The Forgotten Cars Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,350 comments
Years ago, I saw on a regular basis a Reliant Scimitar. Haven't seen it in many, many years though and thought about when I saw this thread.

Perfect car for this thread. :P

It was this model:

iu
****, that looks beautiful. Didn't know Reliant made cars like that.

They were 2400-2500lbs. Heavier than the Sentra SE-R due to larger brakes, wider wheels, heavy duty cooling system, and t-tops.

And yes the SR20 was the top engine

Jeez, the SE-R. I'd have one of those just because. The fwd BMW 2002tii.

Here's one I forgot until playing GT2 fairly recently - the Tom's Angel T01:

a1.jpg

I believe only one or two were ever actually made. Mid-mounted 5-valve 4A-GE, only 700kg. Love small, exclusive, purpose-built sports cars like this. It's not pretty, but it's built like a race car and you could hammer on it all day long at a track.

I pretty much forgot the Nissan Titan existed until I actually saw one the other day, which is odd as about 2/3 cars on the road here are pickups of some sort.

2004-nissan-titan-photo-9376-s-450x274.jpg

I see several Titans, new and old, even XD diesels are not super rare around here.

The old Hardbody D21 is still out in force here too, not being in rust country has benefits.

Imagine if the Garaiya made it past the prototype phase...

Well, technically it did. I think. Only a Car Throttle article says it was scheduled for production, but then halted for various reasons. Which, unsurprisingly, is not able to be found elsewhere.

SVX
Well, technically it did. I think. Only a Car Throttle article says it was scheduled for production, but then halted for various reasons. Which, unsurprisingly, is not able to be found elsewhere.
I could've sworn I heard that it was only a prototype, but maybe I'm incorrect.

My brother had a white 90's Mercury Cougar as one of his first cars.

That thing was actually quite nice inside. I don't remember much of it though.

Aston Martin Can age Zagato. This was my go to "Apocalypse" car. If the world ever became one big Mad Max planet, at thw time, I would have used one of these(the 928S was my second choice).
3caf5d384d.jpg

I have such a soft spot for these cars. Seriously quick for 1986, hardtop would supposedly hit 186mph, or even more if you were in Mr Bean's AM-modified version. Plus heck, I love me some 80s styling, and Zagato.

Feels like the Hyundai Azera and Kia Cadenza twins are and will be forgotten. (Will be as in the current versions)

Especially the 2011 facelift on the Azera.
lead1azerareview2011.jpg

No real noise when the Cadenza was released either.
2016_kia_cadenza_sedan_premium_fq_oem_5_1280.jpg

I've never actually seen that version of the Azera... Actually I didn't even know they still sold the Azera.

Another to file under "Forgotten sports cars" - the Hommell Berlinette. Remembered it when I found this one hidden away in the corner of a garage in a driver training centre in Belgium.

IMG_3493.JPG
IMG_3497.JPG

IMG_3499.JPG

Looks like this one has led a fairly hard life. Cool find though.

It's visually rough but I expect it's fairly well-maintained, as it looks like it's used as part of the driver training activities. A look at images of them on the web suggests the interiors weren't much better trimmed than that from the factory, either!

Was quite surprised to find it though. Companies like that were so small you just assume the cars no longer exist.

I feel like there were plenty of jokes about the Toyota Urban Cruiser when it was coming out. But...I can only assume it didn't do too well afterwards. Then again, I wouldn't know as it wasn't sold in the US.
urbancrusier3.jpg

Honda Odyssey J (Or simply Odyssey if you live elsewhere in Asia or Europe).

2016-Honda-Oyssey-J-group.jpg

We already getting the North American version of Honda Odyssey yet Honda thought it would be a great idea to sell the "International" version along side in the Middle East. Guess what? People still preferred the larger and powerful US made one like this one below:

r.php

------
Speaking of Honda's, i forgot they made the CRZ:
honda-crz-facelift-jakarta.jpg

Surprised they only stopped making it last year. To be Honest, the only reason i even knew this car existent is because of GT5.

Last edited:
Honda Odyssey J (Or simply Odyssey if you live elsewhere in Asia or Europe).

2016-Honda-Oyssey-J-group.jpg

We already getting the North American version of Honda Odyssey yet Honda thought it would be a great idea to sell the "International" version along side in the Middle East. Guess what? People still preferred the larger and powerful US made one like this one below:

I noticed that when I was visiting Vietnam. Seeing both the North American Odyssey alongside the Japanese one (if that's what you could call it.) I love the design of the Japanese one!

Every now and again, I remember the Subaru Baja exists.
2006-subaru-baja-9.jpg

Latest Posts

Back