The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Can't really choose between the two so i am just gonna say...
Airing: A Place Further Then The Universe
Finished: Mushishi
Have only watched 3 episodes of the first and 2 of the second but those have been some amazing 5 episodes.

45de93dfaf.png

So I watched Akira for the first time recently... and I don't get it. It felt very random but I guess I need more context through the manga? Of which I honestly didn't know existed until I looked it up. :dunce: I was following, understood, but the ending is lost on me.

So I watched Akira for the first time recently... and I don't get it. It felt very random but I guess I need more context through the manga? Of which I honestly didn't know existed until I looked it up. :dunce: I was following, understood, but the ending is lost on me.
I found Akira one of those that needed a couple of viewings to get. I will make a bit of sense the second time round when you consider the circumstances of the main characters.

Last edited:
Is anyone reading the saekano manga with utaha as the main heroine? It gets the ending the anime should have had.

Last edited:
Is anyone reading the saekano manga with utaha as the main heroine? It good the ending the anime should have had.

Nope. Still waiting for the movie adaptation though...

By the way, I've just found this on my tweet :
IMG_20180425_184715.png

Just find out that the seiyuu/voice actor of Keisuke is the same as Sakura's big brother though... I would imagine if Keisuke have little sister and both ride in an FD and doing touge... lol.

Hello everyone! Seems like this thread is a bit stuck at the moment so I think I will give you some treats :

An animation showcase (sakuga) of vehicles depicted in anime. Love the times when all cars were literally hand drawn and had more dynamic movement compared to recent days CGI cars. Well, except Initial D of course... :lol:

I'm spending too much time trying to perfectly get the outer cut edge centered... so I moved onto the inside for now.

P_20180401_220611.jpg

P_20180401_220628.jpg

Update time:

P_20180410_230506.jpg

Cut the blade off the headpiece. A single-piece of wood sculpture would be impressive, but I'm lacking carpentry skills to make this happen in a short period of time. So I'm cutting it. It made it a hell of a lot easier getting the areas there.

P_20180423_214801_1.jpg

Finally got started on developing this part a little more. I don't have the latest update on this in photo form yet, but I've been reducing its thickness to create a relief of where the pointy parts protrude from. This part is tricky to articulate for me.

The next challenge I will no doubt have to face is how I would connect the pieces together. I wasn't going to do just glue. That's just asking to be knocked off.

P_20180410_230558.jpg
P_20180410_230639.jpg

P_20180502_224250.jpg

Started shaping these spinal vertebrate pieces.

P_20180503_235411_1.jpg

Annnnd I finally got the warped handle to look much more convincing.

P_20180506_221610.jpg

For tonight, I've dug into the shaft's head to allow the first vertebrae a pocket to sit in. I've also had to adjust the vertebrae ends so that they would sit flush with its neighbours, as well as bending the rod as I didn't drill the holes into the head and shaft at the same angles.

P_20180506_224157.jpg

As the warped handle was being finished up, some adjustments had to be made on both portions of the shaft. Also did a bit of work on the butt of the scythe, but that's the next thing to work on.
#deadscythe

Last edited:
Need recommendations :) I'm looking for cute anime's to watch base on this animes i watched and loved. :)

Anime's i watched and looking for similar.

Anne Happy
Is the order a rabbit
Yuru Yuri
Kiniro Mosaic
Girls Und Panzer
Hanayamata
Stella Jogakuin Koutou ka C3 bu
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes

More info

Slice of life animes
No violent animes please :( not a fan of violent animes

Thanks in advance for any recommendations :)

Need recommendations :) I'm looking for cute anime's to watch base on this animes i watched and loved. :)

Anime's i watched and looking for similar.

Anne Happy
Is the order a rabbit
Yuru Yuri
Kiniro Mosaic
Girls Und Panzer
Hanayamata
Stella Jogakuin Koutou ka C3 bu
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes

More info

Slice of life animes
No violent animes please :( not a fan of violent animes

Thanks in advance for any recommendations :)

Some of my recommendations for those kind of anime I have already watch based on similiar genre would be :

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (Good slice of life story between a single woman living with humanoid dragons and doing daily activities)
Girls Last Tour (Quite relaxing to watch and it is pretty deep and thoughtful through episodes)
Haifuri (Basically like Girls und Panzer but with ships)
Hibike! Euphonium (Mostly focused on ensemble music combined with decent drama)
K-On! (A bit old, but it had bunch of memorable moments and good music imo)
Love! Live! (Well, if you don't mind with idol themed show lol. It also had focus on slice of life story anyway)
Cardcaptor Sakura (Might be old since this was pretty popular back in 90's but it portrayed slice of life very nicely besides being a magical girl show. You can also check out the new adpatation Clear Card that ongoing currently but I suggest to watch the original series first to understand most of the reference. That if you are okay to watch for about 70 episodes the whole season though...)

Hope this helps by the way 👍 If you want to pick another titles to try that is fine :cheers:

I second the Girls Last Tour recommendation. It's really good, and the way it handles philosophy, without getting pretentious with it, is excellent.
Hibike! Euphonium is also quite good. Well animated, and fun characters.

As for my own recommendations.

I recently started watching RElife, and it definitely fits your criteria. I'm only three episodes in, but thus far, I like the dynamic between the characters. The concept of the show, a 27 year old neet who has been given the chance to do one year of high school over again in order to readjust to society, while appearing the same age as the other high scholars, is quite fun.

chuunibyou demo koi ga ****ai. Fun cast, fun concept, really well animated.

If you're up for something with more heart, I really recommend Anohana. Also, if you haven't watched Koe No Katachi and Kimi No Na Wa, then do so! ;)

Easiest answer: Anything done by Kyoami...

I'd watch Aria or something that's more fulfilling that something like K-ON. Watch SNAFU, Hibike, Hyouka, Little Witch Academia, Angel Beats, Chuunibyou, Date a Live, Kanon, Railgun, Ika Musume, Shigatsu,

Last edited:
@bdj57 @Jawehawk

Thank you both for the recommendations :)

I seen K-ON and Love Live(My favorite) :D

But i will check out the rest of your recommendations :)

You're welcome! :D Those shows being mentioned is just small portions of slice of life anime out there. ;)

Anything done by Kyoani...

Fixed 👍

I'd watch Aria or something that's more fulfilling that something like K-ON. Watch SNAFU, Hibike, Hyouka, Little Witch Academia, Angel Beats, Chuunibyou, Date a Live, Kanon, Railgun, Ika Musume, Shigatsu,

I would second Little Witch Academia though, both movie and TV series. Oregairu is nice too (Still waiting for new season... if there any...:bowdown:). The rest tbh I didn't watch yet except maybe Hibike and Chuunibyou.

Easiest answer: Anything done by Kyoami...

Angel Beats is great!

Angel Beats is great!

Is. Has cute moments, cute characters, but there's fighting so that's a no-no for Chikane-san over here.

Otherwise I would've also recommended Kyoukai no Konata, DxD, Nichijou, Anohana, Bakemonogatari, Neptunia, Gosick, Grisaia no Kajitsu (do the VN if possible), Houseki no Kuni, Infinite Stratos, Jinrui, World God Only Knows, Konosuba, Madoka, No Game No Life, Plastic Nee-san, Seitokai no Ichizon, Shakugan no Shana specials, and heck maybe even Yosuga no Sora.

Mmm. Annoyingly, all the anime I'd recommend are violent ones, too. Proper anime, that is, rather than mass franchises that suck your life in. That'd be NGE, TTGL, Monogatari and Railgun. All full of bust-ups. Lemme think of something sensible...

Erm...Haruhi? If only for Disappearance. Oh wait no, that had... Look, I'll get back to y'all on this OK?

Speaking of Chuunibyou, is there anyone here watch the movie yet? If so, is it good enough?

Almost forgot since now is Spring already, gotta give my impression for this season titles (mostly sequels btw). Here we go :

SAO Alternative : Gun Gale Online : Yes yes I know SAO was considered as overrated until the point when it gets boring in the end. But this spin off is better than I expected. Still, there is some lengthy dialogue and exposition in which having same habit as the canon did. However, most of the chats are used to give exposition about the game mechanics and specific uknowledge about guns here, which I found a bit enjoyable and informative compared to GGO arc in SAO 2. Also, it is rather action packed from the beginning unlike the one in SAO 2 which having the prologue too long until the battle starts in the middle. So far, it is good enough as alternate narrative from the main story. Oh, don't forget we also have lethal loli as main character... which is better than Kirito I admit... (Even though I prefer LLENN real human form to be honest...)

My Hero Academia S4 : Yeah boy this season sure gonna be lit. First 3 episodes were already give strong impression along with the appearance of villains themselves. Can't wait to see Himiko in action...

Food Wars S4 : This season have much better starter episodes compared to the last ones. Overall, still the same business as usual but now the stakes are getting higher since Soma are closer to battling against Ten Elites.

Hisone to Masotan : Probably have potential to become dark horse of this season. Really like the connection between female pilot and her dragon which remind me a bit of How To Train Your Dragon but with modern twist. It is also funny and relaxing anime to watch with mostly focused on daily activities/slice of life moments. Also surprisingly they use this popular 60's French song as ending theme :

The original song for reference :

I know this wasn't the first time anime using popular Western song as soundtrack (JoJo with "Roundabout" for example). But this song is very nice to listen in my opinion and makes you want to dance lol.

Wasn't aware there was a Chuunibyou movie. When does it take place? The 2ND season is garbage, so I stopped there.

Wasn't aware there was a Chuunibyou movie. When does it take place? The 2ND season is garbage, so I stopped there.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/35608/Chuunibyou_demo_Koi_ga_****ai_Movie__Take_On_Me

So... I finally completed If My Heart Had Wings (Ageha route).
This VN is goddamn great. I recommend.
20180514000700_1.jpg

Steam counted 37 hours of my time reading it until I completed it for the first time.

P.S. In the end, it was kinda fun to see them pulling a glider with a...
Mazda RX-8.

Last edited:
Back