drove out with a gold w/black stripes manual trans canvas roof model for $4750. My parents lost their minds when they came home to see a new car parked out front. My sister owned that car for a long time. She definitely got her money out of it. My dad was so impressed with it he went and bought a white one with red stripes for his commute to Boeing. He owned his for quite a few years, too.

My mom had a Venza. That ugly thing was fast.
Not forgotten here in Australia. Plenty still on the road and for sale used(some molested as P-plater drift cars).
The 'yota or Nissan?

Venza wasn't officially sold here and I rarely hear about it. As for the Pintara, same story really.

On the other hand, the skyline from around that Era is still the most popular skylines over here.

----
Ferrari sp1

2008-ferrari-sp1.jpg

1978 Mercury Zephyr 2-door sedan

Background: standard 2-door sedan. Foreground: ESS (European Sports Sedan) trim package.

These old Zephyrs actually clean up pretty nice. A few tasteful modifications will make for one good looking malaise-era sedan.

Always seem to forget the old C70 coupe.
ouq2vqqvzdsazyfoepbv.jpg

Yea they really do seem to be forgotten it'd seems. Over here at least, they've almost vanished from what I can see, as not too long ago, you'd usually see C70's in decent numbers, certainly the coupe more than the convertible anyway.

Living in America, the only Volvo that's above 10 years old that I still see pretty frequently is the V70/XC70.

Everything else has died out.

Living in America, the only Volvo that's above 10 years old that I still see pretty frequently is the V70/XC70.

Everything else has died out.
I still see a bunch of the boxy 240s around.

I still see a bunch of the boxy 240s around.
It depends where in the country you are. They are still pretty popular in New England and the Pacific Northwest. Everywhere else, they've vanished. There are none around my area.

Volvo are almost non existing in my country at this point. I remember spotting an old USDM V70 couple days ago but that's all I could think of right now. I don't really see anyone driving a volvo nowadays.

-----
"The Sprinter Trueno...that's not the Ae86" cars:

Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE92

Sprinter_Trueno_Kouki.jpg

And this 90's BZR, Gran Turismo 1 anyone?
maxresdefault.jpg

Volvo are almost non existing in my country at this point. I remember spotting an old USDM V70 couple days ago but that's all I could think of right now. I don't really see anyone driving a volvo nowadays.

-----
"The Sprinter Trueno...that's not the Ae86" cars:

Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE92

Sprinter_Trueno_Kouki.jpg

And this 90's BZR, Gran Turismo 1 anyone?
maxresdefault.jpg
More than just GT1. It appeared in every version of GT.

The...Nissan?

As for the Pintara, same story really.

On the other hand, the skyline from around that Era is still the most popular skylines over here.
The Nissan

Daewoo Matiz
images

When I first arrived at Sydney Airport, 10 years ago, these things were all over the place.
I've only just been reminded of it because, a neighbor just bought one as a runabout. Same color as that photo even.

Back