The Forgotten Cars Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,346 comments
Dodge journeys are common here as well as the Fiat rebadge, it reminds me of those incredibly poorly designed and engineered american cars of the 90s just made today.

How to yawn: in 2 easy steps.

Step one: Hop onto google.com.

Step two: search "Dodge Journey."
1200px-2017_Dodge_Journey_Crossroad_%28Joshua_Tree%29.jpg

They still make this!? I'm baffled that they've kept such an archaic design in production for such a long time.
I don't recall seeing one of these before.

------------------
Chevrolet Cobalt/Pontiac G5
2007-pontiac-g5-6.jpg

Apart from some PS2-era Need For Speed, i don't remember hearing anyone talk about it ever since.

One could say the Cobalt and G5 were "one-hit-wonders," but that would imply that the car was popular at one point in time.

Nissan Armada, i forgot they still make Armada's in North America, just looks a bit different...

17-armada-platinum-4x4-pearl-white-beige-almond-cloth-captains-chairs-nissan-of-lagrange-atlanta-columbus-newnan-3.jpg

Nissan Patrol without the Off-roading features..oh and a large arse in the back.

Nissan Armada, i forgot they still make Armada's in North America, just looks a bit different...

17-armada-platinum-4x4-pearl-white-beige-almond-cloth-captains-chairs-nissan-of-lagrange-atlanta-columbus-newnan-3.jpg

Nissan Patrol without the Off-roading features..oh and a large arse in the back.
Roman Atwood owns one.

-> ...

------------------
2007-pontiac-g5-6.jpg

Apart from some PS2-era Need For Speed, I don't remember hearing anyone talk about it ever since.
^ The Pontiac G5 = the better-looking Cobalt coupe.

-> Aside from the afterthought front kidney grille, unless:

G5_bumper2.jpg

cobalt2-1.jpg

Last edited:

------------------
2007-pontiac-g5-6.jpg

Apart from some PS2-era Need For Speed, i don't remember hearing anyone talk about it ever since.
When the SS debuted, I thought it was the closest thing we could get to a Skyline(in a 4 seat coupe with round lights out back). Same with the Impala back then.

The Cobalt wasn't a bad looking race car either. Didn't it have a Supercharger & Turbo?

-> ...
When the SS debuted, I thought it was the closest thing we could get to a Skyline (in a 4 seat coupe with round lights out back). Same with the Impala back then.
^ The Cobalt Coupes rear-end always made me puke. At least the Impala executed marginally better, but still dismal at best.

-> That G5/Pursuit conversion should've been made in the first place, it was a cleaner option.

The Cobalt wasn't a bad looking race car either. Didn't it have a Supercharger & Turbo?
^ The SS/SC was from 2005-2007 in Coupe-only form. But from 2008-2010 the SS/TC (Turbo) came in both Sedan & Coupe body styles.

->But my favorite was the HHR-version since it was tested in Nurbie-Ring plus hatch points:
2560_3000.jpg
450_1000.jpg

I gave Chevy too much credit thinking it was twin charged. I left the states end of '08. Anyway, I didn't mind the HHR over the PT.

-> ...

^ I've always liked the T100. For me, it had the right size...plus those Hilux tail lights! Toyota missed the opportunity by not offering a crew-cab option.
I find nothing wrong with the T100, I merely genuinely forgot they made it prior to the Tundra until I saw one on the road and was reminded.

I find nothing wrong with the T100, I merely genuinely forgot they made it prior to the Tundra until I saw one on the road and was reminded.
Unfortunately, the T-100 suffered from the same severe frame rust problems that affected the Tundra, Tacoma, and Sequioa.

Wow, pop up headlights, near-solid wheels, and an extremely boxy design. Shout out to the interior, too. It dates itself extraordinarily well.

58eb7988af86e6db9f7b34d83a9ed089.jpg

It's so delightfully 80's and I love it so much.

They even made a VR4 version that weighs just about the same as yacht.

Knew there was a 3000GT Spyder, but not a VR-4 version. Imagine Mitsubishi trying to market a car for that much today. :lol:

Was reminded of the existence of the Fiat Brava today. Remember these being rated highly when they were new - usual story of 70s-90s-era Fiat not breaking any new ground with handling or quality but nailing packaging and making it a bit more stylish than the other mainstream brands.

FIAT-Brava-2431_9.jpg

For those unaware, Fiat was also one of the first manufacturers to distinctively differentiate its three- and five-door models in terms of styling. Both had a similar front end, but were quite different from the A-pillar back. Beforehand most 5dr cars looked exactly like the 3dr ones with a couple of extra doors, but since it's been quite popular to make the 3dr one look a lot more rakish. Though now several manufacturers are just ditching 3drs entirely...

autowp.ru_fiat_bravo_brava_1.jpg

Between the individual tail lights and the flappy lid on the cassette player, 11 year old me was very much smitten.

Back