The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Aimer <3

aimer-20140320b.jpg

She's pretty...

But no pics of Homura have entered GTP. ):

edit: Every, single, week. Shokugeki stays as raunchy as ever. "Blockhead protag with superior skills" is as strong as ever.

Last edited:
So I finished Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari. I quite liked them. I liked them very much.
The animation, witty dialogue and presentation was great for me.

Just the fanservice at some points is what left me like ":ill:.... Wut?" Especially Episode 8 of Nisemonogatari where I burst out laughing because of the audacity of the 2nd half of the episode:lol: I didn't know what the power of a toothbrush actually holds.

Think I'll check out the rest of the seasons sometime. For now though, I'm taking a chill pill

That GIF Bomb nearly took out my phone :boggled:

Just checked and saw it was 26 episodes. Yoh.... I'm tempted to check out Monogatari Second Season but I'm gonna chill for while. I saw Neko while I had the time.

Storywise , without spoilers, does Monogatari Second Season progress well?

If Shaft made a pinball table it would always tilt.

:lol:

You gotta love it though.

I appreciate Senjougahara and Hanekawa too much....

Storywise , without spoilers, does Monogatari Second Season progress well?

:lol:

I'm afraid that the anime known as Story is not well known or having a story. At least one that progresses in any meaningful manner.

That said, the second season which is actually the fourth series which finished before the first season presumably will has far more story and characterisation and things which are actually kind of interesting to watch rather than amusing to my sociopathic personality than any of the other bits of it.

Hanamonogatari trips cat.

Whatever the one after that was was awful apart from the OP and the references to other anime which being intertextual are actually automatically awful anyway.

Shaft's work this season is NIsekoi S2. The first few episodes have turned out to be filler (just like in the manga) but we'll see how it turns out.

Shaft's work this season is NIsekoi S2. The first few episodes have turned out to be filler (just like in the manga) but we'll see how it turns out.

For some reason, seeing Nisekoi in anime form is extremely cringe-worthy to me. Sure, it's cute and all but..

00025.png

Anyway, I just watched Perfect Blue. I think I'm going to have to rewatch it before I pass full judgement. I get the impression that as with Madoka Magica what appears to be a sloppy beginning the first time round reveals hidden depths upon rewatch.

Great movie. RIP Satoshi Kon.

Take a break from Anime for a bit I said with a posed look.

*Finishes studying for the day and sits around getting bored

*Finishes a new episode of Mighty Car Mods, boredom intensifies

Puts on Monogatari Second Season. Well that break lasted.

And you got no names? :grumpy:

edit: But that UBW episode though.

What drama. What feels. What rage. What pacing.

I liked how ufotable threw in original content for this episode and the previous one. Spices things up a little bit. It's been some time since I've read the VN but as far as I know much of Ilya's background that was introduced in this episode wasn't in the VN.
The pacing was strange though this time around. The episode roughly starts with Ilya's background then makes a run for it once Goldie kills Ilya. I think it's that way so to expound Ilya's past just enough so to, in a way, list out why Ilya's death was a good and bad one. Plus for empathy. I mean, she is just a vessel for the Grail, who is constantly being tested on to ensure she's as an effective vessel as can be.
The moment with Ilya being attacked by wolves only to be saved by Berserker was the highlight, because Berserker came to Ilya's aid in his own free will. That's why he refused when Ilya kept ordering him to move. Berserker wanted her to understand that he'll help her, because he knows Ilya is a Master he can best match with. After all, it can be seen in the VN that Servants tend to work with Masters that one way or another share qualities or messages they can only expound if only those two worked together.
Ilya's death was a pretty brutal one too. It was a tragedy made into the hands of a Tall Blonde Man.
I'm expecting a reveal of Archer's true identity next episode, or pretty soon. I recall that around this time in the VN Shirou and Goldie begin to argue a bit about justice and whatnot before Archer comes in and says, "Hey, I'm Shirou's future self."

I stopped watching UBW a long time ago for some reason. I keep telling myself that I need to pick it back up again, but it's not happening with two projects in school right now.

Started ef - a tale of memories. One of SHAFT's less recent works and it still looks beautiful.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of picking up the Fate/Stay series: is Unlimited Budget Works the right place to start, or is it a sequel to F/S-Zero and F/S-Night?

DK
I'm thinking of picking up the Fate/Stay series: is Unlimited Budget Works the right place to start, or is it a sequel to F/S-Zero and F/S-Night?

Fate/zero is a good place to start. UBW references fate/zero a few times, and it helps give some insight into what's happening and some of the characters

Last edited:
All the Nisemonogatari talk = I remembering I wanted to include just that in the avvy week thingamabob.

Hah! Here's Asuka.

Tanaka Asuka from the new show Hibike! Euphonium. Show's made by KyoAni, which you all know by now is top tier moe art style. :P Asuka herself is very cheerful, enthusiastic and a joker.

Last edited:
Hah! Here's Asuka.

Tanaka Asuka from the new show Hibike! Euphonium

Very cute. Also:

But no pics of Homura have entered GTP. ):

My friend is coming this wedensday with both Timeshift and I'm the freaking devil Homuras. Bulma should theoretically knock my door this week too. Along with some chibi Rayearth figures.

Which also reminds me. We also recently received these in the mail.

rayearth1.jpg

51GTPWP4TWL.jpg

Both japanese editions from 1995, so no chinese/spanish/Tokyo Pop trash, and both in "japanese used" shape, which means absolutely freaking mint. Really, They're just new. We'd been chasing them around for a while but hadn't found a good deal on them, they always seem to go for 40, 50 bucks each plus shipping. We managed to nab them both for $20 each from the same seller, so combined registered shipping all the way from Japan took a week and a half.

They're beautiful.

^ Interesting pieces you've found there Mr. Cano. Also, that avatar brings back recent and weird memories :lol:

So I just finished Episode 15 and checked out 17 of Monogatari Second Season. The way I'm in such suspense right now... :nervous::eek:

I just have one yes or no question for now, with no spoilers please. Does the story from Ep15 get resolved by Ep26?

I honestly did not expect Nadeko to do a full 360 and go madhouse insane... That Ep15 conclusion and preview though ....

I'll probably resume tonight knowing my tendencies.... Will I marathon or not? That's the question

Last edited:
DK
How close do you wanna stay with the visual novel? F/S:Night 2006 then UBW movie then F/Z then F/S:N UBW then F/SN:Heavens feel(coming soon)

My friend is coming this wedensday with both Timeshift and I'm the freaking devil Homuras. Bulma should theoretically knock my door this week too. Along with some chibi Rayearth figures.

Which also reminds me. We also recently received these in the mail.

rayearth1.jpg

51GTPWP4TWL.jpg

Both japanese editions from 1995, so no chinese/spanish/Tokyo Pop trash, and both in "japanese used" shape, which means absolutely freaking mint. Really, They're just new. We'd been chasing them around for a while but hadn't found a good deal on them, they always seem to go for 40, 50 bucks each plus shipping. We managed to nab them both for $20 each from the same seller, so combined registered shipping all the way from Japan took a week and a half.

They're beautiful.

Timeshift? I own that game as well, pretty interesting stuff for a FPS.

On the topic of Rayearth, man did you get the cool stuff. If Japan's idea of a used thing is something that looks like it came out of the shop, then god damm I should start buying used stuff from there as well. Incredible buys, I did watch Rayearth in the past so I do know what is it all about. That and the fact that half its characters were named after cars, haha. :lol:

On a different topic, after much forgetting (and some laziness) on my part, I have at long last started to watch Chuunbiyou, a suggestion much mentioned by @SVX. So far, I only had time to look at the first episode, but I enjoyed the ride. The overall tone is quite cheerful, and most of the characters are likeable enough for me to enjoy seeing as well. Of course, my favourite moment was the "fight" (to use the term loosely) near the end of the episode, that was a genuine WTF moment for me. So far, so good...

Timeshift? I own that game as well, pretty interesting stuff for a FPS.

Lol no dude. That's the name of the figure, Timeshift Homura.

On the topic of Rayearth, man did you get the cool stuff. If Japan's idea of a used thing is something that looks like it came out of the shop, then god damm I should start buying used stuff from there as well. Incredible buys, I did watch Rayearth in the past so I do know what is it all about. That and the fact that half its characters were named after cars, haha. :lol:

Hey, that is a great surprise! Was it also aired on TV over there?

Back