The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Alright, thanks. Maybe later because I have a task to do right now.

Yeah the anime is really just to promote the VN.... and this VN will set you back many many many many hours to play through 5 routes. I've never played a VN before the first, but checking on a database of VNs this one is considerably long... so that's a good thing if ya ever need a lengthy distraction.

At surface level, it does seem to be like a cookie-butter harem, but what sets it apart is the obstacles each heroine faces and how the main dude resolves to help them through it. He's not the "here, let me shoulder all your burdens and do all the work for you." He's the "let me see what I can do within my power to help out, but ultimately it is your problem to figure out, fix and get over with."

Also given all the time a VN can give you, unlike a 12-episode time constraint, characters get a great level of development, so much that you create a fairly strong connection with them, allowing you to feel much more empathy and developing greater understanding to their current state of being as you dig into darker bits of their past.

There's romance, there's trivial moments (a lot of it which thankfully you can skip through), and then there's drama. Who doesn't love drama?

edit: lol cookie-butter. I meant cookie-cutter.

Yeah the anime is really just to promote the VN.... and this VN will set you back many many many many hours to play through 5 routes. I've never played a VN before the first, but checking on a database of VNs this one is considerably long... so that's a good thing if ya ever need a lengthy distraction.

At surface level, it does seem to be like a cookie-butter harem, but what sets it apart is the obstacles each heroine faces and how the main dude resolves to help them through it. He's not the "here, let me shoulder all your burdens and do all the work for you." He's the "let me see what I can do within my power to help out, but ultimately it is your problem to figure out, fix and get over with."

Also given all the time a VN can give you, unlike a 12-episode time constraint, characters get a great level of development, so much that you create a fairly strong connection with them, allowing you to feel much more empathy and developing greater understanding to their current state of being as you dig into darker bits of their past.

There's romance, there's trivial moments (a lot of it which thankfully you can skip through), and then there's drama. Who doesn't love drama?

edit: lol cookie-butter. I meant cookie-cutter.

Okay thanks for your explanation. Looks like VN have more depth compared to the anime. If the anime is a 2 cour (24 episodes) it might have time to focus on character development and better plot, but since it is usual 12 episodes, then I agree things were too short and can't cope the whole elements in VN that makes this story good. Just like other anime based on light novel or manga that only have a goal to promote the original materials at the end... :rolleyes:

Might try it later as you said it is quite long and have 5 routes in them. Maybe when holidays came after the end of my college semester. But once again thanks for your explanation I appreciate that 👍

I find that VNs don't translate well usually.

School Days was...strange. The manga and the anime both cut a lot out of the original VN.

Okay thanks for your explanation. Looks like VN have more depth compared to the anime. If the anime is a 2 cour (24 episodes) it might have time to focus on character development and better plot, but since it is usual 12 episodes, then I agree things were too short and can't cope the whole elements in VN that makes this story good. Just like other anime based on light novel or manga that only have a goal to promote the original materials at the end... :rolleyes:

Might try it later as you said it is quite long and have 5 routes in them. Maybe when holidays came after the end of my college semester. But once again thanks for your explanation I appreciate that 👍

I think 24 would've given it a lot more justice. Allowing two episodes per an arc instead of cramming an entire character's backstory and rehabilitation into 25 minutes was never going to work, excluding the

bus crash arc

which even then was insanely rushed.

Curiously enough, the visual novel is so positively received, so it's odd that it was under-funded. Perhaps if the Sekai Project English versions were released prior to the anime, things would have been different.

18222384_1678892189074041_4205238315260005194_n.jpg

The best version of The Lion King.

*edit* by the way, everyone here is a knight of the round table.

Last edited:
Has anyone given Chinese production a chance?

Wow, that's surprising. Finally we might find that Chinese anime/animation is starting to shows it potential. Like the character design as well the graphics, they doing a nice job for the CG and effects, only animation sequence I see is a bit lagging in some scenes but the rest is fine. Looks like more serious and no nonsense version of SAO lol. Quite interested.

Hello, old stomping grounds. How has everyone been? What's the current big anime names going around? I'm very far out of the loop.

I see AOS and Dice up there, already feels like home again.

Persona 5 is amazing.
I watched BTOOM!
Uh
Some other shows probably. Like JoJo part 4 and... I'll get back with other thoughts and opinions. Can't remember what anime I've seen in my 2 year absence from this topic.

Planning HxH casual cosplay(Hisoka!) and P5 protagonist cosplay at the upcoming local con. If there's any Manitobans here I'll see you at Aikon! We have a Maid cafe. I'm the robot butler! It's a lot of fun.

Is ARM still alive?

Hello, old stomping grounds. How has everyone been? What's the current big anime names going around? I'm very far out of the loop.

I see AOS and Dice up there, already feels like home again.

Persona 5 is amazing.
I watched BTOOM!
Uh
Some other shows probably. Like JoJo part 4 and... I'll get back with other thoughts and opinions. Can't remember what anime I've seen in my 2 year absence from this topic.

Planning HxH casual cosplay(Hisoka!) and P5 protagonist cosplay at the upcoming local con. If there's any Manitobans here I'll see you at Aikon! We have a Maid cafe. I'm the robot butler! It's a lot of fun.

Is ARM still alive?

Persona 5's great... definitely a goty contender for me.

And ARM is super dead, sadly. It's over at http://arm.icyboards.net if you wanna take a look for yourself

I'll kick around there for a bit later. Not on my computer right now.

Any recommendations Lain-sama?~ You've always got the good taste.

Sadly I haven't really been watching much anime these days, so I don't have anything to recommend. But if you've got a PS4, then I recommend Nier Automata... Yoko Taro is basically the Hideaki Anno of video games. :P

I reckon someone drew that picture just to annoy me. Two of my least favourite things ever.

Whoops, sorry if you didn't like it. Just to show how good the artist drawn a car and the characters. Maybe you didn't like these Kanmusu's? Or the car as well? (I'm ok with the characters, but I didn't know if you don't like the 22B Impreza, which as I know is a good car imo)

Whoops, sorry if you didn't like it. Just to show how good the artist drawn a car and the characters. Maybe you didn't like these Kanmusu's? Or the car as well? (I'm ok with the characters, but I didn't know if you don't like the 22B Impreza, which as I know is a good car imo)

Don't listen to him, his opinion is wrong.

Back