The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
It's probably dramatized to some extent, but the anime industry is a tough life though. Watch some documentaries if you have the chance. Anime biz is a lot more stressful than anime ever appears.

It's probably dramatized to some extent, but the anime industry is a tough life though. Watch some documentaries if you have the chance. Anime biz is a lot more stressful than anime ever appears.

Yeah, I knew that some parts were dramatized. But there is some truth in the show, right? The anime industry is a tough place, like you said, and Shirobako did do a pretty good job showing that - it even satirized the industry a little bit. However as you said too it doesn't show everything. That's probably the only issue with the show.

What documentaries should I be looking at? I looked at one about Studio Ghibli a week back. Think it was called Kingdom of Dreams and Madness.

I don't remember the documentary names off the top of my head. I like watching how things are made so one day I came across a documentary on what goes into producing anime. Their workspaces are hella miserable looking.

Finished Shirobako, and holy crap, why didn't I start this show earlier? It's just as awesome as Bakuman! Also means that I'm sad that the show ended :( Essentially every character in Shirobako I could relate to in one way or another, and pretty much every one of them were great in their own way. Well, except a certain three..

I'm guessing that this show has as much truth about the anime industry as anything? I was definitely getting that vibe
I've been considering it. Really well worth the watch then?

@AOS-
I'm sure it is a grindhouse to get anime produced.

That said...
Is there anything you all can suggest for me?
Thanks.

That said...
Is there anything you all can suggest for me?
Thanks.

I don't know man, a lot of good shows these days involve adorable little girls and possibility a shot of underwear here and there with a bit of unnecessary drama on the side.

Kent, can you handle this?

:P

Finished Shirobako, and holy crap, why didn't I start this show earlier? It's just as awesome as Bakuman! Also means that I'm sad that the show ended :( Essentially every character in Shirobako I could relate to in one way or another, and pretty much every one of them were great in their own way. Well, except a certain three..

I'm guessing that this show has as much truth about the anime industry as anything? I was definitely getting that vibe

@TheCorvette I need your help!

I've been considering it. Really well worth the watch then?

Absolutely. Check out Bakuman too. Same premise, but it's about making manga instead.

Ever since GTAV came out on PC just yesterday I haven't watched a speck of anime and I probably won't be for the next 7 days.

Just wait until character reskinning mods come out and it'll be like the Hyperdimension Neptunia mods for L4D2.

11159959_973407822693245_2575929642189136484_n.jpg

Manabu Orido's 86. :drool:
tZoKZ0GI2yc.jpg

BUH4UPj2NWc.jpg

biADUCLpZ5I.jpg

GPgLoFF7Niw.jpg

It's things like these that make me respect Orido so damm much. He drifts V8-powered 86GTs, and now this? That is seriously amazing.

I do wonder, what would take for a "new Initial D" to be created? Imagine a completely new series, with Takumi driving a brand new panda 86, it would make the car sell like hot cakes. Knowing what the original series did for the AE86, it would be pretty cool...

Manabu Orido's 86. :drool:
tZoKZ0GI2yc.jpg

BUH4UPj2NWc.jpg

biADUCLpZ5I.jpg

GPgLoFF7Niw.jpg

I would sell my soul to see this livery recreated in Horizon 2.

And returning to anime... I've finally got around to watch episode 2 of BorN. This episode features little to no fanservice whatsoever: it instead focuses more on the Young Devils Gathering, Issei's training with Tannin and initial meet-up with Sairaorg, and finally Koneko's sisterly issues. I have to say, it was real good, my favorite part was when Asia and Xenovia went to bed with Issei; it was supposed to be a comfortable experience... But the bedroom's too big for the three's comfort; needless to say, hilarity ensues. I, as one, however, am looking forward to see the final episodes of the third season; I think they'll adapt Volume 7, one of the more well-remembered ones in the series.

-> I simply love 'Punk-Ass' Orido! Especially when paired with 'Drift King' Tsuchiya on Best MOTORing, Option, & Hot Version.

-> But seriously, the car-anime culture should move on from Initial D. There are many series with similar genres that needs the same representation. I always stress on that, especially after I've read many different series , there are some series that are well deserved mention. :indiff:

-> Resumed watching Nisemonogatari for 2 more episodes, somehow its easier to watch it now... :boggled:

It's things like these that make me respect Orido so damm much. He drifts V8-powered 86GTs, and now this? That is seriously amazing.

I do wonder, what would take for a "new Initial D" to be created? Imagine a completely new series, with Takumi driving a brand new panda 86, it would make the car sell like hot cakes. Knowing what the original series did for the AE86, it would be pretty cool...

The car is selling well because of Initial D. I mean, spoiler alert (?), one even shows up in the series. It's a spiritual successor and everyone knows that.

It would seem Grisaia Meikyuu is off to a very ecchi start.

Twitter posting walls of glorious material for you growing boys. My nose would be getting wrecked if I was an anime dude.

C'mon Sekai Project!

---------------------------------

So I'm going to give Shirobako a go really soon. yay?

Last edited:
It would seem Grisaia Meikyuu is off to a very ecchi start.

Twitter posting walls of glorious material for you growing boys. My nose would be getting wrecked if I was an anime dude.

C'mon Sekai Project!

I FORGOT THIS WAS HAPPENING

The happening has already begun. Go wild.

I'm still not watching it. I'm tempted, but I can't. I mustn't. I forbid myself.

So I'm going to give Shirobako a go really soon. yay?

I thought you've already watched it since you knew some parts were dramatized

Latest Posts

Back