The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Started Terror in Resonance. Seems good. Art style is a little odd, but the story and music should make up for it.

I didn't find Zankyou's art style to deviate too far out of the mainstream standard. It's about on the same level of deviance as Higurashi or Code Geass.

If you get a chance to witness stuff like Aku no Hana or Ping Pong, oh man...

edit:

Last edited:
I don't disagree at all, but I happened to watch a good number of those films and they are pretty up there on my top 15. There were some other really obscure films I've never heard of, and that was the real reason why I shared that video.

But let's compare the two videos. The following were mentioned in both videos:

-Sword of the Stranger
-Kara no Kyoukai.. gotdamn Kara no Kyoukai. Kalafina sends the shivers down my spine.
-Akira

The difference in opinion is so greatly sparse. Seems like your video reviewer favours the psychological themes and my reviewer favours eye-candy.

Also, I really need to go see Tokyo Godfathers, Place Promised in our Early Days, and Summer Wars.

Last edited:
I don't disagree at all, but I happened to watch a good number of those films and they are pretty up there on my top 15. There were some other really obscure films I've never heard of, and that was the real reason why I shared that video.

But let's compare the two videos. The following were mentioned in both videos:

-Sword of the Stranger
-Kara no Kyoukai.. gotdamn Kara no Kyoukai. Kalafina sends the shivers down my spine.
-Akira

Also, I really need to go see Tokyo Godfathers,

Speaking of Garden of Sinners, did you understand the epilogue ep.?

I haven't watched the 7th film yet still.

I need to find the epilogue somewhere though. Will gladly report back if I ever get around to it.

2. Of how can what appears to be such a cutesy cutesy show be sooooooo... Graphic if you will?
Anyone remember Elfen Lied? Combining cute with so much violence is definitely not a new thing in anime, trust me.
@AOS- I genuinely think the author of that video is a complete idiot. His videos and his opinions irk me so much. I can't stand it.]
Not to mention Misty Chronexia became basically the biggest anime YouTuber by using clickbait thumbnails, many times completely irrelevant to what he's talking about. I do not bother watching his videos.

Hah Chuunibyou, you such a bad show.

Constantly teasing your audience and never delivering. Should've expected no less from a dense male lead.

-> ...
Just remembered I haven't finished the seasons of Chuunibyou.

Already halfway done.
^ I'm currently at S1E7. :)

Hah Chuunibyou, you such a bad show.

Constantly teasing your audience and never delivering. Should've expected no less from a dense male lead.
^ He is really dense, but thats the spark of its hilarity IMHO. Plus, I still have to see ~Heart Throb~ yet...

;)

@Not_A_Guest When I first saw Elfen Lied on TV (The first ep) around midnight a few years back, I thought it was gonna be nothing.

Well lets just say I didn't sleep that night :ill: Pretty much the first real violent Anime I had ever seen, then Gantz was next right after Elfen... It looks cute then things take a 360 real quick. Still wondering about Higurashi though, I'll watch it one of these days.

With regards to The Garden of Sinners, is the chronological order better than the 1-7 order?

I would just watch it in release order. I don't think watching it in chronological order will be beneficial anyway.

The chronological order actually can be beneficial. I recommend doing release, then chronological, that's what I did. Have yet to see Mirai Fukuin though (Even though I've had the JPBD for nearly a year-no English subs, gawdammit Aniplex).
--------------------
To continue further from a few posts ago about me criticizing Misty Chronexia, I just looked at his MAL (Linked on his YouTube page). How can someone make so many top lists when they've seen so little anime?
http://myanimelist.net/profile/chronexia

I'm now hearing he doesn't actually watch many of the anime in his lists. Way to be credible...

@Not_A_Guest When I first saw Elfen Lied on TV (The first ep) around midnight a few years back, I thought it was gonna be nothing.

Well lets just say I didn't sleep that night :ill: Pretty much the first real violent Anime I had ever seen, then Gantz was next right after Elfen... It looks cute then things take a 360 real quick. Still wondering about Higurashi though, I'll watch it one of these days.

With regards to The Garden of Sinners, is the chronological order better than the 1-7 order?

Watch out with Garden of Sinners. The plot gets very complex as you finish each one, and the pacing on some of them gets pretty fast

The chronological order actually can be beneficial.

It can be, but I was thinking just how significant the benefits are. I don't think the release order is told in such a way there's stuff to be lost out on.

But if there is something dramatically different about experiencing Garden of Sinners chronologically, I'm all ears.

15 years, he says:

11018180_10153170946715159_2875080091237307364_n.jpg

Back