The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
People tend to make the worst sounding mashups, forcing the mood of one song to fit into another when it clearly can't.

Here's one I found that seems to work alright:

Here's one that's hilarious. (Language warning!)

This is still the best mashup. Not Safe For Work because cannabis can give you psychosis or something.

I'd rather mash up potatoes with sour cream and butter. :P

The first anime, or the second one? There was this (Which has never been licensed) before the one that hit the states.

Shigatsu 19 please...

I shouldn't have read the manga. None of the episodes' contents are new to me now.

But hey, at least they're following the manga closely.... almost word for word even.

People tend to make the worst sounding mashups, forcing the mood of one song to fit into another when it clearly can't.

Here's one I found that seems to work alright:

Here's one that's hilarious. (Language warning!)

I've known about these for a while now, lol.

I've known about these for a while now, lol.

There are songs I've noticed people can't resist to jam in, and it's stuff from Clannad which either have too slow of a tempo to match the rap song the pick, or the mood is way too melancholic and/or lacks an upbeat to comfortably hold hands. Primary example is Dango Dakazoku by Chata.

Among the few artists I've heard works from, the mashups nakinyko makes are ones I enjoy listening to them most.

There are songs I've noticed people can't resist to jam in, and it's stuff from Clannad which either have too slow of a tempo to match the rap song the pick, or the mood is way too melancholic and/or lacks an upbeat to comfortably hold hands. Primary example is Dango Dakazoku by Chata.

Among the few artists I've heard works from, the mashups nakinyko makes are ones I enjoy listening to them most.
I don't like Ken Ashcorp but this is priceless.

Note: NSFW for language

I like the beat used for Ante Up. I can't pick up any of the lyrics due to the heavily edited voices and how loud everything is.

This one stuck in my head pretty good (explicit language):

youtube.com/watch?v=NYCm8oinC4Q

I found the mix of aggressive lyrics with a fun and easy-going melody pretty amusing.

Something less sweary:

There's a reason why it's got 1.6 million views.

I'll have to check out those musics just now

Please.... Chinese 5-spice + cumin + oregano + cayenne pepper powder. Your mashed potato days will see new light after you try that. ;)

Forget your mash, I want a Bento Box :P Although I want the mash....

bentobox.jpg

With Biltong though

biltong8.jpg

-> ...
^ Love it! :drool:

-> Nigri's next potential cosplay garb...I hope...lol

-> Chuunibyo is becoming one of my 'brainless fun shows' to watch! It simply gives me the grins!

-> Parasyte and Kuroko are getting even more interesting! Awesomeness!!

-> While I'm missing Infinite Stratos (and Charlotte) and waiting for DxD'd 3rd season, any other hilarious harems similar to the ones mentioned do you guys recommend? Nothing over the top though.

20150221_172255.jpg

-> Many thanks! :)

Nisekoi might be my next moe show to watch. Seen enough "funny scenes" videos.

The usual harem tropes check out too. And yeah, it does get pretty funny and at times cute. Though I'm not sure how S2 will go

I don't know if it's a good idea to share this, but just a few days ago, I started an experiment to see if I could find certain songs that I could play to "fall asleep to".

It's not that I've become reliant on music as a sleeping aid at all. When I have the free time to have my undivided attention on listening to music uninterrupted by ambient noise, I notice I can immerse myself in my imagination using it as a medium, letting it set a mood and painting a mental picture. I mean, yeah most people can do this, but normally I can't. Call this a way of training my focusing ability as well as a source to expel emotions

So what have I been doing so far?

I'm still doing a sort of spring cleaning on my iTunes library, and so far I've only pulled out one song I felt would be suitable.

This isn't the first time I've tried to focus my energy on the music to doze off in an imaginary setting. Some of the things I once thought would work but didn't were:

-Any tinging or jingling sounds.
-Violins or pianos (surprisingly).
-Anything that didn't have a slow tempo.

What "Senjougahara-senpai" has that I think is working is:

-The constant mellow note maintains a low-key mood.
-The keyboard melody, despite what I just said, doesn't seem to make concentration difficult.
-Slow tempo. It could probably go a wee bit slower if I could help it.

I'll keep experimenting with other tracks I find. One that I can think of off the top of my head is Devil May Cry's Pillow Talk, but I think playing that to sleep is going to make me depressed by then next day.

If you have any suggestions you'd like to share, please feel free.

Last edited:
Back