The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Not to bring back the bad old days of pictures, but somebody's made a perler of Aya.

0wewbm6vpeuy.jpg

No word of a lie, it's basically perfect in every way. In fact, I think Aya might be, too. She's, like, top tier, now. Maybe not top, top tier, but...you know, top tier. For sure.

That's impressive :bowdown: :drool:. Idk how much time this person had to finish this. Need a lot of focus and patience I guess.

I think you don't need as much focus on pixel art as you do with other forms of art. Pixelated works are almost entirely literally counting the number of pixels the original sprite has. That is of course if the work being done in said pic is actually a copy of a sprite - which I cannot confirm if it is true.

Who is that?

Aya. A Touhou char.

I think you don't need as much focus on pixel art as you do with other forms of art. Pixelated works are almost entirely literally counting the number of pixels the original sprite has. That is of course if the work being done in said pic is actually a copy of a sprite - which I cannot confirm if it is true.

Oh okay. So the first step is you find the sprites on your computer and counting the amount of pixels in it then create a perler out of it. Is it right?

Also, how you count the pixels exactly? Using software or just look at the image properties/description? Sorry if I ask too much.

That is of course if the work being done in said pic is actually a copy of a sprite - which I cannot confirm if it is true.
I can confirm that it isn't. Although it is based off an artwork on Pixiv.

I'd also like to point out that the guy who made it says it's a little over 5ft tall by 3ft wide. Says it's the tallest he's ever done and I'm not surprised. That's basically life-size. And yet he says it only took a week of on and off work.

Here's some more of his work.

Last edited:
EDIT: Ignore, something's not letting me upload this pic. :grumpy:

Slayers.

Slayers.

SLAYERS!

The Working Designs produced Popful Mail anime that never was to be... actually was! It's like s 22 year boulder of unhappiness has been lifted off my shoulders.

Lol, this is clever. Salting the meat all over the place (if you know what I mean) :

__kashiwazaki_sena_and_mikazuki_yozora_boku_wa_tomodachi_ga_sukunai_drawn_by_cait__5fbe15f917983c996f76ab39ebcd2eea.jpg

And this one is gold :

__japanese_crested_ibis_and_toki_hokuto_no_ken_and_kemono_friends_drawn_by_ribar__cb1ab4eb9c0038cf829279569417ed02.png

Character name is "Toki", which also means "ibis" (type of birds). Japanese pun at it best :lol:

Also, looks like a penguin in Japan named Grape-kun just picked his own waifu :

__grape_kun_and_humboldt_penguin_kemono_friends_drawn_by_yoshizaki_mine_and_zombiuk__aa9b0f3f608a4fa3e049cf7602ef330d.jpg

That illustration based on this Japanese news articles :

https://news.nifty.com/article/item/neta/12112-5564154970/

Last edited:
The other animal characters may attract their respective animals if they bear the same level of resemblance to the real animal as Grape-kun does to a penguin.

The other animal characters may attract their respective animals if they bear the same level of resemblance to the real animal as Grape-kun does to a penguin.

I agree with your point. The penguin characters in Kemono Friends by far is the most attractive comapared to the others from what I have seen in the anime. They are closely resembles how penguin looks. Perhaps Grape-kun mistakenly thought the character as some kind of female penguin or other penguin. Might probably he needs friend to spend his old days (Grape-kun is already old for his age btw). Kinda funny and sweet imo.

Edit: Here are the whole penguin characters. They are all idols and that's a good idea imo. Like how the actual penguin eyes were drawn to resembles a headphone :

__emperor_penguin_gentoo_penguin_humboldt_penguin_rockhopper_penguin_and_royal_penguin_kemono_friends_drawn_by_nyoronyoro__a2b3b21812a44434c1eca3000cbca9ff.jpg

Last edited:
Remember that Pen~pen is a Emperor Peguin..
" A lone male gives an ecstatic display, where it stands still and places its head on its chest before inhaling and giving a courtship call for 1–2 seconds; it then moves around the colony and repeats the call. A male and female then stand face to face, with one extending its head and neck up and the other mirroring it; they both hold this posture for several minutes. Once in pairs, couples waddle around the colony together, with the female usually following the male. Before copulation, one bird bows deeply to its mate, its bill pointed close to the ground, and its mate then does the same.[68]"

VR Shinobu/Kiss-Shot? Where do I sign up?

Also, any anime recommendations this season? I'm only watching Saekano S2, Sin 7 deadly sins (because plot) and Eromanga Sensei.

Dunno if you like sci-fi but there is Seikaisuru Kado that tell us about a male alien who come from other dimension (not from other planet, he literally came from thr outside of our universe) and giving an offer to humans an infinite energy resources, with some help from a negotiator which is an ordinary human. It is like the movie Arrival in short, but a little bit different and more complex. It is also give you very good views on political aspect as well. May sound boring for some, but I enjoyed it because of the sci-fi elements and how governments work in this regard. Simply like watching live-action drama imo.

I also watch Re:Creators, because Sawano Hiroyuki working on the music and the first episode of it looks promising. Kinda like Re:Zero but in reverse. Right now is a bit meh in the story, but that's because it is going to be 22 episodes so that's still long way to go. The whole thing is about fictional characters from anime, game or other medium were thrown into the real world and they have to find their creators to know the truth behind their existence. It is mostly going deep discussing animanga tropes (just like Saekano, but with different approach), combined with some mainstream anime action and fighting scenes. At least that what they have for now...

Other than that I watch Saekano S2, My Hero Academia S2 and Little Witch Academia. Also I want to ask if Eromanga Sensei is any good to watch? Kinda interested with it though.

Last edited:
DK
tfw Monogatari gets a VR game...and Eva doesn't.
tumblr_n5tjbrZakM1rmrkv9o2_250.gif

Yeah... that would be awesome to have EVA simulation kind of thing, to experience mecha pilot POV and dive in to the front line would be fun. But, with mental breakdown as an exception of course or it would be lethal lol.

And the numbers were very close to the limits of human performance.

He could run the 100-meter in 9.48 seconds,
endure forces of 31.25g,
survive for 19 days on water only,
go 264 hours without sleep.
At rest, he can hold his breath for 15m48s. While moving, 6m18s.
Can survive 68 seconds of exposure to a vacuum.
Body temp can drop to 13.7 deg. celsius, heart stopping at 24 degrees, but restarted after being warmed up.
Can maintain perfect focus on repetitive manual labour for 12h 18m,
memorized 100 average-length novels.

Damn, Yuuji. I wanna be like you.

But can he knock out giant monsters with just one punch?

And the numbers were very close to the limits of human performance.

He could run the 100-meter in 9.48 seconds,
endure forces of 31.25g,
survive for 19 days on water only,
go 264 hours without sleep.
At rest, he can hold his breath for 15m48s. While moving, 6m18s.
Can survive 68 seconds of exposure to a vacuum.
Body temp can drop to 13.7 deg. celsius, heart stopping at 24 degrees, but restarted after being warmed up.
Can maintain perfect focus on repetitive manual labour for 12h 18m,
memorized 100 average-length novels.

Damn, Yuuji. I wanna be like you.

That would reminds me an oldie...

But seriously, from what anime is that came from? Those statistics sounds interesting btw.

SVX
The Grisaia trilogy.

Oh okay. I thought it is from older anime or something. If I may ask is Grisaia any good? Just seen some screenshots and clips from the anime looks like just mainstream harem imo. Maybe some members here could give some explanation why this show is good or interesting. I also heard the characters fighting with some kind of terrorist in it's plot is that true? Or my ears got wrong?

Last edited:
Oh okay. I thought it is from older anime or something. If I may ask is Grisaia any good? Just seen some screenshots and clips from the anime looks like just mainstream harem imo. Maybe some members here could give some explanation why this show is good or interesting. I also heard the characters fighting with some kind og terrorist in it's plot is that true? Or my ears got wrong?

You're correct regarding the plot. The anime is adapted off an adult visual novel. The same content is there, just heavily simplified and very rushed. The anime is garbage in comparison.

SVX
You're correct regarding the plot. The anime is adapted off an adult visual novel. The same content is there, just heavily simplified and very rushed. The anime is garbage in comparison.

So it is better to just play the original VN instead watching the anime right? Then I might skip this one from my watch list. Dunno about playing the game though.

So it is better to just play the original VN instead watching the anime right? Then I might skip this one from my watch list. Dunno about playing the game though.

I'm playing through the game myself, I'd totally recommend.

Back